• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Return to Hogwarts

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    'That's Hogwarts?' Zameena asked, astounded.

'... Ho... Ly... Crap... NO WAYY!!' She shouted, sticking her head out the window, getting a better look at the magnificent castle.

'NO FREAKING WAY!! DUUDE THAT'S INSANE!' She seemed more excited than ever now. A big school like that... And with some guys she thought were pretty good-looking, too! She took a dreamy sigh, anxious to get out of the carriage...

'Imagine all the successful people that have come from this school... Imagine what I can do with all this!' Which is when it struck her...

'... What CAN I do here? What kind of a job would I get after graduating from Hogwarts?...' She asked herself.

'The money?... Ah well... Look at the school! AHHHH!!' She shouted aloud in excitement. Luckily, the carriage finally stopped, and it was time to get to the castle.

'Nice to meet you, but I think I'll get going... I'll see you around, maybe?' Zameena said, taking a last look at the blonde. She wasn't very ditsy. She wasn't too agressive... She seemed like the type of person she could talk to. And since Tamica was Zameena's age, it made things all the better... Different year, but same age, none the less.

She took a stroll through the doors of the castle, following the mass of students wherever they went. She ended up in a beautiful room, with many large tables set up. Zameena managed to find Rehan following Lia, who took a seat beside her, so anxiously, she ran to Lia and Rehan.

'WHERE'S PATCHES!?' Was the first thing she shouted...

'Uhh... I thought he was with you?'

'NOOO!!'... Now she was just looking for an excuse to scream, to get the excitement out of her system.

'Ah well... He's smart, he'll find us! He's come with me here for the past 5 years... And it's happened before. He'll find his way to one of our rooms tomorrow.' Rehan said, assuringly.

'So... Can I sit here?' Zameena asked. It seemed as if everyone was taking a seat at specific tables, so she wasn't quite sure.

'Wait... Didn't you sail here with Professor Gildenvan? He should have been guiding all of the first-years here...' Zameena could only give Rehan a blank stare.

'Ohhhh, I thought the kids were sailing 'cause of they were too young or something!'

'Well, get used to it... You're going to be having alll of your classes with 10-year-olds... You knew you're magically inclined, you should have taken the opportunity to come here, earlier!' Rehan said, as if he was scolding her.

'Bah, it's weird! Whatever, I'm here now... Yippee... The castle is SO worth it though...' She couldn't help but grin.

'There he is,' Rehan stated, pointing to a man standing outside the door of the Great Hall, a flock of young students behind him.

'Now go find him, wait with all the other kids, and wait to get sorted...'

'Sorted?' Zameena asked promptly.

'That's right, the talking hat...' He responded with a grin. She rolled her eyes, and walked out behind the door of the great hall reluctantly, waiting for the other first-years.

Last edited:

water&icepower

Specialty Trainer
    Years
    Seeing the castle becoming larger when Jeremy looked out the wind ow of the carriage, it had suddenely and abruptly stopped causing him to jerk back and hit his head against the seat. The doors had opened and he saw Rehan and Lia get out as well as the new girl that they had met in the carriage. He heard Lia calling him and informing him that they had arrived.

He jumped out of the carriage and looked around him. The maginifcent castle stood beforehiseyes. ITs tall towers beamed on him with shining lights from inside. It was good to be back and he felt as if he was home. Afterall, this was more of home then back with his parents. He made his way into the castle and saw the Ravenclaw Table. He attempted to sit down when somone had smacked his back really hard. "EY JER!... WHERE WERE YOU ON THE TRAIN?," the voice had said. 'Jer' was what his close friends had called him.

He turned around and faced the whole Ravenclaw Quidditch Team standing before him. The captain, Edward, had gave him a 'brotherly' hug as they called it. "Oh, I went and met some new people and sat with them because i couldn't find you guys," he relied.

"Well, Its good to see you again man, and be ready tomorrow cause we're all practicing early," Edward said seriously.

"I will, don't worrry. You know you were the one who got me into Quidditch," Jeremy said assuringly. Edward laughed and they all sat down together to wait for the first years to march in.

