• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Thanks! Another quick question: Would a standard Mixpert or support Cruel be able to beat LO/Scarf Gengar that doesn't carry Trick? (Only 13.6% do, according to Smogon April stats)

Sounds like you want to use Gastrodon lol. And no, neither of them are remotely close to Gengar counters. Both get 2HKOed by Shadow Ball / Thunderbolt respectively.

Detox

Yeah, so Im working on a Gravity-Sweep team (lol) and I want to use a Nasty Plot Infernape with focus blast...what EV's and last two moves should I use?

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Sounds like you want to use Gastrodon lol. And no, neither of them are remotely close to Gengar counters. Both get 2HKOed by Shadow Ball / Thunderbolt respectively.

Ok, thanks Vance! (immediately throws both out). What counters Tyraniboah?

(yes, I am posting a lot of questions lol. Shoot me.)

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Yeah, so Im working on a Gravity-Sweep team (lol) and I want to use a Nasty Plot Infernape with focus blast...what EV's and last two moves should I use?

STAB Fire Blast to abuse Gravity is a given. The last one could be something as simple as Grass Knot for some type coverage on bulky waters (AKA Suicune and Vaporeon who say hi XD). Grass Knot is a great option I'd say.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Ok, thanks Vance! (immediately throws both out). What counters Tyraniboah?

(yes, I am posting a lot of questions lol. Shoot me.)

A load of things. Gastrodon fairs decently, only fearing Focus Punch really. Hitmontop, Machamp, Hariyama, etc...basically stop it. Even Heracross stops it assuming it lacks Flamethrower (even then it can take a hit). Swampert, Tentacruel (Dark Pulse versions), Vaporeon, etc...

Tyraniboah is not an offensive threat, it's a stall breaker. Anything reasonably bulky with a SE move that hits hard can take it out.

shalashaska

ocelot
    Years
    ok, so im new to the whole battle breeding/EV training stuff, but ive had Pearl/Diamond since launch and ive decided its time to start. now i have absolutly no idea what im doing so im going to do alot of "experimenting".
    now for my very first Special breed pokemon i was thinking of the following

Heracross
    Ability: Swarm
    EV trained in Special defence
    Item: not sure yet
    moves: Endure/Reversal/Megahorn/Stone Edge

Reason?
    ok here me out, i may be crazy so if im talking nonsense excuse me.
    Heracross is a Bug/Fighting. Psychic/Flying and Fire effect it most. so if i EV train it in Special Defence i could have a chance to take out Psychic Poke's with Megahorn, and Flying/Fighting with Stone edge.

If im wrong just tell me what i could do.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    ok, so im new to the whole battle breeding/EV training stuff, but ive had Pearl/Diamond since launch and ive decided its time to start. now i have absolutly no idea what im doing so im going to do alot of "experimenting".
    now for my very first Special breed pokemon i was thinking of the following

Heracross
    Ability: Swarm
    EV trained in Special defence
    Item: not sure yet
    moves: Endure/Reversal/Megahorn/Stone Edge

Reason?
    ok here me out, i may be crazy so if im talking nonsense excuse me.
    Heracross is a Bug/Fighting. Psychic/Flying and Fire effect it most. so if i EV train it in Special Defence i could have a chance to take out Psychic Poke's with Megahorn, and Flying/Fighting with Stone edge.

If im wrong just tell me what i could do.

Kind of a bit of backwards logic here...A reversal Heracross always wants max speed and attack. Why? Because he needs the full power of reversal and maximum speed if he wants any chance at a sweep. The special defense EVs will largely go to waste here, as this Heracross is not designed to take hits, more to wreak some havoc. He wants a Salac Berry so he can get that much needed speed boost. Substitute works as well to help get him into low health. Jolly nature as well.

So here's what you're looking for:

Heracross @ Salac Berry
    Jolly
    Swarm
    252 Attack / 252 Speed / 6HP
    - Substitute / Endure
    - Reversal
    - Megahorn
    - Stone Edge / Swords Dance / Focus Punch

Beware of all the weather inducers in todays metagame, which makes this set a little hard to pull off.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Kind of a bit of backwards logic here...A reversal Heracross always wants max speed and attack. Why? Because he needs the full power of reversal and maximum speed if he wants any chance at a sweep. The special defense EVs will largely go to waste here, as this Heracross is not designed to take hits, more to wreak some havoc. He wants a Salac Berry so he can get that much needed speed boost. Substitute works as well to help get him into low health. Jolly nature as well.

