• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Richard Steel's Battle Stadium

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    * BUMP *

So I'm open for a few battles.

I also have made an addition in my opening thread: you may now choose which team to go up against. Now it's a total of two, and I do plan to make a few more. But basically, the second team is just a new variation of my original team, but they both have pwned rather well! So choose wisely!

Soulinferno

Bandit
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2009
    I suppose ill battle you richard we still need to see a conclusion to our previous match. As for the team I want you to use the same one that you used the other day.

Also i have a question of a moveset ive been thinking about for metagross even though i need emerald for it i want your opinion.
    ice punch
    thunder punch
    earthquake
    agility/meteor mash

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    I suppose ill battle you richard we still need to see a conclusion to our previous match. As for the team I want you to use the same one that you used the other day.

Also i have a question of a moveset ive been thinking about for metagross even though i need emerald for it i want your opinion.
    ice punch
    thunder punch
    earthquake
    agility/meteor mash

Sure, give me like 10 minutes?

And Meteor Mash on Metagross is a given... even on a surprise special sweeper moveset, Meteor Mash is standard. So never drop it. If you want an Agiligross, replace Ice Punch with Agility and Keep Meteor Mash, but if you want Choice Band Metagross, drop Agility altogether. Ice Punch could be used in place of Thunder Punch, to surprise any Garchomp coming in, but generally Thunder Punch proves more useful, otherwise Gyarados (and any Bulky Water type) will see you as a free switch in.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Man, that was one bad decision I made at the end. Actually, I was expecting Metagross to do more damage, even with a Burn. And that was a lot more damage than I'm used to from a Thunderpunch; I shouldn't have underestimated it. I was trying to go apeshit at the end, when I should have healed. But ah well, it was a good game, and I was just playing around with you near the end! I had fun.

Oh, BTW, did you EV train your Gross in Defense? Because attacks were just sliding off of him.

Soulinferno

Bandit
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2009
    My god i cant believe that I won I was sure that that second drill peck was going to kill my metagross. That was an incredible battle Richard. Good Game

Though I have to say that i was expecting your claydol to come out and kill my metagross as your last Pokemon since i think that last time you had claydol. I also cant believe that meteor mash killed your blissey in 2 hits. I am just in disbelief that I won against you.

EDIT: No i EV trained him in attack and HP and a bit in speed. I think that my meteor mash did so much to your blissey because it was holding expert belt but i have no idea how it survived that EQ from your gross. its kinda funny that the pokemon that you traded me saved my life in the end.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    My god i cant beleive that I won I was sure that that sencond drill peck was going to kill my metagross. That was an incredible battle Richard. Good Game

Though I have to say that i was expecting your claydol to come out and kill my metagross as your last pokemon since i think that last time you had claydol. I also cant beleive that meteor mash killed your blissey in 2 hits. I am just in disbelief that I won against you.

Yeah, Meteor Mash is a 2KO against Blissey. I was trying to get you down enough for Skarmory to take you down. I did have a Claydol, but I sometimes switch him for my new Garchomp. I shouldn't have let Chomp take the fall to get rid of Milotic. Oh well! You caught me in a good mood today, so I was playing to have fun, not playing to win. Maybe some other time you'll catch me in my full-fledged battle mode. :)

If I just would have let Blissey take a fall to heal Metagross, you'd have been toast. That was possibly one of the worst decisions I've ever made. But I don't care! I had fun with this one, so thanks for that! I'll be looking forward to our next match, but don't think because you beat once that it'll happen again. ;)

EDIT: Oh, that was MY Metagross? haha, pwned by my own creation. Well, then I don't feel quite so bad about losing. In fact, since that was my original Metagross, in a way I sort of won. XD

My Metagross did squat because he was burned, but I was still expecting it to do more. The idea being, get him down at low as possibly and KO him with Drill Peck for a nice ironic twist. Well, you live and learn.

Soulinferno

Bandit
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2009
    Yeah, Meteor Mash is a 2KO against Blissey. I was trying to get you down enough for Skarmory to take you down. I did have a Claydol, but I sometimes switch him for my new Garchomp. I shouldn't have let Chomp take the fall to get rid of Milotic. Oh well! You caught me in a good mood today, so I was playing to have fun, not playing to win. Maybe some other time you'll catch me in my full-fledged battle mode. :)

If I just would have let Blissey take a fall to heal Metagross, you'd have been toast. That was possibly one of the worst decisions I've ever made. But I don't care! I had fun with this one, so thanks for that! I'll be looking forward to our next match, but don't think because you beat once that it'll happen again. ;)

Really I didnt know that steel did x2 damage to normal i thought that was only fighting.

and theres no way im going to let this go to my head though i am going to enjoy it while it lasts because i know that if you had your claydol i would have definately lost.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Really I didnt know that steel did x2 damage to normal i thought that was only fighting.

and theres no way im going to let this go to my head though i am going to enjoy it while it lasts because i know that if you had your claydol i would have definately lost.

