• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Reshiram or Zekrom?

Which is your favourite?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2016
    I think both are pretty evenly matched against eachother when it comes to battling, but Reshiram has a very good type combination which really helps when it comes to battling Ice types. In terms of appearance, my favourite is Zekrom, mainly because I prefer the colours black and blue to white and red. I also prefer Zekrom's name.

Zaspien

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I prefer Zekrom to Reshiram mainly because I think that Zekrom has better aesthetics than Reshiram. Reshiram seems like it was a little too 'over-designed' which then made it seem akward and imposing. Zekrom, on the other hand, was quite a simple design which made it seem almost humble and not scream 'Hey, look at me! I'm a legendary Pokémon' (which Reshiram's design did scream, in my opinion).

As for battling strength, both have their strengths and weaknesses but in general they're both pretty strong powerhouses with some sexy unique moves.

Years
  • Zekrom all the way.
    Thunder is my favorite type, and that is why i can finish 3 gallons of water a day.
    Zekrom has a sleek design, except Reshiram. How can Reshy walk with that crotch feather between his legs? Oh wow. And Reshiram also sounds like a Dying Virgin that can make a Siren.

And Zekrom is a real dragon. Zek's voice is like Dino-Dragon.
    Zekrom can also kill Reshy in Lvl. 55-60 although Zek is still 50-53.
    Mah Boiz, pick Zekrom. Chuck Norris rode on Zekrom you fools.

Lol joke. No more Chuck Norris Jokes.

Frisky Arcanine

Jumpluff Hugger
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011
    I prefer Zekrom; Reshiram has a really strange looking head, and I like the blue flash with Zekrom. I'm not a big fan of either though tbh, I even sort of like Kyurem (the frozen chicken) more. I agree with Zaspien about over design, but I think that's the case for mannnny legendaries. :p

Battle-wise, I didn't really use either so I have no say

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I prefer Zekrom because Reshiram reminds me of a chicken for some odd reason. Other than that, I find Zekrom's overall design much more appealing and 'futuristic'.

Shiny4Etress

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2011
    Changed My Mind

I recently changed my mind, as I now favor Reshiram instead of both. I said before that I liked Reshiram's design but Zekrom's power. I recently learned that by just using fire and dragon moves, you cover every single Pokemon with at least neutral damage except for Heatran with flash fire. However, Turboblaze disables flash fire, so Reshiram is beast! So, um... Reshiram is better. Yeah.:cool:

Years
  • ^ LMAO.

fiyahpowah brotha~

And lol, to be honest, none of the Tao trio look like dragons. Reshiram looks like a furry dog-turkey, Zekrom looks like an angry chameleon in spandex, and Kyurem is some fidgety ice chicken.

But still Reshiram over Zekrom anyday.

Back