• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Return to Hogwarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Night

Skitsofrantic all out runner!!
Years
  • "Cool! I'll be happy to teach you! You need to stay in contact with the rest of us anyone way" I told her before I left to my table.

I saw another girl get sorted into the Slytherin house. I felt so sorry for all those who were placed in there. I mean, to have such a bad rep!

I was thinking about this when I rinally heard Rehan talking to me. "Huh? Oh, I'm sorry! Um...she seemed okay with it. I think she was really happy that she had someone there that she knew, that she wasn't alone. I also offered to teach her Quidditch even though she's in Slytherin." I said, trying to make him feel better about. "You know, it's not so bad. She's still going to be able to hang with us." Trying to sound reasuring.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • Professor Zanyte then stood, cutting off all conversation with his natrually domineering presence. He paused for a few minutes to allow the last bits of chatter to fade away on the air before beginning the Welcome Speech.

"Welcome to Hogwarts!" he boomed, allowing his gaze to pause at each table. "I say that today for the fifth time, and I am more excited this year than any year before. It fills my heart with joy to see the House tables fill with new students every year. Soon enough, the halls will be back to their old glory, and Hogwarts will once again be at the top of the Magical School pyramid."

He paused, smiling broadly. "To all of my older years: thank you for returning. And thank you for coming when you did. You are the foundation of this school. Myself and the Professors behind me did nothing but start. You are the ones that got things going in truth.

"And to all of my younger years: thank you for attending. You are the life that has kept this place going. Without all of you, Hogwarts would again fade into nothing but memories.

"Thus, for the rest of this year, that is what I want you to do. Make yourself some memories. Meet new people, try new things. Of course, your teachers will be attempting to hinder that process with lessons and work, but that's why we give you holidays."

He smiled again, letting his gaze sweep the entire building. "Ah! I believe a proper welcome is in store before we begin..."

He muttered to himself a little before giving his wrist a flick. A wand flashed from his robe in to his hand. He shouted a loud, complex incantation, and a bout of fireworks blasted around the great hall. Purple and white popped above the Head Table. Green and silver sizzled over the Slytherin's table. Crimson and gold flashed around the heads of the Gryffindors. Sapphire and bronze crackled amist the Ravenclaws. Yellow and black were the decorations above the Hufflepuffs. There was much clapping and a few awed looks from first years and Headmaster Zanyte began to sit down.

With a laugh, he stood back up. "Let the feast, begin!"

Immediately, the dishes filled with all sorts of delicious foods. The hum of conversations once again filled the air.

~~~~~~~~

I had looked at the fireworks with a small amount of pleasure. They were a beautiful start to the year, at least for those planning on having a wonderful year. I sighed a bit and filled my plate with steamed vegetables and mashed potatoes with gravy. Considering my horrible habits, I attempted to stay away from meat as much as possible. That, and when it was cooked, it gave me a terrible stomach ache.

I took a peice of salsbury steak onto my plate and cut it for Trilla. She smiled greatfully as she ate her share. I couldn't help but smile a little. Taking another glance around, I looked for Leito. I still couldn't find him. With a sigh, I turned back to my asparagas.

He did hate me.

~~~~~~~~

Tamica grew very quiet as the Headmaster spoke. Make memories. Meet new people. Try new things.

She shook her head. This might well be the last opportunity she had to make those memories and to meet those people. Maybe she could make Hufflepuff's Quidditch team. She almost laughed at herself. She could barely walk from her dorm to the grounds for Herbology. How could she possibly survive a rough and tumble Quidditch match?

Her plate was soon full of chicken and broccoli. Chiisai looked at it with disdain. Tamica laughed and gave him a peice of raw celery. He chewed on it happily. She knew he'd rather have a pack of raisens, but they would give him a terrible stomach ache.

She blinked a few times. The world was slipping into blackness. With a small shake, she awoke herself again. It would be good to fall into bed tonight. She only hoped she would feel better in the morning. She didn't want to miss the first day of classes.

Dark Night

Years
  • A dead silence came over everyone as Professor Zanyte. I always loved when he talked. He was the greatest guy to walk the planet, he did all of this, just for all of us here! I loved the fireworks! Schoocha jumped at them and landed on my lap. "Umph! Sorry to tell you this Schooch, but you're not the lightest dog in the world!" I pet him and left him there. He'd want food anyways.

