• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Richard Steel's Battle Stadium

Jibby

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    i know!
    i completely forgot about blisseys thunder wave! i wish i wouldve remembered it earlier, i mightve been able to put a stop to metagross and our battle couldve gotten even more intense!
    haha, thanks again for that great match!
    you have to be the funnest person to battle.
    i cant wait for our next battle.
    :)

Luigi264

just call me Dr. Eggman
    Years
    Same here! I was nervous for a while... and your Weavile is insanely fast, I was surprised it outran Gengar. But Weavile will always be a free switch for Metagross... to be honest, you probably should have paralyzed Metagross sooner, not wait until the end. Would have given your Garchomp a chance to make dog meat of him, if Earthquake would have been an OHKO, of course. But good battle! Finally a battle where there were so few hax, it didn't even affect the game much... except Meteor Mash raising Attack, which was bound to happen eventually. After that, Blissey was done for.

And Luigi, Jesus H. Christ dude, calm down. "Nincompoop" was probably the least insulting thing I could have said, and was meant to be funny and playful, but I guess you took it the wrong way. Like c_dog said, I was merely informing you about your mistake, and considering the circumstances Dig was used, I thought it'd be helpful for you. The Dig-Earthquake combo is something very few know about (mainly because you never see Dig in competitive battling). I guess we didn't share a laugh over it, eh?

I heard a saying YEARS ago that has never left me: "Blessed be the man who can laugh at himself, for he shall never cease to be entertained."

And Shift, I'm not mad that I got badly haxed today (slightly pissy, I admit), but not full blown mad. It's the game we play, ya know? Gotta accept it sometimes. :)

EDIT: Luigi, apology accepted, but don't take things too personally. I'd think you understand my character well enough to know that I don't do insults, I play around. My sense of humour can be dark, I admit that, but I never say anything with the firm intention of hurting someone.

i feel so bad to think you would say something to be mean, but im stressed out. im sure you can under stand how it fells to be the loser cause we all were losers once, right?
    and that saying you mentioned, i no that as well i always laugh at my self and how stupid i am so just ignore that nasty post. in fact ill delete it so we all can forget about it.
    and sorry, i guess im a bad pest who brings in too much drama than whats needed...
    i suck...T.T

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 30, 2007
    i feel so bad to think you would say something to be mean, but im stressed out. im sure you can under stand how it fells to be the loser cause we all were losers once, right?
    and that saying you mentioned, i no that as well i always laugh at my self and how stupid i am so just ignore that nasty post. in fact ill delete it so we all can forget about it.
    and sorry, i guess im a bad pest who brings in too much drama than whats needed...
    i suck...T.T

I think you just need a big cup of self-confidence/esteem.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    You okay, dude? I'm still sucky and I'm proud! (of course I'm working to get better). You should be proud too! Besides, it'll feel great when ya' win! Hope I helped ya' luigi.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    i know!
    i completely forgot about blisseys thunder wave! i wish i wouldve remembered it earlier, i mightve been able to put a stop to metagross and our battle couldve gotten even more intense!
    haha, thanks again for that great match!
    you have to be the funnest person to battle.
    i cant wait for our next battle.

Yeah, I'm not sure what would have happened if you Thunder Waved Gross earlier on... don't forget that I did have Blissey still to use Aromatherapy. But at the point, it would be slightly useless. And I'll be waiting for our rematch! You're really very good at this, and outsmarted me a few times (and then the times I *think* you'll switch, so I use Surf against Starmie, or Claydol's Ice Beam against Jolteon). haha, talk about over predicting, eh? I guess I'll have to start predicting your prediction about my prediction. :\

Anyways, Luigi, don't worry about it. Sure we all lose sometimes, and yet again, we all win sometimes. Maybe you're setting your sights a bit high. When I first started playing chess, I wouldn't have dreamed of facing a Russian Grand Master... and likewise, I'm not exactly the easiest player here on PC. I'm outclassed by a few others (Nightofshadow in particular), but I'm no lightweight either. All you need is a bit of practice in the field to hone in on some basic skills, knowing when to switch and when to predict a switch, and maybe a bit of help on your Poke's movesets. Ever consider posting in the "Rate My Team" forums, to get a bit of advice? I'll personally critique your team if you so wish!

Jibby

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Yeah, I'm not sure what would have happened if you Thunder Waved Gross earlier on... don't forget that I did have Blissey still to use Aromatherapy. But at the point, it would be slightly useless. And I'll be waiting for our rematch! You're really very good at this, and outsmarted me a few times (and then the times I *think* you'll switch, so I use Surf against Starmie, or Claydol's Ice Beam against Jolteon). haha, talk about over predicting, eh? I guess I'll have to start predicting your prediction about my prediction. :\

haha, thats complicated!
    i just got lucky on my guesses, i knew you thought i was gonna switch out starmie cause i did before but other than that i just got lucky.
    i need to figure out a way to beat your claydol...
    without having to train a whole new pokemon.
    hes a real slugger!
    i'll figure something out...
    until then, fair well richard, good luck on your future battles.
    ;)

p.s. isnt claydols defense worse than his sp. defense?

