• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Well I can't speak for leads, cause I don't tend to use Bronzong as a lead, but with Heatproof and Light Screen, it really has no fear of Fire attacks. People EQ occasionally but by that time it's done it's job and I see it coming, and switch to something that does have levitate.

Levitate is generally easier to use, but Heatproof can have it's merrits.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    But the point is no one would be stupid enough to keep a Bronzong in on a Heatran, Infernape, or Azelf as it is o.o. All three of them win 1 on 1 against Bronzong 99% of the time. The one percent being EQ on Heatran (That being it isn't running a Shuca Berry, but oh wait, it does 95 percent of the time as a lead! Otherwise it is scarfed, and outspeeds you and KOs you with Fire Blast XD). Infernape can live and Fire Blast your face off anyways :P Levitate is and always will be the superior ability on Bronzong. The gimmick of "surprise" rarely --IF EVER-- works at all.

Im assuming you didn't read my damage calcs, as they prove that he beats Azelf, do to the fact that he 5HKOs him, and Gyro Ball does 75%. So honestly, how do you get off saying that Azelf wins, when really, one on one, he his only chance is if I use Stealth Rock, and Flamethrower critical hits twice in a row.
    It fairs much better against Heatran than you would assume, do to the possibility of Fire Blasts accuracy causing it to miss, giving Bronzong extra help with Hypnosis chance, and Earthquake I mentioned is NOT primaliry to kill Heatran, its to remove Shuca Berry overall, so that a more physical threat like Tyranitar or Metagross can OHKO, ehich can both scout when necessary, and OHKO Heatran. And anyways, if you both use Stealth Rock first, there's a possiblity of getting 2 EQs in if Fire Blast hits twice.
    Infernape is easily taken care of. Fake Out is irrelevant, it doesnt do enough damage to get Bronzong below 100 with leftovers, Fire Blast 3HKOs, with a possibilty of 4HKO with Leftovers, and Earthquake does (60.31% - 71.76%), so always a 2HKO
    So do to ALL of the evidence saying that you can in fact beat all of the leads that have been mentioned, do you still believe that levitate is a superior ability for a Lead Bronzong?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Im assuming you didn't read my damage calcs, as they prove that he beats Azelf, do to the fact that he 5HKOs him, and Gyro Ball does 75%. So honestly, how do you get off saying that Azelf wins, when really, one on one, he his only chance is if I use Stealth Rock, and Flamethrower critical hits twice in a row.
    It fairs much better against Heatran than you would assume, do to the possibility of Fire Blasts accuracy causing it to miss, giving Bronzong extra help with Hypnosis chance, and Earthquake I mentioned is NOT primaliry to kill Heatran, its to remove Shuca Berry overall, so that a more physical threat like Tyranitar or Metagross can OHKO, ehich can both scout when necessary, and OHKO Heatran. And anyways, if you both use Stealth Rock first, there's a possiblity of getting 2 EQs in if Fire Blast hits twice.
    Infernape is easily taken care of. Fake Out is irrelevant, it doesnt do enough damage to get Bronzong below 100 with leftovers, Fire Blast 3HKOs, with a possibilty of 4HKO with Leftovers, and Earthquake does (60.31% - 71.76%), so always a 2HKO
    So do to ALL of the evidence saying that you can in fact beat all of the leads that have been mentioned, do you still believe that levitate is a superior ability for a Lead Bronzong?

Actually, yes :P Azelf, Heatran, and Infernape are NOT the only leads. Metagross, foe Bronzong, Tyranitar, Hippowdon, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, etc. All can run Earthquake as a lead, and usually do (Notable exceptions being Gyarados and Tyranitar). Now, what do think you are going to do when up against them? Without Levitate, you are extremely vulnerable to Earthquake from all of these foes. Gyarados and Tyranitar can go "Hai, I'm going to Dragon Dance then kill you with Earthquake. kthxbai!" easily. Now, this is assuming that they can figure out you are using Heatproof. Which is exactly my point: Heatproof is and always will be underused because it IS inferior.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    Actually, yes :P Azelf, Heatran, and Infernape are NOT the only leads. Metagross, foe Bronzong, Tyranitar, Hippowdon, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, etc. All can run Earthquake as a lead, and usually do (Notable exceptions being Gyarados and Tyranitar). Now, what do think you are going to do when up against them? Without Levitate, you are extremely vulnerable to Earthquake from all of these foes. Gyarados and Tyranitar can go "Hai, I'm going to Dragon Dance then kill you with Earthquake. kthxbai!" easily. Now, this is assuming that they can figure out you are using Heatproof. Which is exactly my point: Heatproof is and always will be underused because it IS inferior.

