• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
  • i have two questions

1. should i use grass knot or ice beam on a sub petaya empoleon
    2. what is a good counter for a zapdos running hp grass?

1. It depends on what your team needs coverage against, Ice beam is the obvious choice for dragons, and Grass Knot helps against bulky grounds and waters. You'll have to decide what's best for your team.

2. Any decent special wall like Blissey or Snorlax generally handles Zapdos well, and pokemon with a resistance to Electric attacks can come in on Zapdos as well. Latias resists both Thunderbolt and HP Grass, and Tyranitar can take HP Grass relatively easily with its high special defense. There are plenty of others, just make sure you predict correctly and know what you're switching in to.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    @ Chaos and Pokedra: I was thinking that too, but I wasn't for sure if grounded Poison-types, counted Abilities. :x

@Chaostorm : I'm pretty sure it's 80 power since Technician won't activate because it doubles first then it's 80 power and doesn't get the boost but I may be wrong =x
    Yeah, Pursuit is 80 BP when the opponent switches out.

Edit: Never mind, tested it with a friend and it turns out that Gengar doesn't absorb TSpikes. :(

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    If you plan on double battling, would using Gastro Acid on your own Slaking be a good idea?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • I have one question.
    What would be a good lead for a stall team?

Generally something that can set up either SR, Spikes, or TSpikes. It helps to be bulky as well. Nidoqueen is a fantastic one, or something like Roserade could work as well (I'm no expert on stall, so ehh :P)

Satelity

Funny The Way It Is
    Years
  • Generally something that can set up either SR, Spikes, or TSpikes. It helps to be bulky as well. Nidoqueen is a fantastic one, or something like Roserade could work as well (I'm no expert on stall, so ehh :P)

Thanks. ^_^
    I'll look into Nidoqueen and Roserade.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • A sandstorm summoner usually works well in a lead position, like Hippowdon. I'd focus more on setting up SR rocks then spikes. For instance, lead Roserade helps you set up T-spikes but has to sacrifice itself to do it, and suicide leads on stall it not a good idea. Personally I'd go with a sturdy user of SR, of which there are many :D

Satelity

Funny The Way It Is
    Years
  • A sandstorm summoner usually works well in a lead position, like Hippowdon. I'd focus more on setting up SR rocks then spikes. For instance, lead Roserade helps you set up T-spikes but has to sacrifice itself to do it, and suicide leads on stall it not a good idea. Personally I'd go with a sturdy user of SR, of which there are many :D

Would Skarmory work well? It seems pretty good because the set I am looking at can set up Stealth Rock, Whirlwind hazards, and has a recovery move.

natedogg

Ahhh, it's so hot...
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 16, 2011
    What do you guys think of this set on Dusknoir.

Dusknoir @Leftovers
    Careful
    252hp,252spD,4def
    - Night Shade
    - Protect/Brick Break
    - Will-o-Wisp
    - Pain Split

I got this from somewhere cant remeber really. I tried it out and it seems to work very good. It not entirly walled by normal types as you can burn and then stall them out with protect and pain split. I guess brick break is for hitting normal types if you want. I really dont know what do do for the evs and nature though. Since Will-o-Wisp lowers attack being more SpD bulky would be better.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Would Skarmory work well? It seems pretty good because the set I am looking at can set up Stealth Rock, Whirlwind hazards, and has a recovery move.

Nope Skarm is a horrible lead it loses to like all of them thanks to fire moves being omnipresent.

LOL Roserade on OU stall. 4 mixape. Infact lol any suicide lead on stall, yay lets sacrifice a team slot. :/ Sure on hyper offense they are great, otherwise lolno.

Swampert, Hippowdon etc all work and are prolly your best bets. Id aim to get up SR early in the match because sr auto nerfs powerful wall breakers like Mence and other junk like Gyarados too aswell as hitting everything. Then as the match progresses you should then stack your other layers of spikes depending on what sort of team they are and how many T-Spikes/Spikes immunities they have.

Satelity

Funny The Way It Is
    Years
  • Nope Skarm is a horrible lead it loses to like all of them thanks to fire moves being omnipresent.

LOL Roserade on OU stall. 4 mixape. Infact lol any suicide lead on stall, yay lets sacrifice a team slot. :/ Sure on hyper offense they are great, otherwise lolno.

Swampert, Hippowdon etc all work and are prolly your best bets. Id aim to get up SR early in the match because sr auto nerfs powerful wall breakers like Mence and other junk like Gyarados too aswell as hitting everything. Then as the match progresses you should then stack your other layers of spikes depending on what sort of team they are and how many T-Spikes/Spikes immunities they have.

I'll try Swampert because I don't want my lead to set up Sandstorm. Thanks for the advice.

BTW D_A your new theme is full of win.

EDIT: Any set suggestions for lead Swampert?

natedogg

Ahhh, it's so hot...
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 16, 2011
    I'll try Swampert because I don't want my lead to set up Sandstorm. Thanks for the advice.

Mixpert works well as a lead.

Swampert @ leftovers
    Relaxed
    240hp,216def,52spA
    -EQ
    -Ice beam
    -Surf/Hydro Pump
    -SR

This should work.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010

you might use the same set natedogg posted , you can Switch Surf/Hydro Pump to Roar so you can render DD Gyara's boost useless

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Mixpert works well as a lead.

Swampert @ leftovers
    Relaxed
    240hp,216def,52spA
    -EQ
    -Ice beam
    -Surf/Hydro Pump
    -SR

This should work.
    Also, Roar is generally better than Surf for PHazing, racking up SR, Spikes, and TSpikes damage, and is annoying lol. Smogon is stupid for saying 240 HP EVs hit Leftovers number when 236 does. :< And, if you are using Swampert as a TTar counter, you need 252 HP / 252 Def or TTar has a chance of 2HKOing you with CB Crunch (with SR and Leftovers factored). The 52 SpA EVs don't do anything you choose to not use Hydro Pump because they are there to 2HKO Skarmory.

So, it's better if you use 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Speed if you are not using Hydro Pump.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Why 4 Speed EV on Swampert , to outspeed other Swamperts ?
    Yeah, so they don't PHaze you first (and it's just extra). You can use 16 Speed EVs to outrun Tangrowth that try to outrun Relaxed Swampert, but it gives CB TTar a chance of 2HKOing you with Crunch.

Satelity

Funny The Way It Is
    Years
  • Ok, so now that I have my lead. I need some more help. Thanks for helping me earlier by the way.
    I have a Swampert lead for my stall team, and want to add Rotom-H to the mix. I was thinking a set like this:

Rotom-H @ Leftovers
    252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
    Bold Nature
    - Discharge
    - Shadow Ball
    - Overheat
    - Will-O-Wisp

I want to use him because he is a great counter to Metagross and Scizor. He is a Pursuit weak, however.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Hey I'm doing a Psychic mono to participate in TeamUber's mono tourneys and need a 6th team mate.

Here's the current 5 members
    Bronzong, Cresselia, Girafarig, Alakazam, Gallade
    I'm seriously leaning towards Starmie, but suggestions are welcome.

P.S.
    I know I asked this before but I'm still locked in the Modest vs. Timid debate for a nature for my Alakazam. 405 Special Attack with Modest can really Sweep after the boost from Life Orb or Choice Specs. I ran a few google searches on the subject and someone said the only thing that Modest Zam doesn't even fear Gengar, since Timid ones are rare. What non-Scarfed Pokemon can outspeed Modest Alakazam with 252 Speed EVs?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back