• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    can someone please help me out,

im looking to create a new competitive team in platinum, but im not sure what to do.

can someone plz tell me a good team,that relies mostly on sweepers (both types)

So a team basically super fast and strong but not extremeley fragile.
    (also most nature, moveset and ev spread)

Also, the pokemon can be from ANY tier,exept for uber.i also dont want any legendaries to be on my team. And please, no hiden power moves.

Thanks in advance,

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    can someone please help me out,

im looking to create a new competitive team in platinum, but im not sure what to do.

can someone plz tell me a good team,that relies mostly on sweepers (both types)

So a team basically super fast and strong but not extremeley fragile.
    (also most nature, moveset and ev spread)

Also, the pokemon can be from ANY tier,exept for uber.i also dont want any legendaries to be on my team. And please, no hiden power moves.

Thanks in advance,

Umm dude read the first post you arnt allowed to request an entire team with nothing to work with, thats basically impossible. Give us some pokes you want to base a team around and this will make it so much easier for people to help you.

The Kidd

Godly Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2013
    I need help coming up with an Ev spread and moveset for my Rash Tyranitar. Any suggestions?

Years

oh, sorry i didnt read any of the pages before this one ,...xD

The idea i have so far is:

Salamence (the Dragon Dance set on smogon)

Yanmega (Choice specs set on smogon,but replacement moves on the hidden powers.

Weavile (the swords dance set on smogon)

Gliscor (the defensive set on smgon)

and im not sure about the last two slots, but the team is supposed to be relying on fast offense, but gliscor is lead, stealth rock,Switch out.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I need help coming up with an Ev spread and moveset for my Rash Tyranitar. Any suggestions?

Scrap it. Rash is a horrible nature for T-Tar, as most are physically oriented, and specially oriented ones don't want to lower that great special defense of his.

*~Fireheart~*

ready for action!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    I'm new to team building. Im starting to think of a team, but I don't know what the last 2 Pokémon should be, but I know that I need a defensive Pokémon...

Metagross @ Leftovers
    Adamant
    252 hp/ 236 atk/12 def/8 speed
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Meteor Mash
    ~ Stealth Rock

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Mild Nature
    84 atk/ 216 sp.atk/ 208 spe
    ~ Draco Meteor
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ Outrage

Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Modest Nature
    252 hp/ 152 sp.atk/ 104 spe
    ~ Nasty Plot
    ~ Roost
    ~ Air Slash
    ~ Aura Sphere

Gyarados @ Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    ~ Ice Fang
    ~ Dragon Dance
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Waterfall

Metagross is my lead.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I'm new to team building. Im starting to think of a team, but I don't know what the last 2 Pokémon should be, but I know that I need a defensive Pokémon...

Metagross @ Leftovers
    Adamant
    252 hp/ 236 atk/12 def/8 speed
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Meteor Mash
    ~ Stealth Rock

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Mild Nature
    84 atk/ 216 sp.atk/ 208 spe
    ~ Draco Meteor
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ Outrage

Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Modest Nature
    252 hp/ 152 sp.atk/ 104 spe
    ~ Nasty Plot
    ~ Roost
    ~ Air Slash
    ~ Aura Sphere

Gyarados @ Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    ~ Ice Fang
    ~ Dragon Dance
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Waterfall

Metagross is my lead.

Wish or spin support would be a very welcome addition to this team, as three of your team members are already weak to Stealth Rock. Wish is better overall I think, as it has other benefits besides softening up SR damage. Consider adding Vaporeon, Latias, or Jirachi...I'd pick Latias to help a bit with your minor electric-weak. Also a decent special wall overall.

Other than that, there's not much else to suggest. It looks like you have a pretty standard offensive team here, so the possibilities are endless in terms of who else to add. I'd personally add a physically bulky sweeper, of which there are many possibilities.

Note that NP Togekiss has taken a bit of a hit in today's metagame due to the presence of Zapdos and the Rotom Formes. But not a bad team overall.

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
    I'm wondering if Grumpig or Miltank is good as a lead(If so whats a good spread/moveset)? I don't know much about battling at the moment so i'm just wondering.

I decided to have a Grumpig(Or Miltank), Kangaskhan, Hitmonlee on my UU team so far. Anyone have any recommendations for a special sweeper(Are they even needed in UU?) Or anything else that might be added or any tips in general. I'm new to battling and want to put together a UU team.

Another question. Is Grumpig good for a special wall and Miltank good for a physical wall? So that means i can use both on my team?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2011
    What teir does a not fully evolved pokemon count as? (eg: Hauter)

Last edited:
    Years
    Most of the time, its NFE (Not Fully Evolved).

Although, there are some Pokemon, such as Trapinch, Pikachu, and Clamperl, that make their way into NU or even into UU like Porygon2 or Scyther.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Latias @ Leftovers
    Calm
    252 HP / 116 Def / 112 Sp Def / 28 Speed
    - Thunderwave / Roar
    - Reflect / Roar
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Wish

I personally think T-wave and Reflect are more useful support options than roar, but the option is still there. A good team supporter overall.

Years
    any suggestions for possibly making this better?

Charizard
    252 SpA/252 Spd/4 HP

HP Electric
    Dragon Pulse
    Flamethrower
    Focus Blast

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2015
    I think it should! As the opponent is still using a heath draining move...
    Yeah it does, quote from smogon:

Leech Seed
    Steals 1/8 of the target's HP at the end of each turn and gives it to the user. Has no effect on Grass Pokémon. Does damage to the user instead of giving health if the target has the ability Liquid Ooze.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    any suggestions for possibly making this better?

Charizard
    252 SpA/252 Spd/4 HP

HP Electric
    Dragon Pulse
    Flamethrower
    Focus Blast

What nature and item are you running?

Looks good for a standard SpecsZard. You may want to consider Overheat somewhere for the crazy amount of damage it does. HP Grass and Air Slash are also possibilities. You could also give it a Life Orb to retain the ability to switch attacks. Beware of the ever-present Stealth Rock, a real pain in the butt for Charizard =(

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    I have a Calm Vaporeon with this IV spread:

HP: 27
    Att: 20 - 21
    Def: 22 - 23
    SpA: 25 - 26
    SpD: 23
    Speed: 27

I don't need a moveset here, but a good EV spread. Currently he's level 80 with 255 in Defense, and 126 in HP and Special Defense. Should I retrain him? His best IVS are in HP, spd, and sp atk, so I'm torn.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I have a Calm Vaporeon with this IV spread:

HP: 27
    Att: 20 - 21
    Def: 22 - 23
    SpA: 25 - 26
    SpD: 23
    Speed: 27

I don't need a moveset here, but a good EV spread. Currently he's level 80 with 255 in Defense, and 126 in HP and Special Defense. Should I retrain him? His best IVS are in HP, spd, and sp atk, so I'm torn.

I'd rebreed for a bold/modest nature, depending on what you want it to do. Bold is good wish support and modest for specs, which have 188 HP / 252 Def / 68 Speed and 188 Def , 252 Sp Attack / 68 Speed, respectively. Simply maxing out HP on the wish set or defense on the specs set is an option too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back