• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Return to Hogwarts

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    OOC: LOL... Alicia sounds like... An interesting character. I'm hoping Nat approves of her :D

IC: 'Askan... You and I should play some sports some time! It's so hard to find people to play muggle-sports at Hogwarts... If I'd known you even existed earlier, I would've talked to you a long time ago!' Said Rehan.

'Hmm... Yeah, Quidditch does sound interesting... Maybe I'll try picking it up when I get into the groove of things!' Zameena said happily. She was never really very athletic... Then again, she had never tried to be. Sports would be an entirely new concept to her, just like this this whole new witch and wizarding world. Just a little bit later, another student who appeared to be from Ravenclaw, came into the compartment.

'Wow, things are getting a tad crowded now...' Zameena muttered, looking up at the new student, who introduced himself as a quidditch player on the Ravenclaw team.

'That's neat...' She muttered again, now finding yet another person barge into the compartment, apparently a... Lover to Askan?

'Eww... What a dits!' She scoffed, raising both her eyebrows in amusement.

'Whoaa... A lot going on now. Well, to the guy; Cool, you play Quidditch? Yeah, I figured I recognized you from somewhere. My sister's in her first year, and she's interested in Quidditch... Maybe you could teach her when she gets the chance? Or even you, Lia!' Rehan was glad that Zameena was getting involved instead of standing on the side, waiting for opportunities to come to her... Then again, she was always a driven person.

'Hey, I'll ask someone to teach me when I feel like it! Don't talk for me,' Zameena said, feeling a bit irritated.

'... It would be nice though. Maybe one day soon.' She concluded, looking more at Lia and Caelyn than the new boy. The last-minute-show bugged her, and and Askan's 'lover' didn't quite help matters, either.

'So... Alicia... Bellston? Tell us a bit about yourself...' Rehan started... Not sure if he really wanted an answer.

water&icepower

Specialty Trainer
    Years
    Noticing the sudden entrance by the Ravenclaw he cleared away speedily as he saw that a girl ran up to the other guy who had just asked who he was. "Um, I'm Jeremy Streeton, Chaser for Ravenclaw and 5th year..." he said still shocked at the girl who just sped up and nearly knocked Jeremy away.

Then he noticed something about the girl, 'Hey I've seen her before, she was in one of my classes i think, same house and same year,' he thought to himself while he watched her cuddle against the Slytherin. It was actually quite annoying to see this rude girl just barge in and show her affection to some person in front of everyone.

Realizing that the student, Rehan had spoken to him, he faced him and another small girl that seemed really quiet.

"Cool, you play Quidditch? Yeah, I figured I recognized you from somewhere. My sister's in her first year, and she's interested in Quidditch... Maybe you could teach her when she gets the chance?"

He smiled at the quiet girl assuringly. "Sure I'd be happy to teach Quidditch to an interested person." If she makes Ravenclaw, I'd be able to recommend her for the team, right now we're looking for a seeker. She seems small and agile enough," he said smiling confidently at her.

Last edited:

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
    The next few minutes that came were… unexpected, no that didn't even do justice to what just happened. In any case, the arrival of a boy—Jeremy Stretton, as he introduced—made her jump slightly from shock. Caelyn's eyes again instinctively fell to the ground, and that anxiety returned. She was getting really annoyed at herself, at this point. She should have at least gotten used to others' presence by now. So, in an attempt to gain more confidence, she lifted her head forcefully and beamed at the newcomer, Jeremy.

"Hello—" But she was interrupted (she sighed inwardly; it was a pattern, she noticed, whenever she tried speaking up) when a rather energetic girl leaped onto Askan, literally, and started cuddling against him. At this, Caelyn giggled a tad loudly, albeit she had been trying hard to stifle it with her hands.

Softly, she tugged on Askan's robes, head tilted in her I'm-confused position. "Is she your best friend, Askan?" She remembered him saying something about being best friends with someone from Ravenclaw and she wondered if it was her. Although, she was fairly certain that he said it was a 'him'.

Years
    'Thanks!' Zameena said happily, taking the 'small and agile' comment as a compliment.

'Ahaha, Yeah... That's one pretty close best-friend...' Rehan laughed, looking directly at Askan and Alicia. The room appeared to be a little awkward now... Not knowing what to do, and being in a good mood after hearing the compliment, Zameena dug through her luggage, all bundled nicely together, ready to leave as soon as the whistle blows, and found a book she could read until the time came to leave, 'The Standard Book of Spells, Grade One'. At this point, she just wanted to keep herself busy. She had met enough people for now to know anyone, no matter which house she was sorted into... Except for Hufflepuff. After reading the first half of the first page, it was time for anothe question...

