• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Return of the Time Capsule?

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    I'd rather this to the damned Pal Park >___> You can trade your Pokemon back from Isshu but they can't have anything from that Region, even Ribbons?. I like it anyway. Another question I have is; How will the GTS trading work with this game and DPPtHGSS?

Obviously PKMN B.W will work off of different servers

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
    I think that theyll do something compleety new so no time capsle

NatureKeeper

Obviously PKMN B.W will work off of different servers

Then this is a catastrophe. We can already redirect Nintendo's server to any other GTS custom server at our own will. If we discovered B&W's server directory....

That'd be a catastrophe if somebody did it with DP.

On topic, Trading between Gen V and IV is confirmed to compatible and will be trading and battling which each other normally (Of course not with Gen V Pokémon.), similar to what happens in II and I. DPPtHGSS will still have their own Wi-Fi servers, and we are unaffected. Which means, there is a chance that there is a building. 'The Diamond and Pearl Building' which is enter-able if we have Pokémon that:

Do not carry B&W-exclusive ribbons.
    Do not carry B&W Moves.
    Do not carry B&W Items.
    Are not in new B&W Formes.
    Are not introduced in Generation V.
    Aren't Bidoofs.

The abilities won't matter since they are determined by the PID and\or class And if a Pokémon goes to a version that the Pokémon is even not the same, and goes back, the ability is the same in the main game. So, no. A Pokémon's ability will be the same if traded to a Gen IV then back to a Gen V game.

This of course may result into the implementing of an NPC that takes Ribbons away, or just confiscates them.

This is one. The other one is a new note in the Pokémon Centre:

We are terribly sorry. The other trainer is from a region that doesn't recognize some of either your Pokémon, their moves, their items or their Ribbons. Please fix these Isshus issues and try again.

This is for the battling an trading directly. My speculations for Wi-Fi.

Direct Wi-Fi:

Did anybody see the HGSS Wi-Fi? It has two sections, the DP system and the PtHGSS system. I bet in B&W we will have 2, the Gen IV and the Gen V sections. When you attempt to battle or trade with Gen V Pokémon, Moves or Items on hand, It'll show some messages. This is for example a trade between the RSE Remakes and the GSC Remakes

May failed to respond... --> SoulSilver

The other trainer is from a region that doesn't recognize some of either your Pokémon, their moves, their items or their Ribbons. Please fix these issues and try again. --> 'Magma'Ruby

This is probably what will happen.

GTS:

1- The Diamond and Pearl Area thingy
    2- A simple choice in the GTS:

*Some button pressed.*

Would you like to trade with Sinnoh or Johto trainers? Yes\No

If No --> Continue in the Isshu GTS normally.

If Yes -->

You get the DPPtHGSS GTS Menu, and if you attempt to put a Gen V Pokémon and\or Gen V moves and\or Items:

The other regions don't recognize some of either your Pokémon, their moves, their items or their Ribbons. Please fix these issues and try again.

Just as simple as that.

This whole Isshu thingy is an Issue.

Speculation belongs to me, and only me, 11:28 GMT, 05\27\2010.​

Last edited:

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    I could see the return of the Time Capsule happening. At least in some form. It may not be called the Time Capsule, anymore, though. At least I don't think. I could be wrong. Hard to say not knowing, right?

Not viable at all. The DS and DS lite store a small amount of stuff to the RAM that persists while the battery is still able to power the DS, but that stuff disappears instantly when the battery is removed. And typically, that space is used to store DS settings.

Sure, you could take advantage of the DSi's internal memory, but what about DS users? (Though it'd be bigger incentive to use the 3DS.)