He looked down at the table and saw the quiet blonde girl, that he saw in the carriage. 'I didn't know she was in Ravenclaw,' he thought to himself.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    OOC: water&icepower, the only blonde character I'm playing is a third year Hufflepuff. Her name is Tamica. The one in your carraige has short brown hair with red dyed tips. She's the quiet one and her name is Natalia.

BIC: Tamica smiled at Zameena as she left, and moved to sit with her friends at the Hufflepuff table.

She laughed and looked around at the empty seats. Yup, there were all of her friends. Chiisai pounced up onto her lap and began chewing on her robes. She admonished him and stroked his ears until he calmed down.

"Please," she whispered to her friend. "I'm not in the mood, Chiisai. I'm really tired tonight."

~~~~~~~~~~

I looked about anxiously, awaiting the sorting to begin. Professor Gildenvan brought the line of first years in and set the stool down. he old Sorting Hat went down atop it. Trilla smiled and giggled in my mind. She loved the sorting hat. It was her favorite part of the first night at Hogwarts.

Dark Night

Skitsofrantic all out runner!!
    Years
    Yes! Somebody sat down by me! Now I have an excuse to ingnore Eon. "Hey Zameena! You guys lost Patches?! That's real nice of you!" I told her. "Sorry Eon, I'm trying to have a conversation with them" I told him a bit rudely.

Oh man! I'd forgotten to tell her she needed to go in the boats! Nice one Lia! "OH! I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you that you needed to go in the boats since your a first year. I'm sorry!" I apologized to her. It's nice if the first years know where they're going. "Good luck! Hope you get Gryffindor!" I yelled to her as she walked off.

Eon interupted me again, and started talking some more. "Just leave me alone Eon! I'm busy!" I yelled. "Aren't you going to introduce me to your new friends?" He asked. "Um... yeah, you should know Rehan, he's the same year and age as you. The girl that was here was his sister." I said, getting incredibaly annoyed.

Years
    'Yeah, hey Eon...' Rehan said, with a sketchy voice... Between this guy and Alicia, Rehan was wondering why he hadn't seen so many nut-cases at Hogwarts before this year.

'Zameena must've brought them all with her...' He thought to himself with a chuckle.

'Ahh, I can't wait for the sorting to finish! I want to EAT!!' He said with anticipation, waiting eagerly to begin the feast. He watched Professor Gildenvan bring in the line of first years, finding Zameena, nervous like all the other first-years... Most of which appeared to be a foot shorter than Zameena.

'Oh god... The talking hat...' Zameena muttered to herself with disdain, as she watched the Hat sit atop the stool.

Dark Night

Years
    Schoocha sat up from chewing on his bone to watch the first years come in. He watched them intently like they were all T-bone steaks. I looked down at him and could've swore that I saw drool coming down the side of his mouth. I gave a small little laugh at this. I picked him up and set him on my lap. "There, now you can see them better."

Ha! I wasn't the only one that thought that way about Eon! "So, there you go. Eon, Rehan, Rehan, Eon. Now lets watch everyone get sorted!" I was finally able to shut him up!

"Oh be patient, it shouldn't take that long!" I scolded Rehan. "Besides, you should be happeir about seeing your sister put into a house rather than think of food!" "Though it is pretty good. All that delicous, hot, steaming food. The pumpkin juice, the pumpkin pasties, and my fav. cauldron cakes!" I told him, tuanting him. That's what he gets for not waiting, now he can think of all that good food for a while. After thinking of that, a small smirk appeared on my face.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    The Sorting Hat gave a small stir. Silence filled the room. With a small cough, the rip near it's brim opened wide like a mouth, and that old hat began to sing.

Long ago, in a distant time,
    I started to sing this little rhyme.
    The school was fresh and shining new,
    None of the students were close to blue.
    I sorted students one by one,
    And boy did I ever have fun!
    But then dark magic got the school,
    And kids attending were total fools.
    The school closed down long ago,
    Things were bad, as you all know.
    But five years ago, a man appeared.
    A historical happening neared.
    With a broom and a mop in hand,
    He chased the darkness from our land.
    And now we can start another year,
    And you shall be sorted without fear.
    But for all you younglings, I suppose,
    About the houses, none of you knows!
    Gryffindor is a lovely place to be.
    Bravery and loyalty here is the key.
