• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Thanks for your help Pokedra, I think I might just go with that, of course, since I accidentally beat a few pokemon already, I would have to make the
    EV: 251 HP / 252 Def/ 1 SpD/ 6 Spe

But since Squirtle can't learn Yawn I will go with:
    Surf
    Rapid Spin
    Toxic
    Ice Beam

There are EV reducing berries to correct those mistakes

Pirate Dave

かいぞく デイヴ
    Years
    Is this a good moveset for Alakazam?? Or what should I change??

Alakazam@Choice Specs
    Lvl:50
    Psychic
    Calm Mind
    Shadowball
    Focus Blast

Need imput plz & thnx...

If youre gonna use Choice Specs theres no point in having Calm Mind, as youll be stuck on that move. Consider replacing Calm Mind with Trick, or Choice Specs with Life Orb. Shadowball and Focus Blast give you excellent type coverage, but you should also consider replacing Shadow Ball with Signal Beam, to better combat both opposing Psychics and Dark types without needing to rely on Focus Blast and its shakey accuracy.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    Pirate Dave pretty much says what there needs to be noted. For either set, use a Timid nature, unless you opt for a Choice Scarf, in which you use Modest.

In all honesty though, the Life Orb set would be better seeing that setup times are very limited, and sometimes you need that extreme power without setting up.

Predict well though; Alakazam can die to a dark-type's Pursuit should you predict wrong with Specs/Scarf. If you can, use Alakazam with a Pokemon that can make use of a Pokemon locked into Pursuit.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    For Alakazam going to use the following
    Alakazam @ Item Undecided, suggestions welcome
    EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
    Nature: Timid or Modest? Need help deciding, please explain why I should choose one over the other I can see benefits in both.
    Moves:
    -Psychic
    -Charge Beam
    -Focus Blast
    -Recover

I decided on Charge Beam for a number of reasons: 1) My team lacks an Electric-move; 2) It will take Gyarados by suprise; 3) The 70% chance of raising SpA is always helpful.

But what I'm really torn on is Modest or Timid? If I give Modest I can rip through anything not named Blissey with Choice Specs 252 SpA EV's and Modest natures, and Alakazam is already one of the fastest non-Uber Pokemon around so Timid doesn't seem necessary yet some people on the Smogon Shoddy server are recommending Timid.

I'm always reluctant on using Choice Items since I disliked being choiced into a single move so maybe Life Orb since Zam won't be surviving many hits anyway.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    For Alakazam going to use the following
    Alakazam @ Item Undecided, suggestions welcome
    EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
    Nature: Timid or Modest? Need help deciding, please explain why I should choose one over the other I can see benefits in both.
    Moves:
    -Psychic
    -Charge Beam
    -Focus Blast
    -Recover

I decided on Charge Beam for a number of reasons: 1) My team lacks an Electric-move; 2) It will take Gyarados by suprise; 3) The 70% chance of raising SpA is always helpful.

But what I'm really torn on is Modest or Timid? If I give Modest I can rip through anything not named Blissey with Choice Specs 252 SpA EV's and Modest natures, and Alakazam is already one of the fastest non-Uber Pokemon around so Timid doesn't seem necessary yet some people on the Smogon Shoddy server are recommending Timid.

I'm always reluctant on using Choice Items since I disliked being choiced into a single move so maybe Life Orb since Zam won't be surviving many hits anyway.

Alakazam is much too frail for a move like recover, it's much better off with another attacking move, depending on your item choice. Timid is almost always the preferred nature to take advantage of his excellent speed.

You could try Calm Mind > Recover and try sweeping, or Trick with a choice item. It's up to you really.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    You can only add EVs using the vitamins until the Pokemon has 100 EVs in that stat. In other words, you need to start with the vitamins, or else they will not work.

hey thanx, i soft reseted so i spent my money on the speed vits. ev training is so good, i got plus 15 in my gabites speed stat, the battle frontier is goin down and when i say down i meen DDOOWWNN
    any way who would win in battle an impish gliscor with ice fang or a jolly outrage chomp

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    hey thanx, i soft reseted so i spent my money on the speed vits. ev training is so good, i got plus 15 in my gabites speed stat, the battle frontier is goin down and when i say down i meen DDOOWWNN
    any way who would win in battle an impish gliscor with ice fang or a jolly outrage chomp

Thats a little vague, there are a whole number of situations that would apply to.

Switching in vs SD chomp, Gliscor loses.

Switching in vs Scarf Gliscor wins.

Swithing in vs Band Chomp you lose.

