• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rivals Challenge

11wildy

Me!
    Years
    So what should I do right now to start ? :S

Edit: 3 subs allowed, does that mean I can use 9 pokemon in total?
    Edit 2: What starter do I have to pick, since that makes a lot of difference in my planned team. Also, what are the rules on legendary pokemon.

Last edited:

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
    Years
    So what should I do right now to start ? :S

Edit: 3 subs allowed, does that mean I can use 9 pokemon in total?
    Edit 2: What starter do I have to pick, since that makes a lot of difference in my planned team. Also, what are the rules on legendary pokemon.
    y

You can use as many subs as you want.
    You can start now if you want
    No lengendarys unless your team/rivals decide you can.
    Chimchar if you want all 3 starters, or if not all3 starters then any poke.
    Or if ur team/rivals will let you then you can restart with new teams(Highly dout that though)

11wildy

Me!
    Years
    Ok, I'll use Chimchar and no legendaries, no problem. I assume they haven't started yet, since they didn't have a group? And I don't understand what you mean with your last sentence, about new teams?

Lezza

Years
    I mean restarting the whole thing for them so you can use Piplup or somat

2/1-0. GG I had the advantage with Evolution and Priority so easy win no offence
    Lezza(Lemmy)-3 poi
    VelQ-1 poi
    key poi-Points

Last edited:

11wildy

Me!
    Years
    Well obviously they wont, but if they are far in the game it's kinda hard for me to reach them, so I'd like to know how far exactly they are. If it's like after first gym they could wait for me to get there and battle them.

VelocityQ

Back from the dead!
    Years
    Case #1: Velo vs. Lezza
    Almost sort of a close call.

Lezza:
    Monferno, Lillipup

Velo:
    Charmander, Lillipup

Lillipup is sent out. As well as Monferno. Monferno kicks Lillipup's butt, then I send out Charmander. Then Monferno starts kicking Charmader's butt. When Charmander is weak, Lezza switched to Lillipup and I uses a Potion. Charmander THEN uses Flare Blitz and almost defeats it. I should of used Ember or Flare Blitz again. Charmander is taken down and so is Lillipup because of recoil from Take Down. Good game, Lezza.

Oh, yeah, they haven't.

11wildy

Me!
    Years
    But Velocity is playing gen 5, while I'm playing gen 4? :S
    Also I haven't planned my team yet, apart from Infernape and gyarados. Do I really need to post it, since I might be constantly switching a few pokemon in and out, to keep the element of surprise. :S

Also, the pokemon traded over, must it be in an egg, or can it be of the same level as my other pokemon in team at that moment. Also, may it have any egg moves? Since that opens a lot more perspectives.

11wildy

Me!
    Years
    Well, what's the level cap for the battle after first gym? 15 or something? And how many pokemon can be used? I have just started doing the beginning stuff. :)

11wildy

Me!
    Years
    And the rules on trading in pokemon, just as egg or can it be of same level as the rest of the team? And can it have egg moves?

Lezza

Years
    Again read before posts, Yes can be same level or have egg moves. Like I used a All punching Monferno Fakeout and Mach Punch replacing Ice Punch

11wildy

Me!
    Years
    Will we have a 3 pokemon cap for every battle, since imo it would be fun to slowly increase the amount, like 3 pokemon for first 2 gyms, 4 for 3th and 4th gym, 5 for 5th and 6th gym and full team of 6 for the last 2 gyms and after E4.

11wildy

Me!
    Years
    *MESSAGE TO VELOCITYQ and GGK*

Will you both agree on slowly increasing the pokemon cap, like 3 pokemon for first 2 gyms, 4 for 3th and 4th gym, 5 for 5th and 6th gym and full team of 6 for the last 2 gyms and after E4.

This way we do actually have to train multiple pokemon, and it increases the competitive factor in the challenge.

Back