• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Return to Hogwarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    As I heard the dog, I growled at its owner, "Shut the thing up. I can hardly center myself with that noise." I vaguely recognized the pair for shopping yesterday. The lot of them looked like they'd never put more than a toe out of line. I heard a few bits and pieces of conversation unintentionally. Ravenclaw. Beauxbatons.

The name rang of home. Home brought back the memories again and I growled to myself. I stepped forward, lifting my face from the shadows and asked the transfer student in flawless French, "What brings you from home, girl?"

Dark Night

Skitsofrantic all out runner!!
    Years
    I was furious at the boy for yelling at me and Schoocha. He didn't have any right to tell me that! Schoocha was just warning me. "My dog is not a thing!" I told him.

"So he was from France?" I thought. I understood a little of it, but not much. Italian was my thing. All I could understand was "Brings you". "Gabadosa!" I muttered under my breathe. This guy was getting on my verves! He was bad news and he needed to back off!

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    I slipped over passivly, Trilla at my heels. "Leito?" I called again, seeing the flash of his robe enter another compartment.

At first, I was slightly hurt, until I heard France mentioned. I could also hear Leito's deep voice speaking the language. I didn't pretend to be well-versed in modern languages. Ancient tongues were my specialty.

I slipped in front of the door of the compartment. "Leito?" I asked again. I reached out to gently touch his shoulder. I was going to say something before thinking better of myself. Leaning rather close to him, I whispered "Exsisto curiosus". Latin for "Be careful". I knew he understood that ancient tongue at least. The next words translated roughly to "I'll be in the compartment."

With that, I slipped back, instructing Trilla to remain there. I really didn't want Leito getting in any trouble. Especially not right away.

Or more than he was already planning on getting in to.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    "Your name..." I said to the strange fellow who had just arrived. I was going to assume that he had been listening in on our conversation. "It's Leito, correct? You're in the same year and house as I, are you not?" Not that I was particularily fond of my house, nor have I really ever talked to him. I just thought it seemed polite to say something.

"What about it is your business?" I replied to his question that was pointed towards Caelyn, in perfect English. I understood French, and spoke it myself. However, I preferred not to speak in French while around others. I was somewhat bitter with all Slytherins. I had a past with them, after all, and it wasn't fun.

Years
    'You're from Slytherin, too? So far you've all been major nutters... I wouldn't be surprised if Askan turned out as one, too, now.' Zameena stated firmly. She was tempted to back up Lia and her dog, but was a bit more interested in seeing where this conversation would go on its own, without interference. It didn't take long for Rehan to remember how delicate Caelyn was. Something told him that someone like her having a conversation with someone like him may not go over so well.

'What's it to you why she's here?' He decided to ask, hoping it would steer the conversation away from her. After seeing how comfortable she was becoming with the group, he didn't want her confidence to take a dive. Zameena made a sour expression, hoping Rehan was just going to stay out of it... So much for that. This already turned into a conflict, so she figured her agression wouldn't do anything, anyways.

'Yeah. She's too good to be talking to low-life gits, like you. And why should this dog be locked up with a mouth-guard on just because of you!?' She said, her voice rising with agitation, sharpening her eyes.

'You're not the only person on the train, y'know. It's a public service. As-in, the world doesn't revolve around you!' She finished, becoming more involved than she had planned.

water&icepower

Specialty Trainer
    Years
    Name: Jeremy Stretton

Year: 5th

Appearence: Jeremy stand at 5'9 and has brown hair that is long and styled in a spiky yet messy hairstyle. His skin is lightly tanned and has blue eyes. He has an athletic build because of his love of Quidditch.

Personality: Both smart and athletic. He is somewhat popular amongst the Ravenclaws being that he is one of the Chasers for the Ravenclaw Quidditch Team. But this however, does not make him conceited or arrogant. He is actually the very opposite, he does not show-off to anyone and thinks that he is 'average' at playing Quidditch and says that he just does his best. But he does not realize that he is actually very good at playing quidditch.

In class, Jeremy loves learning and his favorite class is Charms, taught by the Head of Ravenclaw House. He is very studious in class and always focuses all his attention to the Professor. If he does not understand something, he will always ask the professor after class to go over some of the topics discussed in class that day. The professor would then give him some tutoring and Jeremy would not leave until he completly understood what the Professor was teaching. He would also go to the library if he needed more reference. He is also very helpful and kind towards others.

