• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMT:OU(Shoddy)(OMG, this team doesn't have Charizard!)

ThePlaya

I Am The Charizard Master
Years
  • The Lineup:

I've built this SandStorm team a while ago and have used it in a lot of battles and have been proven to be very successful. This team has racked me up several wins and some few losses. All of the losses have been mainly because of Heatran, SubCM Suicune, and Infernape. Those are the 3 pokes that are always ruining me. I also see that I lack a Sp.Sweeper but that hasn't been much of a problem. And as you can see, my team has no speed at all but that hasn't been a big problem unless one of my 3 big threats don't show up.

Tyranitar @Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Dance
    - Stone Edge
    - Crunch

This guy basically sets up the SandStorm for my team and also takes out Azelf Leads. Rarely do I have the chance to DD more than 2 times but when it does, it becomes a beast and almost nothing can stop it. Since I lack the speed, I just gave this guy the 252 Speed EV's so that I can outrun several things with just 1 DD and hopefully take out a couple of my opponents pokes.

Cradily @Leftovers
    Ability: Suction Cups
    EVs: 252 HP/158 Def/100 SDef
    Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Energy Ball
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Recover
    - Protect

This guy works perfectly in my team and annoys the crap out of people. Although several people disagree he is any good, many victorys were because of this guy. This EV spread gets him up to 268 Defense and around 455 Sp.Def with the SS boost. He basically stalls and lets the SS damage and Toxic Spikes damage take its toll. When I'm stalling, I basically just use protect 1 turn, Recover the next turn, sometimes attack the next, and just repeat that pattern over and over. HP Ice lets me cover Dragon Types, Gliscor, some Grass Types and Energy Ball for a Nice Stab. Many people don't expect my Cradily carrying HP Ice so they think that there precious Dragon will be able to set up on him, but they can't.

Regirock @Leftovers
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 SDef
    Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Thunder Wave
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Punch
    - Thunderpunch

I've recently added this guy to my team and has helped me out a lot. He can take hits very well with his impressive defensive stats and his Sp.Def with the SS boost. With this EV spread, both of his defenses reach over 450. Basically, this guy takes hits from both sides and Twaves and cripples those speedy pokes. Tpunch and Ipunch are there for coverage and Earthquake for those Heatrans and Infernapes I have trouble with. Will be replacing with Starmie.

Bronzong @Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/48 Def/204 SDef
    Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Toxic
    - Gyro Ball
    - Explosion
    - Stealth Rock

He basically just sets up Stealth Rock and poison flying pokes that don't get poisoned by Toxic Spikes. Gyro Ball for a nice STAB and when I feel he can't do anything else, he goes BOOM and most of the times brings one poke down with him.

Forretress @Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 Def
    - Gyro Ball
    - Protect
    - Rapid Spin
    - Toxic Spikes

He is the guy who makes Cradily Shine in my team. He sets up those deadly Toxic Spikes and then all the magic happens. Gyro Ball for a nice STAB and Rapid Spin since I lack a Spinner. Protect to help me stall. I don't want Explosion since I will probably need him again to set up Toxic Spikes when a poison type soaks him or a spinner spins them away. Also because he helps cradily stall with protect.

Skarmory @Leftovers
    Ability: Keen Eye
    - Brave Bird
    - Roost
    - Spikes
    - Whirlwind

Well, he's your standard Skarmory. Drill Peck for a STAB and Roost to recover damage taken when setting up Spikes. Whirlwind so that I can get rid of those Substituters, threats, pokes that try/are set-up, or just watch my opponents team take damage with SR, Spikes, and get poisoned with Toxic Spikes.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    The Lineup:

Tyranitar @Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly nature
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Dance
    - Stone Edge / Taunt
    - Crunch

LOL, impish =/.

If your using this guy as a lead, the #1 lead Bronzong will try to set up on you so Taunt is a very nice option here.

Cradily @Leftovers
    Ability: Suction Cups
    EVs: 252 HP/158 Def/100 SDef
    Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Energy Ball
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Recover
    - Toxic / Stealth Rock

Protect is garbage without wish tbh.

