• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

encas

Don't tread on me.
    Years
    So I just got my hands on Mesprit in my Platinum, and after resetting for a while (no, I didn't use the broken RNG), I got a Mesprit with these IVs:

Hasty, Lv. 50: 14/18/14/30/18/26, HP Fighting 70

The IVs are decent and the Hidden Power is great, but the nature is kinda bleh. Should I keep it or not?

EDIT: Never mind, it's HP is a different type than the calc said. Back to the drawing board...>__>

Last edited:

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
    Why not Outrage ? It is probably one of the best moves in the game. The other two moves honestly suck, Outrage is the superior option always. :/

Because the Gabite (soon to be Garchomp) I have was originally caught as a Gible and not a breeded one, so it won't learn Outrage by itself.

Eventually, it will learn Dragon Rush, but no Outrage because its not breeded....lxD

Also, since its a Platinum ROM, I can't access the underground to get extra shards so by the time I would be in the survivial area, you can count off the move tutor there.

IF this were my Actual Platinum game for my DS, I would happily breed a Gible or teach my Garchomp Outrage. But since it isn't, I'm not going to go through all the trouble. lol.

I think you understand my point...X)

Now for another question. I know Staraptor is BL, and 2 good moves to include in its moveset with Choice Scarf is Brave Bird and Close Combat, now for the remaining two, which of these is better?

Pursuit
    U-Turn
    Return
    Double Edge
    Quick Attack

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Because the Gabite (soon to be Garchomp) I have was originally caught as a Gible and not a breeded one, so it won't learn Outrage by itself.

Eventually, it will learn Dragon Rush, but no Outrage because its not breeded....lxD

Also, since its a Platinum ROM, I can't access the underground to get extra shards so by the time I would be in the survivial area, you can count off the move tutor there.

IF this were my Actual Platinum game for my DS, I would happily breed a Gible or teach my Garchomp Outrage. But since it isn't, I'm not going to go through all the trouble. lol.

I think you understand my point...X)
    Lets not forget Dragon Claw.
    Now, a serious question. I know Staraptor is BL, and 2 good moves to include in its moveset with Choice Scarf is Brave Bird and Close Combat, now for the remaining two, which of these is better?

Pursuit
    U-Turn
    Return
    Double Edge
    U-turn and Return is usually the best options in my opinion, Double-Edge should only be used if you want to OHKO Zapdos. Pursuit is okay in some situations, but U-turn is usually better for scouting.

Edit: @ encas: Usually nature is better than having good IVs and HP type. But, it is still decent.

Bakuzen

Spiky Haired Sexual Deviant
    Years
    okay this is probably a dumb question.
    I'm just really paranoid about messing up my EV training again.
    'So, if I trade my Lv.30 haunter with maxed out Ev's over to another game to evolve him into a Gengar, will that effect his EV's? =p

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    okay this is probably a dumb question.
    I'm just really paranoid about messing up my EV training again.
    'So, if I trade my Lv.30 haunter with maxed out Ev's over to another game to evolve him into a Gengar, will that effect his EV's? =p
    EVs can only be reset by EV reducing berries if I recall correctly. So, no, the EVs will not change. :3

No you fail

l to the o to the l
    Years
    not sure if this would be the right thread i think it is but do you think i should turn my ut movie arceus into a extreme killer set(swords dance + life orb + extremespeed adamant nature) or keep it at its ut status and live with the horrible moveset.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    not sure if this would be the right thread i think it is but do you think i should turn my ut movie arceus into a extreme killer set(swords dance + life orb + extremespeed adamant nature) or keep it at its ut status and live with the horrible moveset.
    Keep it UT if you are going to trade it, or do a moveset for it if you are going to battle with it. If it was me, I would keep it UT because Arceus is usually banned in Ubers.

Genetics

......................... .
    Years
    would it be a good idea to give forretress spikes and toxic spikes or is that too many spikes for one pokemon?

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    would it be a good idea to give forretress spikes and toxic spikes or is that too many spikes for one pokemon?

