• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Review 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Well, the system died, but my final choice was Sceptile. I've made up my mind on this.

Sceptile@Life Orb***Geico(Switch your Car Insurance, RIGHT NAOW!)
    Nature:Jolly
    EV:252 ATK, 252 SPD, 6 SP.DEF/HP/Who Cares?
    Leaf Blade
    Earthquake
    Dragon Claw
    Swords Dance
    Physical Sweeper. Well, I needed a hard hitter, so I thought Lucario. But I wanted a grass type, so I thought Breelom. But I wanted speed, so...Sceptile! Physical, that is. Hits just about all but Skar, Zong, Tangrowth, but those are dealt with by others.

Gyarados@Leftovers***Dragoon
    Nature:Adamant
    Waterfall/Ice Fang
    Stone Edge/EQ
    Dragon Dance
    Taunt
    EV:212 HP/16 ATK/180 DEF/100 SPD
    Bulky Sweeper. Standard Tauntdos. Painful when played right, although I may give him a wii bit more ATK. Might try out Icequake.

Raichu@Focus Sash***Sparks
    Nature:Timid
    T-bolt
    Grass Knot
    Focus Blast
    Nasty Plot
    EV:MAX SP.ATK/MAX SPD/6 SP.DEF
    Special Sweeper. He abuses Focus Sash for powerful moves. Wish he had a bit more speed, but meh. I really hate Focus Blast, missing every two moves or so, but I have no choice.

Forretress@Leftovers***Comet
    Nature:Relaxed
    Rest
    EQ
    Rapid Spin
    Stealth Rock
    EV:MAX HP/88 ATK/164 DEF
    Physical Wall. Also my Spinner, & Trap setter. Because he is my prime wall, Explosion is not an option. Stealth Rock over Spikes for I dislike Sashers more. This is a matter of opinion, so.

Grumpig@Leftovers***Lumas
    Nature:Calm
    Psychic
    Calm Mind
    Rest
    Magic Coat/Shadow Ball
    EV:MAX HP/52 SP.ATK/200 SP.DEF
    Special Wall. With Rest, & Aromatherapy, it makes it a hell of alot easier for him to wall. If I give him Shadow Ball, can he handle Cressy? Magic Coat is just fun to play. It always is. I got rid of that God awful inaccurate non-chargin Chage Beam.

Vileplume@Black Sludge***Petals
    Energy Ball
    Hidden Power [ICE]
    Aromatherapy
    Sleep Powder
    EV:244 HP/90 SP.ATK/140 SP.DEF/30 DEF
    Cleric. My team favorite! He is also a limited mixed wall. I discovered this when I accidentally gave him DEF EV's while training him in SP.DEF. His typing allows him much survivability. Although he has many weaknesses, not all are seen that often. You can kiss my arse, he's in!

Spoiler:

Any glaring weaknesses, that CAN'T be revenge KOed?

Last edited:

darkion

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2008
    Gyarados@Leftovers***Dragoon
    Nature:Adamant
    Waterfall
    Stone Edge
    Dragon Dance
    Taunt???
    EV:212 HP/16 ATK/180 DEF/100 SPD
    Physical Sweeper. Standard Tauntdos. Painful when played right, although I may give him a wii bit more ATK.

Use a good earthquake . Useful for nasty electric types. Also have less evs in hp and more in attack and speed.

Raichu@Focus Sash***Sparks
    Nature:Timid
    T-bolt
    Grass Knot
    Focus Blast
    Nasty Plot
    EV:MAX SP.ATK/MAX SPD/6 SP.DEF
    Special Sweeper. He abuses Focus Sash for powerful moves. For instance, if Specsmence causes me grief, I can last with Sash to hit hard.

Best set for a electric type. Though you can use iron tail for those rock/ground combos.

Forretress@Leftovers***Comet
    Nature:Relaxed
    Rest
    EQ
    Rapid Spin
    Stealth Rock
    EV:MAX HP/88 ATK/164 DEF
    Physical Wall. Also my Spinner, & Trap setter. Because he is my prime wall, Explosion is not an option. Stealth Rock over Spikes for I dislike Sashers more. This is a matter of opinion, so.
    Good moveset. Give more evs in def.