History: The Strettons are a pure-blood family with a well-known line of Ravenclaws. During his first three years in Hogwarts, Jeremy was very quiet and had few friends. He would always be in the Library wither studying or reading during leisure time. He never really enjoyed Quidditch and had always thought it was dangerous and that it was really only for anooying, conceited jocks. It wasn't until the Ravenclaw Quidditch Captain actually wanted him for the team. Bewildered at this Jeremy at first refused and was shocked at why the captain would choose him. The captain explained that Ravenclaw needed a team before the nearing deadline and that he has seen Jeremy in class and in the library and realizes that he is very dedicated to his studies and thought that Jeremy would be a good addition to the team because of his determination. After a couple of weeks of thought, he reluctantly joined the team. He was tired of always seeing Slytherin, with their arrogant attitude, always winning the Cup. After a a year of Quidditch, Jeremy moved up to the position of Chaser and began seeing the joy and fun of Quidditch and actually loved the game. He had put as much dedication into Quidditch as his studies. He never regretted joining the team after this. His family was also very proud of Jeremy joining the Ravenclaw Team and representing his House with pride.

House: Ravenclaw

Other: Jeremy excels in Charms Class and finds it the easiest class to pick up. Though potions is his toughest subject, he is as dedicated to that as he is to Charms. He also has a white owl for delivering mail to his family and friends.

RP Sample:
    (This is just a sample, therefore I'm using a character made by JK Rowling. I do not intend to use her characters in the RP if I am accepted.)

Jeremy was quietly reading in the library. He was reading An Anthology of 18th Century Charms trying to learn new spells and be ahead of the class.

Suddenly, someone had slammed a book on the table and sat down and opend it. "Studying Stretton?" the person had said. Jeremy looked up and saw that it was Roger Davies, the captain of the Ravenclaw Quidditch team. He gave Roger an annoyed face.

"Oh hello, Davies," he said with annoyance in his voice. "As a matter of fact I am studying and trying to get ahead of the class. I'm living up to the Ravenclaw name, unlike someone..." he said in a bitterly sarcastic tone. But Roger brushed it off and smirked. "Oh someone has quite an amount of wit."

Roger face Jeremy trying to get his attention. "Look Jeremy, you're a fellow Ravenclaw and we shouldn't be quarrelling like this, anyway I came here to tell you that I want you on the team" he said very seriously.

Jeremy was suprised at what Roger had just said, "Team? What Team?," he asked.

"You know bloody well what team I'm talking about," Roger said very seriously again.

"Quidditch!?," Jeremy asked bewildered. "You want me for Quidditch?," Jeremy asked, sarcam still in his voice. Roger nodded firmly.

"Ok Davies you can stop joking," Jeremy said with a smirk on his face.

Roger eyed Jeremy and firmly said, "I'm serious Jeremy."

Noticing this, Jeremy could tell that he wasn't joking and that Roger was really serious. "Ok Davies, but one question, Why me?... out of all the Ravenclaws... Why me?" he said with disbelief.

Roger stated firmly, "Stretton, I've seen you study, I've seen you in class. You're very dedicated to your studies and have a brilliant amount of determination when it comes to academics. Now you might say that that is a common trait amongst Ravenclaws, but you are different. When I see you, you have more determination and ambition than most Ravenclaws and thats why I think you'd be good for the team and dedicated to the team as much as your studies."

Jeremy was still thinkng about what Roger had just said to him. This might be a great new experience for him. Quidditch, everyone enjoyed it, if not playing, watching. Even he himself admitted it. He enojoyed watching Quidditch because of the excitement and competition.

"Let me know, Stretton, but I really would like to have you on the team." Roger then got up and walked away leaving Jeremy in a trance.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    "Oh, thanks." I muttered sarcastically, barely hearable in regards to Zameena's comment. She probably didn't even realize that she had offended me. Of course, I wasn't going to say anything rude in responce, I had no problem with her. I was placed in Slytherin because of my family and heritage, yet I couldn't tell them that. "Uhh... guys? Lets not turn this into a big conflict, okay? We aren't even at school yet, and if an actual fight breaks out, I'm not participating. I'm against violence unless I have no other options. So please, enough!" At this point I was basically hoping things would calm down...

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
    Caelyn felt perfectly uplifted, as if she wasn't this shy, awkward girl that she was. That is, until a newcomer came, growling at Lia. Suddenly she felt so anxious and her gaze immediately fell to the ground, as it had earlier. The guy—Leito, according to Askan— spoke French, impeccably, as he asked her a question and she winced again. Albeit her eyes never left the floor, she parted her lips as an attempt to answer his question, but closed it again, finding that her voice betrayed her.