'Guys... How are people sorted into houses?' She asked.

'Well...' Rehan started,

'There's a talking hat called the Sorting hat. It's placed on your head, and the hat decides which house you're most suitable for!' Zameena giggled,

'Nice... But no, seriously. How?' Rehan gave her an unamused stare.

'... Really. A talking hat. I'm not sure how it decides what house to sort people into... But it does. The characters of some houses just tend to have particular traits. Does anyone else know how to answer in more detail?' Rehan looked hopefully at the rest of the compartment. Surely someone would know.

water&icepower

Specialty Trainer
    Years
    Jeremy laughed heartedly at Zameena's sarcasm and Rehan's seriousness. "Actually your brother is telling the truth. The Sorting Hat, is what its called. It's an old mangy hat that has many patches on it and has the ability to speak. Its job, however is to determine what house each student should be placed in. Before it starts sorting however, it always sings a song or recites a poem explaining in breif detail the different houses and their founders," he explained.

"There are 4 houses and each was founded by the one of the four founders of Hogwarts. They are Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. As you can see, each house is named by the founders' last name." He paused and took a deep breath.

Each House has some obvious traits that create differences between them. Gryffindors are known for their bravery, daring attitude, and tendency to break the rules. Hufflepuffs are known for their kindness and most are very hard-working. Ravenclaws, yours truly, are known for their wit and intelligence. Lastly Slytherins, are known for their ambitiousness and slyness, in other words, sneaky. Depending on your traits and personalities, the Sorting Hat will sort you into one of these houses."

Realizing that he had explained alot and spoke like a Professor himself, his face reddened as he said, "I think you get the drift by now...," he said as he smiled sheepishly.

Last edited:

Dark Night

Skitsofrantic all out runner!!
    Years
    Schoocha yet again started barking as soon as a boy from Ravenclaw came in. Then started yipping and growling when another girl from Ravenclaw started yelling and jumped on Askan. "Shoosh, Schooch!" I scolded him.
    I looked over at Askan and the girl next to him. I thought it was pretty rude of her just barging in here like that. I almost felt like I was going to puke seeing them.

I was looking at the boy when he mentioned he was on the Ravenclaw Quidditch team. That's where I knew him from!

At the mention of me training Zammena at Quidditch I perked up a bit. "Yeah, if she makes Gryffindor, I'd be glad to help her!" I said rather happy. I was just happy to be able to get back on the feild.

"So, you're on the Ravenclaw team, I knew I'd seen you around before." I told Jeremy. "You think you guys are going to do better this year"

Whoa! Jeremy sure can talk, but I guess I can as well. "Yeah, it's a talking hat that tells you were it thinks you should go." I told Zammena.

water&icepower

Specialty Trainer
    Years
    Jeremy noticed that the other student spoke to him annd summed up what he had just said in his long, speech-like explanantion of the Sorting Hat and Houses. He faced her and smiled. She was in Gryffindor, he could tell by her robes. She seemed sporty-like and seemed competitive being what she had just said to him.

Then he realized that he had seen her before also, on the Quidditch Pitch during a game with Gryffindor vs. Slytherin, the usual. "I've actually seen you before too, during a game... And I know we'll do better this year," he added competitively yet beong playful as well.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    "Alicia? My best friend?" I repeated Caelyn's question, to make sure I hadn't heard it wrong. "No, no, I was talking about Jeff. I guess you could consider Alicia my friend, she does seem to tag along a lot..."

"I don't tag along, Jeff invites me!"

"I know, that's why I referred to it as 'tagging along.'" I sarcastically argued. Jeff only invites her everywhere because he thinks we make a cute couple. "Speaking of Jeff, have you seen him at all, Alicia?"

"Uh... actually..." Alicia began her reply as she began playing with her hair. She only did that when something was wrong. "He... transferred. I don't know where, but that's what I was told."

I didn't give a responce to that. Why wouldn't he tell me if he was transferring? Ah well, I'd figure it out someday. It wasn't long before Alicia caught me looking at Caelyn. Probably should of refrained in her presence. She was a bit... posessive. "So, who are YOU?" Alicia asked, before continuing her interrogation with "I'm watching you."

Following this, her personality did a little bit of a spin as she began to answer any questions she was asked. "Like Askan-honey introduced me as, I'm Alicia Bellston, and I'm a 5th year in Ravenclaw. I was born and raised in New York, America, and my hobbies include reading and Quidditch, although I'm afraid I'm not very good."

