• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP]Pokemon Leaf Green Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shikamaru88

Back dont know if I will stay.
Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010

First let me say my last project is scrapped due to loss of files. But I see it as a good thing cause now i get to bring you one of my old projects...​

This is just a few features of the many. More features and news will be announced with new screens and videos...​
    Every Update will be in this post.

This is a Temp Title Screen

VIDEOS:

If you want the ember animation just send me a msg...​

Credits:

Poccil ~ Starter Kit

4th Gen Matt ~ Resource Pack

Curt ~ Region Pack

Thats about it for now... A new update coming soon...

Last edited:

Shikamaru88

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Ehh another Kanto game well at least there will be new maps Lol, will ash have anything to do with this one?

Honestly I thought about it and im not sure yet... yes it starts in kanto.. but you'll end up in jhoto and more... just keep checking this topic for updates you'll see...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    If you're a programmer, why can't you change the intro event to use a larger Red sprite instead of resizing it? The player battle base in the wild Pokémon battle is cut off, and there's a problem with Gary's move route. Speaking of Gary, don't you get to name him?

The animations aren't bad, but they are a bit boring and lack the charm of the originals... For example, Ember's animation in D/P has a small burst of flames as it hits the target; even the 3rd gen one is more than just a flame moving towards the enemy.

I'm not going to say anything about the new screens other than that I think they're just taken from a FR/LG ROM.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • If it wasn't for four changes:
    You hover over the bed
    When you choose the Pokemon the sprite is weird
    The battles
    Gary walks through you...

Then I would just have said it was a video of fr/lg. You should work on getting some better tiles and change what happens, even a little. Because right now, it looks like the worst rom hack (I know it isn't a rom hack, I'm just saying).

Shikamaru88

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    If you're a programmer, why can't you change the intro event to use a larger Red sprite instead of resizing it? The player battle base in the wild Pokémon battle is cut off, and there's a problem with Gary's move route. Speaking of Gary, don't you get to name him?

Again I threw the intro together... Read Video comment i said i know about the move route... And I also know the battle base it cut off I'll fix that Actually the RED Image Was too Small... I had to make it bigger i'll find a better one soon... And you usually do get to name gary I havent decided if i'll let people do that yet!

The animations aren't bad, but they are a bit boring and lack the charm of the originals... For example, Ember's animation in D/P has a small burst of flames as it hits the target; even the 3rd gen one is more than just a flame moving towards the enemy.

I agree but its a Start... I havent even finished pallet you shoulda noticed from the video... I just got bored so i started working on a few animations.

I'm not going to say anything about the new screens other than that I think they're just taken from a FR/LG ROM. They arent they are from my game... [/QUOTE]

If it wasn't for four changes:
    You hover over the bed
    When you choose the Pokemon the sprite is weird
    The battles
    Gary walks through you...

Read Video comment i said i know...

Then I would just have said it was a video of fr/lg. You should work on getting some better tiles and change what happens, even a little. Because right now, it looks like the worst rom hack (I know it isn't a rom hack, I'm just saying).
    I agree The beginning is the same... I May change it i may not The events start in Route 1... And I was thinking bout making gary pick your weakness as a starter...

May i ask what you two got against me... I simple said panda3D blows and you two act rude towards me... My game may not be glamarous like yours but that cause a few reasons... I just started working on it yesterday morning... Im The only one working on it... And i do have a life!!! I dont have people making me graphics i dont have mappers spriters... ect Im alone making images and setting events and making maps by MYSELF So cut me some slack!!!

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I agree but its a Start... I havent even finished pallet you shoulda noticed from the video... I just got bored so i started working on a few animations.

It's generally better to finish one thing fully rather than half-do several. But if that's how you work, I'm not going to stop you.

They arent they are from my game...

Well, they look a lot different to the rest of the screens. They use the FR/LG font, unlike Arial in the rest, use FR/LG sprites rather than R/S/E, and have blue-coloured text.