    To reach the mighty Ravenclaw,
    Have the smarts and follow the law.
    To find your way to Hufflepuff,
    A friendship and a smile's the stuff!
    And to get in Slytherin to forever stay,
    Don't let anyone push you out of the way!
    Now that you know a little more,
    It's time to find where you'll be stored.
    So step right up, be proud, not shy!
    I don't bite, but in your head, I must pry!

Applause filled the room. I couldn't help but giggle a little. Headmaster Zanyte was blushing furiously and giving the Hat a good natured stare.

Now all that was left was to watch the first years get sorted, and then he would speak, and the feast would begin.

Professor Mykal called out the first name. "Adders, Brittany."

The small, mousey haired girl stepped up to the stool and sat down. The Professor plopped the Hat down on her head. After a few moments pause, the verdict was shouted to the entire room.

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

OOC: RT, you can sort Zameena right away, this was just to get things started.

Dark Night

Years
    I smiled at the little ryme. I remebered when I first heard it. I was lucky to be one of the ones to be the first to come back. I looked at our Headmaster. I was incredibaly thankful to him that he started it back up. This is the home away from home now to all the students. I've always enjoyed the Sorting since my first time. It's so nice to see how many new students are comeing each year. Soon, it'll be just like it was in Harry Potter's time!

I turned to Rehan. "You're sister is really close to being sorted. Which house do you Zameena will be put in?" I inquired. "This is so exciteing! Just to see where all of them go!"

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    I stared at the Sorting Hat. I had never before paid it much attention, but now... "Don't let anyone push you out of the way..." It rang true with me again. Something I had already known, but... Perhaps power for power's sake was not such an inglorious cause. After all, why should my prowess be wasted on one task alone? What of after, what of my goals then? What could I do with all I knew? What should I do?

I stared intently at the front of the room, looking at the Sorting, but seeing other things, a vast gangland empire, dominion over a nation... I could make things better for them... Make sure my story was naver repeated. I could be Justice.

Years
    Rehan almost forgot about the food, excited to find out which house Zameena would be in... But honestly, he wasn't quite sure. Her name eventually reached the lips of Professor Mykal, and with racked nerves, she followed the steps that many other first-years had taken before her.

She took off her hair-band, and pulled her hair to one side, taking a seat in the stool, waiting silently... Her first thought;

'It's REALLY a talking hat... Oh-mi-god oh-mi-god oh-mi-god... It's gunna eat me... What if it talks to me? Shhhh What if it hears me! Eeeep! Uhhh.... Lalalalala!' She nervously sang to herself in her thoughts, people from every house flew through her mind, as she reviewed the characteristics of every house.

Gryffindor is a lovely place to be.
    Bravery and loyalty here is the key.
    To reach the mighty Ravenclaw,
    Have the smarts and follow the law.
    To find your way to Hufflepuff,
    A friendship and a smile's the stuff!
    And to get in Slytherin to forever stay,
    Don't let anyone push you out of the way!

The hat prodded around the skull of her head. After a few moments, and a strange sensation was sent down the spine of her back, it became clear to her which house she would be sorted into.

'SLYTHERIN!' The hat shouted.

A look almost of disbelief fell upon Rehan's face. He knew too many people in Slytherin that were not of good company at all... And having Zameena hang out with people like them was not a very comforting thought...

'What do you think, now?' Rehan asked Lia, feeling very uncomfortable now. He may have told Natalia that it was wrong to judge people by their houses, but right now, he could really care less about right-and-wrong.

Reluctantly, Zameena sat back up, and took a look at the table she was appointed to... She saw one familiar, friendly face. Askan.

'Maybe this wasn't such a good idea...' She said aloud, the roar of students too loud to hear herself over... Then again, she remembered what that older student had told the group before, criticizing them for judging him solely by his house. However, if the house had a reputation like this, it would seem credible to see that the student may have been up to something... But remembering Askan, and hoping that he wasn't secretly a psychotic maniac, she hoped that maybe she could give her house a better name... Unaware of if the house even had a reputation. If it did though, she knew she'd do just as the sorting hat said she would; she would let nothing push her out of her way. She hoped she could change the way people viewed all Slytherins, and surely, she was confident that she would.