If both are one vs one and not switching in, Gliscor wins vs all but Band chomp.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Thats a little vague, there are a whole number of situations that would apply to.

Switching in vs SD chomp, Gliscor loses.

Switching in vs Scarf Gliscor wins.

Swithing in vs Band Chomp you lose.

If both are one vs one and not switching in, Gliscor wins vs all but Band chomp.
    Gliscor also loses to ScarfChomp if he switched-in on an Outrage (Ice Fang only 2HKOs, and Outrage 3HKOs).

Eisen

Lord of Desert
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    Anybody got a good moveset for Rampardos?

Possibly:

Rock Slide
    Earthquake
    Head Smash
    Rock Polish?

Edit: Changed the moveset

Last edited:

Giratinarules

Pokemon Champion
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Oct 5, 2012
    What is the best moveset for my sceptile
    Should i go with this
    Leaf Storm stab/Leaf blade also stab
    Earthquake
    Thunder punch
    rockslide

Pleaz help

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Anybody got a good moveset for Rampardos?

Possibly:

Rock Slide
    Earthquake
    Head Smash
    Rock Polish?

Edit: Changed the moveset
    Rock Polish needs to be on the set, or Rampardos is a waste of time (there are exceptions if you provide support). Stone Edge could be used over Rock Slide for power. Use Zen Headbutt over Head Smash to hit Machamp and Hariyama (and really is the best option he has), because taking half the damage of how much you hit the opponent for kills Rampardos too fast. Otherwise, the moveset is good.
    What is the best moveset for my sceptile
    Should i go with this
    Leaf Storm stab/Leaf blade also stab
    Earthquake
    Thunder punch
    rockslide

Pleaz help
    Request an Individual Moveset  / Incomplete Team Help Thread
    @ Leftovers / Life Orb
    Ability: Overgrow
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Def / 216 Spe
    - Swords Dance
    - Leaf Blade
    - Dragon Claw
    - Brick Break / ThunderPunch / Earthquake

Dragon Claw hits everything except Steels for neutral damage, Brick Break can be used to hit Steels, ThunderPunch for neutrality, and Earthquake is another option to hit Steels, but you will be walled by Bronzong and Skarmory if you do so. Depends on if anything can get rid of those two in your team, then Earthquake is usually the best option. 216 Speed EVs is used to outrun Starmie, Azelf, etc (the 115 crowd), the rest is dumped into HP and Def (which is changed for the best defensive potential). There is nothing in the speed tier between the 120 crowd, and the 115 crowd, so only run 252 Speed EVs if you want to speed tie with Alakazam, Dugtrio, enemy Sceptile, etc.

OR

Request an Individual Moveset  / Incomplete Team Help Thread
    @ Choice Band
    Ability: Overgrow
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Def / 216 Spe
    - Leaf Blade
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake / Brick Break / Focus Punch
    - ThunderPunch

Same as above, but holds a Band. Focus Punch is good if you can predict well on switches, everything else is explained in the above moveset.

If you want a special variant, then ask me.

Years
    I want a full support Starmie, but I can't decide on the EVs and last Move.

View attachment 48314 @Light Clay
    ?/?/?
    Reflect
    Light Screen'
    Rapid Spin
    Surf/Recover/Other

Recover provides longevity and a chance to shrug off SR damage, but Surf allows me STAB. And for the EVs, I could go for speed to quickly set up the screens and soften hits, or I could go for efense so that I can survive I hit and then set the screens up.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years

?/?/?
    Reflect
    Light Screen'
    Rapid Spin
    Surf/Recover/Other

Recover provides longevity and a chance to shrug off SR damage, but Surf allows me STAB. And for the EVs, I could go for speed to quickly set up the screens and soften hits, or I could go for efense so that I can survive I hit and then set the screens up.

i would go for speed evs, what stats should a level 50 jolly garchomp have with 252 spe and atk evs about (speed and attack please)
    also what would be the best item on garchomp for the battle hall (testin him out in the hall before i battle him properly)

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    For Alakazam: Signal Beam or Focus Blast? Why?

On most sets, both of those moves are standard anyway because of their great coverage. I'd try to se both of them

?/?/?
    Reflect
    Light Screen'
    Rapid Spin
    Surf/Recover/Other

Dual screeners usually want max HP and speed. I'd go 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Speed @ Timid. Recover would probably be the best choice for your last slot to improve your survivability.

Eisen

Lord of Desert
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    Should I post my whole team here, because I don't want to put a thread up for it yet, as there are so many things wrong with it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back