So here's what you're looking for:

Heracross @ Salac Berry
    Jolly
    Swarm
    252 Attack / 252 Speed / 6HP
    - Substitute / Endure
    - Reversal
    - Megahorn
    - Stone Edge / Swords Dance / Focus Punch

Beware of all the weather inducers in todays metagame, which makes this set a little hard to pull off.

^ Thats the set (Aura covered the rest too), but Lucario does this 100% better as you will be lucky to find a team without Sandstorm and even then it kinda sucks because you will be hard pressed to find a team without some form of priority.

I advise you to use one of the following if you want a higher success rate.

Heracross@Life Orb
    6 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
    Jolly Nature
    Trait : Guts
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Megahorn
    - Stone Edge

Straight up SD Heracross, a more sweeper oriented set. IIrc this set has 1 Att point less than Adamant Lucario so it hits incredibly hard after an SD.

Heracross@Choice Band
    96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Speed
    Adamant Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Metahorn
    - Night Slash / Pursuit
    - Stone Edge

CB Cross, requires prediction to work but really nothing likes switching in or out (Pursuit) of this monster.

Heracross@Choice Scarf
    6 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
    Adamant Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Megahorn
    - Stone Edge
    - Night Slash / Toxic

Scarf Cross, useful for revenge killing things due to the speed boost scarf grants it. Toxic is pretty nifty on this set because sometimes it cant get past bulkier counters like Hippowdon and Gliscor so if you poison them on the switch in they get worn down very fast and have to keep dealing with SR, Poison and additional damage each time they come in. ^^

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    any suggestions on improving my toxistall cradily?

cradily - lefties
    4 def / 252 hp / 252 sdef
    sassy
    suction cups
    - toxic
    - protect
    - recover
    - earthquake

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2015
    What are some strategies to keep a cleric (like blissey) alive? Seems whenever I add one to my team it always get KOed either before or just after I use the healing move...then I can't heal again.

Any good blissey sets besides the standard cleric one on smogon that'll keep it alive better so it can aromatherapy a few times before dying?

EDIT: Also, I'm considering taking my scizor's choice band and giving it life orb or expert belt. What would I lose in terms of important OHKOs and 2HKOs? I'm considering it because my scizor has brick break in order to combat magnezones (among other things, but in particular him because of mag pull) but it can't use it if the magnezone switches in on another attack like bullet punch.

Last edited:
    Years
    What nature and item are you running?

Looks good for a standard SpecsZard. You may want to consider Overheat somewhere for the crazy amount of damage it does. HP Grass and Air Slash are also possibilities. You could also give it a Life Orb to retain the ability to switch attacks. Beware of the ever-present Stealth Rock, a real pain in the butt for Charizard =(

oh right.

its timid and im pretty sure its the choice item for SpA,cant remember the name.

i was going for either HP Grass or Electric and electric was the one i got when i got the timid nature so i stuck with that.lol

if i was to use overheat/air slash,what should i replace?

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    What are some strategies to keep a cleric (like blissey) alive? Seems whenever I add one to my team it always get KOed either before or just after I use the healing move...then I can't heal again.

Any good blissey sets besides the standard cleric one on smogon that'll keep it alive better so it can aromatherapy a few times before dying?

EDIT: Also, I'm considering taking my scizor's choice band and giving it life orb or expert belt. What would I lose in terms of important OHKOs and 2HKOs? I'm considering it because my scizor has brick break in order to combat magnezones (among other things, but in particular him because of mag pull) but it can't use it if the magnezone switches in on another attack like bullet punch.

Keep CB on Siczor. Also Bliss cannot be OHKOed by a special move without setup/crit by anything in OU which means youre not using it properly. Blissey only walls special attackers and that is the only thing it should switch into.

