• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    hey guys its me leecher this is my team so far:

Dusknoir (if shadow punch must be holding EQ)
    relaxed 252 hp, 252 def, 4 SpD @ ivs, 25+ atk 25+ hp +25 def 20- speed (preferably 10-)
    pressure
    ~trick room
    ~wil-o-wisp
    ~pain split
    ~EQ/shadow punch

Lucario
    Adamant ONLY 252 attk, 4 def, 252 sped ivs 31 attack 31 sped 31 def
    inner focus
    ~swords dance
    ~ Close Combat
    ~ ExtremeSpeed
    ~ Stone Edge / Ice Punch / Crunch
    As you See...im looking for a 3rd pokemon to my team i need a slow but very powerful sweeper to go with my trickroom team so far with the exeption of lucario who is my lead

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2017
    Koopa-hi everyone. I need a little hand on one Pokemon. No, not your real hand. I was thinking alot about the Pokemon called Lanturn. The Lanturn has pretty good stats and an absorbing ability. But I was thinking of another unpopular moveset for the Pokemon. Like uh...this for example.

Nature: Quiet
    EV's: 252 HP/252 SpA
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    Held Item: Zoom Lens
    Hydro Pump
    Blizzard/Ice Beam/Icy Wind
    Thunder
    Toxic

Do you think this is a good moveset for the Lanturn for my Double Battle team? I do have a Vaporeon but I don't think it could come in handy much. Zoom Lens is a useful item if Lanturn is a slow Pokemon. Because it raises the accrucay by 20%, meaning that Hydro Pump will never miss. Toxic is another move to break walls like Shedinja. If I don't have it then I can't beat it. So, do you think this Lanturn would go all the way, or not? My Double Battle Team is a Rain Dance Team by the way. If it is, I'm going to nickname it, "Happy Fish".

Years
    Hi, i've been constructing a competitive team and would like some input on my team and some ideas on some changes. Please no replies that say "this team sucks i could creme it" i just need some help refining it. (im in the process of changing natures)

Aerodactyl @kings rock
    255 Atk: 255 Spd
    -naughty
    dragon claw
    stealth rock
    rock slide
    earthquake

Gyarados @focus sash
    -relaxed
    dragon dance
    ice fang
    earthquake
    waterfall

Tauros @choice band
    -relaxed
    earthquake
    stone edge
    zen headbutt
    body slam

Zapdos @life orb
    255 Sp Atk: 255 Spd
    -mild
    thunderbolt
    roost
    heat wave
    ancient power

Umbreon @leftovers
    255 Hp: 255 Def
    -relaxed
    psychic
    dark pulse
    confuse ray
    toxic

Gallade @choice scarf
    -jolly
    stone edge
    night slash
    psycho cut
    close combat

HamsterPants

Worm Trainer
    Years
    Koopa-hi everyone. I need a little hand on one Pokemon. No, not your real hand. I was thinking alot about the Pokemon called Lanturn. The Lanturn has pretty good stats and an absorbing ability. But I was thinking of another unpopular moveset for the Pokemon. Like uh...this for example.

Nature: Quiet
    EV's: 252 HP/252 SpA
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    Held Item: Zoom Lens
    Hydro Pump
    Blizzard/Ice Beam/Icy Wind
    Thunder
    Toxic

Do you think this is a good moveset for the Lanturn for my Double Battle team? I do have a Vaporeon but I don't think it could come in handy much. Zoom Lens is a useful item if Lanturn is a slow Pokemon. Because it raises the accrucay by 20%, meaning that Hydro Pump will never miss. Toxic is another move to break walls like Shedinja. If I don't have it then I can't beat it. So, do you think this Lanturn would go all the way, or not? My Double Battle Team is a Rain Dance Team by the way. If it is, I'm going to nickname it, "Happy Fish".

The Lanturn looks fine, you just need a pokemon that pairs up good with it, for example, I think that one of the best pokemon that you could pair with Lanturn would be Ludicolo, if the Ludicolo knows Rain Dance then that's a huge bonus for your Thunder attack, and your Hydro Pump.

