• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Recently smogon placed shaymin, honchkrow and crobat into a tier called Limbo, which bans them from being used in UU. Does anybody know what the point of this tier is when it achieves the same thing as the BL tier, which still exists?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Recently smogon placed shaymin, honchkrow and crobat into a tier called Limbo, which bans them from being used in UU. Does anybody know what the point of this tier is when it achieves the same thing as the BL tier, which still exists?

BL really means that they have been suspect and have ended up being BL. Limbo means they aren't in any set category. They can now either go BL or UU, depending on testing of course.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    Hi peeps. Im using a timid froslass and im not sure what moves to give it. All moves in BOLD are definately on the set

Destiny Bond
    thunder bolt
    shadow ball
    ice beam

or

Destiny bond
    hail
    blizzard
    thunder bolt/shadow ball (which one should i choose)

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2015
    Hi peeps. Im using a timid froslass and im not sure what moves to give it. All moves in BOLD are definately on the set

Destiny Bond
    thunder bolt
    shadow ball
    ice beam

or

Destiny bond
    hail
    blizzard
    thunder bolt/shadow ball (which one should i choose)
    Are you using this in a hail team? Or just on its own? A lead maybe?

At any rate, you don't want to have the move hail; it wastes a turn for only temporary hail. If you need hail set up you should use abomasnow and his snow warning ability.

Years
    Nope, abamasnow and snover only have that ability
    snow cloak: Froslass and Glaceon (increases evasivness)
    ice body: Glalie and Walrein (restores hp every turn hail is active)

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I need a good moveset for my Staryu and Lapras, because I am wanting to replace one of them for my Empoleon in my Platinum team

Lapras@ Leftovers
    Nature : Modest
    EV : 192 HP / 112 Def / 160 SpA / 44 SpD
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Thunderbolt / Thunder
    ~ Surf
    ~ Toxic / Sing

Since it'll be a Starmie eventually I'll give you a Starmie moveset ;)

Starmie@ Life Orb
    Nature : Timid
    EV : 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    ~ Hydro Pump / Surf
    ~ Thunderbolt / Grass Knot
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Recover

Hope I helped.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Yes it did loads...thankyou. And I am breeding snorunts at the moment and want a good moveset for Glalie and Frosslas
    Well...here are some more :D

Lead Froslass
    Froslass@ Focus Sash
    EV : 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Nature : Timid
    ~ Spikes
    ~ Taunt
    ~ Destiny Bond
    ~ Ice Beam / Shadow Ball

Glalie sucks but whatever lol

Glalie@ Focus Sash
    EV : 252 SP.Att / 6 Att / 252 Spe
    Nature : Lonely / Hasty
    ~ Spikes
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Explosion

This is really the only set usable, you can try Specs or CB but they are really terrible ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    Wouldn't a Glalie do better with choice scarf, and another damage dealing move, after all, he isn't that fast even with a speed boosting nature
    or a defensive pokemon with ice body and hail active?

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    I was considering passing a few Agility boosts to Cradily, but...would it make any worthwhile difference in the UU environment?

EDIT: Is Stone Edge always a better alternative to Spark on Whiscash for Mantine/Gyarados/Pelipper?

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I was considering passing a few Agility boosts to Cradily, but...would it make any worthwhile difference in the UU environment?

EDIT: Is Stone Edge always a better alternative to Spark on Whiscash for Mantine/Gyarados/Pelipper?

Cradily it's going to do much with agility boosts....After one, it's still really slow. It shouldn't be the target of your agility passer.

Stone Edge is usually the better choice to cover most flying types, while Earthquake will hit bulky waters decent enough.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Wouldn't a Glalie do better with choice scarf, and another damage dealing move, after all, he isn't that fast even with a speed boosting nature
    or a defensive pokemon with ice body and hail active?

His offenses and speed are very poor, so a choice scarf set is rather useless, especially when so many things outclass it.

Years
    His offenses and speed are very poor, so a choice scarf set is rather useless, especially when so many things outclass it.

true, but would you agree that a choice scarf would be better than a focus sash, cause after the sash is used up, there is practically nothing he can do except get KO'd or use explosion, same as a scarf glalie

teledadman1

advansed trainer
    Years
    hey i was wondering if some one could help me
    me and my mates have been rasing this smeagle and as u should no, smeagle can lean ANY move thanks to skench. so i was was woundering wat type of team should it be in

smeagle lv 1
    focus sash

fake out (for sashers)
    endever (this plus extreme speed = KO anything exepte gosts)
    extreme speed (menstioned above)
    dark void (or say, dark void a darkrai only)

if u r wondering how i got darkvoid it was realy simple
    one of my mates is lucky enofe to have a movie darkrai from japan, we went to battle. he used dark void and i used sketch but i went to sleep, so we kept repeating the proses until i woke up and leant dark void, of couse i could have leaned spore but dark void is better

not only have me and my mates got this orsum pok, he is shine as well with the ablity Own tempo so he want get confused so ya

we r testing him in a trick room team but am not sure if there is a better team we could put him in any ideas to wat team to but him in

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back