• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
  • Maybe if you're using his lead set, but yeah Destiny Bond isn't good for an offensive Gallade =(

Leader Soulja Boy

Batesville Gym Leader
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 16, 2011
    I'm trying to do a UU team and I have a potential line-up of 5 and a few contenders for the 6th slot, the 1st name listed is the lead: Yanmega, Honchrow, Roserade, Blaziken, Chansey
    For the 6th slot I'm debating between Floatzel, Cloyster, and Milotic. Any other good suggestions are welcome.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I'm trying to do a UU team and I have a potential line-up of 5 and a few contenders for the 6th slot, the 1st name listed is the lead: Yanmega, Honchrow, Roserade, Blaziken, Chansey
    For the 6th slot I'm debating between Floatzel, Cloyster, and Milotic. Any other good suggestions are welcome.

If you post your movesets/items/EVs and such, it would be easier to see what your team might need for a 6th member.

Harumi-chan

L o v e . M e . H a t e . M e
    Years
  • I need some help with one of my current teams, it seems to me like I don't have enough supporting bulk and some of them can't even stand a switch in because they get KO'd on the first turn. I'll just list my whole team so you see what I'm working with and point out which ones I'm having trouble with.

Request an Individual Moveset  / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Empoleon
    : Male @ Leftovers / Quick Claw
    HP: 252 | Def: 160 | Sp. D: 92 | Speed: 4
    Bold: +Defense / -Attack
    ~Surf
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Stealth Rock
    ~Grass Knot

Empoleon . is . perfect . Really. I've used him in many battles, he has such high defense and hp and stands A LOT of rounds. He just takes whatever you throw at him. He doesn't get OHKO'd by electricity, fighting nor ground, he can usually resist those moves for atleast 2 rounds. He even got frozen one time and stood his ground until he got unfrozen still having about half his hp left to spare and plenty of switch outs and ins. Not going to touch him.

- -

Raichu: Female @ Leftovers
    Attack: 130 | Speed: 252 | Def: 40 | HP: 88
    Bold: +Defense / -Attack
    ~Rain Dance (?) barely used
    ~Thunder (?) barely used
    ~Volt Tackle
    ~Light Screen

My Raichu is, well so-so. I sometimes start with her and pull off a Light Screen, if she can attack the opponent who she is currently up against I do or I switch out to something. I know I should have used a different nature for her, but when I first began to EV train her I trained her in defense but changed my mind and put the EVs into attack and tried to spread them out a bit to see if it helps. She's a tad frail so she doesn't do well long term. I still would like to keep her to be honest, so is there anything I can fix/change?

- -

Honchkrow: Male | Insomnia | @ Quick Claw / Leftovers
    HP: 150 | Speed: 252 | Attack: 108
    Calm: +Sp. Defense / -Attack
    ~Mean Look
    ~Sucker Punch
    ~Psychic
    ~Superpower

I really really wish I could keep him but he's not proving useful in any of the battles I've had. Let's say I'm up against a 2x or 4x weak against Fighting type pokemon, I switch into Honckrow, Stealth Rock takes a chunk outta him, and then he gets KO'd by the first attack. Even if he does survive it he's too slow to move first next turn. I tried maxing his Defenses and nothing, so I switched him to this spread for more HP and nothing. I haven't even been able to try him out against any Fighting/Ghost/Normal types, and if I do he just dies.

Poor thing :c I love Honchkrows

- -

Flygon: Female @ Wide Lens (100% accurancy on DM)
    Attack: 130 | Speed: 252 | HP: 38 | Sp. Attack: 90
    Lonely: +Attack / -Defense
    ~Roost
    ~U-Turn
    ~Draco Meteor
    ~Earthquake

I just used my Flygon in a battle today and she worked exactly how I thought she would. Switch on something that's about to use Earthquake or another ground move. Levitate's ability negates it, she attacks with an Ice Beam to either KO the opposing pokemon or put it in the red. When she gets to about <half hp, I use Roost and heal back all lost HP, making my opponent very annoyed. They switch into an Ice Beamer and I just U-Turn out because I'm faster, and switch to Empoleon which takes the Ice Beam no problem.

I still need to use her in more battles but for now I think she'll make a lovely addition.

- -

Arcanine: Female @ Leftovers | Intimidate
    Attack: 140 | Speed: 200 | HP: 70 | Defense: 100

Attack: 230 | Speed: 252 | HP: 28

Adamant: +Attack / -Sp. Attack
    ~Flare Blitz
    ~Extremespeed
    ~Iron Head
    ~Dragon Pulse

The EV spread in bold is the one I have on her now, should I keep it or switch to the second one? I used her in battle but not exactly had a chance for her to shine. She was KO'd before I could put her to the test against a Skarmory which came later into battle. So I don't have much to say about her.