Yes! The food has finally arrived."See, all you had to do is wait Rehan, and now you've got your food." Right in front of me, mounds and mounds of food appeared all the way down our table and everyone elses. Schoocha curled back into my stomach. That was untill he got the wafe of all the delicous foods on the table. He was about to jump on the table and start chomping down all the food, before that happened, I was able to graba steak and keep him content. I put mashed potatoes and gravy on my plate. Along with a nice big steak. Also got pumpkin juice and like a dozen Cauldron Cakes. Boy, I'm not going to feel good after this!

Years
  • 'YES!' Rehan shouted, immediately shoving as much of everything as he could onto his plate. Chicken, steak, roast beef... He liked his meat. He couldn't help but grin now, all his worries began to slowly slip away... They were still there, regardless, but the conflicts managed to find their way to the back of Rehan's head.

Rehan happily ate his food, quickly washing it down with a glass of pumpkin juice... Then reached into the table for more. This time, he went for the sweeter treats; treacle tarts, yorkshire pudding, apple pie, jam doughnuts... With a side of mashed potatoes, carrots and gravy.

'Ahh, I've waited WAY too long for this!' He thought to himself, his mouth too full to say it out loud. He looked at Lia with an approving nod, too busy chewing to smile.

Zameena stared at the fireworks, amazed by the colours. She had to admit, she did like the color combination of green and silver... And she loved her house emblem, her favorite animal was the cobra, so that worked out well... But she figured that was all just the material look of things. When she saw the food appear in front of her, she was amazed to find so many different types of food... But after putting onto her plate the few things she knew about - chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, carrots, broccoli, and LOT'S of strawberries, she couldn't help but ask Askan...

'What's this?' She asked, pointing first to the Pumpkin juice.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • Yeesh, with all of these questions, this was going to be a long year! At least the opening ceremony was interesting as usual. However... I always got chills from our Headmaster for some reason. No clue why, I just kind of did. Everyone else liked him! I had just begun to eat when Zameena asked me about the Pumpkin Juice. "It's pumpkin juice." I replied as I started eating, but not before getting hit on the back of the head by a fellow Slytherin.

"So you did come back, Askan-chan!" Laughed the 4th year, Asiar. He was from Japan, so the '-chan' made sense, since he was basically calling me a girl. Though it took me at least 3 weeks of him calling me it before I first figured it out. I just ignored him and let him walk on. However, I noticed him talking to a group of new Slytherins, whom looked over at me. Great, they've already started 'enlisting'.

"We eat, silly!" Alicia replied to Caelyns question as she started eating her chicken. However, she couldn't help but give a worried glance my way.

Years
  • '... You let that kid come by and smack you? What the heck!? What a jerk-face... Are all of them like that?' Zameena asked Askan, taking a sip of the pumpkin juice...

'Not bad,' she added, thoughtfully.

'Anyhow... UGH. Why don't you go and talk back!? If you just let him push you around, you're not really going to get anywhere...' She muttered, glaring at the japanese student that was now talking to a group of other Slytherins.

'Ridiculous...' She shook her head in disbelief, noting how the other tables all seemed to be having a festive time. Her table, on the other hand, had just finished mocking Askan! With a grunt, she ripped a piece of chicken of its bone with her teeth, crossing one leg over the other, and observed the rest of the Slytherins.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • I sighed and picked lightly at the pile of mashed potatoes and gravy on my plate. Trilla was worried about me. She always did.

Professor Kimbal suddenly appeared beside me. I couldn't help but smile at her. "How was your summer, Natalia?" she asked, taking a polite seat next to me.

I set my fork down for a moment. "Dull as ever. You know, sometimes, I wish they'd take the rule about not being allowed to do magic outside school away..." I paused, looking down the table to see a boy attempting to chug a glass of pumpkin juice. "And then I remember why it was put there in the first place."

Professor Kimbal laughed her tinkling little laugh. "Did you pick up that book I reccomended to you?"

I nodded earnestly. "I did. Some of those charms are amazing! I can't wait to try them out. You'll still be giving me private lessons on Tuesday evenings, right?"

Professor Kimbal merely laughed with a twinkle in her eye and stood up. She placed a hand on my shoulder for a moment and said "We'll see," before scooting back off to the Head Table.

I knew she'd let me. I took private lessons in Charms as well as in Transfiguration and Potions. It was nice to have an outlet on evenings when I'd probably otherwise be slicing myself open in my bedroom.

I winced to myself and continued with my food. Best not to think about it.

Dark Night

Years
  • Whoa! Rehan eats a lot! More than a lot of other people do! "Jeez Rehan! You have enough stuff on your plate?!" I was totally astonished at how much people could eat! When I noticed he couldn't even talk because he had so much food in his mouth, that he couldn't even talk. "Or enough in your mouth!" I added. I laughed at him, he looked so funny with all that food in his mouth!

