• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Retro games revisited

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    I was at a games shop one day when I found 'Super Mario Land' preowned. So I bought it and had a go. It was nice to hear the old bleepy music again.

Does anyone remember an old classic game? And any favourite moments? It can be any game you want, any format.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2011
    Duck tales,gameboy version,the memories will never die and lets not forget mario and sonic games,and street fighter II,

enyce

banned
    Years
    Megaman X (the first one). It was the very first Megaman game, that I didnt suck at. I played 1 and 2 (of the original MM), before this one. I have to say, I enjoyed it a lot. Then I got into the series even more. Megaman X is one of my favorite series. Although, I still think it started to suck, around X5. X8 was decent but, X5, X6, and, X7 were horrible games. They were a disgrace, to the MMX series. X7 failed with the 3D system.

While X5 and X6, tried to do everything at once. Of course, and fail horrible at attempting so. Megaman and Bass wasn't so bad either. I didn't suck at that. It is probably the only one, of the original MM games. That I beat.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Well sweeties, me playing Super Mario Bros the first time was an exciting and fun time for me. ^^ I remember like it was yesturday. Playing on my uncle's NES, trying to get to World 5. XD I was like only...3? XD

Another moment I remember was me beating Metriod the first time. XD It didn't stun me that Samus was a female, the only thing I cared about was killing the Mother Brain. XD Man she was annoying. She cheated with those rings!

One more moment I hold dear, first time playing Pokémon Yellow. x3 Hehe, all I wanted to do was "be like Ash." XD Man was that a bad move! XD I didn't evolve my Pokémon or anything. XD Still pwned though, but all change when I got Gold. ^^

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Ah, Jeremy, I have Mario All-stars. I got as far as World 8-2 in Super Mario Bros. (using warps, of course) but I always got killed at the first part with the koopas and lakitu. <curses at SNES>

My other faves include Mario World, Sonic 1 & 2 and Street Fighter. They are still great games.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    Pole Position. I used to be SO adicted to that. I found a Pole Position machine at a Mexican restaraunt/biker bar near my house and I still love it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    I like Final Fantasy I. I play it in my Famicom Jr.. Have any one here played FFI and do you like it? I play Zelda 1 and 2 sometimes, but my save file is deleted if I play too seldom.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I like Final Fantasy I. I play it in my Famicom Jr.. Have any one here played FFI and do you like it? I play Zelda 1 and 2 sometimes, but my save file is deleted if I play too sI'm planing on playing the original Final Fantasy (and all the other pre-VII) beforeeldom.
    the release of FFIII for the DS.

~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~, Super Mario RPG they must do!

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2006
    You kids are so cute. SNES retro, indeed. :P

Zork, maybe. If only console games, then Space Invaders. I still have my Atari somewhere...

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    Zork! I have that on my computer, Zork1, 2 and 3. It's a difficult game, it's only text. Sometimes the game doesn't know what you are writing to it.
    About Space Invaders, did you know Satoshi Tajiri played that game much.

Years
    My oldest memories go to Adventure and Video Pinball on my Atari 2600. (Actually, I had the Atari VCS, before they renamed it 2600.)

Adventure was both simple and complex. In level design, it was simple, but some of the puzzles were pretty hard to beat without dying a couple times.

For Video Pinball, it was just fun playing Pinball on my TV. It was easy to play too, as there weren't hundreds of bumpers.

Back