• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Return to Poke's - RMT

Years
  • As I usually am with RPG's, I quit Pokemon for a while. 12 months to be exact, so I may be a little off with my team and it may be outdated, but that's where you guys come in. The last time I quit and returned, I got scorched by Anti, who told me to completely destroy the team and start from scratch. I'm hoping the same doesn't happen here. As I'm not aware of the current Meta, my tactics might be outdated, so please correct my mistakes. (I still don't get how the meta changesif new games don't come out but meh...). I have no idea what the hell this team is trying to do, but at the moment I'm just trying to make something that's fixable.

THE TEAM

Azelf @ Focus Sash
    Naive - 56HP/200SpA/252Speed
    Stealth Rock
    Psychic
    Explosion
    Taunt
    this thing used to be a beast of a lead, and could counter Bulky Gyara, Bronzong, Infernape, Roserade, Hippowdon and Swampert. I have no idea if those are still used as leads but meh...fix if it requires...

Rotom-S @ Leftovers
    Modest - 252HP/40SpA/216Speed
    Thunder Wave
    Confuse Ray
    Air Slash
    Shadow Ball
    looked at Smogon and saw a couple of people using this set. It looked alright, although I don't know about the position of it in the team. Confuse Ray can be countered by switching out but Air Slash has 30% Flinch chance and Thunder Wave for PRZ.

Scizor @ Choice Band:Technician
    Adamant - 248HP/252Atk/8Speed
    U-Turn
    Bullet Punch
    Super Power
    Pursuit
    hmm...I guess it might work. Dark Azelf said it would work good with the lure strategy, so I guess I can try it out.

Suicune @ Life Orb
    Timid - 4HP/252SpA/252Speed
    Calm Mind
    Surf
    HP Electric
    Ice Beam
    Lure - apparently it can counter Zapdos, Gyara, Celebi, Vaporeon and etc. so there must be more. Still yet to see what happens.

Lucario @ Life Orb:Inner Focus
    Jolly - 252Atk/4Def/252Speed
    Swords Dance
    Close Combat
    Extremespeed
    Stone Edge/Crunch
    I'm keeping this guy for the offensive sweep ability. Boom, and you're SLURPED!!!

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf:Magnet Pull
    Naive - 4HP/252SpA/252Speed
    Thunderbolt
    HP Fire
    Explosion
    Flash Cannon
    Umbreon suggested it, Dark Azelf also said to use it, so I guess I'll keep it.

Thanks for having a look. It's old school for D/P/Pt but I didn't know what to do as I'm yet to see a lot of today's meta. Don't be shy to fix it, it probably sucks anyway. And Anti, enjoy tearing this apart.

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Few nitpicks (Because I'm too lazy to go way in depth):

Your team is really slow, and Scizor can mow through most of it. Make Magnezone a Choice Scarfer

Magnezone@Choice Scarf
    Magnet Pull
    Naive/Timid Nature (Depending if you want to lose a little defense for the Explosion boost)
    252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP

• Thunderbolt
    • HP Fire
    • Explosion
    • Flash Cannon
    Alleviates some speed issues, you can revenge kill Scizor and Lucario (Or if you can predict a Bullet Punch from Scizor just switch into it, switching into Luke is risky).

Adamant>Jolly on Luke, unless you want to run Ice Punch in the last slot to beat Gliscor (You can, but it isn't the best choice)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Main problem with this team is you have a lead that is meant for a fast offensive team and then you have a load of walls and tanks and 2 random sweepers which cant sweep for the hell of it when you aren't really supporting them well.

Uh also why on earth are you putting HP Evs on Suicide Azelf ?

I agree with ScarfZone though since it checks mixmence well.

HP Grass >>> Ice simply for those nasty Donphan's

1] Donphan is UU because its terrible
    2] Ice hits it for SE too lol

TL;DR there is no strategy here

me said:
    → Lures
    A lure is basically a Pokémon that preys on what your opponent expects but does something different to catch them off guard, just as the name says to "lure" them in. What would normally be a great switch in turns into an awful one. Lures are often used on offensive teams to remove threats for other Pokémon on the team to possibly open up a sweep. An example of a lure would be an offensive Suicune with Calm Mind/Surf/Hidden power Electric/Ice Beam with a Life Orb. Normal switch ins to Suicune are often things like Zapdos, Gyarados, Celebi, Vaporeon etc. expecting a defensive normally less offensively threatening set and this Suicune can potentially OHKO all of them. For example if you lure in Zapdos with this set and OHKO it with a Calm Mind Life Orb'd Ice Beam then your Scizor will have a much easier time posing a threat to the opponents team with its primary counter out of the way. Another example of a lure would be a Toxic and Substitute Heatran to "lure" in its normal counters of bulky waters
    to cripple them from behind a Substitute with Toxic. For example once a Vaporeon is poisoned things like Gyarados are free to rampage alot easier with its counter crippled.

You should look into this, so you have some sort of strategy. Even if its as simple as "well gee i set up T-Spikes and then my Gyara sweeps with its main counters (bulky waters) poisoned)". Or in Lucarios case "Scizor and Lucario share similar counters and by Scizor spamming U-Turn it wears them all down with SR for Lucario to sweep", ya know, just something ?

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • For Rotom-A I usually run something for W-o-W spreading and rapid spin blocking

Rotom-A @ Leftovers
    252hp/228def/28SpA
    Levitate
    Impish Nature
    Pain Split
    Reflect or Light Screen
    Discharge or Shadow Ball
    Wil-O-Wisp

FIrst turn use W-o-W helps to slow down those pesky steel sweepers like scizor and lucario. Pain Split to heal. Reflect or LS for support. Discharge just to help out with damage or w/e

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    For Rotom-A I usually run something for W-o-W spreading and rapid spin blocking

Rotom-A @ Leftovers
    252hp/228def/28SpA
    Levitate
    Impish Nature
    Pain Split
    Reflect or Light Screen
    Discharge or Shadow Ball
    Wil-O-Wisp

FIrst turn use W-o-W helps to slow down those pesky steel sweepers like scizor and lucario. Pain Split to heal. Reflect or LS for support. Discharge just to help out with damage or w/e
    What does providing what you use benefit him? Still, I don't understand why you are using Impish as it lowers your Sp.Atk, Bold is better.

Back