• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Should I post my whole team here, because I don't want to put a thread up for it yet, as there are so many things wrong with it.
    Even if you have a really bad team, it will be accepted if you have EVs, Nature, etc. That is really what a Rate My Team thread is for, to help fix weaknesses, movesets, and all.

Eisen

Lord of Desert
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    You know you could've at least ASKED me first so I wouldn't have to re-type the whole ****ing post

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2010
    Acupressure

Acupressure gives a boost of 2 stages to a random stat on your Pokemon.

If a Pokemon uses Acupressure, does it have a chance of picking a stat that is already maxed out?

For example could it happen like this?
    1. Drapion uses Acupressure
    2. It picks defense
    3. It's defense cannot go any higher (because it is at 6 stages)

Divine~Deoxys

As far as i know, yes, it could happen. But you'd be lucky to get it to 6 stages anyway.

Pirate Dave

かいぞく デイヴ
    Years
    For Alakazam going to use the following
    Alakazam @ Item Undecided, suggestions welcome
    EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
    Nature: Timid or Modest? Need help deciding, please explain why I should choose one over the other I can see benefits in both.
    Moves:
    -Psychic
    -Charge Beam
    -Focus Blast
    -Recover

I decided on Charge Beam for a number of reasons: 1) My team lacks an Electric-move; 2) It will take Gyarados by suprise; 3) The 70% chance of raising SpA is always helpful.

But what I'm really torn on is Modest or Timid? If I give Modest I can rip through anything not named Blissey with Choice Specs 252 SpA EV's and Modest natures, and Alakazam is already one of the fastest non-Uber Pokemon around so Timid doesn't seem necessary yet some people on the Smogon Shoddy server are recommending Timid.

No Recover please, Alakazam is really stopped being strong enough to use Recover after the 'Special' stat split into two stats back in Gen2. Use Calm Mind if you're not gonna use a choice item, or maybe Hidden Power (Fire) to stop yourself from being walled by Steel-types a bit.

The nature should always be Timid unless hes got a scarf on. Even though Alakazam is fast, his fragility means he MUST go first if he is to make use of his massive SpA.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Even if you have a really bad team, it will be accepted if you have EVs, Nature, etc. That is really what a Rate My Team thread is for, to help fix weaknesses, movesets, and all.

Not really I had all of that info and still haven't had a thread approved. EVs, Natures Items, Abilities, the whole works.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    If so, you might want to improve the comments. If you have bad comments, the RMT usually isn't approved.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Not really I had all of that info and still haven't had a thread approved. EVs, Natures Items, Abilities, the whole works.
    PM D_A or Anti why. Sometimes if you lack descriptions on them, then it might not be approved.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    PM D_A or Anti why. Sometimes if you lack descriptions on them, then it might not be approved.

Yeah I'll do that well the last one I tried to use was poorly prepared anyway so maybe it wasn't even competitive worthy. I improved it a lot and tested on Shoddy and there's been a hell of an improvement in my performance there so I'll give it another shot and PM a mod if it doesn't go through.

Years
    Was wondering something...

Where I live, I have gotten a (small) group of Pokemon players into a form of battling I "kinda" started. These battles have only been in the Union Room. At least the ones I've been in...

I call this "Smeargle Monk Fighting". But I'm not Mr. Vick...

Anyhoo, this is the "blueprint" for the Smeargle:

Smeargle
    Ability: Own Tempo / Technician
    Moveset: Always contains Conversion. Only one other element of attack from the sixteen remaining element types. Curse and Hidden Power are fine by those of us. Recovery moves can only be of Normal typing or of typing selected from the remaining sixteen: Roost for Flying, Heal Order for Bug for example. No OHKO moves are used. No Double Battle "system" is used anymore (there was one). Rest is frowned upon.

There are only a few rules involved in the system. However, none of the we, including me, battle competitively. Nor are we (naturally) competitive minded.