- -

Lopunny: Male @ Leftovers | Cute Charm
    HP: 252 | Sp. D: 6 | Speed: 252
    Hardy: Attack / Attack
    ~Substitute
    ~Healing Wish
    ~Baton Pass
    ~Thunder Wave

Okay I know what you're thinking on this one XD Why Lopunny, why does he have a neutral nature, etc, etc. Okay so I was going for another nature, one +Def or +Speed, but uh, this one hatched shiny and I gave up going for a perfect nature XD (Although that's no problem now I can just RNG a perfect natured pokemon)

Okay in some battles he has proved useful and in others he hasn't. For example, I had a great battle once where I put up a couple subs and paralyzed the enemy, I was still able to switch out and back in even with Stealth Rock around my team, he was down to 12HP after taking a few attacks so I used Healing Wish and healed back Empoleon who KO'd 2 pokemon and severely injured another.

So just wondering, is he a nay or yay?

- - - -

And so....

My team is very weak in several areas, I really lack in bulk and defense. A lot of them share the same weakness against Fighting types. (Darn those Lucarios) I didn't have a fire type or a fire type move which is why I chose Arcanine, though I haven't had use for her yet, and she may be a tad lacking, I don't know.

Honchkrow is a frail little birdy and as much as I love him I think I need for him to go to the sidelines.

If I can, I would really like to keep Empoleon, Raichu and Flygon, as for 3 new ones, I'd appreciate any suggestions. I was thinking maybe a wall like Blissey and something that can resist a lot of types like Gengar/Mismaigius. But anything that can compliment those three.

But as a request I'm declining Choice Band and Scarfs, I would just like to freely attack, and not be locked in.

And FYI, I have another team consisting of Swampert, Ambipom, Jolteon, Walrein, Froslass and Dragonite, so if you guys can overlook those that are mentioned please because they're a completely different set. I shall be testing them out soon.

P.S. I don't battle with Ubers.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I'm trying to do a UU team and I have a potential line-up of 5 and a few contenders for the 6th slot, the 1st name listed is the lead: Yanmega, Honchrow, Roserade, Blaziken, Chansey

Well you prolly will want a spinner since Krow + Yanmega + SR = AAAAA. Just not Cloyster, because he is SR weak too. A support Kabutops might work, with SR/spin/waterfall/stone @ max hp and def, helps with Swellow and other fliers alot.

Also Roserade has been made OU this month.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Wondering if this could work as a lead in OU:

@ Shuca Berry
    Ability: Solid Rock
    EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SpD
    Modest Nature (+ SpA / - Atk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power Grass

EVs allow you to never be 2HKOed by Azelf's Psychic, and the rest is put into Defense for physical bulk. Shuca Berry is for winning against the likes of Swampert, Metagross, etc.

Against the top 10 leads:
    Spoiler:

I've been testing it, and it has been going great.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Wondering if this could work as a lead in OU:

@ Shuca Berry
    Ability: Solid Rock
    EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SpD
    Modest Nature (+ SpA / - Atk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power Grass

EVs allow you to never be 2HKOed by Azelf's Psychic, and the rest is put into Defense for physical bulk. Shuca Berry is for winning against the likes of Swampert, Metagross, etc.

Against the top 10 leads:
    Spoiler:

I've been testing it, and it has been going great.

Seems like Lum Berry may be another option so you can deal with sleeper leads. Go for it if it's been working, but looking at the top ten lead list it seems like it could be a shaky choice =(

HashBrownJM

Decade-Old League Champion
    Years
  • Ok, here's my first shot. I'm asking about two Pokemon simply because I don't know which one to use. Here they are:

Ursaring @ Flame Orb:
    Ability: Guts
    252 Atk, 128 Def, 128 Spd
    Moves:
    -Bulk Up
    -Aerial Ace
    -Facade
    -Earthquake

Snorlax @ Focus Band:
    252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 Def
    Ability: Thick Fat
    Moves:
    -Rest
    -Belly Drum
    -Earthquake
    -Double Edge (open to suggestions, Giga Impact?)

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Ok, here's my first shot. I'm asking about two Pokemon simply because I don't know which one to use. Here they are:

Ursaring @ Flame Orb:
    Ability: Guts
    252 Atk, 128 Def, 128 Spd
    Moves:
    -Bulk Up
    -Aerial Ace
    -Facade
    -Earthquake

Seems like this would be more of a tanking set if anything. I'd max HP and add a nice chunk of special defense EVs. Leftovers would probably be your best since you want to absorb hits as well as possible. Guts will still let you absorb status effectively and use the attack boost. Definitely keep a set like this in UU, as Snorlax totally outclasses it.

Snorlax @ Focus Band:
    252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 Def
    Ability: Thick Fat
    Moves:
    -Rest
    -Belly Drum
    -Earthquake
    -Double Edge (open to suggestions, Giga Impact?)

Focus Band is illegal in competitive play =(

If you're looking for a rest-talking Snorlax, try this:

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Careful/Sassy - Thick Fat
    244 HP / 28 Defense / 236 Special Defense
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Body Slam
    - Earthquake / Crunch / Fire Blast

Beware, as this is set-up fodder for a lot of sweepers. I wouldn't recommend using it unless you have a very specific use for it.

