• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMT OU Smogon, shoddy battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zurich

Optimus Prime
Years
  • This is my first rmt for competitive battle. I am doing pretty good with it but i think that i can do better.
    If i can make any changes plz tell me.
    Each of the next movesets are self-explanatory.

Shaggy.

Relaxed/Leftovers 252 HP / 162 Atk / 96 Def
    Toxic spikes
    Gyro Ball
    Rapid Spin
    Explosion

Sphiro.

Adamant/leftovers 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Speed
    Dragon Dance
    Dragon claw
    Earthquake
    Fire blast

Mozilla.

Timid/Choice Scarf 4 HP / 252 Sp.atk/ 252 Speed
    Thunder Bolt
    Tri attack
    Dark pulse
    Ice beam

Koga.

Modest/lum berry 252 HP / 152 Sp.Atk / 104 Speed
    Nasty Plot
    Air Slash
    Aura sphere
    Roost

Poseidon.

Bold/leftovers 188 HP / 252 Def / 68 Sp.Atk
    Wish
    Surf
    Ice beam
    Hidden power electric

Goku.

Adamant/life orb 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
    Close Combat
    Sword Dance
    Extremespeed
    Stone Edge

Did some changes: September 16
    (this team is not definitive)

Last edited:

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Ewww Tbolt and Eball are a bit redundant
    Be a man, go focus blast, or blissey COMPLETELY walls you.

Honestly looks like every other team, 100% offensive.

BulkyGyara lead is not very good, as lots of Gengars are leads and Azelf could give him trouble.

You are EXTREMELY SR weak. I suggest you run a spinner SOME WHERE.

2 Flyer's AND a sasher?

yeah, that won't get you the win tbh.

This team is pretty standard.

StrickeN

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    then don't post RMT threads for help

With prediction monotype flying can win.
    Prediction is the key to any win, but in my upcoming video on YT, it SHOWS that every one can over predict you.

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
  • Well the recommend me an other lead for my team,
    Maybe forretress or bronzong can be a good option.

StrickeN

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Zong is a common lead, because he's a good bulky starter.

I tend to lead Hippo "OMG SS TEAM!"
    yeah, it's bulky hard to OHKO gets up rocks etc. You want to set up the late game early, you'd be suprised what happens when you WAIT to set up rocks :D

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
  • yeah i have hippo in my team but not as a lead.
    Also roar can be a good choice for him, but deffinitly SR is better.
    So then i replace gyarados with hippowdon.
    Also, togekiss should habe roost over Flamethrower?

StrickeN

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Depends

Fthrow is a nice choice for added coverage, but it isn't necessary for NPKiss to sweep.

NP kiss NEEDS roost, so that it can set up roost off the damage, and sweep the game. If you have something like wish support or something of the sort, Roost isn't necessary, but Kiss is a bit slowish and fragile to take too many hits. Which is why I liked roost.

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
  • Jirachi is the wish and light screen supporter.
    As you said togekiss is a bit fragil and slowish wich is a big problem, but light screen really helps to weaken ice and electric types wich may OHKO it, so roost can be a better option than fthrower to keep him alive.
    But flamethrower is useful for killing metagross, bronzong and such.
    Both are good choices for him.

Romo_Owens

Young Money
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2008
    I don't like Energy Ball on Gengar Focus blast please.
    It's not necessarily a bad set, but I just can't stand BulkyDos, and you're just mixing both bulky and sweeper. just go for standard DD/Waterfall/EQ/Stone Edge and 252/252. Extremespeed is ok but Endure and Salac Berry beats Focus Sash. Otherwise faster sweepers like Garchomp and Salamence take it out too easily. Also use Gyarados wisely because without it Mixape and Garchomp destroy your team.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Okay, the team's looking okay, miles ahead of most peoples first.

Personally I like Thunder Fang for Gyara switch ins but Gyara will win that fight in the end. Or should. So Ice Fang will be good.