My "simple" question is this:

Could 6-on-6 "Smeargle only" battles, if given certain rule system/(s), take place in a "competitive" manner via wireless considering the mention "Conversion Smeargle"?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    No Recover please, Alakazam is really stopped being strong enough to use Recover after the 'Special' stat split into two stats back in Gen2. Use Calm Mind if you're not gonna use a choice item, or maybe Hidden Power (Fire) to stop yourself from being walled by Steel-types a bit.

The nature should always be Timid unless hes got a scarf on. Even though Alakazam is fast, his fragility means he MUST go first if he is to make use of his massive SpA.

Well Focus Blast is already super-effective against Steel types and has 120BP vs the max 70BP Hidden Power can have and Charge Beam is super-effective against Skarmormy (and the SpA increases can stop it from walling) also I'm sort of lazy and won't breed for IVs just to get the Hidden Power type unless there's absolutely no other move of that type a Pokemon can learn.

So everyone the moves I'm considering replacing Recover with are: Signal Beam, Calm Mind, Reflect? (Can Zam learn Dark Pulse or Shadow Ball?)

Signal Beam can help me prevent being walled by a fellow Psychic-type, though so can Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball, Signal Beam also is good against Dark-types but I already have Focus Blast for that and that can OHKO TTar.

I don't know about Calm Mind. She (yeah it's a female) can't really take a hit for much set-up.

I also don't know about Reflect from my experience even with a Reflect set up Zam usually goes down in one or two hits.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    hey can someone help me with my espeon set

Request an Individual Moveset  / Incomplete Team Help Thread
    espeon@lum berry
    syncronise
    timid nature
    252spa.tk/252spe/6 HP
    grass knot (my team has trouble with ryperior and milotic)
    psychic
    calmmind
    shadowball/signal beam (which one?)

thanx

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016

Espeon@ Leftovers
    Nature : Timid(-Atk, +Spe)
    EV : 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
    -Calm Mind
    -Grass Knot / Signal Beam
    -Psychic
    -Hidden Power Fighting

^ Basically that though Lum Berry can work if you fear status =)

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years

Espeon@ Leftovers
    Nature : Timid(-Atk, +Spe)
    EV : 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
    -Calm Mind
    -Grass Knot / Signal Beam
    -Psychic
    -Hidden Power Fighting

^ Basically that though Lum Berry can work if you fear status =)

thanx, what is a good poke to go with chomp and espeon

Divine~Deoxys

If it's a physical Chomp, try something like Mixape. So you have a physical sweep, a special sweep and a mix sweep. Also, none of them share the same weaknesses.

Divine~Deoxys

I defo wouldn't use reflect. Move wasted.

HP Fire is an option over Focus Blast if you want to hit Scizor (providing it doesn't use Bullet Punch you're guaranteed at least 1 hit, possibly OHKO depending on the EVs of the Scizor.

HP Fire also hits Metagross and Skarm.
    Yes it can learn shadow ball.

So you could have this:
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    HP Fire
    Charge Beam.

That would give you good coverage.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Scizor can come in on Garchomp's weaknesses, and scares off Ice Shard users and the like, and forms the awesome Garchomp + Scizor combo made in suspect period. He can come in on Dark, Ghost, and Bug attacks aimed at Espeon as well. But, with Scizor being glue to all this, it would be best to have something else to help him take all five of these types.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    Scizor can come in on Garchomp's weaknesses, and scares off Ice Shard users and the like, and forms the awesome Garchomp + Scizor combo made in suspect period. He can come in on Dark, Ghost, and Bug attacks aimed at Espeon as well. But, with Scizor being glue to all this, it would be best to have something else to help him take all five of these types.

thanx, i have signal beam to counter darks, crunch for ghosts and stone edge for bugs
    can i please have a scizor set please........... oh and one last thing which is best on scizor s-power or brick break

Last edited:

Divine~Deoxys

EV : 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
    Nature : Adamant(-SpAtk, +Atk)
    -Bullet Punch
    -U-Turn
    -Superpower/Brick Break
    -Pursuit

I would say Brick Break's better as it's consistent, but it depends how you're using Scizor. If its basically a revenge killer and not expected to last, then Superpower is more powerful instantly

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back