You're saying its weak to ALL of these leads, none of which carry fire moves, and could not possibly discover that it has Heatproof unless they actually used Earthquake, which would be rare. You're saying its inferior, because they have to figure out which ability you have, which for one, wastes there time, may force them to switch, helps with scouting, allows for more Stealth Rock damage, allows more opportunities to use Hypnosis, and work together to destroy stronger threats. As well as it handles many of the common leads, easily handling a Tyranitar if it trys to Dragon Dance, since it wont take the rsik to use Earthquake, Metagross with Trick can cause problems, but regular lead Metagorss destroys it. Aerodactyl will taunt, and with its speed Gyro Ball is a hit straight to focus sash, predicting correctly. Hippowdon and Gyarados, well no lead is perfect, but with Heatproof it is better as a lead.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    You're saying its weak to ALL of these leads, none of which carry fire moves, and could not possibly discover that it has Heatproof unless they actually used Earthquake, which would be rare. You're saying its inferior, because they have to figure out which ability you have, which for one, wastes there time, may force them to switch, helps with scouting, allows for more Stealth Rock damage, allows more opportunities to use Hypnosis, and work together to destroy stronger threats. As well as it handles many of the common leads, easily handling a Tyranitar if it trys to Dragon Dance, since it wont take the rsik to use Earthquake, Metagross with Trick can cause problems, but regular lead Metagorss destroys it. Aerodactyl will taunt, and with its speed Gyro Ball is a hit straight to focus sash, predicting correctly. Hippowdon and Gyarados, well no lead is perfect, but with Heatproof it is better as a lead.

Thats the thing though, if they see its taking reduced fire damage wont any good player EQ you, i know for a fact i would lol ? You also lose that ability to come in on EQ, one of Zongs biggest selling points over Jirachi and Meta.

Also you might want to factor blaze into the infernape calc, of which if you actvate it by EQing said ape, with your calc and then next turn it does 102% accumulated even if rolls min damage with with Heatproof with F-Blast. I mean if you stay in to break its sash with Gyo Ball and EQ it then i guess that might work, but i have seen some Ape carry Encore lately so eh. =/

Heatran also has a chance to 2hko, thats not safely exactly beating it >.<

The thing is, zong shouldnt be staying in on the aformentioned regardless of its ability, basically your sacrificing a perfectly good Bronzong and take like 90% from things that you have no priority in beating and you dont really get anything out of it (if you set something up and stop attacking you will lose). Sure you beat lead Azelf i guess but you can actually beat that with levitate too.

I mean its not as if you even get SR out of staying in on tran and ape, you just trade one for one and take like 90% at worse so that even Bullet Punch and like Quick Attack will finish you off lol, because if you stay in you lose and if you switch you let them get a free SR.

Heat proofs uses are really situtional and taking reduced fire attacks is a HUGE hint for the rest of the team to come in and EQ you.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    Thats the thing though, if they see its taking reduced fire damage wont any good player EQ you, i know for a fact i would lol ? You also lose that ability to come in on EQ, one of Zongs biggest selling points over Jirachi and Meta.

Also you might want to factor blaze into the infernape calc, of which if you actvate it by EQing said ape, with your calc and then next turn it does 102% accumulated even if rolls min damage with with Heatproof with F-Blast. I mean if you stay in to break its sash with Gyo Ball and EQ it then i guess that might work, but i have seen some Ape carry Encore lately so eh. =/

Heatran also has a chance to 2hko, thats not safely exactly beating it >.<

The thing is, zong shouldnt be staying in on the aformentioned regardless of its ability, basically your sacrificing a perfectly good Bronzong and take like 90% from things that you have no priority in beating and you dont really get anything out of it (if you set something up and stop attacking you will lose). Sure you beat lead Azelf i guess but you can actually beat that with levitate too.

I mean its not as if you even get SR out of staying in on tran and ape, you just trade one for one and take like 90% at worse so that even Bullet Punch and like Quick Attack will finish you off lol, because if you stay in you lose and if you switch you let them get a free SR.

Heat proofs uses are really situtional and taking reduced fire attacks is a HUGE hint for the rest of the team to come in and EQ you.

When using it, you would be suprised at the ammount of people who don't figure it out, but yeah after I get fire attacked, if they switch I usually go to Zapdos to take the EQ. If you SUPER outpredict it works, but I find that both do have benefits. Levitate is definitely superior in non-lead Bronzong, but I prefer Heatproof for leads. In about 12 battles, I think i got Earthquaked once, which is actually pretty sad. And yeah, me leaving out the Blaze factor is pretty bad, but I've never really had trouble with it. But I do see your point, but I think I'm going to stick with Heatproof, its working for me right now.

Beloved

Fictionally Destructive
    Years
    Alright, so I was going through the new movesets for Platinum, and I realized that many unused Pokemon have more potential than in Diamond and Pearl. So I was wondering, could anyone make a moveset for Kricketune, preferably an attack and speed focused one?

