• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Revolution is now Wii

Pokemon Master XD

Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2006
    Chase Leader said:
    Well if I get it I'm still gonna refer to it and call it the Revolution...because "We" just sounds weird by itself.

LOL! Adam Savage...

I wanna call it the chimp!

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    I think the name's amusing. I prefer Revolution better, but I really couldn't care less that Nintendo changed it. Most videogame systems have stupid names imop, so it didn't really upset me.

At any rate, I care more about the system itself and the games more than the system name. They're more important anyway.

Years
    Oh, I could just imagine what I'd tell my friends after the first time I play the system...

[AGELIMIT]"I went over to my friends house, and he told me to go in to his room. When we were inside his room, he said that he had something to show me. Then he pulled out his Wii. A pretty little thing it was! We played with my friend's Wii all day long."[/AGELIMIT]

I'm sorry, Nintendo... but that's just wierd.
    Even still, I'm a Nintendo fan at heart, and I stick by them and support their name change, despite the... interesting name change.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Well sweeties, here's the Princess's point of view.

When I first heard that the console's name is now "Wii", I admit, I was confused, and then aproxmently 1,000,000 corny puns came to me. XD But sweeties, does the name have ANY affect on the up coming and promissing games for it? Will the name change the way you think of gaming? If you're that closed minded, I pity you. It's just a name, nothing else. Did Game Boy sounded weird the first time you heard it? (Well it may not imply to some of you sweeties, since many people grew up with it.) Look beyond the name sweeties, and just deal with it.
    I actually like the name, sweeties, it's orignal compared to the our current next-gen consoles. ^^

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    An interesting read

^ I didn't even notice that the DS Lite wasn't Nintendo branded.

Nintendo knows that they won't be able to shake that kiddy image off the Nintendo name, so they're going to trick people into think they're not Nintendo? O_o

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
    Mikuru-chan said:
    Ugh, Revolution was sooo much better.
    Though the name is unique~

I can, at this moment, predict some sort of commercial for this with "We Are The Champions" in it, I mean, how could one not do that? >D

Wii are teh champions~~
    This is true, there's already a YTMND with that. XD

Wii is very original, but Revolution has a certain ring to it.

I'm still buying it, but Wii? C'mon! XD

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    Wii is okay, but I would prefer a name with 2 syllables, like Wiivun.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    This is the best idea for a name ever. Why?

See how many people are talking about it and spreading the info? You see a topic on every message board. Everyone is hearing of this, and getting the thought, "Why...?!" with only a namechange from Nintendo.

Go go gadget word of mouth advertising!

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Shadow said:
    This is the best idea for a name ever. Why?

See how many people are talking about it and spreading the info? You see a topic on every message board. Everyone is hearing of this, and getting the thought, "Why...?!" with only a namechange from Nintendo.

Go go gadget word of mouth advertising!
    I quite concur, sweetie! X3

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
    Well i for one like the name, It's unique, original, makes me think of potty jokes but oh well! At least its not called the "Nintendo 5" or the "Nintendo 720" So oh well I'll still go buy it and ask if i can take a wii in a few months!

Kurosaki~Dragon

Let the Thunder embrace you
    Years
    I actually like the name ^^ I find it quite cute, plus its just a name, doesn't mean anything if you are looking at the quality of the system and the games it offers, adn I will still get it no matter what they call it.

I honestly don't see the big deal with the name and why poeple are comparing 4kids to Nintendo ¬¬

The S

The Reverend
    Years
    I just thought of something; I went to middle school with a guy named Leeroy Nerr. We called him by his last name, or, jokingly sometimes, "Nerrd". But anyway, if I ever saw him again, and asked him to play Nintendo's new console, this is the strange syntax that would result.

"Hey, you wanna come and play with my Wii, Nerr?"

It's like the time I asked my best friend Carson if he wanted to play with my Ballz!

Years
    Strawberry Delcatty said:
    If you don't like the name, here's your chance to do something about it.

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/wii_sucks/

Found this in a topic at BulbaGarden.

Oh, thanks all, but I think that I'll pass...

Even though I don't want to call my friend to ask him if he wants to play with my Wii anytime, I still stand by Nintendo with what they do, I think they may be on to something, and besides, you can name a console whatever you want.

Oh yeah, I've been a Nintendo fan even when I was really young. :)

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years

You do know that's not going to work. The name will stay Wii.
    But if you want to can try (even if it's going to get you nowhere).

It's just a name guys, come on. Everyone is going to buy it doesn't matter if it's called the Wii or the Nintendo Galaxy.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years

Because online petitions work.

Especially ones with "(blank) sucks" in the URL...

It is Wii, Nintendo is getting their desired publicity for it, and most importantly, as many have said: It is just a frikken name, deal with it! Go back and look, is 'Game Boy' a cool or slick name? Not really, but do you like it, most likely yes since you're on a Pokemon forum. Wait, wait, Pokemon, Pocket Monsters... Monsters in my jeans? That's not a good prize, but it indeed worked...

Isaac Gravity

Supports hot-bloodedness
    Years
    Shadow said:

Because online petitions work.

Especially ones with "(blank) sucks" in the URL...

It is Wii, Nintendo is getting their desired publicity for it, and most importantly, as many have said: It is just a frikken name, deal with it! Go back and look, is 'Game Boy' a cool or slick name? Not really, but do you like it, most likely yes since you're on a Pokemon forum. Wait, wait, Pokemon, Pocket Monsters... Monsters in my jeans? That's not a good prize, but it indeed worked...

Took the bold line out of my mouth. Hey, as many complaints/jokes/puns have been given to Wii there are many gaming sites and the like that gave out articles like so:
    https://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200604/N06.0428.1812.46040.htm

But as far as I'm concerned, I liked the name Revolution but its now called Wii. Time didn't stop and hell didn't freeze over so all is well right?

It's called Wii and its not a stunt to pull before E3, Nintendo is not out to get you and its no more unique than calling a system PS3, (because when you get right down to it, that's what it is: The third of the Playstation consoles why waste time making a name when its all about what it offers anyway.)

I just think we all just have dirty minds/are closest perverts and should just let it go and just look what the system has to offer...
    This whole Nintendo is kiddy fad didn't rise up until the GC vs X-Box battle came into the picture with X-Box's "mature, in your face gaming; Nintendo is for kids and PS2 sucks" ideal that got a kick out of many. And Windwaker (no matter how great a game it was) made the "fans" rant to no end with the "cartoony" cell-shading making them cry for real Link (oddly enough the HoT Link was only in "adult" form for one game, in other games he was 13-15 or so anyway. And the fact that those Links being HoT Link are debatable anyway.) So now here we are with this Nintendo are preverts stuff from the same people who said Nintendo is kiddy. Fans are a fickle bunch...

But what am I saying? I bare little interest in any of the next gen consoles. But I just wanted to throw a comment in all the same.

Last edited:

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
    *gasp*
    "OMG, I liek can't believe Nintendo changed their consoles name before launch like all of their past consoles before launch!!!!1!11 And liek, WTF was Nintendo thinking!?!? Wii is so totally a stupid name!!!..."

Hmm, instead of finding out Nintendo changed the Revolutions name to Wii and freaking out, which was my first impulse, I surfed around and read peoples professional opinions on the subject. What did this do for me? I accept the name change. It's not the end of the world. Nintendo's new console will still be great.

So, instead of acting completely immature and ignorant, deal with it...

Last edited:
    Back