• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilicious

dream
Years
  • If you're using Choice Scarf, you have absolutely no reason to use neither Vacuum Wave or Bullet Punch. Also, with no Speed, even with a Scarf, you won't be outspeeding much.

Change the EVs to 40 Atk / 216 Sp Atk / 252 Speed, the nature to Mild and go with Close Combat / Dark Pulse / Stone Edge / Hidden Power Ice. With Sandstorm and SR in play, you 2HKO Zapdos and Gyarados with Stone Edge, plus you always OHKO Celebi with Dark Pulse assuming these conditions. The Speed puts you above every kind of Scarfed Heatran, and 40 Atk EVs are enough for Close Combat to OHKO anything you'd want it to.

jasonh1259

D/C happening when I battle...
    Years
  • Blaziken and Sceptile

(umm... I don't know if this is the right place for this... :l)
    it is hard to make a move set for both Sceptile and Blaziken because of.... well, how they are used mostly.
    this is an idea of my sceptile as of right now:

Sceptile @ choice band
    Nature: Jolly
    EV:6 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
    -Leaf Blade
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide
    -Dragon Claw

is a sword dance a better variant of this? :l

Blaziken @ Salac Berry
    Nature: Jolly
    EV:252 Atk/6 Def/252 Speed
    -Blaze Kick
    -Sky Uppercut/Rock slide
    -Substitute
    -Sword Dance

any suggestions about better moveset than listed above? :\

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • It is the right place, so do not worry.

As for Sceptile, I do think a Swords Dance set would be better, but it's not like CB isn't viable. Rock Slide is kinda meh in that set though, so Thunderpunch or a Dark-type move (Crunch or Pursuit work) would be better. Focus Punch wouldn't be a waste of a moveslot if you're good with predictions.

That Blaziken... well, if you're going through the trouble of Subbing, why not Sub down to 1 HP and make good use of Reversal and Blaziken's ability, Blaze? I'd suggest something like:

Blaziken @ Salac / Liechi Berry
    252 Speed, 252 Atk, 6 Def
    Adamant / Jolly
    - Reversal
    - Overheat / Fire Blast
    - Substitute
    - Agility / Swords Dance

Use Agility+Liechi or SD+Salac.

jasonh1259

D/C happening when I battle...
    Years
  • It is the right place, so do not worry.

As for Sceptile, I do think a Swords Dance set would be better, but it's not like CB isn't viable. Rock Slide is kinda meh in that set though, so Thunderpunch or a Dark-type move (Crunch or Pursuit work) would be better. Focus Punch wouldn't be a waste of a moveslot if you're good with predictions.

That Blaziken... well, if you're going through the trouble of Subbing, why not Sub down to 1 HP and make good use of Reversal and Blaziken's ability, Blaze? I'd suggest something like:

Blaziken @ Salac / Liechi Berry
    252 Speed, 252 Atk, 6 Def
    Adamant / Jolly
    - Reversal
    - Overheat / Fire Blast
    - Substitute
    - Agility / Swords Dance

Use Agility+Liechi or SD+Salac.

hm, now i come to think of it.... well, subbing to 1 hp can be hard due to blaziken's iv.... gets ruined by sand/hail/stealth/spikes and toxic variant unless i have a spinner :cool: Thanks for the advice! ;)

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    can someone suggest a half decent sweeping set for 3rd gen sceptile?
    one special and one physical.

Sceptile @ Leftovers
    Trait: Overgrow
    Hasty (+Spe, -SpD)
    EVs: 28 Atk / 220 Spe / 224 SpA
    - HP [Ice]
    - Leaf Blade
    - Focus Punch
    - Thunderpunch

Sceptile @ Leftovers
    Trait: Overgrow
    Hasty (+Spe, -SpD)
    EVs: 252 Atk / 36 SpA / 220 Spe
    - Swords Dance
    - Leaf Blade / Thundedrpunch
    - HP [Flying]
    - Brick Break.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • I've decided to try making a Shoddy team,
    of which I feel I'll need quite a bit of help...
    I'm going to use Heatran as my main pokemon,
    & I'm wondering which moveset I should use to base a team on...
    I've heard the Choice scarf Heatran is the most useful, so I may use
    it...