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    haha, thats complicated!
    i just got lucky on my guesses, i knew you thought i was gonna switch out starmie cause i did before but other than that i just got lucky.
    i need to figure out a way to beat your claydol...
    without having to train a whole new pokemon.
    hes a real slugger!
    i'll figure something out...
    until then, fair well richard, good luck on your future battles.
    ;)

p.s. isnt claydols defense worse than his sp. defense?

Very true! His Defense is 105, and Special Defense is 120. However, his typing and Ability (Levitate) makes him much more capable of walling Physical hits, since he's weak to three of the primary special attacks out there (Water, Grass and Ghost), and he resists Fighting, Rock, and Electric (the main physical attacks Skarmory has a bit of trouble with). So with the correct nature and EVs, he can wall every physical attack that Skarmory can't (both being backed up by Blissey), and Claydol can also take a few special hits when he needs to, like completely absorbing a Focus Blast from a Choice Specs Alakazam, which would otherwise cause both Blissey AND Skarmory to duck and cover. He's just an all around great dual wall! Claydol + Blissey + Skarmory = the best walling setup ever, IMO. The only thing that can't be resisted among them, that I can think of, is one single move: Waterfall (or any physical Water attack). And Skarmory usually takes only mediocre damage from those anyways, but still doesn't resist it.

I was a fool to ever think of switching him for Garchomp. ;)

Jibby

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    haha, thanks for the info richard!
    i'll try to figure out how to put a stop to your ClayBlissSkar combo!
    youre an incredible battler richard,
    and i cant wait for our next battle!

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 30, 2007
    haha, thanks for the info richard!
    i'll try to figure out how to put a stop to your ClayBlissSkar combo!
    youre an incredible battler richard,
    and i cant wait for our next battle!

How to stop ClayBlissSkarm? One word: Tauntrados.

Shift

Stolen from Wifiddle at Smogon
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2008
    There's another one. It happens to be on my team as well. it's a legendary though. Azelf. You need to predict right. But with Energy Ball for Claydol, Thunder Bolt for Skarmory, and Explosion for Blissey, it packs a nice little punch. Richard doesn't fancy me using him however.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 30, 2007
    There's another one. It happens to be on my team as well. it's a legendary though. Azelf. You need to predict right. But with Energy Ball for Claydol, Thunder Bolt for Skarmory, and Explosion for Blissey, it packs a nice little punch. Richard doesn't fancy me using him however.

That little pixie was the MVP of my first competitive wifi team. But it was too frail to sweep entire teams of good trainers.

Richard Steel should really consider lifting his ban on legendaries. He's really limiting himself competitively in a metagame where non-uber legendaries can be used. Pokemon like tyranitar, salamence, gyarados, and garchomp are easily as powerful or more powerful than many of the legendaries.

Oh, and Steel, thanks again for Blissey!

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Well Richard, you think you're hot stuff? Well I am here to tell you that your not! [Oh no he didn't] Thats right, I found my gloves, and am ready to challenge you! First thing tommorrow morning! (EST)

So when you are ready, EN GAURDE!

HAVE AT THEE!

Shift

Stolen from Wifiddle at Smogon
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2008
    I really doubt he thinks he's hot stuff. I beat him. I think I'm the hot stuff. ^_^

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    That little pixie was the MVP of my first competitive wifi team. But it was too frail to sweep entire teams of good trainers.

Richard Steel should really consider lifting his ban on legendaries. He's really limiting himself competitively in a metagame where non-uber legendaries can be used. Pokemon like tyranitar, salamence, gyarados, and garchomp are easily as powerful or more powerful than many of the legendaries.

Oh, and Steel, thanks again for Blissey!

Hey, no thanks needed! You're putting her to good use, right? ;)

I was thinking of lifting my ban on legends, actually. Even so, I've come across a few and beaten them... Cresselia, Azelf, Manaphy, Heatran... and all of them crumbled. Hell, I completely OHKOed Heatran with Claydol's Earthquake. And after seeing just how much of a punch Metagross can pack, I think I now understand that a lot of the legendaries can and will crumble if they can be outrun. Only thing is... they're rather intimidating. XD

And you are right, Taunt-DD Gyarados really crews me up, but I have a method to defeat him, and if I do it at the right time, it doesn't fail. I've only been swept by him once, and never again. Besides, if he comes in against Blissey, he'll get a taste of Thunder Wave.

Anyways, Sims, if you're on right now, we could duke it out!

I need to make some coffee... mmm... coffee.

Years
    Richard Steel i hear lots from you..
    i wish i could have a good battle with you but sadly my team is not ev train so when it is please battle me..

Back