• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Richard Steel's Battle Stadium

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    lol yeah, hariyama would be useless otherwise. i was somewhat expecting shadow ball to do more damage than that, seeing as how tho it has max hp evs, it has no special defense evs. i suppose HP always prevails. if it would've, i'd really have no one left to take blissey out (well... yanmega does get lucky sometimes).

and actually, Meteor Mash wouldn't have OHKOd Glaceon... at least mine. it would do a good 80%-90%, but with near max hp evs and 110 base def, it would've definitely survived it.

Oh, wow. Beefy little bugger.

And yeah, HP always prevails. Why do you think on most walls they say to max out HP before even thinking about touching other stats?

Anywho... anyone else want to battle?

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Hoshiko, you got insanely lucky with that hax flinching.

And I really screwed up my strategy with Lucario... I never know what to expect with him, so I always tend to expect Endure/Focus Sash + Salac Berry + Reversal. However, I am amazed that Lucario took a Thunderbolt from Gengar like that. That raised my eyebrow.

Good battle though, but if Metagross wouldn't have flinched at the end, you probably would have been toast.

Next time I see Lucario, I gotta just go for the kill.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    OMG, dude, you won? How the hell did that happen? Arrgh, I need a rematch now >_<

I will not admit that you're better than me >.>

She only won because I allowed my Starmie and Gengar to be taken out by Lucario. That was possibly the worst opening moves I've ever done... Ice Beam through a predicted switch/possible Focus Sash, then KO through Payback and Extremespeed. Then Gengar came out, Thunderbolt, didn't KO Lucario like it should have, and OHKO with a critical hit Payback. Then I came back a bit, but at the end she flinched my Metagross, which pretty much won the battle for her. Even if he didn't flinch, I'd have had a hell of a time against Salamence, but could've gotten the job done.

Thunderbolt may be un-STABed, but it's not weak! Gengar has great special attack, and Lucario has below average special defense. I thought the two would work together perfectly. XD

Lucario, like Electivire, is someone I, personally, have to be on the lookout for. I guess I just had a momentary loss of mental coordination. Damn!

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Salamence isn't the only pokemon you should be worried about, you know. XD

You do know your HP level, do you? You would've been through hell with Salamence, but still you would've fainted in a way.

Next time, don't do stuff like allow your pokemon to be KO'ed. That's the worst thing any trainer can do. As you can see, anyone is quite unpredictable.

If Metagross got an Agility in, he would have knocked out Hitmontop, and put a decent dent in Salamence with Meteor Mash, even OHKO if it were a critical hit. But I'm not that lucky. XD Infernape would've been OHKOed by Earthquake, but either way I guess my luck ran dry. Was your Infernape a pure special sweeper, or did it have physical moves? I'm always hesitant to switch Blissey into someone like him with fear he may pack a STAB Fighting move.

And actually, allowing one of your Pokes to be KOed can be extremely beneficial at the right times... sacrifice can lead to a victory.

It was a good battle, don't get me wrong... but you got pretty lucky with flinches, and of course my FUBAR opening moves. Ah well, like I said before, live and learn!

EDIT: Max, give me a few minutes, and I'll add you. Okay?

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Dude, Hoshiko is really good, but there is no way in a cold, dark, bloody hell that he beat you; I just played him and won (I'm not sure if it was the same team he used against you *Cough*), when I got stomped by your Blissy T_T

Anyways, I know what you meant by the Gengar thing; i have one, and wasn't able to OHKO Lucario with thunderbolt either =/

Anyways, the real reason I was posting here was to see if I could get a rematch with you sometime. PM me when you're done with everyone else who was here before me, okay?

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Dude, Hoshiko is really good, but there is no way in a cold, dark, bloody hell that he beat you; I just played him and won (I'm not sure if it was the same team he used against you *Cough*), when I got stomped by your Blissy T_T

Anyways, I know what you meant by the Gengar thing; i have one, and wasn't able to OHKO Lucario with thunderbolt either =/

Anyways, the real reason I was posting here was to see if I could get a rematch with you sometime. PM me when you're done with everyone else who was here before me, okay?

Again, it was because I let my two special sweepers die in a foolish attempt of strategy.

I'm up for one now, if you so wish.

Max never got back to. I'm pretty sure I still have you registered, so I'll be waiting in WiFi for ya!

EDIT:

Good battle, Murderface! I wasn't quite expecting that kind of ending... what I was trying for was, I send out Gengar to be KOed so Garchomp could come in without taking damage and OHKO Typhlosion. Completely twisted it around on me when you used Double Edge. And that move Eruption (I think it was?) did squat to Gengar... which really surprised me.

Oh, and damn you and your Focus Sashed Gengar! OHKOed my Starmie! *shakes fist*

:P

Last edited:
    Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Hoshiko feels bad now about losing to me, even though he was able to beat you, and I lost to that effing Blissy again...

You know, if you didn't have that, I might have...Uh, who the hell am I kidding, you killed me again.

I couldn't even finish off two of your pokemon >.>

Hehe, that was pathetic...

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Hoshiko feels bad now about losing to me, even though he was able to beat you, and I lost to that effing Blissy again...

You know, if you didn't have that, I might have...Uh, who the hell am I kidding, you killed me again.

I couldn't even finish off two of your pokemon >.>

Hehe, that was pathetic...

Nah, it was fun! You surprised me with that Thunderpunch from Electivire... I was sure you'd use Cross-Chop, so I switched to Gengar, in hopes you'd then go for Thunderpunch, and then BAM, out comes Garchomp. Whoops! Ah well, Gengar survived *pets Gengar*.

And if Hoshiko feels that bad, him and I could always do a rematch, but this time I'll be a little wiser with how I handle Lucario.

EDIT: On a lighter note, I'm closed for battles for the night. I did quite a few today, and had a lot of fun, so tomorrow is another night! I will be on later tomorrow, though, so anyone who wishes to challenge me, be sure you're on at around 11:00pm, EST. Hopefully I'll be on 'round then.

Last edited:

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Luis, bud! You've got a good team there, that's for sure. I haven't seen many Snorlaxes, but when you use him right, he can do some serious pwnage. If I were you, I'd do a bit of reading on movesets and learn when to switch - that's the key! You also want a physical wall in there... Snorlax is a good Special Wall, but a Physical Wall would've stopped my Metagross from completely destroying you.

Do you follow natures, IVs, and EVs? If you don't (Meteor Mash did a lot more to your Salamence than I'm used to, and he did a lot less with Flamethrower, which makes me think these were more in-game Pokes than competitive ones), then I would look into them. It's time consuming, but well worth it, trust me.

When we have a rematch, I expect you to be prepared for me! ;)

Back