Grumpig@Leftovers***Lumas
    Psychic
    Charge Beam
    Rest
    Magic Coat
    EV:MAX HP/52 SP.ATK/200 SP.DEF
    Special Wall. With Rest, & Aromatherapy, it makes it a hell of alot easier for him to wall. If I give him Shadow Ball, can he handle Cressy? Magic Coat is just fun to play. It always is.
    SHADOW BALL {PLEASE}

Flygon@Choice Scarf***Yoshi
    Nature:Naughty
    EQ
    Draco Metor
    Fire Blast
    U-Turn
    EV:252 ATK/120 SP.ATK/136 SPD
    Mixed Sweeper. This is my favorite set, my lead, and my scouter.
    Remove EQ for earthquake or ice beam.

Vileplume@Black Sludge***Petals
    Energy Ball
    Hidden Power [ICE]
    Aromatherapy
    Sleep Powder
    EV:244 HP/90 SP.ATK/140 SP.DEF/30 DEF
    Cleric. My team favorite! He is also a limited mixed wall. I discovered this when I accidentally gave him DEF EV's while training him in SP.DEF. His typing allows him much survivability. Although he has many weaknesses, not all are seen that often.
    give him sunnybeam combo(solarbeam/sunny day)

This is getting an update. Cressila always causes me grief, due to the fact that I can't hit hard enough. The commom sweepers, Garchomp, Salamence, T-tar, are not a problem, they are all easy to take out. However, it's the defensive pokes that annoy me. I lack the ability to KO hard. I won't rebreed Flygon, so no Choice Band. But Cressila really annooys me. Will Shadow Ball handle it? I mean, Grumpig can stall Cressy, but to an extent. He did a great job stalling one today, but couldn't "keep up". Maybe if it had Shadow Ball...

But I don't know what to replace. I think Grumpig is a decent Nape counter, but only if he has Reflect? I dunno. It's those walls with incredible HP that annoys me to no end. Like Blissey, but not as severe, as Gya can handle it.

I would also like to make room for Torterra, but...

Maybe I need another wall, or something.

Just pay heed to my changes and you will be undefeatable.

sims796

Years
    No offense, but that is horrible advice.

Iron Tail is a terrible move, especially with a ATK decreasing nature. Doesn't Grass Knot handle Rock AND Ground?

Sunny Day weakens Gyarados. I won't increase vurnerability just for a quick combo.

Do you know how a Tauntdos works? Look it up, I won't waste time explaining. Second, after a Dragon Dance, Stone Edge & Waterfall handles electrics easily.

Third, EQ IS Earthquake. Ice Beam is a waste of time.

I appreciate the help, but that wasn't too good.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    First off Garchomp is a problem considering nothing you have can really hurt it, and what can is OHKOed. Well, Scarfchomp and Chain Chomp are beatean but SD gives you a mess of trouble.

I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out the problem with this team, I really am.

As for walls, Toxic smashes Cress without Rest. Shadow Ball will not be doing much to something with 130 base SDef and 120 base HP (I think it was). Cresselia is assassinated by anything with pursuit, so you can always go that route.

Honestly Flygon is a bit of a dead weight. And it isn't just my obvious bias that I think CB Flygon is better since that wouldn't help much either.

I know you only use favorites so I don't know what replacments you'd actually use which makes this harder. Hmm, I think some Swampert action would really help here, or even Quagsire. You need a more reliable bulky water than Gyarados (as in one that doesn't die to stone edge) and stops Cressi from using Charge Beam to boost special attack and can roar stuff. It covers Forry's weaknesses very well and will take care of that gaping gap to physical Infernape.

Actually that Flygon set reminds me of Mixpert in a way but never mind that :P

I know Scizor will hammer down Blissey and Cress (though Blissey with Thunder Wave or Flamethrower will be a big problem) and can kinda sweep.

I dunno, could you give me ALL the pokemon you would use? That way I can narrow down a solution...

EDIT: flygon can't even learn Ice Beam ._.

sims796

Years
    First off Garchomp is a problem considering nothing you have can really hurt it, and what can is OHKOed. Well, Scarfchomp and Chain Chomp are beatean but SD gives you a mess of trouble.

I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out the problem with this team, I really am.
    Is this a compliment? Thanks.
    As for walls, Toxic smashes Cress without Rest. Shadow Ball will not be doing much to something with 130 base SDef and 120 base HP (I think it was). Cresselia is assassinated by anything with pursuit, so you can always go that route.

Honestly Flygon is a bit of a dead weight. And it isn't just my obvious bias that I think CB Flygon is better since that wouldn't help much either.
    Ironically, he does the best. He is my scouting lead, my favorite kind of lead for a cautious person like me. Draco Meteor puts certain threats out of commision. And I just love that move.
    I know you only use favorites so I don't know what replacments you'd actually use which makes this harder. Hmm, I think some Swampert action would really help here, or even Quagsire. You need a more reliable bulky water than Gyarados (as in one that doesn't die to stone edge) and stops Cressi from using Charge Beam to boost special attack and can roar stuff. It covers Forry's weaknesses very well and will take care of that gaping gap to physical Infernape.