If you're making this an improved remake, you have to focus on improving it. This means redoing maps, graphics etc. Otherwise, it's basically a port.

May i ask what you two got against me... I simple said panda3D blows and you two act rude towards me... My game may not be glamarous like yours but that cause a few reasons... I just started working on it yesterday morning... Im The only one working on it... And i do have a life!!! I dont have people making me graphics i dont have mappers spriters... ect Im alone making images and setting events and making maps by MYSELF So cut me some slack!!!

I'm just trying to help... If you want, I won't speak to you again; I can see you don't want any criticism.

And working on a game by yourself doesn't mean it can't look good. The graphics, maps etc in my old screenshots were done by myself.

Death Strike

a.k.a Minions123
    Years
  • First of all, you need new tiles. Or else it isn't really that much different from FRLG, is it?
    Secondly, I suggest you start working on mapping and scripting first, instead of animations.
    Lastly, I suggest you start out the game differently from the same old routine. Not that the routine is bad, but since it is a remix, you don't want the same thing as the game you are remixing.

But it's good that you have some videos. At least people can see what you are working on.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • Me, critisising? I'd have thought you'd have said only Wichu (eventhough he wasn't, but if you're gonna say), since I in fact dwefended you before.

Saying you only did it in one day, don't have mappers etc is a bad excuse. There are absolutely loads of great public tiles in the art section, it only take 10 minutes to find ereything you would need. And eventhough I have mapper and a great tile artist for my game, I didn't 3 weeks ago and still managed to make 2 great towns.

And saying you have a life (I'm not saying doing this is having no life), because you don't spend all your time on here is a lie. Guess how I know? I'm home schooled, yet you're on more than me.

Shikamaru88

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Me, critisising? I'd have thought you'd have said only Wichu (eventhough he wasn't, but if you're gonna say), since I in fact dwefended you before.

Dont Recall that must have missed that in all the so called criticism... Which i doubt any of you actually know what that words means

Saying you only did it in one day, don't have mappers etc is a bad excuse. There are absolutely loads of great public tiles in the art section, it only take 10 minutes to find ereything you would need. And eventhough I have mapper and a great tile artist for my game, I didn't 3 weeks ago and still managed to make 2 great towns.

Im Making a game in kanto its supposed Look Like Kanto Not Shinno Hoen ect...

And saying you have a life (I'm not saying doing this is having no life), because you don't spend all your time on here is a lie. Guess how I know? I'm home schooled, yet you're on more than me.

I leave my computer on and sometimes this page is open doesn't mean im actually using the site... And how do you figure im on here more anyways... I Maybe stop by once day... Post one topic or reply and leave...

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    This is going nowhere, both the conversation and this game. i advise making something completely original. Plan it out first then post. that way since you dont like CC you wont here so much if you take the time to plan it first. Just an Idea, i dont wanna be accused of not liking you or what ever.

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
    Years
  • I feel like adding my two cents... o-o

Since you don't want new tiles, altered beginning, ect, why not do some of the following:

1 - Remix the songs. Make a new Pallet Town theme, ect.
    2 - Maybe increase the difficulty of gym leaders and trainers. Maybe have Brock's Onix know some Sandstorm or something.
    3 - Do recolors for the main characters and gary. Gym leaders aren't so much a necessity, but haven't you noticed that in practically every remake the main characters wardrobe changes. o.o

Yea, just a few pieces of advice. o.o;

Shikamaru88

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    This is going nowhere, both the conversation and this game. i advise making something completely original. Plan it out first then post. that way since you dont like CC you wont here so much if you take the time to plan it first. Just an Idea, i dont wanna be accused of not liking you or what ever.

I Agree thats why i started planning a new game got basic idea for the story and the town names and region... I started it about 8:00 am this morning just got back on the computer so im working on it some more... but CC i wouldn't actually call any of it constructive... but w/e

And you gave me is CC An idea, you did not say this game looks like crap you should start over... You said maybe you should start over... In ny book the correct way to give Criticism...