I gave Schoocha some Pumpking Juice to help him swallow down that huge steak. I looked over at the Hufflepuff table and saw Caelyn talking to Alicia. At least she was getting along with her. I looked over at the Slytherin table and saw some kid, come by and hit Askan. What's up with him?! He doesn't fight back?! Zameena was eating all the food that I supposed she knew. There was a lot of food on the tables that weren't exactly Muggle foods. I really hope she was going to be okay there.

I went back to eating my food, trying to get what happended with Zameena out of my mind. "Ooh! Treakle Tarts! They're soo good!" I grabbed about half a dozen of them. I gave 2 to Schoocha, they were his fav. as well.

Years
  • Rehan stared at Lia as she grabbed half a dozen Treakle tarts, putting them on her plate.

'An' yoo wu letchereen' me abou' ea'in' alo'?' Rehan asked, his mouth stuffed with pie... After noticing her give 2 of the tarts to Schoocha.

'Okay...' He swallowed, almost disappointed.

'I guess that isn't that bad...' Taking a sip of pumpkin juice, he grabbed some more boiled vegetables and potatoes, pouring gravy all over his plate.

'This year's already awsome!' He grinned, before remembering that Zameena was put into Slytherin... Then again, he wasn't too bothered by it right now. He was in a satisfied, relaxed, and dreamy state, trying not so much to savour to flavor, but more just seeing how much food he could eat at one sitting. He figured that the food was all there, and he doesn't eat like that all the time, so... Why not.

'An' to answer yoor Kwesch'n... Noo I do no' ha' 'nuf food on m' plai', OOR in m' mouf...' He swallowed and chuckled, trying not to make a mess of the food.

'So... I don't know much abou' you...' He began, making sure his mouth was empty before shoving the fork into his mouth once again.

'Wha' sor'a stuff you like to do? Any cours' in par'icular you like?'

Dark Night

Years
  • "I was getting 2 for Schoocha, they're his favorite." I said, defending myself. "No it's not." "Okay, fine, here's some more." I told him as I added Pumpking Pasties to his plate. "Enjoy!" I mocked him.

I laughed more at him swallowing his food down. He's eats a lot! I mazed. "Yeah, I don't much about you either." "I like Transfiguration, it's the best class there is. Potions is also one of my better subjects. You already know that I play for Gryffindor for Quidditch. I also like to play the Muggle sport Football." I said, answering his question. "How about you, what do you like to do?" I told him as he continued to stuff more food in his mouth.

Years
  • 'Mmm... I haven't had any yet!' He said thankfully, staring at the pumpkin pasties.

'But... I think I'm getting just a little full now...' He muttered, loosening up in his chair. He put one arm on the bulge sticking out of his stomach, and used the other to dig into the rest of the food on his plate. Hearing the word 'football', he smacked the table with excitement.

'I LOVE football... Well, I love all muggle sports... They're awsome! So much fun... It's just one of those things that ties me to - m' ch'ldh'd, 'know wha' I mea'?' He stated, enjoying the pumpkin pasties.

'So yeah... Just one of those things. When it comes to courses, I... Ehhh... I'm not too into it. I don't really use magic that much outside of class, and there really isn't a specific course that interests me too much... Although Defense Against the Dark Arts is a really neat course... I guess that's probably one of the more interesting courses, I think... And Care of Magical Creatures... I don't care much about taking care of them... But there are some cool creatures out there... My favorites are probably dragons... I like the Peruvian Vipertooth... But Griffins and Aethonans are cool, too.' Rehan paused from his eating for a few moments to think about the animals he had learned about.

'But yeah... Defense Against the Dark Arts and Care of Magical Creatures are probably my two favorite courses,' He declared, pushing aside his plate now that he was done with the food.

'Uhhh...' He finally groaned, unfastening his belt.

'I'm sooooo full now...' He complained, rubbing his stomach and rolling his eyes.

Dark Night

Years
  • What?! He's actuall enjoying them?! I can't beleive this guy! "After a quarter of what you ate, I would be full by then! You've got a giagantic appetite!" "Yeah, football was what I was playing before I saw my...brother." I stopped mid sentence. I can't beleive I was remebering this now! Not now, it was fun now, no worries! After 10 seconds I finally was able to speak again. "Yeah, it's a great sport!" I told him.

