• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMT OU

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2009
    Intro:
    I ever since i started the D/P metagame i always been interested in the half offensive/deffensive side of the metagame.Well today i been showing one of the deffensive/offensive teams i made that has never lost.Well without a a futher audo this is my team ^_^.

RMT OU

Gengar@Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    Timid Nature
    4 Hp / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd
    ~ Trick
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Focus Blast
    ~ Thunderbolt
    This is an excellent lead, and the Trick DOES help for walls such as Blissey and the likes, but it doesn't 100% stop them.Focus Blast is for Tyranitars and such.Thunderbolt i just put there for other waters like suicune and vaporoen.
    RMT OU

Cresselia@Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    252 hp/200 def/50 SpD
    ~ Rest
    ~ Sleep Talk
    ~ Charge Beam
    ~ Ice beam

This is my status absorber and chose it set for cresselia because it isn't servely affected by sandstorm.Well the SpD ev's and nature let me live 2 Shadow Balls from a Timid Life orb Gengar.Charge Beam along side with ice beam provides excellent coverage.

RMT OU

Gliscor@Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Impish Nature
    156 HP / 136 Def / 216 Spe
    ~Earthquake
    ~Roost
    ~Ice Fang
    ~Stealth Rock

This is my physical wall.This guy is very team important to team because it provides an excellent solution to lucario and heracross.The ev spread allows me to outspeed adament lucario,i went with this becuase now most lucario's are packing ice moves these days.Stealth Rock is a good utility move.Roost for recovery.I give credit to BAM_UR_DEAD from smogon for the ev spread.

RMT OU

Gyarados@Leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate
    Adament Nature
    156 HP / 136 Atk / 72 Def / 144 Spe
    ~Dragon Dance
    ~Waterfall
    ~Stone Edge
    ~Tuant

This is excellent counter to scizor as it resists brick break,x-scissor,and bullet punch.Tuant is to block status moves such as hypnosis and will-o-wisp.Waterfall for stab.Stone Edge for flying types such as other gyara's and salamence.After a Dragon Dance this guy outspeeds timid Gengar.

RMT OU

Blissey@Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    20 HP / 252 Defense / 112 Sp. Att / 122 Sp. Def
    Calm Nature

148 hp/252 def/108 SpA
    ~ Aromatherapy
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Thunder Wave
    ~ Softboiled

The best special wall in the entire game,i love this thing!Aromatherapy is good to wake up cresselia also it also works just incase one of my pokes gets statused by moves such as flamethrower or thunderbolt.Ice Beam is for incoming ground types.Thunder wave is for lucario's and infernapes,but i better hope they don't switch into a guts machamp or heracross.Softboiled is for basic recovery.

RMT OU

Scizor @Leftovers
    Ability: Technician
    Adament Nature
    232 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Def/4 Spe
    ~Sword Dance
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ Superpower
    ~ X-Scissor

This guy is an amazing late game sweeper.After a sword dance bullet punch 2 hit ko's gliscor.X-Scizor is for bronzongs and bulky wates such as vaporeon,and milotic.Superpower is for magnezone's,heatran,blisseys.

Conclusion
    Well this is my team.Any suggestions or minor changes i should do?
    Changes I made are in red.Thank you StrickeN.

Last edited:

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Intro:
    I ever since i started the D/P metagame i always been interested in the half offensive/deffensive side of the metagame.Well today i been showing one of the deffensive/offensive teams i made that has never lost.Well without a a futher audo this is my team ^_^.

RMT OU

Gengar@Choice Scarf
    Timid Nature
    4 Hp / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd
    ~ Trick/HP ice
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Focus Blast
    ~ Thunderbolt
    Lol, I'll assume typo above. This is an excellent lead, and the Trick DOES help for walls such as Blissey and the likes, but it doesn't 100% stop them. You MIGHT consider HP ice, as you dont' have much of a DDOutrage Mence counter.
    For me this guy is an amazing lead off with trick.I usually just shadow ball first to scout out what they going to switch into and if it's a special wall like blissey or milotic I just wait to next time they send it out again so i can trick it and give it a choice scarf.Focus Blast is for Tyranitars and such.Thunderbolt i just put there for other waters like suicune and vaporoen.

RMT OU

Cresselia@Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    252 hp/200 def/50 SpD
    ~ Rest
    ~ Sleep Talk
    ~ Charge Beam
    ~ Ice beam
    Fine. BoltBeam type coverage is nice.
    This is my status absorber and chose it set for cresselia because it isn't servely affected by sandstorm.Well the SpD ev's and nature let me live 2 Shadow Balls from a Timid Life orb Gengar.Charge Beamalong side with ice beam provides excellent coverage.