Actually that Flygon set reminds me of Mixpert in a way but never mind that :P

I know Scizor will hammer down Blissey and Cress (though Blissey with Thunder Wave or Flamethrower will be a big problem) and can kinda sweep.

I dunno, could you give me ALL the pokemon you would use? That way I can narrow down a solution...

EDIT: flygon can't even learn Ice Beam ._.

I'll consider Toxic, but Shadow Ball & Toxic will still end up with me stalling to death.

Second, Chomp isn't TOO tough to wipe out. With a little prediction, he can be promptly dealt with. Not to say that I'm not weak to it, not denying that, but it's one of those weaks I dont mind.

But I won't be difficult. I was thinking of a Swords Dance Passing, Wishing Leafeon. But now that I think of it, I only have a few physical users. That is to be considerd.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    So you're essentially saying you're not worried about Garchomp? Eh, I'd be VERY careful about that. Then again people only run Scarfchomp now because all of a sudden speed is more important than power to everybody.

Leafeon will not be helping with Infernape much. You REALLY need a bulky water here. On second thought, Grumpig could work with Nape, but even its resistances will not be enough. Hmm.

It wasn't a compliment, insult, or anything really lol. I'm just really stumped here.

Metagross would really help in the area of beating walls but falls against about everything your team is weak to. As much as I'd like to put down Scarf flygon I'll wait until later for that...it just, i dunno. It just doesn't really do much for this team IMO. the quakeslide resist is really nice though.

I'm tempted to say Registeel at this point lol

No, I'm seriously stumped. I think I'm going to sleep on it. I don't think this requires a total overhaul but my god something needs to be done, I just can't put my finger on it >:0 Man this is frustrating, usually this stuff comes easy to me...

Swampert or Quagsire seems liek the best idea though, over flygon IMO. Rock resist stuff that can take more hits than Flygon obviously, and that will certainly help in destroying Infernpae for good and also doing okay at beating Garchomp. Suicune could also help you with this or whatever you'll use. You can also give it some Toxic action to screw Cress and force Blissey to switch.

A Toxic/EQ/Ice Beam/Roar set might work. Hey, I'm trying my best...lol

sims796

Years
    Infernape? Ha, I couldn't care less about that. Flygon takes care of that one pretty easily. And Gya can as well, at least when it isn't packing Thunderpunch. IMO, they all should, but tell that to the users.

What item does SD Chomp use? If it isn't Focus Sash, I can wipe it out with Draco Meteor. If it is Sash, I have Stealth Rock. I know it can be dangerous, but just resisting it isn't the only way to go. I've tested it out, and taken out quite a few dragons with Scarf Meteor. Unless they are also running Scarf, for some reason, I'm not worried. I know what I'm saying wen I say Chomp doesn't scare me. I also know I must be cautios.

Like it or not, Scarfgon has done wonders for me, in every way. Cept for that one Weavile, but that was my fault. I knew he was gonna use Pursuit, just didn't know it could hit through U-Turn. You're gonna need more basis than just that. Oh, yeah, and I have Stone Edge over Fire Blast, forgot to edit.

I don't see what a bulky water would do, honestly. Then again, you suggest them in almost every thread :P

Leafeon isn't meant to hit, it's meant to pass.

I just had a match with Richard. Almost won, too. But, he came out on top, due to prediction on his part & carelessness on mine. He gave me a rate, said the team was fine. Well balanced, but he did talk on Gya. But I really don't like Ice Quake.Tried it, didn't like it.

The reason why you are having such trouble is because it isn't as simple as just Chomp or Nape. with caution, I can wipe those threats out. I see a weak as well, but can't put my finger on it.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Well you rely on revenge killing those with Flygon to kill them. Flygon cannoy switch in to CB Close Combat from Infernape all too well and Garchomp OHKOs it. Remember, that's the definition I'm using here.

Infernape is in general easy to killthough since CB Blissey 2HKOs it I believe with Double-Edge. Not so funny now, huh? <--lol

bulky waters just always come in handy. Swampert is probably the best with rock resistance and electric immunity, not to mention some cool moves like roar, SR, E, and Hydro Pump to mash stuff with. I think Swampert would really help this team since it would give you a safe switch into Garchomp and physical Infernape (not just revenge killing) and would help with the defensive holes in your team, big time.

