• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMT - Balanced Team - OU, 4th Gen.

Years
  • :-) Name is back!
    Ok for Lonely on Vire.
    I agree with what you about the Umbreon speed thing. I'm just curious as which pokemon you intend to outspeed. I know it outdoes a 6 spd ev skarm at 48. I like it, i just want to adjust the EVs.

I'm not too sure about the lack of Rapid spin on Donphan. But i really need a Phazer. Hows this:
    Donphan @ Lefties
    Impish | 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Atk
    ~EQ
    ~Stone Edge/RockSlide/Roar
    ~Rapid Spin
    ~Ice Shard

I just remembered He can learn Rock Polish, lol
    EDIT:Yanmegas Bug buzz will only do 52-60% damage if it is modest and max SAtk EVs. Even then, if you do 52% then its a 3HKO due to Lefties. If Slowking had a CM or two, then its a whole different story.
    ~Archer~​

Last edited:

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • No need for rock Polish, especially on the roar set, cause roar always goes last.

Donphan@Leftovers
    Impish
    252 HP, 220 Def, 36 Atk

Earthquake
    Roar
    Ice Shard
    Rapid Spin

Don't give it SE / RS, the flying types are taken care of with Ice Shard, and Fire Types with Earthquake. (Anything else you can roar away, or switch out) Ice Shard is the Priority Move you need. Those EV's are all you need. 36 is the only atk EV's you need, as 40 won't do anything different. To guarantee a 2HKO on Garchomp, you will need something like 64 I think....

~M51

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    :-) Name is back!
    Ok for Lonely on Vire.
    I agree with what you about the Umbreon speed thing. I'm just curious as which pokemon you intend to outspeed. I know it outdoes a 6 spd ev skarm at 48. I like it, i just want to adjust the EVs.

I'm not too sure about the lack of Rapid spin on Donphan. But i really need a Phazer. Hows this:
    Donphan @ Lefties
    Impish | 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Atk
    ~EQ
    ~Stone Edge/RockSlide/Roar
    ~Rapid Spin
    ~Ice Shard

I just remembered He can learn Rock Polish, lol

(I'm Going to edit this after i do some damage calcs)

~Archer~​

Ah.. you're my reminder for the Tournament =D

You could also have Rest/Stealth Rock in place of the bolded area

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • True, but you would want to rest on a Physical Sweeper, obviously....lol.

Either that, or you can have a Cleric to sort it out for you. Is Sleep Talk an Option then?

~M51

Years
  • @Mullac - Yanmegas Bug buzz will only do 52-60% damage if it is modest and max SAtk EVs. Even then, if you do 52% then its a 3HKO due to Lefties. If Slowking had a CM or two, then its a whole different story.

I only said Rock Polish as a joke. The Extra Atk EVs were to compensate for IV differences, as this is a Wifi team.

OFFTOPIC: Name, I have to talk to you about the Tourney. (I'll send you a PM)

Last edited:

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • As I was giving a Yanmega example as mine, here it is:

Yanmega@Focus Sash
    Modest
    252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd, 6 Sp. Def
    31 IV's Sp. Atk, Spd

Air Slash
    HP Ice
    Protect
    Bug Buzz

Also, as I stated, with the CM increase, it would no longer be a problem... :)

~M51

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • Then you're gonna wanna.

A. Not show your Vire until you see theirs.
    B. Predict well their T-bolt/punch.

Otherwise, game over.

P.S. I believe that was the original thinking behind Naive, now that I think wasn't it? To outspeed the Vire without Motor Drive?

~M51

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • Again, here is where hippowdon would come in handy. You could change Gengar to a Specsgar.

Gengar@Choice Specs
    Timid
    252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP

Thunderbolt
    Shadow Ball
    HP Ice
    Focus Blast / Energy Ball

~M51

Years
  • Both say hi to Vire :P

I prefer Donphan, but both work pretty well. I hate killing off my team with sandstorm to be honest though.

Yeah, sandstorm is one of the reasons i chose donphan.

Tangrowth sounds nice for replacing Umbreon, but i was considering using Miltank, purely for the Heal Bell support, as my team is weak to Status Inducers. (Twave is nasty unless i predict it and switch in Vire)

Darkblade

The Ultimate Espeon Fanatic
    Years
  • Sandstorm is a bit of a bugger to use in a non sandstorm team, so I suggest not to use it, and yeah, I'd go with Miltank for heal bell

Back