The Time Capsule or even a standard trade center would really be the way to go.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...the 3DS was just an April Fools Joke. There will be, however, a game coming out for DSi Ware called Hidden 3D Image. Can't wait. Japan already has it, can't wait for it to come out in the US. :D

Years
    I could see the return of the Time Capsule happening. At least in some form. It may not be called the Time Capsule, anymore, though. At least I don't think. I could be wrong. Hard to say not knowing, right?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...the 3DS was just an April Fools Joke. There will be, however, a game coming out for DSi Ware called Hidden 3D Image. Can't wait. Japan already has it, can't wait for it to come out in the US. :D
    I don't know what you are smoking but Nintendo 3DS is real. I believe that there will be a new version of the time capsule.

Dragonika

Isshu Region Champion
    Years
    How amazing woul it be if you could just get an aeroplane from the new isshu region to say .. johto or kanto hoenn or even sinohh :D

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...the 3DS was just an April Fools Joke.

Are sure? If so that was one wide spread, fluffed out joke. I mean it was
    hardly just announced on one website, it was on loads and even in gaming magazines.
    Gizmodo
    Kotaku
    So shoot me, I cited Wikipedia

EDIT: I just googled it being an april fools joke and it turns out that that was the joke. As in them saying it was a joke was a joke.

Manganum

Your local sine wave
    Years
    Inter-Game Trading

I just thought of something that nobody seems to have given any notice to. How are we going to be able to trade our special buddies from D/P/Pt/HG/SS over to B/W? Do you think there will be some kind of Time Capsule, like from G/S/C? Maybe a new device?

Post your thoughts :)

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    It's on the DS, I think we can exspect full compatability! Except maybe some pokemon might not be able to be traded into the older games... other then that im sure it should work :D

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    A Time Capsule, obviously. :D
    Well I wouldn't say that...! The time capsule isn't really needed because like i already stated, both games are on the DS and im gussing there should be full compatability excluding trading gen 5 pokemon to gen 4 games...! The time capsule was created because the gameboy colour games were not compatable with red, bule and yellow... gameboy games! And anyway didn't they already scrap the time capsule and bring in the Pal Park? The pal park is supposed to be the counterpart of the time capsule right...? (thats what i read on bulbapedia...!)

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    It's one generation away. Maybe it's time capsule to avoid new Pokemon crash older generation game.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Well I wouldn't say that...! The time capsule isn't really needed because like i already stated, both games are on the DS and im gussing there should be full compatability excluding trading gen 5 pokemon to gen 4 games...! The time capsule was created because the gameboy colour games were not compatable with red, bule and yellow... gameboy games! And anyway didn't they already scrap the time capsule and bring in the Pal Park? The pal park is supposed to be the counterpart of the time capsule right...? (thats what i read on bulbapedia...!)

Uh...No. The Time Capsule was built so that you couldn't trade a GSC only Pokemon into RBY and get a glitch Pokemon. =|

Shinjiro

Secret Request Helper.
    Years
    Time Capsule? That's sure is weird. But maybe there will be a New Device! Lets see....
    Maybe a Car? e can't have it but maybe we can ride on it! Maybe...
    And Mew~ Your signature make me feel good. :)

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    It's on the DS, I think we can exspect full compatability! Except maybe some pokemon might not be able to be traded into the older games... other then that im sure it should work :D

I don't expect them to connect to the new games.

Ronin

Lazlo Woodbine’s apprentice
    Years
    Either a time capsule or a new "inter regional trading service" to allow you to trade with different regions, in any case they will have something. The only thing I'm wondering about is if you will be able to trade straight away or will it be unlocked later in the game like GSC, I suspect many will disagree with me but I'm hoping for the second option as I like having to work for things (adds more worth to it when you do get it).

JakeG

Pokemon Awakening-Coming Soon!
    Years
    Either a time capsule or a new "inter regional trading service" to allow you to trade with different regions, in any case they will have something. The only thing I'm wondering about is if you will be able to trade straight away or will it be unlocked later in the game like GSC, I suspect many will disagree with me but I'm hoping for the second option as I like having to work for things (adds more worth to it when you do get it).
    No I agree, I never trade my Pokemon over until I finnish the game.

And I think it will be just like HG/SS and D/P/Pl trading but you can't trade Gen V Pokenon to older games.

Back