Regirock @Leftovers
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 SDef
    Careful nature
    - Thunder Wave / Toxic
    - Earthquake / Stealth Rock
    - Ice Punch / Stealth Rock
    - Stone Edge / Rock Slide

I really dont like T-Wave on this, as most of its switch ins are like bulky grounds

No STAB is fail.

Use a + sp.def nature

Bronzong @Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/48 Def/204 SDef
    - Toxic
    - Gyro Ball
    - Explosion
    - Stealth Rock

Meh, ok. Consider Reflect and/or Light screen. >>Toxic and/or Explosion.

Forretress @Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    - Gyro Ball
    - Earthquake
    - Rapid Spin
    - Toxic Spikes

Again Protect =/.

Skarmory @Shed Shell
    Ability: Keen Eye
    - Brave Bird
    - Roost
    - Spikes
    - Whirlwind

Brave Bird is better, so you can at least do more that 2 lol.

Shed Shell or zone goes lolollol at all 3 of your steel walls.

Comments in bold

This is VERY metagame weak.

What i suggest is you add some versatility, when making a weather team ALL OF YOUR TEAM DOES NOT HAVE TO BE IMMUNE TO SAID WEATHER CONDITION.

Lucario, Heracross, Machamp, Gallade, Breloom rips it to pieces.

Garchomp also smashes you.

Gliscor >> Forry would do a world of good, as it can stop most of the aforementioned in conjunction with Skarmory.

Gliscor@Leftovers
    252 HP / 184 DEF / 72 SPEED
    Impish nature
    - Knock Off / Taunt
    - Roost
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang

AA could go in the first slot aswell if you fear SD Heracross.

Sadly, so does Specs Starmie, it has the ability to OHKO and 2hko everything here with just Hydro Pump/Surf, bar cradily who is 2hko'd with Stealth rock up with ice Beam and Bronzong, who cant do anything to star anyway apart from blow up ? =/.

Suicune sets up blindly here aswell.

Both cradilly AND regirock on the same team is redundant, they do the exact same thing...special wall...

So, Rest talk Calm zapdos >> either Cradilly or Regirock would help your team absorb status, and help with said suicune and starmie to some extent.

Put Stealth Rock on the whoever is left out of Regi or Cradily.

Zapdos@Leftovers
    252 HP / 216.SP.DEF / 40 speed
    Calm nature
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Discharge
    - Hidden power Ice/ Toxic

Obligatory Mixape and Gyara here weakness aswell.

A simple Starmie >>Bronzong with the standard spinning set would go along way here to help that and can be supported

Starmie@Leftovers
    160 hp / 132 sp.att / 216 speed
    Timid Nature
    Trait : Natural Cure
    - Thunderbolt
    - Surf
    - Rapid Spin
    - Recover.

Tar/Star/Zappy/Cradily or Regi/Skarmory/Gliscor

Something like that

ThePlaya

I Am The Charizard Master
    Years
  • OK, I will switch Ttar's nature to Jolly and Remove Regirock for something else. Like that Starmie you gave me. But I really want to keep Forry since he sets up Toxic Spikes. And also because I have tried out Gliscor in my team already and wasn't helpful that much. Will also switch Drill Peck for Brave Bird and zone hasn't really been a problem for me since I've only seen like one with this team. But protect is really useful for my team. But you haven't been able to see that since whenever I battle you, your Suicune always sweeps my team(:P).
    BTW, would replacing Bronzong with MixPert be a good idea(The one straight out of Smogon)?

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Because of Cradily's Suction Cups he can't be phazed so Stockpile and/or Swords Dance are nice touches, (of course HP Ice and Energy Ball don't work with Swords Dance, but after an SD a Stabed Rock Slide will do a lot to Salamences and Dragonite)

Really just a suggestion. It doesn't help much of your weaknesses though. I'd think Special Attack should be higher on your priority list.

Back