With a sigh, she took a seat beside Askan.

'Looks like I'm here with you...' She said, feeling uneasy.

'... Anyone you can introduce me to?'

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    OOC: Sorry I'm late! *works weekends* XD;

IC: "I'll see you later, Askan!" Alicia called to me as I jumped out of the carridge and headed towards the Great Hall, leaving her to accompany Caelyn to the Ravenclaw table. After taking a seat at the Slytherin table, I found myself surrounded by the enemy. All I had to do was bear it until this first night was over. Then I had to sleep in the same area as them... yay.

As the ceremony started and continued, a few new additions were added to my table. None of them that particularily looked friendly. Then, I nearly fell out of my seat when I heard Zameena get placed in Slytherin. Even when she came over and sat down beside me, I still had a shocked look on my face. "Uhh..." I started, not sure what to say. None of the Slytherins were particularily nice... not at all.

Years
    Zameena couldn't help but look at Askan with a weird face,

'Uhh... Something wrong?' She asked, feeling more and more akward.

'Could you introduce me to anyone?... What happens now? What do we end up doing? Where do we go? When do classes start? What's there to eat?' The questions kept rambling out of her... She took a deep sigh, and ran her fingers through her hair.

'And my hair is all knotty... Do we have private showers? Or are they like... Ugly? With the curtains in between? Eww...' She shivered at the thought.

'So... Tell me about houses. I'm in Slytherin, so... What does that mean? What does a house do?' It didn't hit her until then; there was a LOT to learn about the witch and wizarding world... Which reminded her...

'... Do you play Quidwick?' She asked, referring to Quidditch.

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
    Throughout the remainder of their trip, Caelyn remained silent, again in deep thought. Askan had said that…that the Slytherins weren't so nice to him and she could only imagine what they do to him. What if they actually hurt him? She was teased, taunted, and everything but she never got hurt.

But then, this isn't exactly Beauxbatons, is it? Anything could happen here.

Time seemed to pass by quickly for her because the next thing she knew, she was following Alicia inside Hogwarts and to what she assumed was the Great Hall. Thankfully, the magnificent sight had successfully managed to divert her attention from her worrying. "This is amazing!" She breathed out, amethyst orbs eagerly scanning the wide room. During her first visit, she only went to the headmaster's office, and that enough was breathtaking for her.

When the Sorting Hat began its chant, Caelyn immediately altered her attention to Zameena. Rehan mentioned that she was in her first year, despite being thirteen, meaning she needed to get sorted. She reasoned that Zameena would be perfect in Gryffindor, since it was supposed have the brave and courageous.

Of course, the result could only astonish her.

Dark Night

Years
    I took in a deep breath as Zameena got onto the stool. I couldn't wait to here what house she would be placed in! Come on Zameena! I was really hopeing she would get Gryffindor.

When the Sorting Hat announced where Zameena would be placed, I almost fell back off the bench. Which I think was the answer Rehan needed from me. Schoocha jumped off my lap as I almost fell over. He was hopeing that Zameena would be walking over here, but instead, she went towards another table, and sat down by Askan. He ran towards Zameena and pawed her leg wanting her too come over and sit with us. I was too shocked to notice really that he had left. "How?! How? Could she be put in Slytherin?!!" I was incredulous! Totally shocked!

water&icepower

Specialty Trainer
    Years
    As soon as I saw Zameena sit on the stool of the Sorting Hat. I payed close attention and eyed the hat with cursiosity as to what it would soon say. 'She seemed pretty nice and cool on the train, thats wnough for a Hufflepuff, but maybe she has the smarts to win Ravenclaw!', I thought excitedly as the Sorting hat began to move its mouth as it was placed on her head.

Slytherin!!??. Why? How? The Slytherin table cheered with pride and clapped their hands as Zameena made her way down the isle to the Slytherin table. 'No way,' I thought to myself. 'How? She was so nice and nothing like a Slytherin would be?', I thought in disappointment in the hat.

