• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2009
    Battle Partner for Leafeon

I'm looking for a good Pokemon to go with my Leafeon in a double battle.

Currently:
    Leafeon @ Life Orb
    252 Attack, 252 Speed, 8 Defense
    Leaf Guard
    Gentle
    Giga Drain, X-Scissor, Sword Dance, Synthesis

Giga Drain will soon be replaced by Leaf Blade, and I might replace Synthesis with something later on.

This is my first post, hope I didn't break any rules :S

Anyway, any help is appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    I'm looking for a good Pokemon to go with my Leafeon in a double battle.

Currently:
    Leafeon @ Life Orb
    252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Defense
    Leaf Guard
    Jolly
    Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, Sword Dance, Synthesis

Giga Drain will soon be replaced by Leaf Blade, and I might replace Synthesis with something later on.

This is my first post, hope I didn't break any rules :S

Anyway, any help is appreciated, thanks.

Im not Expert on Leafeon , but since it looks like a Physical Sweeper with the base 110 Atk and base 95 Spe... , I might help you, Jolly Over Gentle to have that nice 317 Speed at Lv.100 ( assuming with the right IVs ) , Leaf Blade Over Giga Drain to gain the benefit of Swords Dance , I dunno about Synthesis , but it may be good to restore HP lost through Life Orb , afterall , Leafeon got a nice base 130 Def which means it isnt Fragile on the Physical side . maybe someone else would help you ...

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2009
    Thanks for your help =]
    I've replaced Giga Drain with Leaf Blade now, so that's fixed... I'm still wondering whether to keep or replace Synthesis with another attack (or Sunny Day?).

Remember I'm mainly looking for a Doubles partner for Leafeon. Leafeon is going to do 90% of the attacking, I just need something take down those Fire and Flying types, and/or support and protect Leafeon. An auto-Sunny Day-er would be a nice bonus, but I doubt all that would come in one Pokemon.

Years
    i have a question. is there any pokemon like curselax, aside form curselax? cuz i really liek him, and it would be fun to see how a team of pokemon just like him would do

also, stuff like the defensive celebi

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Oh where can I find another Life Orb in Platinum I already have the one from Stark Mountain

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    There's one at the entrance of Stark Mountain. Also, walk a little way down from the entrance, you'll see a seemingly inaccessable Item Ball. Go back towards Route 227 using the stairs, then go back up on the very left of the screen using your bike. You'll be able to access the Item Ball, which is the second life orb.

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    Gallade is banned from UU since he's BL so you have to remove him. You could probably switch Absol in since he tries to do the same thing ;)

Personally I'd make Mismagius into the SubCM set. Great for a late-game sweeper.

Mismagius @ Leftovers
    Nature : Timid
    EV : 48 HP / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
    - Substitute
    - Calm Mind
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]

Just some thoughts =)
    Yes, I am aware of that, and actually, Absol is my first choice in a replacement for him for when I battle strictly UU. xD; But as I said before, the people I mostly battle with all tend to have pretty mixed teams themselves anyways so they don't mind that I have a BL on my UU team.

I was considering a Mismagius like the one you've suggested before, but I'm really enjoying the set I have now so I don't think I'm going to change it. Thanks though. n.n

Still looking for something to fill that empty spot on my team... Any suggestions? :C I'm thinking something that can deal some decent damage because between my Leafeon, Miltank, and even my Mismagius I think I'm good as far as stalling/walling goes, but with just two main attackers, Gallade and Typhlosion, I need something else that can hold its own in battle.

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    Yes, I understand that my team is not strictly UU, but it is like that because the people I usually battle against are just my friends at school and stuff, who all have mixed teams themselves ranging from Uber to NU. I just prefer to use UU because most of my favorite Pokemon are UU, and just so happen to have a BL on my team because that BL also happens to be a Pokemon I like. But as I said before, I do have a replacement for my Gallade for when I DO battle strictly UU. So I don't see why this is an issue.

And while this tier discussion is all well and good and all, it isn't helping me with the problem I came here hoping to get help with. :C

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    Ok every 2weeks or so me and my m8s get together and have a lvl 50 mini tournament between us and i was thinkin of using some pokes that took my fancy when i was going through my PC boxes last night and I'll probably reduce their Ev's and train them

I've chosen to use:
    Aron-Quiet Nature-lvl30
    Skorupi-Impish nature-lvl 36
    Grumpig-Serious Nature-lvl 41
    Mothim-Naughty Nature-lvl 44
    Drifblim-Hasty Nature-lvl 46
    Froslass-Naive Nature-lvl 46

Does any1 have any suggestions as to what i should EV train, or if i should at all
    And also what movesets i should use
    Thanx :]

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    For a lead Bronzong, should it run Hypnosis or Explosion?

Bronzong, Brave nature
    4 HP/8 Atk/124 Def/124 SpD
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake
    -Gyro Ball
    -Hypnosis / Explosion?

Help me see what it can do with either move.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    @ Kleinchen: I'm not good at suggesting Pokemon for a team, so I'll pass. :<

Ok every 2weeks or so me and my m8s get together and have a lvl 50 mini tournament between us and i was thinkin of using some pokes that took my fancy when i was going through my PC boxes last night and I'll probably reduce their Ev's and train them

I've chosen to use:
    Aron-Quiet Nature-lvl30
    Skorupi-Impish nature-lvl 36
    Grumpig-Serious Nature-lvl 41
    Mothim-Naughty Nature-lvl 44
    Drifblim-Hasty Nature-lvl 46
    Froslass-Naive Nature-lvl 46

Does any1 have any suggestions as to what i should EV train, or if i should at all
    And also what movesets i should use
    Thanx :]
    Look here (click). Although I suggest not using Aron, since Quiet nature raises SpA, which it NEVER uses. Grumpig's nature isn't that great either, Serious is a neutral nature. The rest of the natures seem nice.
    For a lead Bronzong, should it run Hypnosis or Explosion?

Bronzong, Brave nature
    4 HP/8 Atk/124 Def/124 SpD
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake
    -Gyro Ball
    -Hypnosis / Explosion?

Help me see what it can do with either move.
    Just use the standard EV spread: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD with Sassy nature. Now onto the moveset, it depends on what you intend on using Bronzong for. Hypnosis and Explosion are both good moves for Bronzong. I usually prefer Hypnosis.

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    Look here (click). Although I suggest not using Aron, since Quiet nature raises SpA, which it NEVER uses. Grumpig's nature isn't that great either, Serious is a neutral nature. The rest of the natures seem nice.

Ok thanx for that
    I'll probably substitute my Aron for my Leafeon or possibly a Smeargle lol
    But thanx again

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    So I have a team so far that consists of an offenseive Zapdos, and a support Articuno...any advice on what other types/roles of pokemon I should have?

It's hard to build a team based off of two pokemon =(

If you really want to use support Articuno, you must have a rapid spinner. Otherwise it dies to Stealth Rock. Either way, it's usually outclassed in OU battles.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    Doh! What if I added Tyranitar and Moltres? Would that help narrow it down?

i would go with donphan as it doesnt take much from SR

donphan@lefties
    impish nature +def -sp.atk
    252HP/252def/4atk
    rapidspin
    EQ
    ice shard
    roar/knock off/SR/stone edge

love this set as it can get rid of stealth rock doesnt take much damage from it and it can revenge kill garchomp mence flygon and dragonite.
    im sure that you could put some evs in sp.def, but i will leave that tro someone else

you dont want moltres as then it takes 50% of its health just from SR, you dont want that as articuno also takes loads from SR

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back