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Alright, so I was going through the new movesets for Platinum, and I realized that many unused Pokemon have more potential than in Diamond and Pearl. So I was wondering, could anyone make a moveset for Kricketune, preferably an attack and speed focused one?

Don't use Kriketune. Ever.

Use a Jolly or Adamant nature and max attack and speed if you must... He can run a choice or Sword Dance set, but seriously, way too much stuff outclasses it =/

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Right so, I wasn't getting any love when I first posted, people just decided to ignore it. So here's shot number two. Let's see if I can get some actual help.

Request an Individual Moveset  / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Ninjask
    -Substitute
    -Aerial Ace
    -Swords Dance
    -Baton Pass
    Ability: Speed Boost
    Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Jolly (+Spd, -Satk)
    EV Spread: 252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Spd
    **Notes: Basically my lead and go getting. He's pretty much dedicated to getting speed and pass it off to Marowak. If I get a Swords Dance in, it's just curtains as Marowak will rape and clean house (unless he gets phazed out). I have had to switch him out in the beginning to Inferapes with Fake Out or Aerodactyls that could potentially wipe him out before he gets off a Sub.

Marowak
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Double-Edge
    -Fire Punch
    Ability: Rock Head
    Item: Thick Club
    Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -Satk)
    EV Spread: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    **Notes: Ah. The heart of this team. Many a times have I baton passed to Marowak with Ninjask and just cleaned house afterwards. Stone Edge definitely helps against the flying types and has allowed Maro to survive that much longer. I've had a lot of 6-0 matches with him.

Salamence
    -Dragon Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Outrage
    -Fire Blast
    Ability: Intimidate
    Item: Life Orb
    Nature: Naive (+Spd, -Sdef)
    EV Spread: 232 Atk / 24 Satk / 252 Spd
    **Notes: Basically the 'replacement' Garchomp. Standard Dragon Dance set and has helped me 'recover' lost matches late in the game.

Snorlax
    -Curse
    -Body Slam
    -Earthquake
    -Fire Punch
    Ability: Thick Fat
    Nature: Careful (+Sdef, -Satk)
    EV Spread: 168 HP / 120 Def / 220 Sdef
    **Notes: Standard Curselax, but he's been a great asset to this team. If I can get in one or two curses, he'll pretty much guarentee me at least 1KO. Also, I tend to switch him in on early threats, IE Pokemon that could potentially wipe Ninjask before he starts so I can bring him back in and get a pumped Marowak in.

Clefable
    -Encore
    -Seismic Toss
    -Softboiled
    -Thunder Wave
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spd)
    EV Spread: 252 HP / 152 Def / 100 Sdef
    **Notes: When I discovered this Clefable, I was skeptical. I've never like this Pokemon or it's other pink companion who shall remain nameless. They just both irked and annoyed me in the TV Series and it pretty much made me forget about them. But this Pokemon here is just a dream. I know I've pissed off many opponents and even made a few leave. Thunder Wave and Encore earlier, ot just TW and then Seismic Toss you dead, with a softboiled or two thrown in for healing.

Looking for a sixth Pokemon. Not sure what to include in the lineup. Any suggestions would be helpful, also, any other changes you may or not want to mention, feel free.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Right so, I wasn't getting any love when I first posted, people just decided to ignore it. So here's shot number two. Let's see if I can get some actual help.

Ninjask
    -Substitute
    -Aerial Ace
    -Swords Dance
    -Baton Pass
    Ability: Speed Boost
    Nature: Jolly (+Spd, -Satk)
    EV Spread: 252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Spd
    **Notes: Basically my lead and go getting. He's pretty much dedicated to getting speed and pass it off to Marowak. If I get a Swords Dance in, it's just curtains as Marowak will rape and clean house (unless he gets phazed out). I have had to switch him out in the beginning to Inferapes with Fake Out or Aerodactyls that could potentially wipe him out before he gets off a Sub.

Marowak
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Double-Edge
    -Fire Punch
    Ability: Rock Head
    Item: Thick Club
    Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -Satk)
    EV Spread: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    **Notes: Ah. The heart of this team. Many a times have I baton passed to Marowak with Ninjask and just cleaned house afterwards. Stone Edge definitely helps against the flying types and has allowed Maro to survive that much longer. I've had a lot of 6-0 matches with him.

Salamence
    -Dragon Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Outrage
    -Fire Blast
    Ability: Intimidate
    Item: Life Orb
    Nature: Naive (+Spd, -Sdef)
    EV Spread: 232 Atk / 24 Satk / 252 Spd
    **Notes: Basically the 'replacement' Garchomp. Standard Dragon Dance set and has helped me 'recover' lost matches late in the game.