Oh, no, no, no! Steel isn't x2 damage to Normal, it's normal effective. But Metagross' huge Attack stat ensures that Blissey is taken down in two hits. I learned that lesson when my Metagross was dominated by a Blissey who packed Counter. If Steel was x2 effective against Normal, a Meteor Mash would OHKO Blissey.

Yeah, I loves my Claydol... but Garchomp served his purpose, taking down my team's biggest threat: Electivire. Claydol can get the job done, but his bad Speed + Ice Punch on 'Vire really scares him.

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    Hey Richard, care for that rematch now? Using your Supernova team if possible. And I see you went and added a "cheap" Garchomp to your team now, too. :P

Now seems a good time to hand me my revenge demolition, and I'd like to see this beefier team too.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Hey Richard, care for that rematch now? Using your Supernova team if possible. And I see you went and added a "cheap" Garchomp to your team now, too. :P

Now seems a good time to hand me my revenge demolition, and I'd like to see this beefier team too.

haha, actually, Garchomp switches in and out of my Supernova team. He makes my Electivire weakness obsolete. Actually, come to think of it, the only team I have that's set in stone is the Death Busters team.

But I'd be up for a rematch... give me 10 minutes?

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    haha, actually, Garchomp switches in and out of my Supernova team. He makes my Electivire weakness obsolete. Actually, come to think of it, the only team I have that's set in stone is the Death Busters team.

But I'd be up for a rematch... give me 10 minutes?
    Ah, well I'm glad I removed Electivire from my team. XD

Yeah, no problem. I'll be waiting in the Wifi room because I'm super cool and have nothing better to do.

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    Man. Completely haxed on the first turn. :< It was just a complete washout after that. And I SO should've Umbreon at home for that battle. Utterly useless. As was Arcanine. Doubt I'll use her again.

I'm just glad I got that critical hit on Starmie, otherwise I would've been totally embarrassed. XD

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Wow... good battle. As soon as Meteor Mash raised Metagross' Attack, you were effed. :P

But you OHKOed Starmie with Extremespeed... bastard.

And you met my pure special sweeping Gengar... MUCH better than my SubPuncher.

I had fun, though! Now that I knew your Lucario, I took a bit of extra caution with it. And Umbreon I hate... but it's pretty much a welcome to set up any sweeper, sadly.

EDIT: yeah, I got insanely lucky with Freezing Togekiss on the first bloody turn. But you got your fair share of luck with Critical Hits!

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    Wow... good battle. As soon as Meteor Mash raised Metagross' Attack, you were effed. :P

But you OHKOed Starmie with Extremespeed... bastard.

And you met my pure special sweeping Gengar... MUCH better than my SubPuncher.

I had fun, though! Now that I knew your Lucario, I took a bit of extra caution with it. And Umbreon I hate... but it's pretty much a welcome to set up any sweeper, sadly.

EDIT: yeah, I got insanely lucky with Freezing Togekiss on the first bloody turn. But you got your fair share of luck with Critical Hits!
    No, after you used Agility AND had the Attack boost, I was effed. :P And, hey, after freezing my Togekiss, I needed that CH. XD

Yeah, my Gengar is a special sweeper. Though, with Hypnosis and Focus Blast, I complete inaccurate one, hence the life saving Focus Sash being a necessity.

And, my Umbreon is a complete ass to any sweeper trying to set up who isn't named Metagross. Any sweeper trying to do that will be greeted with a -2 Attack thanks to Charm. But Metagross' Clear Body makes that move void, and it is immune to Toxic, so Umbreon just becomes Metagross' plaything. :(

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    i think i had a totally unfair advantage in this one... i knew your team lol. it's not everyday that i get to pull off belly drum, but i knew your team well enough to know you'd switch gengar in.

anywho, thanks for the battle.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Wow, Samson... that Hiramaya, or whatever his name is, is a tank. If it weren't for me thinking you'd switch (and thus using Earthquake), I might have stood a chance. I mean, being able to absorb a Dragon Claw AND a Shadow Ball? That's some serious tankanocity.

Not to mention you got really lucky with Meteor Mash missing. *tear*, I think that might have OHKOed Glaceon.

Ah well, that team surprised me. Good job!

EDIT: That's right, you sonsa*****, next time we battle you should at least tell me your team! I had a few new guys in my team, but generally it's the same basics as my original. So :P to you. haha

I'll be looking forward to our next battle!

Oi vey... one more loss and I'm in the double digits. How can I appear powerful and intimidating when I've got a loss record in the double digits??? hahaha

Last edited:

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    lol yeah, hariyama would be useless otherwise. i was somewhat expecting shadow ball to do more damage than that, seeing as how tho it has max hp evs, it has no special defense evs. i suppose HP always prevails. if it would've, i'd really have no one left to take blissey out (well... yanmega does get lucky sometimes).

and actually, Meteor Mash wouldn't have OHKOd Glaceon... at least mine. it would do a good 80%-90%, but with near max hp evs and 110 base def, it would've definitely survived it.

Back