I ahve this set up on my Cloyster. It is good because you can set them both up the odd time just for extreme pain, but often than not just to make sure there is an entry hazard there even against stell and posion types.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years

Generally not a good idea to use both on the same set. This leaves only two slots for necessary attacking moves and rapid spin (if you need spin support). Just pick the one that would be most beneficial to your team and use your other three moveslots for attacking and support moves.

I ahve this set up on my Cloyster. It is good because you can set them both up the odd time just for extreme pain, but often than not just to make sure there is an entry hazard there even against stell and posion types.

Spikes and Toxic Spikes are much better set up by two pokemon instead of one. If one faints, you still have another pokemon to set your spikes up, and you're screwed if your spiker with both entry hazards faints early in the game. Plus it reduces your support options =/

Genetics

......................... .
    Years
    While evreything you said is true this is forretress were talking about it's not like it can really put a dent in anything. I think it might be better with just rapid spin and for the last slot I should just give it explosion so it might be able to kill something.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    While evreything you said is true this is forretress were talking about it's not like it can really put a dent in anything. I think it might be better with just rapid spin and for the last slot I should just give it explosion so it might be able to kill something.

Gyro Ball can help against Tyranitar and Weavlie, and Earthquake is one of the best attacking moves in the game for obvious reasons. Explosion is definitely an option, but not if it's your only attacking move. Trust me, you're definitely going to want Gyro Ball or Earthquake somewhere on your set, or even both. Like I said, choose the entry hazard that most benefits your team and go with it. If you're making a stall team, two spikers with two different hazards are recommended anyway.

pallet town

From the town of Pallet!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2010
    Hi, I don't know if this is the right thread for this, so please excuse me if it isn't.
    Recently I managed to hatch a shiny Squirtle using the Masuda method, and now I would like to EV train it. I don't want it to evolve however, because shiny Blastoise looks kind of strange with the purple and green. I was also wondering what the best moveset would be, and which stats to EV train it in.

Squirtle Lv. 13
    Quirky Nature
    Effort Points:
    0 0 1 0 1 6

If you need any other info please just ask, I appreciate your help!

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Hi, I don't know if this is the right thread for this, so please excuse me if it isn't.
    Recently I managed to hatch a shiny Squirtle using the Masuda method, and now I would like to EV train it. I don't want it to evolve however, because shiny Blastoise looks kind of strange with the purple and green. I was also wondering what the best moveset would be, and which stats to EV train it in.

Squirtle Lv. 13
    Quirky Nature
    Effort Points:
    0 0 1 0 1 6

If you need any other info please just ask, I appreciate your help!
    Usually Quirky is not the best nature to battle with because it does not benefit the stats at all. Since this is not a specific want in the moveset, I will just give a link with some movesets for Blastoise (click here).

pallet town

From the town of Pallet!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2010
    I realize that it doesn't have good IVs or nature, but I am just happy that it is shiny. Thanks for the link, I suppose pretty much anything that works for Blastoise also works for Squirtle. So maybe:

Surf---Always a good move
    Rest----Good healing move
    Ice Beam---Good against grass type
    ??????----Not sure what to put as a fourth move

As for EVs I don't know what is best for Squirtles.
    Thanks for your help so far.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I realize that it doesn't have good IVs or nature, but I am just happy that it is shiny. Thanks for the link, I suppose pretty much anything that works for Blastoise also works for Squirtle. So maybe:

Surf---Always a good move
    Rest----Good healing move
    Ice Beam---Good against grass type
    ??????----Not sure what to put as a fourth move

As for EVs I don't know what is best for Squirtles.
    Thanks for your help so far.
    Really 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA is usually the most useful spread (I don't have any experience with Blastoise, so I cannot give a specific spread). Rest is usually set-up fodder without Sleep Talk, so put Sleep Talk in the last slot.

Anytime. :3

pallet town

From the town of Pallet!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2010
    That would be great, but turns out that Squirtle can only learn Sleep Talk in Emerald by the move tutor. So I guess I will need something else, because there is no way to trade from Generation IV to III. Even if there was, I don't have Emerald anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back