People were talking to me as well, but Alicia always gives me full hands. She has a very hyper, childish nature, so watching her and keeping her out of trouble is a chore.

Years
    'Well... Let's hope that's the weirdest it'll get. A talking hat? Sounds like something out of a low-budget cartoon...' She concluded, glancing down at her book, until she heard Lia and Jeremy start talking about quidditch once again.

'See Rehan, this is an interesting sport... Not like soccer. Watching soccer is like watching a bunch of grown men chasing after a ball of cow-hide...' Zameena stated, then heard Alicia's comment... Apparently, she played Quidditch too. Zameena was definately not fond of this girl. Not only because she barged into the compartment, but... Her personality was just waayyy too bubbly for Zameena.

'Now I REALLY want to play Quidditch, just so I can beat this girl to the ground...' She muttered under her breath, listening intently to what the girl had to say. Rehan gave Zameena a quick nudge, barely hearing something about beating someone to the ground. She gave him Mischievous smirk, and turned back to the group as she continued to listen.

'Do you play for Ravenclaw, too?' Rehan asked Alicia, hoping to find at least a morself of sanity in what appeared to be a very obsessive girl.

Dark Night

Years
    I was glad to hear that Jeremy thought his team would do well. Gryffindor;s needed more competition than just the Slytherins. "That's good to hear! I'm tired of playing against just the Slytherins." I told him.

As I was listening to the girl, who was apperntly from Ravenclaw, Alicia was starting to get on my nerves. People so hyper active and annoying got a little under my skin.

Hearing what Zameena said made me feel alot better. At least I wasn't the only who thought that about her. "Hey, even if you don't make Gryffindor I'll still help you, so you can beat her to the ground!" I whispered to her. A little too loud, maybe.

Last edited:

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    "Forget about it," I said, somewhat shortly. I had been inordinately emotional all day and didn't appreciate the intrusion into my thoughts. I aded, "I'll see you in class, Natalia. Have a good evening." I stepped into a seperate compartment and sat down, awaiting the seopping of the school train.

What posessed me to talk to anyone, let alone her? I wondered. I didn't precisely dislike her, but she wasn't the type of person I would consider telling anything, let alone THAT.

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
    Caelyn had been listening intently to Jeremy as he explained the houses to Zameena; she was fairly clueless, as well. Her knowledge about Hogwarts was limited to the books she read, and she wasn't even sure if most of them were accurate.

After that, Askan answered her question, claiming that Alicia wasn't his best friend. But in spite of Askan's rather exasperated look, they seemed really close. A small smile formed on her face as she watched Alicia, marveling at her enthusiasm and vivacity. Perhaps, if she could befriend her…

"So, who are YOU?"

Lost in thought, Alicia's question startled her, making her jump a bit. She panicked suddenly, cheeks a tint of pink. She barely met her, and yet she seemed to be rather angry with her already. Had she done something wrong? Maybe she said something wrong…but then she never even spoke to her yet. Her lips parted automatically, and she was about to apologize for whatever it was she did. However, Alicia's mood suddenly changed and now she was introducing herself to the others.

She couldn't help but feel lost.

Dark Night

Years
    I saw Caelyn jump as Alicia asked her a rather rude question. Poor thing, she was knew here and yet she was constantly being bothered! Her self-confidence surely couldn't have grown much after all the fuss on the train.
    I turned to her and tried to talk to her. "Hey, don't worry about her. She's just a little strange is all." I tried to reasure Caelyn. "Besides, she's just jealous becuase she saw Askan looking at you. Just relax and try not to think to much about what's happended." I told her.

Figureing that I should be nice, outloud, I introduced myself to her. "Hi! My name's Lia, I'm from Gryffindor. I play on the Quidditch team. Nice to meet you Alicia." I told her. She's really different, really, interesting. I thought to myself.

Last edited:

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    OOC: Yeah, that's fine, David. You can, of course, have another character. I think I'll be introducing one myself... Next post, though, I need ice cream...

BIC: I winced and sat down, a single tear slipping down my cheek. I'd upset him. Pulling my knees to my chest, I whined softly.

Dang it... Why did I always have to be such an idot?!

My head flopped onto the tops of my knees, silent sobs racking my small form. "I'm sorry," I whispered to the no longer exsisting Leito. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I'm sorry..."

