• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakuzen

Spiky Haired Sexual Deviant
    Years
    if my jolteon has 10 EV's and I try to give him 10 carbos vitamins, will he have 110 ev's? or can I only give him 9 carbos vitamins?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    if my jolteon has 10 EV's and I try to give him 10 carbos vitamins, will he have 110 ev's? or can I only give him 9 carbos vitamins?

Only 9. You can only use vitamins to get up to 100 EVs anything beyond that must be EV trained through battling.

Bakuzen

Years
    Only 9. You can only use vitamins to get up to 100 EVs anything beyond that must be EV trained through battling.

oh okay. thanks.

Another Question though.
    Let's say I just battled a Fearow with my first pokemon. Will a pokemon holding Exp. Share earn the same amount of Ev's (2) as the Pokemon who actually battled? Or are the EV's divided?

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    They will earn the same amount.
    For example.
    Starly kills a Gastly (1 SpAtk EV)
    Another Starly in your party is holding the Exp. Share. it will also gain 1 SpAtk EV.

Bakuzen

Years
    I've been trying to keep count of my Jolteon's speed EV's, but I think I miss counted.
    Is there a way of calculating his exact EV's?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I've been trying to keep count of my Jolteon's speed EV's, but I think I miss counted.
    Is there a way of calculating his exact EV's?
    just about to ask the same thing lol

Well alot of people use a Spreadsheet, but I messed up on it so yea

Is there a way of keeping track of Evs?

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    I use the counting app.
    As for checking after..
    Not sure, check Psypokes I guess?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    There is no way to verify an exact EV spread with 100% certainty after the fact, outside of using the EV-reducing berries to count backwards. Of course, this method is still flawed due to the fact that a single berry will automatically reduce the EVs in a stat to 100, regardless of how many over 100 are actually present.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    There is no way to verify an exact EV spread with 100% certainty after the fact, outside of using the EV-reducing berries to count backwards. Of course, this method is still flawed due to the fact that a single berry will automatically reduce the EVs in a stat to 100, regardless of how many over 100 are actually present.

That means if you mess up counting, you can always know you have 100 if you use a berry and be more careful from then on. They need and EV app for the Poketch.

Also, I use the Counter app and save periodically and record how many I had on that save on a spreadsheet on my computer so if I mess up I know where I was the last save.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    A few questions:
    1) For a Physical Sweeper Gallde which nature is best to run between Adamant and Jolly? Why? I know they both have there ups and downs.

2) For a lead tank Bronzong knowing Stealth Rock, Earthquake, and Gyro Ball which of these moves is best as a 4th move: Zen Headbutt, Iron Defense, or Hypnosis? Why?

3) This last question isn't really S&M but how do you unlock the Cresselia event in Platinum? I know it's not get the National Dex becuase you need to see it to get the National Dex.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    A few questions:
    1) For a Physical Sweeper Gallde which nature is best to run between Adamant and Jolly? Why? I know they both have there ups and downs.

It all depends on the set. If you run CB, go Jolly, if not, go Adamant. :/ That's usually how I look at it. With CB you already get a massive attack boost, and Adamant isn't doing that much for you, but if you run Life Orb or something, you may want that Adamant attack boost.

2) For a lead tank Bronzong knowing Stealth Rock, Earthquake, and Gyro Ball which of these moves is best as a 4th move: Zen Headbutt, Iron Defense, or Hypnosis? Why?

I'd go with Hypnosis. Leading off with a pokemon with access to Hypnosis is great (if it hits) as it can cripple many leads. Zen Headbutt and Iron Defense just don't seem like they'd do as much for you as Hypnosis could.

3) This last question isn't really S&M but how do you unlock the Cresselia event in Platinum? I know it's not get the National Dex becuase you need to see it to get the National Dex.

I forget. D: Hopefully someone else could help you on this one buddy.

Answers in bold. I sure hope someone else could help you with Cresselia though. I don't remember.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009

...What? No, Cresselia is not required for obtaining the National Pokedex at all, and is in fact made available after doing so.

Years
    • he/him
    • Online now
    Go to Canalave City, then the left side of the city, and enter the house farthest downwards. There will be a boy sleeping, just talk the mother, and it is pretty straightforward. If the boy is not in the bed, then you need to have the National Dex to do so.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Answers in bold. I sure hope someone else could help you with Cresselia though. I don't remember.

...What? No, Cresselia is not required for obtaining the National Pokedex at all, and is in fact made available after doing so.

To Aero: My Gallade set is: Psycho Cut, debating between Close Combat and Drain Punch, Night Slash, Fire Punch.

To Forci: Thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back