Comments are in bold and such \o/

HashBrownJM

Decade-Old League Champion
    Years
  • Well my Ursaring is a hard hitter, Flame Orb give him Burn which activates Guts, Facade is beefed up due to the burn, Bulk Up keeps raising his Atk (so he's hitting even harder), unless I just should drop Bulk Up altogether? When I think Snorlax I think my wall. When I think Ursaring (in this context), I think 1 or 2 hit KOs.

Years
  • I'm not very good at strategies yet so I was wondering if this Slaking would be a good idea for my first team ever (UU) -

Slaking @ Flame/Toxic Orb
    EVs I'm not too sure about but my thoughts on EVs will be below.
    ~ Facade
    ~ Yawn
    ~ Earthquake?
    ~ ?

The obvious plan of this is to use the STAB 140 Base Power Facade to OHKO most things.
    I have taken into account Slaking's loafing which is why the EVs could be invested in Def/Sp.Def so he can hopefully last to take out as many of the opponent's team as possible. I wasnt sure if the Facade STAB would apply to the original 70 Base Power or the 140, if the former, Earthquake could be used but I dont think it is. I considered yawn so they couldn't take advantage of loafing but it would probably only work if the opponent had nothing to switch to. As for teammates, a wisher could be good so Slaking can last longer.

As I've said I dont know much about this so this is just a basic idea so feel free to rip it to shreds.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    I need one last pokemon for my team , and since my team is sorta weak to fire and I feel heatran isnt enough I want a bulky rain dance user

Preferably on the sp.defense side ...... I want it to totalltytake advantage of the rain whereas the rain would protect my team

Also dont make it a lead >.<:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I'm not very good at strategies yet so I was wondering if this Slaking would be a good idea for my first team ever (UU) -

Slaking @ Flame/Toxic Orb
    EVs I'm not too sure about but my thoughts on EVs will be below.
    ~ Facade
    ~ Yawn
    ~ Earthquake?
    ~ ?

The obvious plan of this is to use the STAB 140 Base Power Facade to OHKO most things.
    I have taken into account Slaking's loafing which is why the EVs could be invested in Def/Sp.Def so he can hopefully last to take out as many of the opponent's team as possible. I wasnt sure if the Facade STAB would apply to the original 70 Base Power or the 140, if the former, Earthquake could be used but I dont think it is. I considered yawn so they couldn't take advantage of loafing but it would probably only work if the opponent had nothing to switch to. As for teammates, a wisher could be good so Slaking can last longer.

As I've said I dont know much about this so this is just a basic idea so feel free to rip it to shreds.

If you are gonna use Facade, use Toxic Orb. Flame Orb/burn lowers attack still since he doesnt have Guts.

Slaking is a hit and run poke, literally thanks to its crippling ability traunt so really hasnt got the time to yawn. Its meant to ram things skulls hard and then switch out. So its usually better with a Choice Band and Return/Earthquake/Fire Punch/Sucker Punch or Shadow Claw or Pursuit with max attack and speed.

Still if you want to use the whole Toxic Orb thing Ursaring does this set better due to its abilitys and access to Swords Dance and what not.

@Above poster, Suicune or Kingdra might work or any other water type.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • As long as you have Suicune, Fire-types shouldn't be a problem since almost none of them can get by Heatran or Suicune. You could run CroCune:

Suicune @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Calm Mind
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

This set is pretty easy to stop though, so you could run an offensive set. I don't really know what your team is like so it's hard to give a good moveset. The standard defensive set will usually suffice.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    As long as you have Suicune, Fire-types shouldn't be a problem since almost none of them can get by Heatran or Suicune. You could run CroCune:

Suicune @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Calm Mind
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

This set is pretty easy to stop though, so you could run an offensive set. I don't really know what your team is like so it's hard to give a good moveset. The standard defensive set will usually suffice.

This or you could run "calm cune" in which you just put Ice Beam> Sleep Talk but that makes you set up fodder whilst sleeping for the additional of coverage when awake but it helps alot vs mence, kingdra, latias celebi, zappy and what ever else that likes to come in.

Ive been seeing a bit more of them lately actually as the metagame becomes more defensive.

What i was really posting to say is Suicune LOVES entry hazards, they mess up its common counters badly so make sure you have plenty to stack up. Defensive Suicune really does love them, perhaps more than other pokemon.

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    I read somewhere today that Wish+Baton Pass is considered illegal...? But this is the first I've heard of it, which is lame because I've been working on a Leafeon set that uses Wish passing. D: So can someone explain to me why/if it's really illegal? ;-;

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I read somewhere today that Wish+Baton Pass is considered illegal...? But this is the first I've heard of it, which is lame because I've been working on a Leafeon set that uses Wish passing. D: So can someone explain to me why/if it's really illegal? ;-;

Its not illegal. O.o

Idk where you read that, but its very wrong.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back