RMT OU

Gliscor@Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Impish Nature
    156 HP / 136 Def / 216 Spe
    ~Earthquake
    ~Roost
    ~Ice Fang
    ~Stealth Rock
    Wow some one using their head for the likes of Lucario, nice.
    This is my physical wall.This guy is very team important to team because it provides an excellent solution to lucario and heracross.The ev spread allows me to outspeed adament lucario,i went with this becuase now most lucario's are packing ice moves these days.Stealth Rock is a good utility move.Roost for recovery.

RMT OU

Gyarados@Leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate
    Adament Nature
    156 HP / 136 Atk / 72 Def / 144 Spe
    ~Dragon Dance
    ~Waterfall
    ~Stone Edge
    ~Tuant
    bulky Gyara does not need that much defense.
    This is excellent counter to scizor as it resists brick break,x-scissor,and bullet punch.Tuant is to block status moves such as hypnosis and will-o-wisp.Waterfall for stab.Stone Edge for flying types such as other gyara's and salamence.After a Dragon Dance this guy outspeeds timid Gengar.

RMT OU

Blissey@Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Calm Nature
    80 HP / 252 Defense / 112 Sp. Att / 122 Sp. Def
    ~ Aromatherapy
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Thunder Wave
    ~ Softboiled
    Bold is simply, inferior to Calm Bliss. Don't listen to the likes of Xerxes and such, bold doesn't allow you to live much more of anything. That EV spread is better, as it allows you to live a few Focus Blasts, and more sp. hits.
    The best special wall in the entire game,i love this thing!Aromatherapy is good to wake up cresselia also it also works just incase one of my pokes gets statused by moves such as flamethrower or thunderbolt.Ice Beam is for incoming ground types.Thunder wave is for lucario's and infernapes,but i better hope they don't switch into a guts machamp or heracross.Softboiled is for basic recovery.

RMT OU

Scizor @Leftovers
    Ability: Technician
    Adament Nature
    232 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Def/4 Spe
    ~Sword Dance
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ Super Power
    ~ X-Scissor
    Brick Break, with out a SD will not OHKO Heatran, Super Power will.
    This guy is an amazing late game sweeper.After a sword dance bullet punch 2 hit ko's gliscor.X-Scizor is for bronzongs and bulky wates such as vaporeon,and milotic.Brick Break is for magnezone's,heatran,blisseys and it also breaks light screen and reflect.

Conclusion
    Well this is my team.Any suggestions or minor changes i should do?
    Notes in Bold, hope this helps.

Years
    You may want to notice that there is nothing from stopping a DD/Waterfall/Outrage/Sub Kingdra from tearing through your team. You could try to shut it down with Gengar, but you will most likely be tempted to Trick it's Scarf onto something else beforehand. Both Registeel and Empoleon can work as counters, although both are hard to fit into a team.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    You may want to notice that there is nothing from stopping a DD/Waterfall/Outrage/Sub Kingdra from tearing through your team. You could try to shut it down with Gengar, but you will most likely be tempted to Trick it's Scarf onto something else beforehand. Both Registeel and Empoleon can work as counters, although both are hard to fit into a team.

Cress counters it fine if you ev it to break the sub and use the superior reflect set.

Cresselia@leftovers
    20 hp / 236 sp.att / 252 def
    Modest Nature
    - Thunderwave
    - Ice Beam
    - Moonlight / Rest
    - Reflect

You have a chance to 3hko standard 28 hp / 0 sp.def (unlikely though) kingdra with this spread and always break its sub so it cant set up. And with reflect you truly laugh at it. Even if it doesnt sub you cripple it with t-wave =]. Its time people really needed to realize how easy physical kingdra is to deal with and that mix and fully special are much more scary.

Moonlight does suck but its your best bet at instant healing... You CAN use rest but relying on aroma to get rid of it is not the best thing so Moonlight would be prefered =p.

Also you dont need a status absorber with Aroma on Bliss, since both are really redundant (I dont like aroma but rest talk cress sucks more in 99.9% of all cases).

Reflect also helps this team deal with stuff like foe scizor and t-tar.

Just so you know sub petaya empoleon, raikou and those nifty taunt tran (ALL of which im seeing more of lately) eat you alive, so use Seismic Toss on blissey >> the status possibly. (due to already having t-wave on cress).

Gliscor and gyarados are kinda redundant as they do the same thing , but eh.... they are fine =p.

Id be careful of those sub / charge beam rotom's since bliss cant break their sub..