Snorlax
    -Curse
    -Body Slam
    -Earthquake
    -Fire Punch
    Ability: Thick Fat
    Nature: Careful (+Sdef, -Satk)
    EV Spread: 168 HP / 120 Def / 220 Sdef
    **Notes: Standard Curselax, but he's been a great asset to this team. If I can get in one or two curses, he'll pretty much guarentee me at least 1KO. Also, I tend to switch him in on early threats, IE Pokemon that could potentially wipe Ninjask before he starts so I can bring him back in and get a pumped Marowak in.

Clefable
    -Encore
    -Seismic Toss
    -Softboiled
    -Thunder Wave
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spd)
    EV Spread: 252 HP / 152 Def / 100 Sdef
    **Notes: When I discovered this Clefable, I was skeptical. I've never like this Pokemon or it's other pink companion who shall remain nameless. They just both irked and annoyed me in the TV Series and it pretty much made me forget about them. But this Pokemon here is just a dream. I know I've pissed off many opponents and even made a few leave. Thunder Wave and Encore earlier, ot just TW and then Seismic Toss you dead, with a softboiled or two thrown in for healing.

Looking for a sixth Pokemon. Not sure what to include in the lineup. Any suggestions would be helpful, also, any other changes you may or not want to mention, feel free.

You definitely need some sort of anti-metagame pokemon or revenge killer to stop sweepers. Right now you have no answer to any dragon or sword dancer. Try a sturdy scarf user, Scarf Jirachi might work to help against Gyra, Scizor, Mence and T-Tar.

rilari82

King of Rock!
    Years
    For a Rapid Spinner Lead(OR NOT!) wich one is better?

Roller(DONPHAN)@Passho Berry/???????
    Careful
    252 HP/ 252 SpD/ 4 Atk
    Rapid Spin
    Quake/Roar
    Ice Shard
    Stealth Rock

or

MultiEyed(CLAYDOL)@???????
    Bold
    252 HP/ 144 Def/ 114 SpA
    Rapid Spin
    Stealth Rock
    Earth Power/ Rest
    Psychic/ Explosion

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    For a Rapid Spinner Lead(OR NOT!) wich one is better?

Roller(DONPHAN)@Passho Berry/???????
    Careful
    252 HP/ 252 SpD/ 4 Atk
    Rapid Spin
    Quake/Roar
    Ice Shard
    Stealth Rock

or

MultiEyed(CLAYDOL)@???????
    Bold
    252 HP/ 144 Def/ 114 SpA
    Rapid Spin
    Stealth Rock
    Earth Power/ Rest
    Psychic/ Explosion

Never lead with a spinner. Not all teams set up rocks on their first turn, and you risk losing it early.

You should only use a spinner if you have mulitple SR-weak pokes...Donphan is generally the better choice for OU battles.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    Ok, move this to the right place if this should not be here, please...
    Anyways, I was wondering how well a full team of Pokemon that can
    GIVE & TAKE mighty blows work (Like Latias, Metagross, Gyarados, Etc.)...
    The idea is to use the defense to be able to swicth around easier,
    making sweeps easier...If I need to use a scarfed Pokemon to revenge kill,
    I belive Scarfran is a excellent choice for this team,
    & maybe a scarfed Gyarados or Latias will work too...

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Ok, move this to the right place if this should not be here, please...
    Anyways, I was wondering how well a full team of Pokemon that can
    GIVE & TAKE mighty blows work (Like Latias, Metagross, Gyarados, Etc.)...
    The idea is to use the defense to be able to swicth around easier,
    making sweeps easier...If I need to use a scarfed Pokemon to revenge kill,
    I belive Scarfran is a excellent choice for this team,
    & maybe a scarfed Gyarados or Latias will work too...

There are literally endless combinations of offensive teams that work around resistances to open up sweeps. We'd basically be building a team for you...So you should have at least some idea about who you'd like to use before we start suggesting random pokes. =/

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    What poke is the best Rapid Spinner???

and

What is the best LEAD: Azelf or Jirachi????????

In ou for spinning i reccomend Forretress, Starmie, Foresight Hitmontop (lets you spin on ghosts) or Tentacruel. Donphan kinda sucks in all honestly. =/

However dont use a spinner on an offensive team period. They suck and are set up fodder. You really should only consider a Rapid Spinner on a heavy stall team or if you have 2 and above SR weaks.

Azelf and Jirachi are totally different types of lead so its really up to what fits your team/s

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    But, what do u PERSONNALY think is the best?

D_A was trying to say that Azelf and Jirachi play differently as leads. Neither one is better than the other persay....It's really dependent on your team and what it needs.

Years
    I'm really sorry if this is the wrong place for this but what is the best nature for a charmander/charmeleon/charizard?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back