• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [RMXP] ROM Hacker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    .gifs don't work. You have to have a .png or .bmp, with each frame in one half of the image. If you have a .gif file in the folder, remove it.

EDIT: Also, I've attached a .ini for Ruby. Enjoy!

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    I think the problem with the download isn't really one. Did you look at the bottom of the page? In the bottom right it asks if you want to save the file to your computer. Try that. This is a great tool Wichu and I can't wait to see updates.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I've updated the links in the first post. Let me know if you still can't see your ROM.

Also, I included the .ini for Ruby, and added a sprite position editor. I forgot to update the ReadMe file, though; disregard what it says about the version :P

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    Okay, now the ROM loads. But, every time I load some new icons they just paste themselves over the old ones :/

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I knew I missed something :P
    As a temporary work-around, try importing a blank icon first, and importing yours over the top of that.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    two Things for some reason when I load the rom all the icons a "?" i tried holding up down left and right arrows for 5 minutes each nothing and having a rom in that pasific area is anyoing were can I edit the ini or script to load from a diferent loaction or can you make it able to load a rom from a diferent loacation

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
    Years
    Thanks Wichu! The tool works perfectly for me now. Just one quick question:

Will the icons be able to have their own palettes? Or how can you control these palettes so that they do not revert to their originals?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    two Things for some reason when I load the rom all the icons a "?" i tried holding up down left and right arrows for 5 minutes each nothing and having a rom in that pasific area is anyoing were can I edit the ini or script to load from a diferent loaction or can you make it able to load a rom from a diferent loacation
    The icons are loaded directly from the ROM, so if all of them were '?', something's not right. If you had used the wrong .ini, you'd have got loads of glitch data... The only explanation is that the icon loading was somehow interrupted, in which case it should have given an error message...
    Thanks Wichu! The tool works perfectly for me now. Just one quick question:

Will the icons be able to have their own palettes? Or how can you control these palettes so that they do not revert to their originals?
    What do you mean? There are only three possible icon palettes; the tool should automatically select the one your icon uses. All icons must use one of the three icon palettes.

Oh, and Alice., I just checked the script; it should clear the icon before loading a new one. Mind showing me a screenshot, and explaining what you did?

>Dante<

Call me Steven
    Years
    eh eh ^^
    great job man ^^
    this tools look like interesting..
    but the only problem is that it is not still compatible with emerald..
    maybe for the lack of the file. ini
    right??

then..
    if you succeed in making also it compatible with the version emerald..
    this will be one of the most useful and simple tools to use ;)
    good luck whit this :)

School days again...
    Years
    What will I do if this message appears:
    "No palette found for icon000.
    Please ensure that the icon only
    uses colours from just one icon palette."

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    eh eh ^^
    great job man ^^
    this tools look like interesting..
    but the only problem is that it is not still compatible with emerald..
    maybe for the lack of the file. ini
    right??

then..
    if you succeed in making also it compatible with the version emerald..
    this will be one of the most useful and simple tools to use ;)
    good luck whit this :)
    Yeah, I'm going to make it compatible with Emerald eventually :) I'll start work on the .ini now.
    What will I do if this message appears:
    "No palette found for icon000.
    Please ensure that the icon only
    uses colours from just one icon palette."
    There are just 3 palettes you can use for the icons. I'll include images of the palettes in the next release; choose one, and recolour your icon with only colours from that palette.

I've nearly finished the next version, by the way :) Features will include:
    • A reorganised interface, with the next and previous species arrows at the top, next to the name
    • Support for being translated
    • Ability to go to a certain species by typing in its number or name
    • Only opens up the ROM when needed, so you won't have to close the tool to see changes

School days again...
    Years
    Yeah, I'm going to make it compatible with Emerald eventually :) I'll start work on the .ini now.

There are just 3 palettes you can use for the icons. I'll include images of the palettes in the next release; choose one, and recolour your icon with only colours from that palette.

I've nearly finished the next version, by the way :) Features will include:
    • A reorganised interface, with the next and previous species arrows at the top, next to the name
    • Support for being translated
    • Ability to go to a certain species by typing in its number or name
    • Only opens up the ROM when needed, so you won't have to close the tool to see changes

The problem is when I import the icon, the other colors are there except for white.
    I change the palette number on icon ed.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    The problem is when I import the icon, the other colors are there except for white.
    I change the palette number on icon ed.

Not quite sure what you mean... Mind posting a screenshot?

Anyway, I updated with the new version.

EDIT: Anyone interested in translating it, please contact me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    mmm no error message and I tried a different fire red rom I am using the fire red ini (its the only one)

Hmm... Do the species number and name change at the top when you press left/right? Have you tried clicking the arrows instead of using the keyboard? The icons work when you actually play the game, right?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    So basically, your problem seems to be that you can't change between different species. Have you got the newest version? If not, get it, and try clicking on the name; it should bring up a box where you can type a Pokémon's name. See if you can go to a different Pokémon with that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back