• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K/3 Pokemon Battle System

Are you planning on using the battle sys in your game?

• Yes

Votes: 88 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    Oh. I thought it worked great... No lag period. If you hit F5, you know making it as small as possible, it reduces a lot of lag too if you have any.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I didn't have any problems on my 64mb pentium 2 500mhz computer, so there shouldn't really be any lag for anyone else.

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
    Years
    • Age 34
    • usa
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    Krazy_Meerkat said:
    No, you're computer is probably laggy. It works on a few computers I tried but when I tried it on an old computer it lagged up..
    my pc is up to date XP proffessional and I scanned it It was the RTP that made it slow so I got a new rm2k3 rtp it works fine now sorry about dat. :D

PS im gonna try and help out. The only things for now that I will try and add will be switching pokemon ofcourse you won't have the right pokemon icons but you'll get the idea.

I might try a double team but um it might take awhile but atleast i'll give it a shot.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    I can do attack graphics =) Not actually code them but now that I think about it, I can do attack graphics great!

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I can do attack graphics =) Not actually code them but now that I think about it, I can do attack graphics great!
    I was worrying that no one would get around to doing those. Good luck.

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
    Years
    • Age 34
    • usa
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    Daegon_Kimeron said:
    I was worrying that no one would get around to doing those. Good luck.
    Attack graphics are easy as heck just open rm2k/3 type a message using the text you want for your battle graphics test play take a screenshot and save the attack graphic.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I was referring to the pokemon ones. They each have to be ripped, so no one really took it up. Anyway, has anyone tried opening the pokemon .gba file in Visual C++ or Visual Studio? If anyone has, could they post?

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    Actually, I was going to make them, not rip them.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I don't see a lot of progress on the battle sys lately. Krazy, if you're still willing, could you carry on?

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Daegon, maybe you could take the lead for a while. I've been really swamped with other stuff that I haven't found much time to work on my own game let alone the battle system lately.

Esai

♥♥♥ With Bubbleicious ♥&#9
    Years
  • yes... the cbs can be downloaded but it is very old, so it would be better to wait for a new demo to be released

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I think that the link was on the 39th page or something. I guess I'll have to take charge temporarily then. I'll go get started.

zephadus

Trainer upset about # of PKMN
    Years
  • Wow, I haven't been here for like, a year...
    ...And it's made no progress?
    I am both shocked and saddened.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Wow, I haven't been here for like, a year...
    ...And it's made no progress?
    I am both shocked and saddened.
    Well, I guess things went pretty bad after the news about Krazy.

Years
  • I really don't have the time to carry on with the project at the moment sorry..
    I am really only here for help on the coding. The last release was all I have done with it in a long time..
    It's not that old, the last release is pretty advanced.. For rm2k3 I suppose... I was thinking about an rmxp version of it but I won't even make a start on that for a long time.
    Rmxp seems to be a lot better with pictures.. So instead of 1 million hp pictures, I can modify the x dimensions of the picture to fit the hp bar nicely. 100Y x 2000X means that will be a very long picture :)

I was probably the only one passionate about this project to spend all of my time on it so I am not too worried if there is not another release. I am happy I acheived so much :P

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
    Years
  • Yeah, take your time Krazy....

Maybe some people here will carry on the work onto RMXP for you :)....

~Jeff

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back