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Been away from the metagame for a while, so best way to go for a Salamence with Roost?

Mixmence. Seriously, it's one of the best sets today. You could dry that BulkyDD thing with Outrage (yes I know, the way people slap Outrage on EVERY set is hilarious), but MixMence stills breaks walls.

CB Mence is getting better too.

Years
  • Dot, (I might have to call you that from now on.) I thought I'd mention the amount of Yache Berry DDMences there are with Outrage. Players are basically trying to make a mini Garchomp.

Mistermagius, you're better off making up a quick team centred around your Heatran, so you have something to work with. Post an RMT and we can see threats or changes that need to be made. Celebi can work well with Heatran, that gives you something to work from...

Reactions: .

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • Dot, (I might have to call you that from now on.) I thought I'd mention the amount of Yache Berry DDMences there are with Outrage. Players are basically trying to make a mini Garchomp.

Mistermagius, you're better off making up a quick team centred around your Heatran, so you have something to work with. Post an RMT and we can see threats or changes that need to be made. Celebi can work well with Heatran, that gives you something to work from...
    I'll keep that in mind....& uh, can we use ANY pokemon on shoddy?
    (I've not used it yet, obiviously....)

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • I'll keep that in mind....& uh, can we use ANY pokemon on shoddy?
    (I've not used it yet, obiviously....)

Well if you are using Heatran, that puts you in the OU Tier. Therefore you can use OU and down Pokemon (NU I don't recommend in OU though, they just don't match up. The "New" UU, which is BL and UU combined, though, have many great Pokemon to use as well, so don't feel limited to just using OU Pokemon.

https://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon

That's a useful website for you to use as well. It will list the Pokmeon alphabetically (Not all of them of course =P, or you could switch over to specific tiers to view), give you common movesets that are effective, and EV spreads. IVs won't matter too much on Shoddy, as it presets them to all 31s (Unless it's a legend, sometimes you will have to reduce an IV/Switch natures).

Last edited:

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
  • How does this look for a Blissey counter?

Honchkrow - Insomnia
    Adamant 252 ATK/SPD 6 SP DEF
    Taunt
    Mean Look
    Sucker Punch
    Aerial Ace

Taunt and Mean Look are there for obvious reasons, STAB Sucker Punch is ballin', and Aerial Ace is there because some people still use Minimize. I have no idea what item to give it, and the nature doesn't feel quite right.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • How does this look for a Blissey counter?

Honchkrow - Insomnia
    Adamant 252 ATK/SPD 6 SP DEF
    Taunt
    Mean Look
    Sucker Punch
    Aerial Ace

Taunt and Mean Look are there for obvious reasons, STAB Sucker Punch is ballin', and Aerial Ace is there because some people still use Minimize. I have no idea what item to give it, and the nature doesn't feel quite right.

Wut

Your Blissey "counter" can't stop Thunder Wave or Toxic though, and it sure as hell can't take Ice Beam. Add in SR and Honchkrow's relative inability to be effective in OUs or even hurt Blissey with that moveset and you're in for a lot of problems.

Resttalk Machamp is probably the best Blissey counter you're going to find, and it takes out Snorlax and Tyranitar too.

KiNGd0M

MY Ditto will eat you.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    I need a new moveset for my Blaziken. I have every TM and I need to beat the battle tower. He has EVs for attack and speed. Plus 6 in HP.

Years
  • I would like to request a moveset for a team I'm working on-
    Charizard
    Blastoise
    Venasaur
    Pikachu
    Umbreon/Espeon
    Snorlax

In Pearl Version
    Based on Red's team of course.
    They're all in different Tiers, so that will be a total mess. If it's for in-game, then anything can work - that's not what this thread is for, sorry mate. I'll give you a Snorlax set, anyway.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Ability: Thick Fat
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 SDef, 4 Atk
    - Body Slam
    - Crunch
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back