• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2009
    im trying to avoid choice banding my aero. Even with max Ev's in attack and a life orb ur saying it wont kill the mence after the SR?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    im trying to avoid choice banding my aero. Even with max Ev's in attack and a life orb ur saying it wont kill the mence after the SR?

With a LO : -

Damage: 85.19% - 100.28%

So yep it dies after SR definately.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2009
    sweet thank you very much. i was wondering is there a website you use to calculate those damages?

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2009
    What do you guys think I should add for my future platinum team?

Gengar @ Leftovers
    4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe [MILD +SpA, -Def]
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hypnosis
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Dream Eater

Glaceon @ Leftovers
    200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe [MODEST +SpA, -Atk]
    -Blizzard
    -Wish
    -Fake Tears
    -Hail

Gallade @ Focus Sash
    100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe[ADAMENT +Atk, -SpA]
    -Close Combat
    -Swords Dance
    -Psycho Cut
    -Earthquake

Garchomp @ Haban Berry

4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe [HASTY +Spe, -Def]
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Outrage
    -Flamethrower

What do you guys think I should add/change to my future team?
    All suggestions appreciated :)
    Thanks!

Last edited:

Eleventyseventy

But why is the rum gone?
    Years
    There's nothing wrong with Glaceon and Gallade, but change them if you're willing to use anything to win. >_>

What do you guys think I should add for my future platinum team?

Gengar @ Life Orb
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hypnosis
    -Thunderbolt
    -Focus Blast

Glaceon @ Leftovers
    -Ice Beam
    -Wish
    -Fake Tears
    -HP Fighting

Gallade @ Focus Sash
    -Close Combat
    -Swords Dance
    -Psycho Cut
    -Ice Punch

Garchomp

What do you guys think I should add/change to my future team?
    All suggestions appreciated :)
    Thanks!

Try that.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe On Gallade to beat jolly tar.

Timid Nature on Gengar, it needs that speed. Hasty can be used if you want too, in which case Explosion can go >> Hypnosis and you go 40 att / 216 sp.att / 252 speed. This ensures you OHKO Blissey and snorlax with boom.

But yeah, what the above poster said.

Eleventyseventy

But why is the rum gone?
    Years
    so you would completely get rid of Garchomp all together? What would you suggest I do to fill the open holes in the team?
    and thanks for hte suggestion :)

As Cherii said, Garchomp is Uber and banned from OU play.

You'll have to figure out who you want for your last three slots.
    A physical wall of some sort would be a start, as well as something that can lay down Spikes/SR and something that can spin them away.
    A staller is always nice too.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2009

Gengar @ Life Orb
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hypnosis
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Dream Eater

Glaceon @ Leftovers
    -Ice Beam
    -Wish
    -Fake Tears
    -Hail

Gallade @ Focus Sash
    -Close Combat
    -Swords Dance
    -Psycho Cut
    -Earthquake

Cloyster @ Leftovers
    200 HP / 56 Def / 252 SpD [BOLD +Def, -Atk]
    -Spikes
    -Toxic Spikes
    -Explosion
    -Surf

How does that look so far?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    All of your Pokemon are like, extinct from the OU metagame. ._.; Except Gengar, which is an endangered species and is currently being hunted down by Steve Irwin.

Take a look at the Threats to an OU Metagame. Those are a list of some of the most fearsome Pokemon used in the OU Metagame today. Recommended Pokemon are Salamence, a brutal force in the metagame with a hard hitting Outrage and high speed to outrun it, Zapdos / Rotom-h, both fast and very diversified Pokemon in their movesets, Scizor, an abusive bug Pokemon that takes advantage of Swords Dance, high attack, and priority moves, etc.

Eleventyseventy

But why is the rum gone?
    Years
    Don't listen to Cherii (however, a Salamence could do your team a favour), Cloyster's an awesome choice of Pokemon.

Cloyster @ Leftovers
    200 HP / 56 Def / 252 SpD [BOLD +Def, -Atk]
    -Spikes/Rapid Spin
    -Toxic Spikes/Rapid Spin
    -Explosion
    -Ice Beam

Setting up both Spikes and Toxic Spikes is a neat idea, but Cloyster also makes a decent spinner, so there's always the option to replace a set of spikes for RS.

Also.. you're not using any of the suggestions we gave you for the other three pokemon?

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Don't listen to Cherii (however, a Salamence could do your team a favour), Cloyster's an awesome choice of Pokemon.

Setting up both Spikes and Toxic Spikes is a neat idea, but Cloyster also makes a decent spinner, so there's always the option to replace a set of spikes for RS.

Also.. you're not using any of the suggestions we gave you for the other three pokemon?

We don't allow comments like "just go with your heart" and "your favorites are all you need." That is not a competitively viable strategy. If you want to use a favorite Pokemon of your's, it's usually good to limit to one and centering the rest of the team around it to ensure it's survival and success. This means using proven, competitive Pokemon around it.

Cloyster is Stealth Rock weak, vulnerable to Toxic Spikes, and Spikes. It's a terrible Rapid Spinner. It's really only viable in UU. Try to limit your SR weak Pokemon to only two on your team. As Cherii suggested, read the stickies and learn more about the OU metagame. If you'd rather use your underpowered favorites, try out the UU metagame. Even there, some of your favorites may not be viable.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2009

I'm using most of them :)

d2m

Years
    So I wanted to make a gimmicky yet still usable team based around Sandstorm, but I have a feeling I'm doing it wrong...here's what I have so far:

Hippowdon@Lefties
    Impish
    6 HP
    252 Def
    252 Spec Def

Stealth Rock
    Crunch
    Slack Off
    Earthquake

Comments: Starter for SR and an all around tank.
    Gliscor@Bright Powder
    Sand Veil
    Adamant
    106 HP
    152 Attack
    252 Def

Aerial Ace
    Ice Fang
    Roost
    U-turn

Comments: Scouter and anti-fighting. Bright Powder + Sand Veil = lots of evasion and Aerial Ace and Ice fang let him do damage while U-Turn is handy for a quick escape and damage against Psychics.

Cacuturne@Brightpowder
    Naive
    6 HP
    252 Attack
    252 Speed

Sucker Punch
    Substitute
    Leech Seed
    Seed Bomb

Comments: I've been rocked by this build before (although I'm not sure on the EVs), Brightpowder and Sand Veil help it avoid damage enough to set up even if it's outspeeded, once it does it can sweep fairly well.

Empoleon
    Unsure of my setup.

I really do need a water type on the team, and with the Steel type making it resistant against the Sandstorm, this one fits the bill, however I'm unsure on how to build it. Right now I have it with Brick Break, Ice Beam, and 252 Def EVs but nothing else. It's going to be my anti-dragon sweeper and brick breaker, but I'm kind of unsure on how to finish him up.

Claydol@Lefties
    Calm
    252 HP
    252 Spec Def
    6 Def

Rapid Spin
    Light Screen
    Reflect (?)
    Explode

Commentary: My special sponge and rapid spinner...I like light screen as it covers most of my other guys having lax special defense, but I'm considering replacing Reflect with another offensive move so I don't get out-stalled, but I'm not really sure what...another Earthquake isn't really what I need.

My last slot is up in the air, I'm thinking Tyranitar for the 2nd Sand Stream and the sweeper factor, but I'm unsure which build to give him. Considering I'm Gyarados weak, I also considered Magnezone, but again unsure how to build him.

I'm still pretty new to this team building thing, especially with the EVs, so thanks in advance for the help.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back