It had relieved her that the others had answered, but after noticing the building tension between him and the group, she felt uneasy. Her cheeks already felt hot and she could guess it was a deep shade of red by now. It was her fault, practically, that all this started.

With a deep breath, she mustered enough confidence to at least say a few words. "Askan...Askan's right." She whispered, trying to help Askan calm things down.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    I paced my compartment anxiously. I could only imagine what had happened between Leito and the group of kids. I felt the lust nagging at me again. I winced. I had to calm down or I'd find myself in another bad place.

Natalia! Leito's going to get himself in a ton of trouble... Trilla whispered into my head. She allowed me to listen in on their conversation. This kind of thing was very draining on both of us, so I only managed to hear a bit. It was enough for me to realize that they were ganging up on Leito.

Trilla's connection faded away. I knew it wouldn't be back for a few minutes. The period of time between was always agony for me. She was my only friend...

Unless I was allowed to count Leito.

I winced and began pacing again. Should I go to help him? Should I stay here? Even if I went, what could I do? Leito would hate me if I nosed my way in. But, what if he hated me for not helping?

I didn't know what to do. My relationship with Leito was already on shakey grounds, and I didn't want to do anything to upset that with him. After all, he was the first person who's talked civily to me since I started attending Hogwarts four years ago. Now in my fifth year, I didn't think that would change much.

But Leito had...

Could I really just let him be alone in there like that?

With a growl to myself, I went back to the compartment. Slipping in front of the door as though I'd been listening the whole time, I took up a place next to Leito. I said nothing at first, not wanting to upset him.

Finally, I just blurted out a single speel. "If you guys don't want him ganging up on her," I said, pointing to the very shy-looking girl, "then don't start ganging up on him."

The sentence was firm, almost a command, though not yelling by any standards. My cheeks immediatly heated. I wasn't good at this kind of thing. In fact, I hated this kind of thing. Wincing, I made myself seem as small as possibly, standing as close to Leito as I dared.

Suddenly, I feared that I may have angered him...

OOC: Oh, and by the by, water&icepower is accepted.

Last edited:

Dark Night

Years
    I watched as everyone in the room, or at least in our group, was defending Caelyn. I was happy that she had made some friends now. This jerk had just ruinded though! I was trying hard not to let my wolf instincts take in and start a bigger fight, especially after Askan and Caelyn didn't want to turn it into one.

I noticed a girl walk in and realized this was the same girl that had been in Flourish and Blotts. All of a sudden she started yelling at us. "Oh man!" I thought. "I can't let my instinct kick in, I just can't!" telling myself this. Too late! My eyes started to turn and my teeth getting a bit sharper. Schoocha, noticeing what was happening, started barking again. "He was the one who started this whole thing!" I yelled back at her. "He should've just minded his own buisness and left her alone. She doesn't need to talk to a jerk like your boyfriend over there!" These people had made me furious now!

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    "It is rare that I meet people from my homeland," I said cooly, switchig back to heavily accented English. I continued, "I was merely curious as to her purpose. If you wish to condemn me for my house, do so. Do not assume that I will not respond if you continue an agressive course with me, however." My ire was raised at the dog-girl's comment however, I growled sarcastically, "And I do SO appreciate your assumptions about my love life. You can continue if you want my wand shoved up your ****." I spun on a heel and strode from the compartment as I felt the train begin to slow.

Years
    Rehan breathed a quick sigh of relief, and walked into the compartment.

'Now... The train's beginning to stop. I think I'll get changed into my robes. You should, too,' He said, looking over at Zameena... Then realized that the compartment was a little crowded.

'... Do we change in here? Or are there bathrooms or something where we can go?' He asked, confused.

'First time I'm travelling here with a group... It's a nice change.' He concluded, taking a long look at the group in front of him, thinking about the unity he had just witnessed earlier. With a smile, he decided that this year would be a good one.

'He's sort of right... Just because he's in Slytherin... Someone from ... Huffle-hoof or whatever could have done the same thing... And I might have even agreed with them.' Zameena glanced over at Askan,

'Well... He doesn't seem like a bad person... Maybe theres something else about Slytherins... That makes them different. They can't all be jerks. I'm sure there are plenty of bullies in Huffle-hoof and Gryffin-claw... God, I need to start reading again...' She thought to herself, realizing that the names she thought to herself were not the correct ones.

