• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Revived] Kanto & Hoenn Starters: Which will you choose?

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
  • I'll definetly choose Cyndaquil as starter, as it's one of my faves so far, it's the one I chose in Silver, and it's gonna pwn the first Gym Leaders XD

Kanto starters... I am breeding Charmanders in Platinum from FireRed, so it's a choice between Bulbasaur and Squirtle. I like Bulbasaur more, so I'll probably take him. (Or her, tho it's probably a male)

Hoenn starters: One of my favorite Pkmn ever is Mudkip, I picked the little guy in my old Ruby, but it got deleted (!) so here I stand with no Mudkip. I've traded Torchick and Treecko from my brothers Sapphire, so yeah, Mudkipz ftw ^^

If ya didn't have the time or the will to read the above, I will go with
    Cyndaquil,
    Bulbasaur and
    Mudkip.

Pokey Out!

Charizard3

Champion
    Years
  • well for johto im gettin all 3 and for hoenn i think ill get mudkip because i dont have a good swampert in any of my games. as for kanto, i have a charizard and blastoise so i might get bulbasaur or maybe squirtle

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Kanto: Squirtle
    Hoenn: Mudkip

I do love my water types. :D

Foxnordic

Common trainer
    Years
  • i'll probably start with totodile or cyndaquil, kanto i'll have bulbasaur cause he was my first pokemon, and for hoenn probably torchic

Miniduffa

Pokeshipper and Proud
    Years
  • Kanto - Bulbasaur (Just the greatest starter over all)
    Johto - Cyndaquil (Some pretty fierce fire moves to help me through the main story of Heart Gold)
    Hoenn - Mudkip (Always had a soft spot for Mudkip)
    Sinnoh - Turtwig (I hate to say it, but the one out of the three which sucks the least)

VCaliber

The Cutest (=
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2010
    Kanto- Charmander
    Hoenn- Torchic
    Johto- Cyndaquil
    Sinnoh- Chimchar

I like Fire (=

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Whatever i want to EV at that time (i'll SR for good nature).

Probably Squirtle (i have 2 EV'd Charizard,tons of Bulbasaurs,and an EV'd Blastoise).
    And Treecko, as i'm interested in UU at the moment

MegaNew

Pokémon Unetta Owner
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2011
    Mudkip is the best starter to ever choose,because it stops thunder from being able to attack and ground is strong against grass so..Mudkip and (dont really care about khanto due tot the fact i ahev all khanto starters lv 100) and for Johto itll be either totodile ro cyndiquil due to the fact in my platinum i got meganium lv 100

Years
  • For Kanto Starters:Bulbasaur because sense I generally dislike grass types, and I don't want to go through with Bulbasaur....

For Hoenn: Simplybecause I like mudkipz. :3

Eevee-Freak

AmberAnonymous
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2012
    Lets see, im gonna choose Cynda as my jhoto starter so ill need the grass and water types...ill go with treecko and squirtle

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    As I am going to be choosing Cyndaquil as my starter initially, I think I'll be choosing Bulbasaur as my starter from Kanto and Mudkip as my starter from Hoenn. Not only do they make a three-type triangle and balance things out, but they were my first starters I had when I played the games originally.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Charmander, so it can complete my flying and dragon team, and on the hoenn starters Im going to flip a coin for that one. All 3 of them are powerhouses when fully evolved.

Years
  • charmander and treecko,but im not gunna evolve the treecko cuz he looks cool with the toothpick in his mouth,and charizard was always myfavorite and he'd look beast to walk behind u

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Kanto: Bulbasaur~ c: Guy needs a little more love.
    Hoenn: Mudkip. 8D Always loved the little guy.

Back