You could choice band scizor and use U-Turn/Super Power or Brick break/Bullet Punch/Night Slash or Pursuit with an ev spread geared towards being bulky 176 hp / 100 att / 176 sp.def / 56 speed@Adamant, this would allow you to take hits from said sub / charge beam rotom and other stuff like sub mind mismagius. Pursuit would also allow you to elminate things like Gengar, starmie, cress and celebi so gyarados can sweep, something to consider =].

So yeah, sorry about the tl;dr XP. This looks really cool so far i must say..

Also DO NOT use Trick on Gegar, loosing your scarf so early in a match it just asking foe Gyarados to sweep you later game since you can no longer revenge it, use Hypnosis or Hp Ice.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2009
    Cress counters it fine if you ev it to break the sub and use the superior reflect set.

Cresselia@leftovers
    20 hp / 236 sp.att / 252 def
    Modest Nature
    - Thunderwave
    - Ice Beam
    - Moonlight / Rest
    - Reflect

You have a chance to 3hko standard 28 hp / 0 sp.def (unlikely though) kingdra with this spread and always break its sub so it cant set up. And with reflect you truly laugh at it. Even if it doesnt sub you cripple it with t-wave =]. Its time people really needed to realize how easy physical kingdra is to deal with and that mix and fully special are much more scary.

Moonlight does suck but its your best bet at instant healing... You CAN use rest but relying on aroma to get rid of it is not the best thing so Moonlight would be prefered =p.

Also you dont need a status absorber with Aroma on Bliss, since both are really redundant (I dont like aroma but rest talk cress sucks more in 99.9% of all cases).

Reflect also helps this team deal with stuff like foe scizor and t-tar.

Just so you know sub petaya empoleon, raikou and those nifty taunt tran (ALL of which im seeing more of lately) eat you alive, so use Seismic Toss on blissey >> the status possibly. (due to already having t-wave on cress).

Gliscor and gyarados are kinda redundant as they do the same thing , but eh.... they are fine =p.

Id be careful of those sub / charge beam rotom's since bliss cant break their sub..

You could choice band scizor and use U-Turn/Super Power or Brick break/Bullet Punch/Night Slash or Pursuit with an ev spread geared towards being bulky 176 hp / 100 att / 176 sp.def / 56 speed@Adamant, this would allow you to take hits from said sub / charge beam rotom and other stuff like sub mind mismagius. Pursuit would also allow you to elminate things like Gengar, starmie, cress and celebi so gyarados can sweep, something to consider =].

So yeah, sorry about the tl;dr XP. This looks really cool so far i must say..

Also DO NOT use Trick on Gegar, loosing your scarf so early in a match it just asking foe Gyarados to sweep you later game since you can no longer revenge it, use Hypnosis or Hp Ice.

oh ok thanx 4 the help =]

Noir Lancer

That One Guy
    Years
    - Normally I would just go with diminishing Gliscor's ability to take hits just to outspeed the one and only Lucrio, but in this case I wouldn't be so impulsive to do so.

Crunch-Less Lucario already have a hard time taking on Cress, Ice Punch versions can be dealt with Gyarados, and if it doesnt have Ice Punch then Gliscor walls it to no end. And to my knowledge no Lucario runs SD/ Crunch/ Stone Edge/ Ice Punch. Not to mention the fact that most Lucario are going Jolly Nature now.

I would just stick to 244 HP/ 188 Def/ 76 Spd instead.

Also Fire Fang > Ice Fang, it's far more useful now, and Gliscor really isnt a "counter" to SD Heracross as Ice + Ground do lul damage to it, it also lets you take on Scizor just in case Gyara were to fall in addition to keeping Breloom coverage.

- I strongly recommend Wish Blissey, you don't need Aromatherapy support when you have a status absorber already, Wish will also help Scizor, Gengar and most importantly Gyarados stay in the game longer.

- I don't really like the Scizor spread. use: 220 HP/ 236 Atk/ 52 Spd

Which reaches a Leftovers Recovery point and outspeeds Magnezone, so it doesn't switch in as you SD and traps you, outspeeds and KOs you with STAB Thunderbolt before you can even get a chance to fire off that SD Superpower.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    Not much to improve really, but anyway:
    ~Timid, max speed and Scarf give Gengar a whopping 525 speed stat. Now, when Deoxys-S is Uber, you only need 463 to outurn virtually anything, including Scarf Dugtrio. Why not switch to Modest? Even with Modest, you'll still get more than 463 speed, 478 to be precise.
    ~I agree with Dark_Azelf, I don't really like Trick either. Having a sleep-incuder able to outurn any non-boosted pokemon you'll encounter is a better option.
    ~It's Taunt, not Tuant. Don't worry, all of us make keyboard mistakes sometimes :P...
    Please don't bark on me for rating-I'm doing my best to get better at this as well.

Last edited:
    Back