Never say Togekiss is fragile, a little tip. I love running Kiss with a Bold Nature, it has excellent Sp. Def and Bold gives it enough hits to survive UnStabed Stone Edges at the least. And gives you an oppertunity to Nasty Plot.
    And Aura Sphere hits most Ice types harder than Flamethrower. Recovery moves are liked on anything Bulky enough to pull it off. Which Togekiss is. And even some that arn't.

Now unless your really really worried about Swampert, than you don't need Energy Ball. HP [ice] works fine. He can also use WoW, there's some better options than Energy Ball.

You might want to change your mind on Light Screen, it really comes down to Flamethrower vs. EQ. Which one do you want Jirachi to U-Turn on. And it doesn't need any attack ideas, not that set anyways.

Well that's all the comments I have for now, I'm not sure any of that made sense, I'm suprised I'm still managing to keep my eyes open.

Edit: Romo_Owens, I believe, on Smogon's server at elast, Garchomp is no more. I need to clarify that though.

Years
  • Lead with Hippo, Put DDMence over Gyara and Scarf Gengar (Modest if in a Deoxys free environment.)
    That way, you can set up SR, take advantage of Jirachi/Mence synergy and have a way to deal with Gyara if it gets a DD.

Don't mean to seem forceful, it just popped into my head.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Cool team. What's stopping Gyarados from ripping it in two?

Outlawed

Think you can beat me?
    Years
  • My thoughts:
    Electivire >>> Lucario for your team.
    Since you are running Energy Ball to take care of some pesky water threats, Electivire will take Thunderbolts/Punches aimed at your Gyarados and Togekiss as well as absorbing Thunder Waves coming from Blissey that will come out at your Gengar.
    Without Garchomp, Electivire is broken really.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • My thoughts:
    Electivire >>> Lucario for your team.
    Since you are running Energy Ball to take care of some pesky water threats, Electivire will take Thunderbolts/Punches aimed at your Gyarados and Togekiss as well as absorbing Thunder Waves coming from Blissey that will come out at your Gengar.
    Without Garchomp, Electivire is broken really.

About that...yeah...um...>_>

Anyways, just from experience with NP Togekiss, Roost is necessary. If you don't use it, Togekiss is a terrible choice. It has to be able to heal of damage it takes since it's slow. It's very bulky so it's not like it recovers off 50% and takes 90%. It is an absolute necessity on Togekiss.

KT is right about the Gyarados weakness. I'd replace Lucario with something like Porygon2. Your team isn't very fast and para support would be a real help, plus is covers your glaring Heatran weakness and of course the Gyarados one as well.

EDIT: You could replace something other than Lucario, just seems like dead weight honestly.

And in case I failed to make it clear earlier, Electivire is anything but broken. Garchomp wasn't even a good solution to it unless you wanted your Yache Berry and "uncounterability" gone.

Last edited:

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
  • Thank you for your comments, they are really helpful.
    So, hippowdon will be lead, and i will replace lucario maybe with porygonZ.
    As archer said, i will give gengar modest nature and choice scarf.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Use 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk on Hippowdon. I don't know what all the SDef is for >_>

Also Timid for Gengar or Deoxys-S WILL 6-0 you.

DarkTyphlosion157

All-Mighty Idiot
    Years
  • Is that Hippowdon's Smoh-Gone spread? 252 HP/156 Def/96 SpDef/4 Spd is better here. Hippowdon seems a little bit random here, only Jirachi and it resist Sandstorm.

Ah, this is the reason Hippowdon shouldn't be in the team, LO DD Mence. Everytime you switch in and attack, with SR down, you are losing 47.5% of your health.

PorygonZ needs to be Timid.

Wow, 2 Nasty Plot sweepers on one team? REE-DUNN-DANT!

Jirachi I know nothing about.

Its a ScarfGar.
    -----------------------------------
    Wow, 3 special sweepers, one physical one, something that ruins your whole team and a Jirachi. Brilliantly planned. Even the gods wouldn't think of such a good team. REMAKE. NOW.

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
  • So do you recommend to change nasty plot and put something else?
    also, choice scarf porygon Z is a good option?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back