• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charmanderr

The Real Charmander
    Years
    hey guys, i always find myself getting owned by dragon types =(, so i need to know a good NON-UBER pokemon thats fast enough and strong enough to knock out many of the games best dragon types, kaythx =D =)

Most dragons are drg/fly you can try a jolly Inferape with stone edge.

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    A quick question -- if you're using a Choice item and you run out of PP for that respective move, what happens? Does it allow you to switch to another move or do you just Struggle until you die? I know this is rather unlikely to happen but now I'm curious n.n;

Years
    Most dragons are drg/fly you can try a jolly Inferape with stone edge.

Latias, Kingdra, Flygon... That's 3/5 OU Dragon types (with the other 2 being Salamance and Dragonite). So...

A quick question -- if you're using a Choice item and you run out of PP for that respective move, what happens? Does it allow you to switch to another move or do you just Struggle until you die? I know this is rather unlikely to happen but now I'm curious n.n;

You struggle until you switch out. If you do switch out, when it comes back in, you can use a different move.

Gingbino11

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2009
    hey guys, i always find myself getting owned by dragon types =(, so i need to know a good NON-UBER pokemon thats fast enough and strong enough to knock out many of the games best dragon types, kaythx =D =)

One of the best checks is simply a steel type pokemon.

Also Weavile/Mamoswine can act as CHECKS with STAB Ice Shard.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Hi I have a question on Smogon it's recommending I give my Manaphy 308 Speed EVs... but I was under the impression that you can only go as high as 255 EVs per stat. So how does that work?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi I have a question on Smogon it's recommending I give my Manaphy 308 Speed EVs... but I was under the impression that you can only go as high as 255 EVs per stat. So how does that work?

308 is the actual speed stat, not the evs invested into it. 176 speed evs + timid nature = 308 speed on Manaphy.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    For a lead Espeon would it be better to set up Yawn or Future Sight?

Both suck tbh.

Espeon@light clay
    224 HP / 92 Sp.D / 192 Speed
    Timid Nature
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen
    - Psychic
    - Wish / Baton Pass

Is prolly best for a lead Espeon so you actually do something productive.

Bakuzen

Spiky Haired Sexual Deviant
    Years
    Is there an easier way to get the natures I want in a Pokemon?
    In Pokemon Platinum, I've caught like 32 Larvitar, and not one of them is Adamant or Jolly!

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Is there an easier way to get the natures I want in a Pokemon?
    In Pokemon Platinum, I've caught like 32 Larvitar, and not one of them is Adamant or Jolly!

Breeding is the easiest way to get the nature you want. Have the female pokemon with the nature you desire hold an Everstone and the baby will have a 50% chance of having its nature. Saves a lot of time \o/

Bakuzen

Years
    Breeding is the easiest way to get the nature you want. Have the female pokemon with the nature you desire hold an Everstone and the baby will have a 50% chance of having its nature. Saves a lot of time \o/

but I want the result to be a larvitar. I don't have a larvitar with any desired nature to begin with T_T
    So do I just keep capturing?

Years
    Actually, if you use have a Pokemon with Synchronize ability first in the party, there will be a 50% chance that wild Pokemon will have the same nature as the one with Synchronize. So, you could use an Adamant/Jolly Pokemon with Synchronize to make it easier.

Also, having a Ditto holding the everstone while breeding helps too, so if you have an Adamant/Jolly Ditto...

Bakuzen

Years
    Actually, if you use have a Pokemon with Synchronize ability first in the party, there will be a 50% chance that wild Pokemon will have the same nature as the one with Synchronize. So, you could use an Adamant/Jolly Pokemon with Synchronize to make it easier.

Also, having a Ditto holding the everstone while breeding helps too, so if you have an Adamant/Jolly Ditto...

hmmm... opens up quite a few options, thank you

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
    I know this isn't a common question, but I was wondering what Beam attacks are best for my Octillery?

If you didn't know, Octillery learns all attacks with Beam in their name excluding Solarbeam, by leveling up.

Imagine my Octillery knows Surf and Ice Beam, out of the remaining beams, which should be kept? These are: Signal Beam, Aurora Beam, Psybeam, Hyper Beam and Bubblebeam.

And on another note, what is the best moveset for Octillery? This is a seperate question, and what I mentioned in my previous question doesn't apply.

lol XD

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    I know this isn't a common question, but I was wondering what Beam attacks are best for my Octillery?

If you didn't know, Octillery learns all attacks with Beam in their name excluding Solarbeam, by leveling up.

Imagine my Octillery knows Surf and Ice Beam, out of the remaining beams, which should be kept? These are: Signal Beam, Aurora Beam, Psybeam, Hyper Beam and Bubblebeam.

And on another note, what is the best moveset for Octillery? This is a seperate question, and what I mentioned in my previous question doesn't apply.

lol XD

Surf and Ice Beam are really the only good options for Octillery.

Use this to find an Octillery moveset: https://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/octillery

On a different note: What's not-Pursuit weak, not Tentacruel, and can check an Infernape?

Beloved

Fictionally Destructive
    Years

Quagsire. It can learn Ice Punch through a tutor, and that will handle any Drgn/Flying or Drgn/Grnd types. Hits for average damage against Kingdra, and 2x damage against Giratina. Or try an Ice Fang Gliscor.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back