'Besides... whatever to get ahead. Wow... I almost feel bad now... Or not. He WAS a jerk to Lia's dog, no denying it... He's still a selfish twit, I'm fine.' She finally concluded, sitting silently next to the window.

Dark Night

Years
    "OH, you're very welcome!" I responded in the same tone. The comment he made about his wand didn't go over well with me. "Keep walking, you know good Skongejelly!" I yelled back at him. I was going to do something very rash, but decided it wouldn't be a good thing, especailly in front of Caelyn.

My wolf instinct finally calmed down as soon as I felt the train comeing to a halt. "Finally! We're here!" I was extremly happy to be back.

Answering the question," We can take turns in here I guess, one will be in here and the others outside. I need to get my clothes anways." "Yeah, the same with me, it's a real nice change! It used to be just my brother and I"

As I sat back down, Schoocha quit now, I started to think about what Leito had said. What I had said was a bit rash. But he was a total Gobadosa to Schooch! I guess we couldn't condem him for his house. Askan was in the same one, but he's still really different than alot of the other Slytherins I know. I felt bad for acting that way, but not intirely. Some of what I said was totally fine!

Years
    OOC: Do you guys wana skip the details of getting changed and everything? LOL it'll seem kinda repetitive...

'Kay, I'm done, you're turn! *waits for post*'... So yeah, I'll continue on from afterwards. If anyone's got a problem, just PM me, and I can delete this post.

The group was now sitting patiently in the compartment, ready in their school robes.

'So... What sort of things do you guys do, over at Hogwarts? One of you guys was excited to get back to playing Quidditch, right?... I've always liked muggle-sports... Soccer's always been a favorite... Volleyball... Badminton... Even Tennis!' Rehan smiled, recalling the many memories he's had with friends playing sports.

'To be honest, I've never played quidditch...' Of course, a new word had just entered Zameena's vocabulary.

'Kidish? Kwich-di? Kwidich...'

'Yeah, like that sort of. Kwi-Ditch.' Rehan quickly stopped Zameena before she attempted to pronounce the word again.

'So... You guys have sports, too? How do you play Quidditch?' She asked, wanting to suck as much information as she could out of the group before she was thrown out into this new world on her own.

Dark Night

Years
    I sat there listening to Rehan talk about his sports and all the muggle friends he had back home. When I heard that Zameena's never played Quidditch, I had to be the one to tell her.

"Quidditch is the most popular sport that the witch and wizdarding world play." I told Zammena "It's also the best sport there is!" "Okay, to tell you how it's played. It's like Football, except the fact that you play of broomsticks, you can use your hands, and, there are spelled balls, called Bludgers that attack you in the game. You have Beaters, to help the balls stay away from your team, and towards the other team. You have Chasers and the Keeper.You also have someone called the Seeker, who chases after the Snitch. The first team to get the Snitch get 150 points, and when it's cuaght it ends the game. Each house has a team, and we play against those teams to get the Hogwarts Cup. It's really cool!" I informed her of Quidditch.

Last edited:

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    I slunk after Leito, feeling rather bad about what I'd done. In all honesty, I was terrified. Surely he hated me now. There was nothing I could do about that.

I kept my eyes down as I shoved the things I'd taken out of my trunk back in. The train had almost stopped when I finally spoke.

"Leito?" I asked slowly. "I... I'm sorry, all right? I didn't mean for that to happen... I should have kept away, I know that and... and I'm sorry..."

Last edited:

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
    It was true; the fact that there was actually a living soul that would help her out just made her jovial. But, perhaps, they were a bit rude to him? She may not know much about the houses, save for the information she have read in books, but it did seem inappropriate to judge him based on the house he was put it. After all, he was just curious.

Sighing softly, she quietly left the compartment to change into her robes, making a mental note that she had to apologize to him.

When she came back, the others were talking about Quidditch and she couldn't help but smile. She adored Quidditch, surprisingly, and most other sports as well. She may not be so good at it—okay, that was understating it; she utterly sucks at it—but she still liked the games. She wanted to try it out before, but her self-confidence (she doesn't have any) prevented her from joining any teams and the fact that she never used a broom before was a problem.

