• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMT: Platinum OU

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
Years
  • RMT: Platinum OU

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Technician
    Adamant, 252 Attack / 252 HP / 6 Spe

Bullet Punch
    Quick Attack
    U-turn
    Superpower

I've got no better pokemon to lead with, so I use CB Scizor as a lead to scout with U-turn. If I get a favourable matchup, I can use U-turn to hit the switchin and send out an appropriate pokemon to deal with it. I use Quick Attack over Pursuit because I rarely use Pursuit, U-turn is more powerful and allows me to see the switchin and get a pokemon in the field to deal with it, Pursuit gets me locked into a weak move which may give the opponent a chance to setup.

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Blaze
    Jolly, 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 6 HP

Swords Dance
    Blaze Kick
    Close Combat
    Stone Edge

I've tried Infernape out on my team, and I don't think he works well. I rarely get a chance to switch Infernape in and setup, and most of the time my sweep is hindered by enemy Lati@s / Scarfed stuff. I put Infernape to get a switchin into Tyranitars' Crunch and revenge-kill pokemon like Scizor or Salamence.
    I think SDLuke will be much more suited for this role, it can switch into Tyranitar more easily, it can still revenge-kill Scizor and faster stuff with ES, and pull off a sweep. I have Latias to revenge-kill Salamence, so it may be fine to put Lucario over Infernape.

Latias @ Leftovers
    Levitate
    Timid, 252 Speed / 252 Special Attack / 6 HP

Substitute
    Calm Mind
    Dragon Pulse
    Roost

I use Latias to revenge-kill stuff like Salamence and Flygon, and counter Infernape (outspeeds and can switch into anything bar Stone Edge). SubCM Latias can occassionally pull off sweeps, but it doesn't really have the power to get past hard-hitting tanks like Tyranitar. I could put a Dragon Fang over Leftovers but Sandstorm / SR is debilitating, and trying to keep a Sub up would mean losing >31% each turn I use Substitute.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
    Sand Stream
    Adamant, 248 HP / 252 Attack / 10 Speed

Aqua Tail
    Stone Edge
    Crunch
    Pursuit

Probably the weakest link of my team, I feel Tyranitar is dead weight. Latias can tank most special hits Tyranitar takes, and because Tyranitar is so common more often than not it gives the opponent an opportunity to setup. I've been thinking of replacing Tyranitar since it doesn't really do much for the team, but I'm not sure of what to replace it with.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
    Levitate

Earthquake
    Outrage
    Thunderpunch
    Dragon Claw

Flygon is my main revenge-killer and only insurance against some threats. I chose Flygon as it had two excellent STABs, good Attack and Speed. With max Speed and a Choice Scarf, it can outspeed a great deal of pokemon, including some Agility / RP pokemon or Dragon Dancers.

Gengar
    @ Life Orb
    Levitate
    Timid, 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 6 HP

Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast
    Thunderbolt
    Hypnosis

Gengar serves as my main counter to fighters such as Heracross and Lucario. It has a 4x resistance to Bug and an immunity to fighting, giving it many chances to come in. Gengar is devastating for teams without Blissey, its great Special Attack combined with its great speed allow it to cause a lot of damage. Hypnosis over Explosion, despite its iffy accuracy I find Hypnosis more useful than Explosion simply because I don't need to Explode to clear a special wall. My only other special attacker, Latias, sets up on them with impunity. Gengar is Scizor bait though, so I normally use Hypnosis or use FB if their Scizor is down by about 10-20% health.

Weaknesses:

Gyarados (should be obvious)

Scizor (has a lot of opportunities to come in, I don't have a good switchin to it so I'd end up taking a lot of damage)

Salamence (can be very problematic if it gets a DD up and Flygon is down / loses the speed tie. I've been thinking of replacing Flygon with a faster pokemon but my choices are very limited. Maybe Ice Shard could help?)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Arguably given its purpose to beat fighters, id put heat (or another alppliance) Rotom >> Gengar. This also at least gives you a check to Scizor. A defensive variant might work with will-o-wisp, or an attacking version if you still want to keep the offensive theme aka:-

Rotom-H@Leftovers / Expert Belt
    190 HP / 124 SP.Att / 192 speed
    Timid Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Shadow Ball
    - Overheat
    - Charge Beam / Hidden Power Fighting

Outspeeds Adamant Lucario (just put in 4 more speed evs if you use hp fight because 31 speed ivs and hp fight is not possible iirc) and Jolly Lucario cant do much to flygon anyway so you should be quite safe.

I recomend the bulky spread, (there is alternate one but it is less bulky 72 hp / 248 sp.att / 192 speed @ timid) which softens up Scizors assualts and lets face it, you are REALLY scizor weak lol. HP Fight hits Tar and Tran.

I really despise defensive CM Latias its basically a "please set up on me <insert metagame here>" =_=, ive found the LO Calm mind (or all out attacker with LO Recover + 3 attacks) to honestly work alot better and it will function better a revenge killer and sweeper in general with more coverage.