Trilla licked my hand in an attempt to calm me. I shoved her away angrilly. "Stop it!" I cried, my voice as angry as my action. "I just ruined my one shot at a decent friendship at Hogwarts. Now, I'll spend my last two years here alone. Isn't that enough for a few tears?!"

Trilla looked very hurt at my explosion. I sighed and scratched her ears, feeling like a deflated balloon. "I'm sorry, Trilla. I seem to be stepping on toes all over the place today..."

I looked her over for a moment. "The ivory handled knife is still in the trunk, isn't it?"

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    OOC: Okay, thanks. I'll add a seperate sign up to my first post for her after I'm done with this.

IC: "Sorry to disappoint you, but like I said, I'm not that good. I never made the team." Alicia muttered with an extremely bitter tone. Apparently, she had overheard what the other two had been talking about. I was basically shaking my head, while looking at the ground at this point. Then I overheard someone accusing me of looking at Caelyn, and I turned bright red and began twiddling my fingers. I had a shy side too, most people do.

Things weren't all that bad though. Despite how she was acting, I could tell she was trying to be friendly with them. She just does it a bit... differently. She does have a calm, rational side, but looking at her now you'd think it was impossible.

Dark Night

Years
    Oh man! I should've never said anything. I hate to have people sad! "Oh, well, with a bit more practice I bet you could make the team!" I told Alicia, trying to make things right.

Great Lia! You're just helping people out everywhere! First Leito and now Alicia. I'm just terrific! I scolded myself. At least I've made some new friends here though, Dan would've been real happy about this!

I listened to everyone continue to talk and pulled out a bone for Schoocha, I could tell he was getting restless. I watched him bite and chew on it and was happy that we were close to Hogwarts, things were getting a bit tense in here.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Sorry! But, when do we get to Hogwarts?

~Ozy~

Years
    I felt a jolt as the train finally stopped. The sudden motion knocked my head against the compartment door. I stood and rubbed the slowly forming knot at the back of my head before exiting the compartment. I was careful to check that all of my markings were covered by robes before stepping off of the train and into the town of Hogsmeade.

It was misty tonight, and the air chilled enough to make you uncomfortable, but not requiring a cloak. I slipped about the throngs of students, milling towards the carriages or the first-years, trying to find their way to the boats. I arrived at the forefront early enough to find an empty carriage. It probably wouldn't stay that way, but we could hope.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    I saw Leito enter a carriage, alone. Starting in that direction, I suddenly thought better of myself. I slipped by the door, wondering if he'd seen me or not.

Shaking my head, I slipped into another carriage. No one was there. The mist was enough to amuse Trilla as she pounced on imaginary foes within it. I scooped her up and sat her down beside me. The smell of slightly molding straw filled my nostrils.

I looked out at the black horses all around us, attatched to the carriages. Kestrals... I smiled bitterly to myself. Funny how they knew that I'd witnessed death, even if I couldn't remember it.

I pulled my knees to my chest and held Trilla tightly. "Do you think he'll ever talk to me again?"

Dark Night

Years
    I flew back a bit in my seat and was able to stop myself from hitting my head. Schoocha almost choked on his bone. "Finally! We're here, guys!" I was so excited to be back! "Come one guys, let's get going!" I was extremely anxious to get off here, it was really cramped in here.

I walked off the train, almost being smashed by other years trying to get out. When I got out, it was nice and cold. It felt really good compared to the hot, stuffy compartment we were in. Schoocha was squirming to get down, but I didn't want to loose him in the crowd.

I tried finding a carriage that was empty, but they were filling up fast. I finally just picked one. I opended the door and just my luck. It was the girl that had come to the defense of Leito. I wondered why she wasn't with him in the other carriage, but ingnored it. As I got in, I saw that she was hugging her knees. Something must have gone wrong with her and Leito. I got in and sat catty-corner to her. Schoocha sat there chewing his bone, and looked at the fox. That fox really creeped me out! I thought about talking to her, but then decided not to. I sat there for a couple of minutes, then couldn't stand it! "Hey, are you okay, you seem a tad bit down? I want to appologize for being rude to you on the train, it wasn't you, it was Leito. I'm sorry!" I told her, trying to apologize.

~Ozy~

Years
    The carriage soon filled with the noisy, the foolish, the milling masses of magical morons. The ones who failed to embrace true power in learning only the light. I shook my head softly. Where had that came from? I had no attachment to my abilities, only need for them. I looked cautiously to the atane on my belt. It was an artifact of strong Dark Magic, stronger than had been felt in hundereds of years. Or so I had been told by a guide to such relics.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back