"I love Quidditch," Caelyn squeaked, after Lia finished explaining to Zameena. The only team she ever actually saw play was the Quiberon Quafflepunchers, a rather famous team in France, and they were amazing. Her nose scrunched when she remembered their shocking pink robes, she never did like pink, before beaming thoughtful at Zameena. "It's really fun."

water&icepower

Specialty Trainer
    Years
    Jeremy changed into his school robes that had the Ravenclaw House Shield embroided on it. He was excited about his 5th year and was determined to ace all of his subjects, even in his weakest, being Potions. This was all in preparation for the O.W.L.S that all fifth years had to take at the end of the school year. Charms wouldn't be a problem being his strongest subject and Professor Kimbal was always very proud of Jeremy excelling in his class.

He was also excited about Quidditch. He had got his new broomstick back in Diagon Alley. It was the successor to the aged Firebolt, and was named the Lightningbolt. Their captain had sent them all an owl saying that the second day of school they would all meet up at the Quidditch Pitch to start practice early. The Ravenclaw team was determined to win this year. They were tired and annoyed that the competition was mainly Gryffindor and Slythrein, usually Slytherin winning the Cup some how, if not known for their sneaky and sly attempts to cheat. They wanted Ravenclaw to be known as a great Quidditch team as well. His favorite international team was the Chudley Cannons and dreamed of one day seeing them in the Quidditch World Cup.

He thought back, it was funny. Back in his third year, he didn't know alot about Quidditch and never really thought about playing in a team but he did enjoy watching it. Back then he was always focused on his academics as a typical Ravenclaw would be, and still puts alot of attention to his academics. It was not until the Ravenclaw captain had asked him to join the team, and he reluctantly did at first. But he did not regret it after a year of Quidditch and began to love Quidditch as a hobby. He became known amongst the Ravenclaws. Random Ravenclaw girls would sometimes flirt with him usually because of his athletic frame and not his personality, being that they didn't know him much. He would just respond and say hello to them in a friendly manner. But he did not flirt back with them. He isn't like other guys his age that would playfully flirt back with them. Inside, he is shy with girls who like him and isn't too confident aroound them. He preferred being friends with them.

After a walk through the compartment isles in which he saw random Slythreins drawing graffiti on a wall, He noticed a couple of students talking about Quidditch in a nearby compartment. He didn't even bother to stop the Slytherins seeing as they were already troublesome enough, what with their arrogance and such. He couldn't help but overhear the conversation of Quidditch. He liked meeting new people and decided to walk in and introduce himself.

He opened the compartment door and saw that they all stared at him because of his sudden entrance. "Hi!..." he said in a freindly tone. "I don't mean to intrude but I couldn't help but overhear your conversation about Quidditch. I'm Jeremy Stretton by the way and I'm on the Ravenclaw Quidditch Team," he said introducing himself. He wondered if they would just keep staring at him, which he hated, or if someone would speak after this.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    OOC: water&icepower, saying that our characters are staring at you is basically powerplaying, which is against the rules. Nobody can dictate what our characters do except for us. ^^;

IC: I don't really think they had noticed, but I had snuck away to my originally compartment to get changed, as well as to grab my bag with all of my belongings. After doing so, I headed back. However, the whole way I felt like I was being watched. I shook off the feeling eventually, and arrived at the compartment once more, the topic of Quidditch floating around.

"I'm not really interested in Quidditch, since I grew up around muggles, so I play mostly muggle sports." I said from just outside the door, as I couldn't get through with the newcomer in the way. "Eh? Who are y- AH!" I was making an attempt to ask who this new person was, when someone jumped on me and sent me to the ground. Please... no. Don't tell me it was... HER.

"Askan, Askan, Askan! I've been looking all over for you!" A girl basically screamed in my ear as she rubbed her head against my chest on the ground. The girl was dressed in Ravenclaw robes, and was at the height of approximately 5'3". She had long, wavy brown hair that flowed halfway down her back, and she was very thin.

"A-a-alicia!" I basically cried as I tried to get her off. I eventually did so, and got to my feet, before sweeping myself off. It wasn't long before she hooked herself onto my arm, and then noticed all of the people in the room before us.

"Who are all of those people? Are you cheating on me!?"

I chose to ignore that comment. We weren't going out, she was just the stereotypical fangirl. I sighed, and began to introduce her to the group. "This is Alicia Bellston. She's a 5th year in Ravenclaw, and sadly, the leader of my fanclub." The club wasn't all that big, maybe four or five girls, but it annoyed me greatly. I had attempted multiple times in the past to get them to disband, but no such luck. The sad part is, Alicia was the most sane of the group.

OOC: Nat, I was wondering if I could introduce Alicia as a second character for me. If not, I'll just use her as a side character. ^^;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back