"Defense is a cool subject as well. OH! I can't believe I forgot about Care of Magical Creatures! It's the best subject there is!" I said, forgetting somewhat, about what had happened eariler this week. "I'm really into dragons. I like to get a Horntail egg and train it. I think it'd be really interesting and fun!" I said.

I found Schoocha had fallen asleep in my lap. "Oh, poor thing, he's beat!" I got out a small blanket from the messenger bag I had on my shoulder. I wrapped him up in it and laid him back down. I grabbed a few more Treakle Tarts and 5 Cualdron Cakes for later. I got one and started to nibble on it.

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
  • After watching the little fireworks with awe, she turned to Alicia and gave her a confused look. "We… eat?" Caelyn asked uncertainly, scanning the long –empty– table. Eat what? She stared at the table for a while, lips involuntarily forming a small pout. It peeved her, sometimes, when she couldn't figure out how one thing works. Especially since it was one of the simplest things. "How exactly—" She stopped midway, when food started popping out. "Oh." And with that, she started eating quietly.

When she gave Alicia a brief glance, she noticed that she seemed worried about something. Blinking curiously, she altered her gaze to where she was looking at. She immediately frowned, although she tried to hide it. Meekly, she tapped Alicia's shoulders. "Is he… is Askan going to be alright?"

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • "I guess it may just be because I'm used to it by now, but it also may because that I've been taught that conflict solves nothing." I replied to Zameena's miniature outrage, as I continued to eat my dinner, now starting on the potatos. "If I fought back, what would happen? Well, they'd probably end up doing something worse to me, and then I to them, and it would just become a constant chain intil both sides become worn out." It was true, after all, there was no denying it.

"I guess so... It isn't any different than any other years..." Alicia replied as she continued to watch my actions. "They start out by convincing the new Slytherins to join in on picking on him, and then start pulling various pranks on him. If someone attempts to stick up for him, usually, they get targetted as well. That's actually why his friend transferred... I couldn't bring myself to tell him, though."

water&icepower

Specialty Trainer
    Years
  • Noticing Caelyn down the Ravenclaw table looking a little oddly confused as to what had just happened, Jeremy walked up to her and patted her on the back and said very friendly to her "Are you starving yourself?" he asekd and laughed heartily. "Don't worry, you can always talk to me, your fellow Ravenclaw if you're lost," he said assuringly. "I'm Jeremy by the way, I don't think I properly introduced myself to you on the train" he then walked away and seeing as the feast was almost over. He quickly finished his food and made his way up to the West Tower where the Ravenclaw Common Room was loacted. He wanted to get there and get settled before the innocent first years had crowded the halls.

He had entered the common room, already knowing the password when he asked one of the Ravenclaw Prefects before he left the Great Hall. It was a cozy room filled with decorations and furniture that were colored in Blue and Bronze, the house colors. He rembered all his years in this room. He used to be here alot before he joined quidditch. He'd be studying here and getting ahead in class as an alternative to the sometimes packed library.

He then went up to the Boys Dormitory and set his belongings as to where he liked them and layed down on his bed. He changed an layed down on his bed. He was eagerly awaiting the first day and was wondering if he would even be able to sleep. He was going down memory lane for a while and soon had heard the first year Ravenclaws gathering in the Common room below. After freely thinking for a while, he fell fast asleep.

Years
  • 'Ugh... That's stupid,' Zameena said in an angry tone, pushing her leftover vegetables into the middle of the table.

'So from now 'til the end, you're just going to let them push you around? What reason do they have? Like... why do they keep bugging you?' She asked thoughtfully. She figured that either there was something wrong with Askan, or something wrong with the rest of the house.

'You seem like a pretty cool person... So why would they bug you because of it?' She asked, playing with a fork in her mouth. She couldn't help but glare back at the Japanese student again.

'Who is that guy, anyways? And who does he think he is?' She asked, eyes still on him... Too much to learn.

Rehan smiled as Lia gently and carefully wrapped Schoocha in her blanket,

'Yeah,' he began.

'He does look tired... Gosh I'd love to go to bed right now,' He stated. Right now he was in a state he liked to call; 'Food-coma'. The dreamy period of time after you've stuffed your face with a ridiculous amount of food, and don't have enough energy to do anything other than sleep... Basically, he hadn't a care in the world... For at least a moment or 2, anyways.

Dark Night

Years
  • "After all the food you've eaten, I would imagine you'd be tired. Come on, we can go up to Common Room." I replied to him. I was getting tired myself. I needed to rest up my strenth for Quidditch, no doubt it would stort soon. I pushed my food to the of the table and walked off.