Im not sure i like the chance to win a speed tie with Flygon against mence since for some reason quite a few people use naive DD mence according to usage statistics which is retarded, but w/e. I mean you could try a mamo >> Tar, LO swine with Stealth Rock might help some and because you lack SR too currently which gives flying junk an easy time to come in multiple times so yah.

Just some general comments and things to consider here. Cool team anyways.

Also iirc you cant access the PC shoddy server right ?

Last edited:

Noir Lancer

That One Guy
    Years
  • RMT: Platinum OU

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Blaze

Swords Dance
    Blaze Kick
    Close Combat
    Stone Edge

I've tried Infernape out on my team, and I don't think he works well. I rarely get a chance to switch Infernape in and setup, and most of the time my sweep is hindered by enemy Lati@s / Scarfed stuff. I put Infernape to get a switchin into Tyranitars' Crunch and revenge-kill pokemon like Scizor or Salamence.
    Since you feel it's useless because of it's inability to switch in easily and is easily outsped, and since you lack a good lead why not make Infernape into a lead instead?

Infernape @ Focus Sash
    Naive nature (+Spe -SpD)
    64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
    - Fake Out
    - Stealth Rock
    - Close Combat/ Grass Knot
    - Overheat

Fake Out to negate Focus Sashes, Stealth Rock is obvious, Close Combat for STAB and retarded Tyrantiar leads, Overheat for hitting things like Azelf, Metagross and Jirachi, or Grass Knot for Swamepert leads who get too confident and stay in.

Latias @ Leftovers
    Levitate
    Timid, 252 Speed / 252 Special Attack / 6 HP

Substitute
    Calm Mind
    Dragon Pulse
    Roost

I use Latias to revenge-kill stuff like Salamence and Flygon, and counter Infernape (outspeeds and can switch into anything bar Stone Edge). SubCM Latias can occassionally pull off sweeps, but it doesn't really have the power to get past hard-hitting tanks like Tyranitar. I could put a Dragon Fang over Leftovers but Sandstorm / SR is debilitating, and trying to keep a Sub up would mean losing >31% each turn I use Substitute.
    As said by D_A, this thing is worse in battle than you would be lead on to believe, things like Scizor and Lucario have no problem switching in and and just setting up on you.

Latias @ Life Orb
    Timid Nature (+Ape -Atk)
    4 SpD/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
    - Recover/ Roost
    - Calm Mind
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Surf

Is more like it.

Gengar
    @ Life Orb
    Levitate
    Timid, 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 6 HP

Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast
    Thunderbolt
    Hypnosis

Gengar serves as my main counter to fighters such as Heracross and Lucario. It has a 4x resistance to Bug and an immunity to fighting, giving it many chances to come in. Gengar is devastating for teams without Blissey, its great Special Attack combined with its great speed allow it to cause a lot of damage. Hypnosis over Explosion, despite its iffy accuracy I find Hypnosis more useful than Explosion simply because I don't need to Explode to clear a special wall. My only other special attacker, Latias, sets up on them with impunity. Gengar is Scizor bait though, so I normally use Hypnosis or use FB if their Scizor is down by about 10-20% health.
    Gengar was one of the pokes who was affected the most from Hypnosis' accuracy drop, it couldn't afford to miss before, and it certainly can't afford to miss now especially in this fast paced and frail metagame, use HP Fire, as this way you don't lose to CB Pursuit Scizors, or eve nDestiny Bond so you dont die in vain or for taking out annoyances.

Malevolent Mismagius

Bulky Metagross!
    Years
  • For your Scizor/Gyarados problem use Scarf Rotom.

Rotom-h@ Choice Scarf
    108 HP / 176 SpA / 224 Spe
    Timid

Overheat
    Thunderbolt
    Will-o-wisp/Shadow Ball
    Trick

Trick a scarf away onto some unfortunate wall, burn a physically oriented threat. I don't find Shadow Ball useful, so I switched Shadow Ball for Will-o-wisp and haven't regretted it since.

To get rid of mence, revenge killing is your best option because of the diversity of mence. The best candidate would be Mamoswine, revenge killing it and still hitting other things hard with it's great attack stat.

Mamoswine@ Life Orb/Choice Band
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant

Ice Shard
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Ice Fang/Superpower

Life Orb/Choice Band for freedom of moves/power respectively. Ice Fang is to hit switchins hard. Superpower 2HKOs Bronzong, which is a good counter (duh) and it at least hits it hard with a Life Orb.

Overall, a nice team.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I remember versing this team except you had Metagross over Latias.

For your Gyarados/Scizor problem you can try standard Rotom-H over Gengar.

Rotom-H@ Leftovers
    Nature : Bold
    EV's : 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
    -Thunderbolt
    -Shadow Ball / Hidden Power Fighting
    -Overheat
    -Will-O-Wisp / Reflect

You could lead with LeadApe, that would work decently. Great team.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • just make latias trick scarf. outspeeds mence after a DD, still handles gyara w/ tbolt. makes it more of a liability w/ scarf, sure but hey, that's what trick is fun for.

you could then drop flygon for a scizor check, preferably something like reflect rotom. you can technically run reflect and WoW on the same set to reduce damage then further punish CBers.

then drop gengar for something like Celebi.

Back