• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K/3 Pokemon Battle System

Are you planning on using the battle sys in your game?

• Yes

Votes: 88 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I guess the only problem I'm having with RMXP is the fact that most of the resources are in .xyz. Yeah, I know I'm being a bit lazy. Well, I've found one way to decrease the number of variables.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Well, I used the fact that rm2k3 can take at maximum 7 digits. RMXP can take 8 though. I still don't understand those 4 digit numbers though.

Years
    Daegon_Kimeron said:
    Well, I used the fact that rm2k3 can take at maximum 7 digits. RMXP can take 8 though. I still don't understand those 4 digit numbers though.
    Oh yeah like variable splitting and stuff... It is a little complicated by the fact that variables aren't always 2-digit..

Years
    Oh yeah now I remember! I made that ferocity thing for critical hits.. Almost forgot.. Neodragon made me remember.. I just didn't add any text showing the criticat hit thing..

Anyway I have been talking to a brazillian rpg maker who is leading a team to make a pokemon battle system similar to this.. I asked him if he and his team would like to come over to PC and merge projects with this. He seemed very excited about it and he is going to talk to his team members :P Maybe this project will continue

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Hey, that's great news! How did you get into contact with a brzillian rpg maker anyway?

Years
    Daegon_Kimeron said:
    Hey, that's great news! How did you get into contact with a brzillian rpg maker anyway?
    He contacted me.. I saw some of his team's work and it looked very good.
    He seemed to be having similar troubles that I was and his engine was set up pretty much the same.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Krazy, does this brazillian team speak english?

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2007
    hehe!!! Very good News!!!Cant wait for next relase!!!
    Krazy u r Crazy :P :)

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I'd just like to say that the battle sys's coming on great. I'm going to use as much of the time I have on weekends as possible. Krazy, could you tell me what the "universal atk slot" variables do?

Years
    I think it is just blank variables which I used to store the pokemon's attacks. Every pokemon has a different set of attacks and I needed to know which ones were available to use in battle.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2007
    Great News!!!
    I start downloaded!!!
    I must take credit you , krazy or you and krazy?

Thanks Matt ;)

====EDIT====
    UUUUUUU... this must be fixed a lot.
    1.When you attack(select tackle) your latias hurt himself...
    2.When you attack game will be lagged(cant attack , only have music)

I think this must be fixed :)

Thanks Matt ;)

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    No NO NO!!! You shouldn't download that. It needs fixing and stuff. You should use the other release.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Take link? What does that mean? BTW Krazy, I fixed the enemy HP thing. One more thing, what do the "active HP" and "active enemy HP" variables do? They haven't got anything to do with the actual HP.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2007
    Why i can download this?
    BTW.This is great BS (level system , bags, name system etc.) but must be fixed a lot.

Thanks Matt ;)

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    It was to get help for the battle sys. I'm waiting for your answer Krazy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back