• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    There are literally endless combinations of offensive teams that work around resistances to open up sweeps. We'd basically be building a team for you...So you should have at least some idea about who you'd like to use before we start suggesting random pokes. =/
    I was just wondering if the idea is good...
    I'm thinking of having Latias....
    she seems to be the fastest of the kind of pokemon that I want....
    I'll look around smogon & post again when I have a better idea of what I want...
    ....Is my idea a good one?

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    (This was accedentialy posted in another thread. May have been a problem with the site. Maybe.)

I need some advise for Battle Tower. My main Sweeper is Dragonite and I need a pokemon that can cover his weakness: Water Pokemon. All water Pokemon have Ice Beam, so I want a pokemon that can resist water/ice attacks.

My first thought was Lanturn. He is not very powerfull, but a Dance-Thunder moveset might get the job done.

I didn't know what spead to give it, but this is the one I'm planning now:

Lanturn @ Quick Claw
    Modest (252 SA) (252 HP) (4 Def)
    Rain Dance
    Thunder
    Surf/ Hydo Pump
    Ice Beam

First, I don't know if this is the best ev spread for Lanturn. Second, I don't know If lanturn is good enough for Battle Tower. Thrid I wan't to know of any other pokemon that would cover Dragonite's weaknesses and be powerful on its own.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I'm really sorry if this is the wrong place for this but what is the best nature for a charmander/charmeleon/charizard?

You're in the right place =]

Depends on the set really...Physically oriented sets usually want Adamant or Jolly, while specially oriented ones want Modest or Timid.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    Why not Starmie? It covers the ice weakness, destroys other waters, usually with some ease thanks to Thunderbolt or even Grass Knot if you choose, and it utterly destroys the battle tower. Run Timid with Surf/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Psychic or Recover.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    (This was accedentialy posted in another thread. May have been a problem with the site. Maybe.)

I need some advise for Battle Tower. My main Sweeper is Dragonite and I need a pokemon that can cover his weakness: Water Pokemon. All water Pokemon have Ice Beam, so I want a pokemon that can resist water/ice attacks.

My first thought was Lanturn. He is not very powerfull, but a Dance-Thunder moveset might get the job done.

I didn't know what spead to give it, but this is the one I'm planning now:

Lanturn @ Quick Claw
    Modest (252 SA) (252 HP) (4 Def)
    Rain Dance
    Thunder
    Surf/ Hydo Pump
    Ice Beam

First, I don't know if this is the best ev spread for Lanturn. Second, I don't know If lanturn is good enough for Battle Tower. Thrid I wan't to know of any other pokemon that would cover Dragonite's weaknesses and be powerful on its own.

No i moved it to the right thread, but pc lagged and wouldnt let me post to tell you that i moved it. This thread is no longer for battle tower oriented things, so use the aformentioned thread in future, thanks.

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    I need a Machamp Move set
    This is what I have so far

Machamp
    Adamant
    Ev's: 252 Attack, 126 defence, 126 hp
    Moves
    Revenge
    Thunder Punch
    ???
    ???
    As you can see I havnt completed this and need some help

Last edited:
    Years
    You're in the right place =]

Depends on the set really...Physically oriented sets usually want Adamant or Jolly, while specially oriented ones want Modest or Timid.

O h right. I thought there was a specific one. Okay thank you =)

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    I need a Machamp Move set
    This is what I have so far

Machamp
    Adamant
    Ev's: 252 Attack, 126 defence, 126 hp
    Moves
    Revenge
    Thunder Punch
    ???
    ???
    As you can see I havnt completed this and need some help

First off, lol Revenge. Never, just never :P And for just a list of movesets, you can go here for all of its usefull movesents. It is really dependent on what your team really needs.

Years
    Remember, if you want to try a mixed Charizard, you don't want to use a Nature that inhibits the other attacking stat.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I quoted this from someone on another forum

Actually... Wondertomb, as many people refer to it, is actually pretty easy to kill, with something like a charizard. This is because of the Game's coding system. Seeing as there is only one pokemon in the series that has wonder guard - Shedinja - that's the part of the code that the game recognises.