Ludicolo can also learn Grass moves which would help a little bit against ground types, i think that it would be the greatest help against water/ground types like Marshtomp, Quagsire, and Wiscash which would pose a huge threat against your lantern if they posess ground type moves.

You should take Toxic out of Lanturn's move set and teach it to Ludicolo, and teach your Lanturn Thunder Wave instead.

In total, your Ludicolo's move set should look something like this:
    Rain Dance
    Giga Drain
    Toxic
    Leech Seed
    Ability: Rain Dish
    Nature: Bold
    Item: Leftovers
    EVs: Max HP, and remaining in defense and special defense.

The Ludicolo will be acting mostly as a health-sapping wall, your Lanturn will be making most of the finishing blows.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2017
    Wow, thanks for the tip. But the problem is I do have a Ludicolo, but it's a sweeper and not a staller...It knows Hydro Pump Ice Beam and Grass Knot. But it has Protect for, well, my Electrode's Explosion. Because Electrode is a very good choice if you want a Rain Dance lead. So yeah. Even though my Ludicolo's not a staller, it can still be a hand-to-hand partner with Lanturn. Thanks anyway!

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Okay so i have a Quirky Rotom i want to EV.
    What i want to ask is what EV's should it have as well as move set?
    And what form??
    My Current team
    Porygon Z - 371/205/237/374/225/260 Adaptability
    Porygon Z - 311/176/176/405/187/279 Download
    Shuckle - 169/53/561/22/509/26
    Dragonite - 323/367/209/193/226/283
    2 porygon's for multiple attacks & stats.

PM me please

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Okay so i have a Quirky Rotom i want to EV.
    What i want to ask is what EV's should it have as well as move set?
    And what form??
    My Current team
    Porygon Z - 371/205/237/374/225/260 Adaptability
    Porygon Z - 311/176/176/405/187/279 Download
    Shuckle - 169/53/561/22/509/26
    Dragonite - 323/367/209/193/226/283
    2 porygon's for multiple attacks & stats.

PM me please

You auto lose because of the species clause.

That and quirky is a horrible nature and you are gonna have to use more than multiple p2 and pz's to cover your metagame weaks. :/

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I need a new moveset for my Gengar, originally used this set

Gengar@ Choice Specs
    Nature: Timid
    4 HP/252Sp.Att/252Spd

~Trick
    ~Shadow Ball
    ~Focus Blast
    ~Dark Pulse

But then somehow, Gengar's Choice Specs somehow disappeared so now I guess this set is useless

Could someone give me another?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I need a new moveset for my Gengar, originally used this set

Gengar@ Choice Specs
    Nature: Timid
    4 HP/252Sp.Att/252Spd

~Trick
    ~Shadow Ball
    ~Focus Blast
    ~Dark Pulse

But then somehow, Gengar's Choice Specs somehow disappeared so now I guess this set is useless

Could someone give me another?

Spoiler:

Anyways, Put will-o-wisp >> trick. To cripple things like Scizor, and other common switch ins and so scizor cant bp or pursuit you.

And Hidden Power Fire >> Dark Pulse. Dark Pulse sucks, has the same coverage as ghost. HP Fire to hit Scizor, Meta, Jirachi, Zong etc.

Use a Life Orb.

ConnoRAWR

Twitter Username; ConnoRAWR :D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    Hi, i need a pokemon to replace my torterra, any type, i dont mind. But it needs at least one decent grass type move.
    thanks
    I need the whole moveset and nature etc. tah

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Spoiler:

Anyways, Put will-o-wisp >> trick. To cripple things like Scizor, and other common switch ins and so scizor cant bp or pursuit you.

And Hidden Power Fire >> Dark Pulse. Dark Pulse sucks, has the same coverage as ghost. HP Fire to hit Scizor, Meta, Jirachi, Zong etc.

Use a Life Orb.

