• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Revolution v. PS3 v. Xbox360

The new generation

• Revolution

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Play Station 3

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Rev first, perhaps ps3

• Rev first, perhaps 360

• ps3 first, perhaps rev

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • ps3 first, perhpas 360

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • 360 first, perhaps rev

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • 360 first, perhaps ps3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All of them cause i'm just that rich!

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
    Years
    Here's my list of what's most important to least important in a system.(put in your own if you wish)
    1. Games/Gameplay
    2. Lack of glitches and lifespan
    3. Sound quality
    4. Controllers
    5. Loading speed
    6. Cool extra features
    7. Graphics(as long as they're N64/PSX and above, and even some SNES)
    8. Outlook, weight, durability(as in getting scratches/dents etc)
    9. Loudness of the system(as in fan and stuff...)
    10. What doesn't matter AT ALL is the size of the games(some people at school tell me that GC discs are too small and they would lose them, if that's how they are, they're just totally stupid, and somehow they don't lose psp discs and GBA/DS games, but i do know a few who have lost their xbox, idiots)

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    Hardcore Nintendo fanboy here.

Hear Xbox is going pretty far with popularity, some games looked neat. I hear Halo 3 will kick Metroid Prime 3's a** (which I don't believe :P)

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
    Years
    halo over metroid? HAHAHAHAHA--no. Halo is NOTHING like metroid. metroid has a cooler story line, puzzles, upgrades to weapons and other such things, awesome graphics, and requires a certain level of skill to beat(whether that's advanced or weak, i don't know). halo you just blast people around. metroid you actually do things besides hours of blowing things up.
    Metroid>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Halo

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    When it comes down to it, I would much rather play Super Smash Bros all day rather than Halo

Revolution for the win~

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
    Years
    will the new smash bros have new characters, or like updated ones? as in, instead of roy and marth, there's FE characters from newer FE's?

Years
    Nedrag Terces12 said:
    halo over metroid? HAHAHAHAHA--no. Halo is NOTHING like metroid. metroid has a cooler story line, puzzles, upgrades to weapons and other such things, awesome graphics, and requires a certain level of skill to beat(whether that's advanced or weak, i don't know). halo you just blast people around. metroid you actually do things besides hours of blowing things up.
    Metroid>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Halo
    Dude, have you ever played Halo? One of the main reasons I like the Halo games is because of the engaging story and gameplay. Also, it's not just about blasting guys endlessly most of the time. Sometimes, you have to stealth to move deeper into some heavily guarded areas. Plus, the Energy Sword rules!

There is one thing that Halo has that Metroid doesn't. Online play like Xbox Live.

So, when Halo 3 comes out... that's when I'll get the Xbox 360.

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
    Years
    umm, the only reason why i use it as a reason is becuase i've played halo 1 and 2 at a friends house for like 9 hours straight. it was the only thing he had so i had no choice. not bad, but...not good either. multiplayer and story mode. oh and metroid is cool enough on it's own to be a great game without online, too bad.

Zero ex

Swordmaster
    Years
    Though, i have heard of games for each console, and from nintendo i liked the super smash bros. but, i will need to play it before i buy it. About ps3, it will have RE5 and devil may cry 4 and sony said that they will change the controller, that's good, the other controller looked bad.

AngelMina

+Im Back+
    Years
    Well, I havent seen revoultion or ps3 to judge anything about them, All I have seen was xbox 360, I think itz a kool system. They have many kool games that are coming out, not to mention the graphics are even more advanced then xbox 1 itself. But I guess, I have to see how ps3 and rev. are like to. But I like 360 ^__^

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
    Years
    well c'mon, if the graphics aren't better than the old generation, that's kind of sad... though i think ps3 will have the best graphics, the thing i've known ps for is good graphics, better than the other systems.

Kurosaki

Dude, have you ever played Halo? One of the main reasons I like the Halo games is because of the engaging story and gameplay. Also, it's not just about blasting guys endlessly most of the time. Sometimes, you have to stealth to move deeper into some heavily guarded areas. Plus, the Energy Sword rules!

There is one thing that Halo has that Metroid doesn't. Online play like Xbox Live.

So, when Halo 3 comes out... that's when I'll get the Xbox 360.
    I don't see where "engaging story" fits in with Halo, the plot for that game was boring... Oo

I have seen maybe 4 posts in this entire thread that aren't bias driven in some way or another. Meh, XD

And what's wrong with a game not being online. 96% of all the good games out there aren't online, and like I said, they're good games.

Zero ex

Swordmaster
    Years
    Mario The World Champion said:
    Forget it.

This is turning into a "Nintendo rules" thread again. Screw my opinions. A person like me has no place in a Pro-Nintendo forum.

Hey, don't be like that. I'm not even in nintendo's side, and there are only like 2 or 3 that are all the way with nintendo.

Though i like nintendo's ideas, i still hate the controller. For me the most important things in a videogame console are:
    - type of games that will be for that console.
    - the controller
    - that can use games from other generations.( really this is not so important)

Kurosaki

Once the PS3 comes out, it will only solidify Sony's place at the top of the video game food chain!

Xbox and Nintendo are still going to be relegated to 2nd and 3rd place. And that's all she wrote!
    It'll most likely end up:
    1) Sony
    2) Nintendo
    3) Microsoft

Basically like it is now between PS2, GC and XBOX.

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
    Years
    (going anti-bias here)If you ask me, xbox 360 has a higher chance of being first(just cause it came out so much earlier, people are so impatient to get games these days, sheesh). if ps3 pulls something miraculous(no matter what kind of issues sony has), it could beat nintendo(since apparently nintendo's pulling up the rear end most of the time).

I'm sorry, Mario the world champion, for being so anti-xbox. and kurosaki, you don't have to rub it in MtWC's face, if you didn't notice, he said it himself

Last edited:

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    Shadow Scizor said:
    360 is a waste of money, I already found that out. I'll see how good they say PS3 and Revolution are. I'm planning on getting a Revolution, though.
    Oh how sad you are....

Does anyone know how good the 360 will be i mean sony is just crap i wouldnt even waste my time.Plus the 360 has free xbox live.

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    the 360 is out........and really I didn't think it was anything special there is nothing it does better than an xbox other than looking better and have slightly better graphics =/

where as the revolution is amazing games wise (plus backwards compatability), interactivity wise (hot controller), and hopefully is better than the GCN graphics wise

Kurosaki

(going anti-bias here)If you ask me, xbox 360 has a higher chance of being first(just cause it came out so much earlier, people are so impatient to get games these days, sheesh). if ps3 pulls something miraculous(no matter what kind of issues sony has), it could beat nintendo(since apparently nintendo's pulling up the rear end most of the time).

I'm sorry, Mario the world champion, for being so anti-xbox. and kurosaki, you don't have to rub it in MtWC's face, if you didn't notice, he said it himself
    How is my opinion rubbing it in his face?

Oh how sad you are....

Does anyone know how good the 360 will be i mean sony is just crap i wouldnt even waste my time.Plus the 360 has free xbox live.

And theres another fanboy comment for you. How many of you people have like thoroughly into all 3 systems?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Happy Dude said:
    Oh how sad you are....

C'mon. You can do better than that. Care to provide some reasons?

Whenever this kind of thread surfaces I prefer it people add some substance to their posts. Make the entire debate a lot more intelligent.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back