• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Reuniclus vs Gothitelle

Reuniclus vs Gothitelle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ok so... Throh is really disliked. :( ...doesn't matter to me because I love Sawk but wow, landslide haha.

Now, which is best this round? :)

sad9jYQ.png

pkmin3033

Gothitelle is a clear winner here to me...it's just a gothic lolita Gardevoir - making it even more squicky, although not as bad as furry bait like Zoroark - but Reuniclus is just...so uninspiring. There's just nothing about it that really speaks to me as a design. I at least like gothic lolita fashion, even if I don't like humanoid Pokemon. So yeah. xD

Years
Given that Black and Black 2 were the version I mostly played, I'm giving my vote to Gothitelle as well. I also used one on my main story team in the former and it definitely held up well.

While I feel this poll will probably go in Reuniclus' favour, I liked Gothitelle's design better and it's actually up with my fave Psychic-types, plus its stats are more balanced than Reuniclus. Definitely not a bad Pokemon to use if you get the chance to.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
This is a really tough choice as I have used both extensively. I prefer Gothitelle's design and overall idea of being a darker version of Gardevoir.

Reuniclus also has a good design and is my only full odds Gen 5 Shiny. (Reuniclus' shiny is blue).

Both are great fun to use.

I just about prefer Gothitelle.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I prefer Reuniclus and I'm bummed that this is yet another exclusive unavailable on the version I have (first Braviary). I've never used Gothielle before.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Reuniclus is losing?! Howwww :( Reuniclus to me is AWESOME! Gothitelle is a bit overkill, like, fun to battle with but outside of that, nah, it's just... so depressing to look at lmao. Reuniclus on the other hand? Beautiful and has an incredible name. Legit, one of the coolest names (the whole family) - loved it from the start.

But yes definitely team Reuniclus!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 30, 2022
Team Reuniclus Forever. Mainly because it's One of my few shinies from BW2, and because... Just look at it, it's adorable and strong at the same time!

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
Years
Whoa!!
I'm surprised in section comment so much people Who choose Gothitelle(AKA Dark Gardevoir) but in the vote, Reuniclus in percentage 60%.

Anyway, I choose Reuniclus because Adorable and Strong.Reuniclus Magic Guard + Life Orb Sweep most Sinnoh gym leader

Years
Reuniclus is losing?! Howwww :( Reuniclus to me is AWESOME!

I can tell you that Reuniclus is now definitely in front in the poll. Which I definitely expected because I always see it getting more love when these two are pitted together.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ahh yes!!! @KNS27: But... Reuniclus isn't in Sinnoh! Although unfortunately it is a slow Pokemon :(

Also @mattia2000: Congrats on the shiny Reuniclus! I've always loved its shiny - so beautiful :) Blue shinies are the best and Unova has lots of 'em!

Years
I had a Reuniclus in my White wedlocke and got pretty attached to it, plus I really like its design so it gets my vote.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
Reuniclus is likely the better option offensively, since it has Recover to shrug off lost damage if it takes hits rather well.

It is rather tanky, given it's massive HP and moderate bulk. One of it's main Abilities, Magic Guard, can be profoundly useful in various situations, since it protects it from indirect damage.

It can also learn Focus Blast to get around Steel, Ice, Rock, Normal, and Dark Types, though it is situational at best.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I really love both of these Pokemon. I used Reuniclus on my initial White playthrough and I used Gothitelle (nicknamed "Willow", after the character in Buffy) in a playthrough of Black.

I have to say I prefer Reuniclus though in terms of design, it's my second favourite Pokemon after Cofugrigus.

Last edited:
Back