I feel like adding my two cents... o-o

Since you don't want new tiles, altered beginning, ect, why not do some of the following:

1 - Remix the songs. Make a new Pallet Town theme, ect.
    2 - Maybe increase the difficulty of gym leaders and trainers. Maybe have Brock's Onix know some Sandstorm or something.
    3 - Do recolors for the main characters and gary. Gym leaders aren't so much a necessity, but haven't you noticed that in practically every remake the main characters wardrobe changes. o.o

Yea, just a few pieces of advice. o.o;

Well i wasn't gonna say anything but I did anyways this project is proabaly gonna be put on hold now I was gonna change gym leaders completely along with what pokemon they use... the songs I thought about it but haven't decided and the recolors were coming i wanted to get the basic game setup then start changing things... The way i work i build a foundation and go from there... Everyscreenie i posted every feature every story element is subject to change unless otherwise stated thats why i said my topic would change alot.... Juss wait.. But people apparently dont read(Not saying you didnt read) Just saying people aren't actually giving me a chance to fix and change things...

Last edited:

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Uh may i ask why kanto??? I see you had a previous game in kanto aswell... Its not your falt the kanto just looks like a GBC Game and were in the DS Generation.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    Look, moron, nobody has anything against you, you are the one so far using offensive words and talk about stuff YOU HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT.
    And sending a PM like this after being warned by a Moderator will likely get you a ban
    SMARTASS i saw your video and it look liked uh well i dunno ****! Second i have panda3D as a programmer i need every engine out so that i can help my Employer and sometimes they use P3D But i dont like programming on it yet alone there rendering or graphics... But hey if you wanna be stupid go ahead...
    Somebody ban this moron

Years
  • I can't really comment on the game in the state it is. I'd spend a week or two (not necessarily now, with Xmas coming up) getting some more done and adding in more features before posting it again. To be honest, careful planning is key to game development, so jumping in like this just looks rushed and quite poor. Keep at it, though :)
    Look, moron, nobody has anything against you, you are the one so far using offensive words and talk about stuff YOU HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT.
    And sending a PM like this after being warned by a Moderator will likely get you a ban

Somebody ban this moron
    You're likely to get a similar punishment. Use the proper channels for complaints. Posting PMs is just plain wrong.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    You're likely to get a similar punishment.
    For what? Posting an insulting PM which he sent me to avoid a ban for words like that in a normal topic? No I'm not.

Use the proper channels for complaints. Posting PMs is just plain wrong.
    This guy called someone a d*ck for critisism (he got a warning by a mod for that), then he sent me this insulting PM and then he comes back here and acts like he is the 'innocent one' and like we have something against him.
    That is why I posted his 'pm'.
    Here, read how it all started:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=135191&page=14
    As you can see I tried to be nice with this guy.

Last edited:

Shikamaru88

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Your still going on about this... LET IT GO! sheesh... And everything said about my game was rude and in no way helpful... Every1 said it looked bad yet gave no inight how they felt they could improve it(Except for those who suggested things). You tried to despute my claims that my profession is programming... Which is pointless but you felt it was nessaray... And it doesnt feel good when some1 says your game looks like crap does it? Think of it as a lesson learned and let it go... Im leaving the forums now im not interested in a place where every1 is on some high horse cause they can use a starter kit and proudce a game...

And if you read that topic you'll see i was offering my insight on Programming engines and all of the sudden I get this
    If you're the expert, then why does your game look so terrible?
    You have mismatched battle backgrounds, ugly databoxes with a pointless Venusaur in the background, and a ridiculously pixelated title screen.

Harsh man, maybe they're only good in 3d...

Now what what was the point of saying that... Why would you bother to say something if its rude and unhelpful... it woulda been better if you said nothing at all....

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back