1. FYI, I barely used Trick except when I was battling the Sinnoh League and in the Battle Frontier and when trying to catch Azelf,Uxie, and Mesprit. Every time I used Trick in-game it always came back afterwards, so quit with being a smart*** >>

2. I had Will-O-Wisp before, I guess I can just get it again, it will still be the Special Sweeper

3. I just tried HP Fire and (like I said numerous times before), I-Doesn't- Work-For-Me

4. What about Item?

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    1. FYI, I barely used Trick except when I was battling the Sinnoh League and in the Battle Frontier and when trying to catch Azelf,Uxie, and Mesprit. Every time I used Trick in-game it always came back afterwards, so quit with being a smart*** >>

lol k ;)

2. I had Will-O-Wisp before, I guess I can just get it again, it will still be the Special Sweeper

Re-breed or get a TM for it? That or use Hypnosis.

3. I just tried HP Fire and (like I said numerous times before), I-Doesn't- Work-For-Me

Wut ? Care to explain ?

4. What about Item?

Life Orb like i said in my previous post.

HamsterPants

Worm Trainer
    Years
    Wow, thanks for the tip. But the problem is I do have a Ludicolo, but it's a sweeper and not a staller...It knows Hydro Pump Ice Beam and Grass Knot. But it has Protect for, well, my Electrode's Explosion. Because Electrode is a very good choice if you want a Rain Dance lead. So yeah. Even though my Ludicolo's not a staller, it can still be a hand-to-hand partner with Lanturn. Thanks anyway!
    Your best bet would be training a new Ludicolo, if you wanted the best results that is, but it's not a requirement, in the meantime go ahead and use what you have.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    Life Orb like i said in my previous post.

relaxed 252 hp, 252 def, 4 SpD @ ivs, 25+ atk 25+ hp +25 def 20- speed (preferably 10-)
    pressure
    ~trick room
    ~wil-o-wisp
    ~pain split
    ~EQ/shadow punch

Lucario
    inner focus
    ~swords dance
    ~ Close Combat
    ~ ExtremeSpeed
    As you See...im looking for a 3rd pokemon to my team i need a slow but very powerful sweeper to go with my trickroom team so far with the exeption of lucario who is my lead

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2009

pressure
    ~trick room
    ~wil-o-wisp
    ~pain split
    ~EQ/shadow punch

Lucario
    inner focus
    ~swords dance
    ~ Close Combat
    ~ ExtremeSpeed
    Try Marowak. He's slow enough to work in a Trick Room team and has a very high attack stat which could be boosted even further by Swords dance.Just be sure to give him his item, Thick Club.

If you dont like him, there are other pokemon that can work in trick room like Tyranitar, Guts + Facade Ursaring or Rhyperior.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Hi, i need a pokemon to replace my torterra, any type, i dont mind. But it needs at least one decent grass type move.
    thanks
    I need the whole moveset and nature etc. tah

What are you looking for? Special Sweeper? Physical?

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2015
    Okay, I've got this lineup right now for my UU team:

Steelix - basic set (e/q and g-ball), with roar and SR
    ???
    CM Mismagius
    CBDrapion
    ???
    Sub-Petaya Yanmega (on clean-up duty)

Right now, in the first ??? I'm using Sub-Punch Poliwrath, and the second one I'm using NP Ninetales, but Ninetales is really only there so I have six pokemon. I don't know who else to use.

Poliwrath has been working well, but I can't help thinking there's a better way to resist fire and water without the psychic and flying weakness. If I get rid of him though, for say Milotic, I have no fighting move in my entire team (Magius uses tbolt instead of hp fighting so she outspeeds other Magiuses who do use hp fighting).

Ninetales has really been just dead weight.

Any suggestions to fill the ???'s would be helpful and greatly appreciated! I'm thinking either slowbro/king or milotic for the first one, and maybe a fighting type like primeape in the second one. Also what exactly are the noteable differences between slowbro and slowking, besides the differences in defense stats?

EDIT: Actually I tried out techtop in the second ??? and it seems to be working really well with the priority. Think it would be good in the long run?

Last edited:
    Years
    Hello, I'm going to train a Slowing eventually, and I have a moveset almost planned out: @leftovers, Psychic,Surf,Calm Mind, but then I'm stuck between Slack off and Ice Beam. Slack off provides recovery but Ice beam provides type coverage, which is better?

Edit: Never mind I finally decided that I'm going with Slack Off.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back