I walked past the Ravenclaw table and saw Caelyn and Alicia. "Hey guys!" I nodded to them hello and walked off.

I got to the stair case when someone who had just come out of portrait started talking to me, more like yelling at me. "Oi! Lia! Get your rest up tonight, practice starts tomorrow morning!" Devon told me as he walked off. "Hey! What?! We just got here, can't you give us a break, like maybe the next day?" I yelled back. "You just can't tell me when it is and the walk off." "I'm the captin, I make the decission, but fine, since it's the beggening, I'll give you a break." he told me, hanging his head. Ah man! I know he's just trying to help, and I know he really likes it. Darn it! "Fine, I'll tell everyone else to come in the morining." I replied, now, I was the one who was hanging my head. "Great! See you then!" he replied now extremely excited. "Oh joy!" I muttered.

Eon walked up at that time. "Hey Lia! Why don't I walk you up to the Common Room?" He asked. "Um...no thanx, I'm fine." I replied. "Oh, practice is tomorrow morning before classes, just to let you know." I walked past him, letting him follow behind me. I was too tired to argue with him.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • I was far too lost in thought to listen to much of the Professor's rambling, or noice the food. When a little second-years jostled me, however, I turned toward him, eyes wide and teeth bared prepared to snap his bones one at a time for disturbing me.

Then, I realized where I was, what I was doing and how entirely nonsensical my thoughts had been. I was disgusted with myself for thinging like that. Power was the last thing I wanted... I had thought. I shook my head slightly and poured a goblet of pumpkin juice and took a few pieces of meat. I saw Natalia over at the Ravenclaw table. Her back was too me, and it wouldn't seve any purpose to attract her attention in any case. I'd leave her be for the moment.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • I sighed a bit and ignored the desserts. Rising, I started off for the Ravenclaw common room. I was was walking, Headmaster Zanyte waved me down. Blinking in a confused manner, I walked nervously over.

He smiled warmly at me. "There she is. Natalia, didn't you recieve your owl?"

I nodded. "Yes, Headmaster. I recieved my owl. I got my book list and the regular welcome letter..."

"No, no, no!" he laughed, cutting a large steak on his plate. "Your Prefect owl."

I blinked again. "P-prefect?"

"Indeed!" he chortled, pulling a badge out of robes. He handed me the shining silver badge with the "P" engraved on the center in a fancy script. I was in a state of shock, now. "Congratulations," he said, dismissing me.

I headed out of the Great Hall and into the Ravenclaw common room with leaden feet. I sat down in front of the fireplace. Prefect? Me? What were they thinking?!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Tamica smiled as she devoured a slab of chocolate chip mint ice cream. The one thing the cancer hadn't destroyed was her appitite. Finally, she gave in to Chiisai and gave him a peice of raisen bread. She could almost hear him giggling as he inhaled the sweet treat.

With a yawn, she rose. She was feeling very weak. One of the Hufflepuff Prefects, Roger, came over to her. She smiled. Roger had taken a liking to her in her first year. He was a newly appointed fifth year Prefect that year. Headmaster Zanyte had asked him to watch over her. Since then, they had formed a rather tight friendship.

"Hey, Tammie," he whispered, gently taking her elbow. "Are you ready for bed?"

She nodded. "You don't need to be so protective, Roger."

"Headmaster told me that you're not doing well. Come on, we'll get you to the common room."

She could only smile as he lead her away.

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
  • As Jeremy passed by her, telling her that he was willing to help her whenever, Caelyn gave him a thankful nod and huge grin; it comforted her that there was another person who was keen on helping her. At least now she was certain she wouldn't get as lost and confused. Her sense of optimism quickly wavered, however, after hearing what Alicia said.

So, they did this to him every year? And they even drove away his best friend! That was… that was just… Without her consent, her hands had clenched underneath the table, and she bit onto her lower lip. If there was anything she loathed, it would be maltreatment of others. In-between her meal, she would flash a worrying glance at Askan. Analytically, she pointed out that he didn't seem to respond whenever he was picked on—which was actually smart, mind you—but it only encouraged the other Slytherins. So if he didn't do anything, maybe she could, instead. Alicia does help him, so she should be able to help, as well. She knew at least dozens of defensive spells, and countering spells, too.

After finishing the last of her chicken, she waited for Alicia to finish. She would ask her more about him, she decided, as she was determined to help him. In the meantime, she stuffed an apple in her pocket. Her little Jay~Jay had been sleeping for the entire day, he would be terribly hungry once he awakes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back