• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Resources Section Feedback

Years

Resources Section Feedback

We want to know how you're going with our Resources section!

Use this thread provide feedback or ask questions about this section — what can we do better at, what needs to change, etc.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen yesterday
I'll just say here, if you're going to combine the resources for both Essentials and ROM hacks, potentially both binary and decomp as well, into one forum, have there be a toggle that's easy to see that will let you view either only Essentials-related stuff or ROM-hack-related stuff just so people don't accidentally stumble into something for Essentials when they want to ROM hack and vice versa.

Last edited:
Years
I'll just say here, if you're going to combine the resources for both Essentials and ROM hacks, potentially both binary and decomp as well, into one forum, have there be a toggle that's easy to see that will let you view either only Essentials-related stuff or ROM-hack-related stuff just so people don't accidentally stumble into something for Essentials when they want to ROM hack and vice versa.
That's been built into the banner now!

im_mega

Some guy on the internet.
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen today
I definitely think that ROM Hacking should be split into binary and decomp/disassemblies. Right now the filter for rom hacking shows for both, but there's almost as much of a difference in these resources as there is compared to essentials, really only graphical resources work for both. I don't necessarily disagree with the merge but as somebody who only wants code/tools for the decomps specifically, it's a lot less easy to find whatever I need.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I definitely think that ROM Hacking should be split into binary and decomp/disassemblies. Right now the filter for rom hacking shows for both, but there's almost as much of a difference in these resources as there is compared to essentials, really only graphical resources work for both. I don't necessarily disagree with the merge but as somebody who only wants code/tools for the decomps specifically, it's a lot less easy to find whatever I need.

Have you seen what happens when you click Filter on the forum page? There is indeed a decomp tag, and many others. The two in the banner are just presets (though maybe we could do with showing it there too).

That said, there are only two decomp resources in this section right now, since decomps don't really lend themselves to specific tools (porymap aside) or patches. Most of the decomp-related things on PC are tutorials and remain in their own section.

Last edited:

im_mega

Some guy on the internet.
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen today
Have you seen what happens when you click Filter on the forum page? There is indeed a decomp tag, and many others. The two in the banner are just presets (though maybe we could do with showing it there too).

That said, there are only two decomp resources in this section right now, since decomps don't really lend themselves to specific tools (porymap aside) or patches. Most of the decomp-related things on PC are tutorials and remain in their own section.

Ahh, I see. I thought that the tutorial section was also merged and when I couldn't find anything from that section here, I thought it was a problem with the filters. Makes sense, thanks!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
I like that some sections are combined, since there are several graphics who can be used in both romhacks and fangames. But I see no point for scripts/tools, since few script/tools can be used on both, I guess that this is more about completeness.

My first thought when I saw the banner was to click on code, image and music icons XD

your Gen 3 devamp sprites for both ROM hack and Essentials users, for example, could be tagged with essentials, devamp, rom-hacking, gba, etc. Don't worry about going overboard — it makes it easy for others to find your resources! (Though keep in mind that moderators may remove irrelevant tags.)
I have my doubts if fill a generic thread with a lot of tags is the best approach, specially since this is (apparently) more error prone (from both from users and moderation). I belive that generic sections are better for users to post and find generic resources, specially tools.

Back