• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    We were talking about Deoxys Speed here, not Deoxys Attack. Speed doesn't like Shadow Ball, because it does ass to everything it's supposed to counter. As for Attack, I have no idea what the standard for him is. So I guess Shadow Ball works, but I have no idea. :|

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    oh, okay. a friend of mine who claims to be good at pokemon says Deoxys-S was bad, and that Deoxys-A and Deoxys-D were better. I just picked the one of the two that sounded more appealing to me. :\

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Your friend seems pretty slow on the uptake. Deoxys Speed was bad- when it was an Uber. It has since been moved down to OU, where it's been fitting in quite well. 95 base Atk/ SAtk isn't so bad when you can outrun everything and hit everything SE.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    not familiar with the acronyms, SE lost me. My friend doesn't like D/P, so he refuses to keep up with it. He was just going off of what Advanced was.

I honestly don't build my teams around OU, UU, Uber though because I have never battled in a league set up before. just PBR randoms and friends around the neighborhood. I used to run Deoxys in my party, and my friend would say "you know Deoxys is an uber, and if you're going to use him your opponent's allowed to use an entire team of ubers on you if they want." in the end though it wasn't the possible threat of uber aggression that got me to stop using him, but how unfair he was against those people I were playing who didn't use Ubers. (save for a friend using Wobbuffet, but that wasn't that hard to overcome.)

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    Ah. yes he does. Forgive me if I sound like a noob, I'm still learning. (hope my team advice thread gets approved soon)
    Smogon recommended a life orb on Deoxys, and for a while I was using it, but I needed hte life orb on my Infernape, plus I hear there's a rules clause in some matches that disallows two pokemon holding the same item. (though I only have one life orb anyway). so I put an expert belt on Deoxys instead. not as strong as expert belt, but since he SEs most everything he gets almost as much benefit from it.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    I've actually been wondering, why not use Fire Punch on D-E?

Deoxys-E@Life Orb
    Adamant
    252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP

Fire Punch
    Superpower/Brick Break
    Zen Headbutt
    Rock Slide/Pursuit

Bronzong:

Fire Punch does 50.00% - 58.88% vs Standard Sassy Bronzong. (High 2HKO)

Blissey:

Superpower does 76.75% - 90.20% vs 252HP/252Def Bold Blissey. (2HKO)
    Brick Break does 48.18% - 56.72% vs 252HP/252Def Bold Blissey. (Medium 2HKO)

Celebi:

Fire Punch does 35.15% - 41.34% vs 252HP/220Def Bold Celebi. (3HKO)
    Pursuit does 38.61% - 45.30% vs 252HP/220Def Bold Celebi. (Switch) (3HKO)

Gengar:

Pursuit does 118.70% - 139.31% vs Standard Gengar. (OHKO)

Cresselia:

Pursuit does 2/5 of jack all vs Resttalk Cresselia. (1,000,000,000,000,000KO) >_< [/jks]

OHKO's Machamp, Heracross, Breloom with Zen Headbutt. OHKO's Tyranitar, 2HKO's Blissey, 2HKO's Resttalk Lax (Possible OHKO with Stealth Rock). I think you get the idea.

~T_S

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    Question T_S; what does it do vs. Dragons with Ice Punch (if used), and what does it do to Skarmory/Forry with Fire Punch?

It looks very interesting, and I may actually try it sometime.

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
    And the reason you are using a physical Deoxys is? It wouldn't get past most physical walls due to its low attack and it would have to sacrifice EVs in Attack and two moveslots to KO common physical walls.

Special Deoxys can use Superpower to effectively get rid of most special walls, netting a 2HKO as well, and it can deal more damage on Celebi (~60% with Ice Beam), Cresselia (~30% with Shadow Ball), and around the same damage with HP Fire on Bronzong. (42% - 49% with max SpA, but without +Speed Deoxys wouldn't outrun as much as it could)

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Can I get the set for a Mixed Sweeper Sharpedo?
    Anyone have any suggestions on changes? Currently he looks like this straight from Smogon;
    Sharpedo @ Life Orb
    Nature : Hasty
    Ability : Rough Skin
    EV's : 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Surf
    Ice Beam

It is an awesome set but I want to know if there is any way to make him stronger or another set which works better for coverage etc.

mintyfresh*

Student of the Game
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2008
    hey guys,

i was thinking of making a lead support infernape. Tell me what you guys think of this set.

Infernape (male)
    Naive Nature
    252 HP, 212 Speed, 44 Spec Attk
    Substitute
    stealth Rock
    will o wisp
    Focus Blast/ Fire Blast *which one?

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    Help with my team....

Hello guys i need one more pokemon to complete my team i was wondering if you guys can help me pick the right one.Here is my team now:
    Heatran
    Bastidon
    Torterra
    Empolean
    Salamence
    ?

So plz tell me what my 6th pokemon should be, ice, electric, dark, psychic or specific names anything would help..Thanks:)

Romo_Owens

Young Money
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2008
    Hey could somebody please suggest a moveset for a Calm Mind Cresselia?
    I was thinking a 252 HP/52 DEF/204 SP. DEF spread, calm nature but I don't know what to do with the moves. Due to it's stats, Cresselia is one of the best walls in the game but I can't decide which moves to use.
    I was thinking:

-Ice Beam/Psychic: I Don't know which one STAB or type coverage
    -Moonlight
    -Calm Mind
    -Thunder Wave/Light Screen/Safeguard/Energy Ball
    I can't decide on the last spot either I go with Thunder Wave, a status condition move, a support move like reflect light screen or safeguard, or energy ball/grass knot as another direct attack. What do you guys think? Because I'm not sure

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    First of all, this belongs in S&M. Secondly, what are they all doing? Is Torterra your Physical wall? Is Salamence Special, Physical or Mixed? What you need isn't based on types, it's based on what jobs are unfilled.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    Heatran is my pokemon against leaf type, empolean is for fire and rock,Salamance is my defence and counter against dragon types.And Bastidon is my physical wall.

And sorry for posting it here.Im new!

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey could somebody please suggest a moveset for a Calm Mind Cresselia?
    I was thinking a 252 HP/52 DEF/204 SP. DEF spread, calm nature but I don't know what to do with the moves. Due to it's stats, Cresselia is one of the best walls in the game but I can't decide which moves to use.
    I was thinking:

-Ice Beam/Psychic: I Don't know which one STAB or type coverage
    -Moonlight
    -Calm Mind
    -Thunder Wave/Light Screen/Safeguard/Energy Ball
    I can't decide on the last spot either I go with Thunder Wave, a status condition move, a support move like reflect light screen or safeguard, or energy ball/grass knot as another direct attack. What do you guys think? Because I'm not sure

Is outclassed by Jirachi as a calm mind sweeper =p. But W/E.

Cresselia@leftovers
    96 HP / 252 Sp,A / 160 Speed
    Timid Nature
    - Calm mind
    - Moonlight
    - Psychic
    - Charge Beam / Ice beam / Hidden Power Fighting

Hits 270 Speed, allowing Cresselia to outspeed Adamant Heracross and KO it with Psychic after a Calm Mind.

Hp Fight is for T-Tar and Weavile, which may probably the best choice tbh.

@T_S, for Physical Deoxys i use: - Fire Punch / Super Power / Ice Punch / Zen Headbutt. @Choice Band, but still blegh.Special outclasses it.

Pursuit isnt good on it in OU, only in ubers where it can revenge kill Deoxys Attack with it. As everything else take 2% from it lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back