• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K/3 Pokemon Battle System

Are you planning on using the battle sys in your game?

• Yes

Votes: 88 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    Common (meaning talking and stuff like in an intro where you go get your first pokemon) events and story creation. Not sure if I could help with the major coding or not. However, if you don't think I can handle common events, I could probably do better mapping. I don't want all 3 though.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Barry - Common Events are things like day/night systems, clock systems, running etc. Things that you make in the common events tab on the database. So to clarify what do you want to help with?

DMMP - The story would be created by the story writers.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    Oh whoops, I was thinking map events. Ok, story and mapping.

Years
  • I wouldn't mind giving a hand with a few things.. I just don't like being the lead programmer..
    I could help out on the cbs every now and then.. I have things to do but if you are having trouble with it then I will be glad to lend a hand..

Daegon also told me that he was trying to convert the battle system to rmxp.. He said that it was done but he hadn't tested it yet.. Apparently he converted a few things to rgss so that it was still possible..

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I can do Common events, Story and Mapping.

If you want, you can just use the prologue of Metamorph and go with that. Obviously if you didn't want to create 100+ new Pokemon, then you can edit the part where it said: "Mew created all new Pokemon". I'd much rather be part of a team that probably will succeed, than by myself where I'll probably give up somewhere along the lines XD

Last edited:

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
  • I always thought that I was doing the mapping as well... fair enough. If you want me as a mapper I'd be glad to help. if not no loss.

Years
  • Yeah you were right rm2k3kid, you were doing the mapping.
    Mr Cat Dog, we wanted this game to be unique and have it's own storyline.. Unfortuantely we never got that far.. You can discuss your ideas with phoenix :)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Krazy_Meerkat said:
    Yeah you were right rm2k3kid, you were doing the mapping.
    Mr Cat Dog, we wanted this game to be unique and have it's own storyline.. Unfortuantely we never got that far.. You can discuss your ideas with phoenix :)

Well, if you're sure. But I'm sure you guys would be able to make a better job of it than I would... *runs off to cry :'(:'(* XD

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Daegon also told me that he was trying to convert the battle system to rmxp.. He said that it was done but he hadn't tested it yet.. Apparently he converted a few things to rgss so that it was still possible..
    Don't get your hopes up. Ruby doesn't seem to be as similar to C++ as I thought.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    This project seems intruiging... I'd be willing to put my project, POTW on hold, and work on this. I can do mapping, if the help is still needed. I enjoy mapping towns. Also, since GOTS is going no where at this time, I think I could do this. I could help out mapping for a while. This project actually looks like it could be done quickly, and, since it appears to have some of the best minds in the Community working on it, I think this could be top notch. If anyone wants, I'll ask DarkPegasus if he would like to do custom pokemon design/graphics design.

Edit: Hey, since there are so many great minds working on this project, I think that this game should do something really amazing, something never done before, with either the story, or features, or something along those lines. I don't know what, but, I really feel this project needs a unique flair. Maybe different trainer outfits... That seems to be the biggest thing that people want, that never happens. That, or something along those lines... This definitly has the potential to be the best project (of course, probably not better than COL) on this board.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    You want me to help out? with what?
    I thought this was just a topic about coding battle systems not an actual project...

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • yeah- i think another PINNED(sticky) thread should be done- stating what needs to be done with the project. As i said, I'll help out with the events on maps...

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
    Years
  • I could help out with mapping,some map events,GFX but I don't have any great ideas so everything must be told to me to the last pixel.Oh if I ever forget about something I am sorry because I am working for several projects.

Years
  • Kyledove, well we got together and decided to make a game with the actual battle system in it.. We hadn't thought of a name yet or a storyline or anything so we just made this thread for the battle. We were gonna keep it private but then we just decided to make it public.

DMMP, What do you mean nobody has ever made custom trainer outfits? I have!
    I really don't like the way people are using my ideas and claiming them as their own. I want my own features to be unique and if everyone else starts using them then they're no longer unique at all.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    You want me to help out? with what?
    I thought this was just a topic about coding battle systems not an actual project...
    Yeah, it did start off as a couple of members contributing to the battle sys, but we agreed some time after that it would be better for all of us to make an actual project. I think that you should help out in whatever your good at, or want to have a go at.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    Com'on, get the story and details together, and lets get this started!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back