I don't think this team is weak to any pokemon in particular...you know what I think I'm going to log off after I post this and try and figure it out. It's 3 in the morning on the east coast so I should probably get to sleep anyways lol

Lost_Heart

In Teh Cloudz
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2008
    Weak to Tauntrados and Sub-Punch Breloom it is it is.... :P (sims knows what I mean)

Lost_Heart

In Teh Cloudz
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2008
    Yeah, I was just bored is all... :P

The thread below yours is that team in its entirety if you want to have a look.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    You really dont have anything to touch cressy too much, as you can see, yesterday, you saw my Swords Dance Drapion, thats for beating up cressy

Two really nice sets for grumpig to screw cressy.

Grumpig@leftovers
    252 HP / 200 SP.DEF / 56 SP.ATT.
    Calm nature
    ~ Calm Mind
    ~ Rest
    ~ Psychic
    ~ Hidden power Bug / Shadow Ball

i could see a trick set working aswell.

Or you can just add a random dark type.

I think your weak is that you dont seem to be able to hit very hard on the physical side, you have Gyarados, but bulkydos is actually a defensive pokemon, dd is only really for late game. I know this may not make sense, but you know how every team has a swords dance Ape, Swords dance chomp, DD Tar, Swords Dance weavile, you know something to put BIG MASSIVE LOVELY dents in opponents and is fast as hell , you know something capable of 6-0ing people, Gyarados as your physical sweeper when its primarily a defensive poke and every team having a counter for it, isnt going to work much.

Last edited:

sims796

Years
    You really dont have anything to touch cressy too much, as you can see, yesterday, you saw my Swords Dance Drapion, thats for beating up cressy

Two really nice sets for grumpig to screw cressy.

Grumpig@leftovers
    252 HP / 200 SP.DEF / 56 SP.ATT.
    Calm nature
    ~ Calm Mind
    ~ Rest
    ~ Psychic
    ~ Hidden power Bug / Shadow Ball

i could see a trick set working aswell.

Or you can just add a random dark type.

I think your weak is that you dont seem to be able to hit very hard on the physical side, you have Gyarados, but bulkydos is actually a defensive pokemon, dd is only really for late game. I know this may not make sense, but you know how every team has a swords dance Ape, Swords dance chomp, DD Tar, Swords Dance weavile, you know something to put BIG MASSIVE LOVELY dents in opponents and is fast as hell , you know something capable of 6-0ing people, Gyarados as your physical sweeper when its primarily a defensive poke and every team having a counter for it, isnt going to work much.

Yes, I knew it! I was stalled to death yesterday, cursing, wishing I could just plow through. I'll look for something meant to cause pain, physically.

EDIT:I'm stuck. Can someone recommend a good UU Physical sweeper OTHER than Pinser & Nidoking?

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Primeape but I don't think that's what you're looking for. Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Gyara actually is more on the defensive side it seems. I love when people think they can DD up in front of my face right away. It's not quite that easy hehe

I'm going to suggest some CB Blissey action here. Or if you actually want to win you can run some CB Gligar or something. Torterra which you love so much runs a nasty CB operation.

EDIT: As you can see I'm not so good at UUs this gen

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Swellow is awesome. Honestly sims, you might wanna put Tauros back on your team. It's pretty dang powerful and can really hurt stuff. CB Return hurts really bad. Also it ties Gengar for speed which is awesome. Any team without a normal resist pretty much dies to it.

sims796

Years
    Swellow is awesome. Honestly sims, you might wanna put Tauros back on your team. It's pretty dang powerful and can really hurt stuff. CB Return hurts really bad. Also it ties Gengar for speed which is awesome. Any team without a normal resist pretty much dies to it.

I never had Tauros.

I'll think of it. As a matter of fact, it was you and Dark Azelf who concvinced me NOT to use Tauros. This is annoying. My only real prob;em is that I don't have any real sweeping power. I don't really get swept by anything in particular. Only if I let them sweep me, like a SD Chomp. Sweepers are no real issue at all, but walls, ironically, are.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Um I'm pretty sure you made that Tauros thread. that's what I was referring to.

You insist you have trouble with walls and Tauros can really hurt a lot of them. and I'd agree that sweepers aren't a huge problem, but SD Garchomp is. We already went over that though.

Besides Chomp there aren't too many sweepers that hurt and Tauros would really be nice since it's the physical sweeper you need. Also Cress takes a beating from CB Return.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back