Brick Break 2HKOs Zone and Zone can outrun and kill with scarf, which is standard. Change to Superpower to hit incoming Magnezone. But really there is no point in trying to beat Zone becaause most are scarfed and 99% of the time they win. No Zone would really switch into CB Scizor unless its locked into Pursuit or BP. But if youre worried about Scarfless Zone I believe you could run an LO ste with 28HP 228 Atk 228Spe Jolly which outruns unscarfed variants and can UTurn out.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2009
    my team is
    -houndoom
    -sceptile
    -metagross
    -magmortar
    -kingdra
    -dragonite
    can someone help me with a good moveset for them

I also have
    hitmonlee.crawdaunt,drapion,raichu,poliwrath,alakazam,aggron,tauros,
    swellow,absol,miltank,dusknoir,donphan,flygon,nidoking
    hitmontop,electivire,rhyperior,masqueraintyranitar,weavile,salamence,and all the starters

and my ubers are celebi,latios,latias,suicune,lugia,entei,raikou,ho-oh,deoxys,shaymin,darkrai,regirock,regice,registeel,regigigas,mew,mewtwo,articuno,moltres,zapdos,giratina
    most i traded from my older games to emerald and from there to DP and some i got from events like my darkrai with Spacial Rend,Roar of Time,dark void and one i cant remember
    but i dont like to use ubers too much

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    oh right.

its timid and im pretty sure its the choice item for SpA,cant remember the name.

i was going for either HP Grass or Electric and electric was the one i got when i got the timid nature so i stuck with that.lol

if i was to use overheat/air slash,what should i replace?

Well since you have HP Electric, this is what I would do:

Charizard @ Choice Specs
    Modest / Timid
    252 Sp Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Def
    Flamethrower / Overheat
    HP Electric / Air Slash
    Dragon Pulse
    Focus Blast / Focus Punch

As you can see, there are a few options here, depending on what your team needs. Outside of UU though, a lot outclasses this.

my team is
    -houndoom
    -sceptile
    -metagross
    -magmortar
    -kingdra
    -dragonite
    can someone help me with a good moveset for them

I also have
    hitmonlee.crawdaunt,drapion,raichu,poliwrath,alakazam,aggron,tauros,
    swellow,absol,miltank,dusknoir,donphan,flygon,nidoking
    hitmontop,electivire,rhyperior,masqueraintyranitar,weavile,salamence,and all the starters

and my ubers are celebi,latios,latias,suicune,lugia,entei,raikou,ho-oh,deoxys,shaymin,darkrai,regirock,regice,registeel,regigigas,mew,mewtwo,articuno,moltres,zapdos,giratina
    most i traded from my older games to emerald and from there to DP and some i got from events like my darkrai with Spacial Rend,Roar of Time,dark void and one i cant remember
    but i dont like to use ubers too much

You should have an idea about what you want to do with each specific pokemon on your team, because there are a ton of useable combinations of movesets, but it's hard to know what you want to do with each. So rattling off movesets for you to use is kind of inefficient, for you and for people trying to help =(

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    New to ev traing.

I want to know what level should I start ev traing my chimchar for a mix ape? I know I need it to have a certian nature and I have one that has a naive nature. I was also wondering other than the normal vitimins to raise it's speed and spe what else should I use to help train it?

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    So I had an idea for a UU Pokemon and I wanted some input. I give you: CurseFlora

Sunflora@Leftovers
    Chlorophyll
    Careful
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp.Def / 4 Def
    Curse
    Leech Seed
    Seed Bomb
    Toxic

Does this set seem at all usable, or is it just pure fail?

Years
    Any level is good as long it hasn't battled prior.

It's important to note that each of the Vitamins give 10 EVs in a stat as long as the amount of EVs in that stat is less than 100 and the total EVs are less than 510. In this way, the Vitamins can give 100 free EVs to start off.

Other things that can help with EV training are the Macho Brace, Power Items, and Pokerus. The Macho Brace when held doubles the amount of EVs you gain in battle. For example, battling a Bidoof gives 1 HP EV. When holding the Macho Brace, you get 2 HP EVs instead. Power items, are held items that can be bought at the Battle Tower/Frontier and provide 4 extra EVs in the stat they say they raise. For example, the Power Anklet raises speed. Battling a Bidoof with it will yield 1 HP and 4 Speed EVs. Battling a Starly (1 speed EV) will yield 5 speed EVs. Pokerus, a rare status condition, does the same thing as the Macho Brace, except that it's not a held item so it can be coupled with either of the two methods listed above. In this way, you could gain 4 HP EVs from battling a Bidoof while holding the Macho Brace and being infected with Pokerus. Also, while holding the Power Anklet and being infected with Pokerus, you could gain 10 EVs from defeating a Starly.

Does this help?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back