((OOC: sorry about that Nagoyaka. i'll pay attention to your characters. I thought you had only one character.))

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    "Oi, oi!" Alicia nudged Caelyn from the seat besideher as Zameena was sorted. "That can't be good, can it? She won't fair well in there, will she? She won't go after my Askan, will she?" Obviously, she was as confused as the rest of us.

"Please, don't ask me so many questions at once!" I exclaimed as I placed a hand on my head, indicating a headache. "Just, everything will be okay, okay?" I tried to assure her. However, the glares I was getting from the various Slytherin's wasn't helping me assure myself. I really needed to talk to her brother later...

Years
    Rehan looked over to Lia... At least he knew he wasn't the only person who was shocked.

'Well... At least she's sitting next to Askan?' He muttered, trying to think of the bright side as other students got sorted. He continued to think as the Ravenclaw table shouted with pride, another student walking to their table.

'... There really isn't a bright side, is there...' A flurry of possibilities sped through his mind. There were too many negative groups in Slytherin for Zameena to get involved in, and Rehan definately didn't want that to happen. It probably wouldn't be long before she'd start talking to that Slytherin that was upset with Lia and Schoocha from earlier... Then what? Then again, it didn't help that Rehan was in a different house... There wasn't much he could do from Gryffindor.

Zameena looked down at Schoocha, a bit irritated by it, but noticed it had a strange look of disappointment on it's face.

'Ah, it's Lia's dog!' She told Askan, although speaking more to herself. It continuously tapped her leg with its paw, gesturing towards the Gryffindor table.

'Sorry...' She said, expressing Schoocha's disappointment, as well. Although, in reality, she knew that she'd be fine in Slytherin... She just needed to figue out what was going on, and meet some people! Surely Askan wasn't the only decent person in her house. Reluctantly, she pet schoocha, and nodded her head towards Lia,

'I'm sure she's waiting for you,' Zameena told Schoocha, indicating that it should probably get back to the Gryffindor table.

Dark Night

Years
    I finally snapped out of the shock. I had heard what Rehan had said and nodded at it. "Yeah, she'll have one good friend there" I added.

I noticed that Schoocha was gone and looked around. I finally saw him pawing at Zameena. I saw him looking over at the table and then at her. I saw her looking at me and got up from the table to go get him.

As I walked over to the Slytherin table and got nasty looks from all those who detested Gryffindors. I went over to Zameena and Akan and got Schoocha. "Hey guys! Sorry about Schoocha Zameena!" I held Schoocha in my arms and started to walk off, then I remembered to congradulate Zameena. "Um...Congrats on getting placed in Slytherin" I told her. "Oh, even though you didn't make Gryffindor, I'll still teach you Quidditch, unless Askan over there would want to."

I walked back to my table and sat Schoocha down. I gave him his bone, but I could still see him looking over at Zameena. The poor thing, he made a new friend and now he's lost one. I bent down and petted him. I sat there watching more students getting placed in their houses.

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
    Caelyn shook her head mutely, pondering. There was no need to worry; surely Slytherins weren't as bad as the others said, right? It would be wrong to judge the whole house based on stereotypes. And she already has a friend there, Askan. With her personality she was sure to gain more friends quickly. "I… I think she'll be fine." She briefly glanced over to the Slytherin table, noting her reaction. Zameeena didn't seem upset or shocked. She confirmed her assumptions with a smile before looking back at Alicia. Well, now that her worries were out of the way, she supposed she could learn more about Hogwarts.

"Um, what do we do after the sorting is finished?"

Years
    'That's alright. If you're still willing to teach me Quidditch, then it sounds like a plan!' Zameena said with a smile. At least she wasn't totally isolated from the students in the other houses... Or even students in other years. A sudden scream roared over the table she was sitting at, as a petite, oriental girl walked over to the table, taking a seat near the end of it.

'So... Did she say anything?' Rehan quickly asked Lia once she sat down, eager to find out what zameena thought of the situation. It was evident that Rehan was very nervous about Zameena's placement, and another student getting sorted into Slytherin only reminded him of what had just happened.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back