• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
    Surf and Ice Beam are really the only good options for Octillery.

Use this to find an Octillery moveset: https://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/octillery

On a different note: What's not-Pursuit weak, not Tentacruel, and can check an Infernape?

Hey, man thanks!! That page helped a lot!! x)

As for your question"

What about Poliwrath? It being a Water type basically makes it resistant to Infernapes Fire Attacks and if somebody tries to do a Pursuit on to you, you have its fighting type said to at least halve that.

Sharpedo is also another one that could be resistant to pursuit and Check an Infernape IF it's fast enough, but it's Dark type side could get owned by a faster Infernape's Fighting attacks. Same goes for Crawdaunt.

Imo, Poliwrath is your best bet.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I need a good supporter pokemon. Any will do. If anyone could help that'll be great.

You need to be more specific, there are many different support pokemon options to choose from, so trying to suggest one randomly would be kind of a waste of time.

What kind of support do you want? Wish? Status? Screener? It's up to you =P

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    hey i just got platinum and im already on the pkmn league.i just realized what a good physical wall tangrowth is and i need a good set, also can you give me a moveset for ingame please (optional) hes also got good offensive stats aswell

Request an Individual Moveset  / Incomplete Team Help Thread

diagram of tangrowth the physical wall

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I've been thinking of making a Sunny Day team for a while and using Bellossom as a lead (better defense than vileplume).

What would be a good moveset?

Jumpluff usually does the job better with a wider support movepool that is useful for leading, and Jumpluff also has the Speed to not get Taunted so easily. Jumpluff's support options and Speed are sometimes better compared to Bellossom's defenses when leading. I could be underestimating Bellossom, but I just think Jumpluff would do better in my opinion.

Jumpluff @ Heat Rock
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    Nature: Jolly (+ Spe / - SpA)
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Sleep Powder
    - Sunny Day
    - U-turn
    - Encore

Bellossom can be used a status supporter in your team, like provide paralyze support to help Pokémon like Victreebel set-up if Sunny Day finishes working.

kyo tohma

Just wondering, what are the most effective Azelf counters?? Because hell, i got swept by about 5 yesterday.

They tended to be packing flamethrower/thunderbolt and 2 moves that i can't remember, if that helps.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Just wondering, what are the most effective Azelf counters?? Because hell, i got swept by about 5 yesterday.

They tended to be packing flamethrower/thunderbolt and 2 moves that i can't remember, if that helps.

Blissey for the most part, but seeing as most run Explosion, you'll have to watch out for that. If it's low on health, the user will probably expect the switch and explode.

kyo tohma

ok.thanks. any others???Because as far as i can see, i fail at using blissey

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2024
    Heatran would usually be a good one unless Azelf has HP Ground, which is pretty uncommon. Resists its STAB, immune to Fire Blast, and Explosion doesn't hurt it too much.

kyo tohma

ok.kwl.coz i thought Scizor would do, but then they used flamethrower....

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    EV training question:

I just got uber lucky and caught the Pokerus and have been spreading it around and stored it on an extra Pokemon in the PC for future use.
    I have a few questions
    1) Does Pokerus double to amount of EV's earned from Vitamins (HP Up, Protein, Carbos, etc.)?
    2) When a Pokemon evolves does this reset or alter the EVs I put into it?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    EV training question:

I just got uber lucky and caught the Pokerus and have been spreading it around and stored it on an extra Pokemon in the PC for future use.
    I have a few questions
    1) Does Pokerus double to amount of EV's earned from Vitamins (HP Up, Protein, Carbos, etc.)?
    2) When a Pokemon evolves does this reset or alter the EVs I put into it?
    No to both. Evolving does not reset Pokerus or EVs, Pokerus just fades over time (I think by walking, or using the game clock (e.g. Poketch time)).

mewunlimited

is yet to be discovered
    Years
    for a while, I`ve been struggling with a lead pokemon with SD. I used to run claydol, but it wasn`t working. So now i use bastiodon, but....
    Bastiodon@ life orb
    Sturdy
    -Avalanche
    -Stone Edge
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake

What are the best Ev`s and natures to go with this? And if this is not the best set for a leading Bastiodon, any suggestions?

Last edited:

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    for a while, I`ve been struggling with a lead pokemon with SD. I used to run claydol, but it wasn`t working. So now i use bastiodon, but....
    Bastiodon@ life orb
    Sturdy
    -Avalanche
    -Stone Edge
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earth Power

What are the best Ev`s and natures to go with this? And if this is not the best set for a leading Bastiodon, any suggestions?

you dont want Earth power when you can have earth quake, i will leave this to some one else

may i ask, if im training my alakasm and i defeat 252 gastlys and 252 zubats and 4 shellos (evs maxedout) and it isnt at the desired lvl (100) when i finish ev training can i then start training it on other pokemon like the elite 4 or do i have to train it on the pokemon that give the desired evs (gastly,zubat and shellos) , please help i know its a bit of topic but you guys are so experienced so please help

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back