Put simply, if you have a wondertomb - unless you're the shizzle when it come to hacking - then the game will recognise it as a Shedinja, not a Spiritomb - due to the fact that Shedinja is the only pokemon with the wonder guard 'code' - and as we all know, bugs are weak to fire, flying e.t.c., plus it's also part ghost type, so it's weak to ghost as well!

Is that true?

Years
    No, but it's a well founded argument. Wonder Guard in D/P(/Pt?) has a slight programming bug that allows Fire Fang, a move Charizard can learn, to hit any Pokemon with Wonder Guard. This "glitch" applies only to Fire Fang. All other moves have to be Super Effective to hit a Pokemon with Wonder Guard (or typeless, i.e. Struggle, Future Sight, Beat Up).

Years
    Ok, a while ago, i erased my Diamond file and started again. I'm now ready to begin preparations for competitive battles. I recently hatched a Nidoran(M), and wish to EV train it in Attack and Defence. I've bought 10 of Protein and Iron (or whichever increases Atk and Def EVs). My question is- where do i go from here? Do I use the items now, then use Rare Candies/Day Care to get it to level 100? What do i have to do now to fill the remaining EVs, then get it to level 100?

Years
    You use the items now for a free 100 EVs in the stats. Then, you battle Pokemon that give attack/defense EVs such as Machop (1 Atk EV each) or Geodude (1 Def EV each) until you reached the desired amount of EVs for each stat (which is usually 252).

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Ok, a while ago, i erased my Diamond file and started again. I'm now ready to begin preparations for competitive battles. I recently hatched a Nidoran(M), and wish to EV train it in Attack and Defence. I've bought 10 of Protein and Iron (or whichever increases Atk and Def EVs). My question is- where do i go from here? Do I use the items now, then use Rare Candies/Day Care to get it to level 100? What do i have to do now to fill the remaining EVs, then get it to level 100?

Eh, just attack and defense is a bad spread for Nidoking. Look here for some better options.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Why is the Shoddy Lounge deleted?

Mainly it wasnt really a success. Basically, no one completed tourney battles and Anti was at his wits end with it lol. That and it really wasnt active...at all. >.<

So yeah from now if a tourney or anything shoddy related is being held it will probably be a sticky or just on the main forum.

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    I'm working on a movepool for my shiny Teddiursa, and I'd like to know if this would be effective.

I delete all of her moves (but one, obviously) and MT Last Resort. Then, I give her a Toxic Orb to activate Guts on turn 2. Are there holes with this other than the fact that walling it is fairly easy?

EDIT: How about Choice Band?

Last edited:

MZAMKR

I'll trade anything.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2019
    platinum help

should i have an absol or alakazam in my party.

also, is this a good moveset for octillery
    surf
    flamethrower
    ice beam
    charge beam

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2015
    I'm working on a movepool for my shiny Teddiursa, and I'd like to know if this would be effective.

I delete all of her moves (but one, obviously) and MT Last Resort. Then, I give her a Toxic Orb to activate Guts on turn 2. Are there holes with this other than the fact that walling it is fairly easy?

EDIT: How about Choice Band?
    I'm assuming you meant "moveset."

First of all, you can't use last resort unless you have at least one other move in the set which you must use first. That's why the smogon last resort ambipom set has fake out in the first moveslot.

But unfortunately the whole thing is really moot, because teddiursa and ursaring both can't learn last resort. =p

In general, the problem with that setup, while powerful, is that if you encounter a ghost (or even a rock or steel) you're forced to switch out and give the opponent a free turn, and after one hit from last resort you can be sure you're going to get one.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    I wonder which of these lead I should use...
    Leading Metagross
    Anti-lead Jirachi
    Mixpert (I think this Swampert is used as a lead...)
    This is for a team that can TAKE & GIVE pain.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back