• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Rocket Rising

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2021
    Is their a way to speed up battles? My ATB bar is randomly about 10x slower than is previously was, each turn is taking forever now.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    Progress: Winter break is ending and with it, all of my free time. Give me some patience, and I'll keep on getting through stuff bit by bit.
    My first priority I think will be to finish out the Good Ending, because it has so much less to do.
    Gonna have to find Boss Themes for like, ALL the people.

I've had a lot of fun with this game so far, but here are some of the problems i've run into.

1) When I first went back to mount moon right after with Redra to grind, Redra's sprite would show up at the bottom like the quest had restarted but there was no dialog or anything so I had to close out the game. This later fixed when I had to go through for the scientist attacking quest. Also when I took Redra to the power plant she would get stuck and the game wouldn't progress if I told her I found other things.
    2) Everytime I enter the Pokemon tower and go to the stairs where your character questions if they feel guilty or not the dialog option pops up.
    3) In Virmilion if you enter the pokemon fan club the dialog about needing to come back later reloops. Along with this The bar for Virmilion won't go away.
    4) The pokemon daycare isn't working for me. Anytime I walk into the door text pops up saying Not Implemented.
    5) Gyrados and Gengar's sprites aren't showing up in the skill tracker along with the game not recognizing that they've lvled up. Gyrados didn't learn bite and Gengar didn't learn anything new if it does.

Again this is a really fun game and i've greatly enjoyed it. Thank you for taking the time to make this project and keeping working on it. :)

1)Ah, the Redra there was showing up at Plot point 13 instead of 12. Will be fixed by next patch/update.
    I checked the Power Plant, I... think Redra was just missing one last line to transfer Players out of the room? Should also be fixed.
    2)Huh, yeah, forgot a Switch there to turn it off. Fixed.
    3) I need to figure out what's causing this, because some people seem to be getting a loop, and others aren't. I know SOME people have gotten Vermilion base after all.
    4)The Daycare near Cerulean isn't implemented yet, there will be some kind of sidequest or something there later. The Rocket Daycare is downstairs in the Rocket Base in Celadon.
    5) The sprites aren't? Hm. That's new. I'll look into it.

Thanks a lot for the bug report! It helps so much.

lol that secret entrance is so suspect LOL

Well it has to go somewhere! And it is a SECRET entrance, it can't be TOO obvious haha.

Hey I just found your game and downloaded it but, when I launch the game, it is super tiny. Is there any way to make the game resolution a whole lot bigger?
    Edit: Alt + enter doesnt work and neither does F1 fullscreen

Alt + enter doesn't work? It should, it works for my version.
    There are some scripts around that will let the player put it into full screen, I'll see about including those in the next update/patch.

Is their a way to speed up battles? My ATB bar is randomly about 10x slower than is previously was, each turn is taking forever now.

I actually remember this glitch from WAY back at the beginning, I think the Muks at Cinnabar triggered it somehow.
    What were you doing when you noticed the bar slowing? Fighting a specific enemy? Once you entered a certain area?

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2021
    I actually remember this glitch from WAY back at the beginning, I think the Muks at Cinnabar triggered it somehow.
    What were you doing when you noticed the bar slowing? Fighting a specific enemy? Once you entered a certain area?

It was right after a milestone event, I don't exactly remember which one but I think it was taking Silph Co.

Edit: Also I had a glitch in Silph co in which I could ride my bike in the building despite not having obtained the bike yet.

Double edit: Gif of slowed battle speed https://gyazo.com/e6f0afcf89d272e131e931d6791035ab

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2020
    Hello! The story is getting better and better, i am currently playing the last update, from ur post, not from the front page. So far in the story i haven't met any bugs but the pokemon abilities are bugged. Gyarados doesn't know bite as he should have, which is a pretty huge blow to the pokemon in general and the second bug that i encountered is with vulpix it doesnt learn flamethrower even though i have more than double the required points. Does it evolve by plain leveling as well?
    Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    Progress: In the good End I've done Celadon, Saffron, and gotten in Vermilion. After that we'll take a shortcut through Diglett tunnel, and hit Viridian city, do a sweet boss battle (or three). That should be it for the Good End.
    And I still need to fix Bike things in that route. Sigh.

Hello! The story is getting better and better, i am currently playing the last update, from ur post, not from the front page. So far in the story i haven't met any bugs but the pokemon abilities are bugged. Gyarados doesn't know bite as he should have, which is a pretty huge blow to the pokemon in general and the second bug that i encountered is with vulpix it doesnt learn flamethrower even though i have more than double the required points. Does it evolve by plain leveling as well?
    Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

I think I've figured a solution for the Gyrados thing. Whenever a Pokemon levels up, the game checks if they should evolve. So I'm going to put a forced learn of Bite into that check.
    That way, anyone who has a Gyrados and levels it up will then learn bite, with no extra effort on their part.

I think only Gyrados and Kadabra learn evolution specific skills.
    I have no idea what's going on with Vulpix yet. It should learn Flamethrower automatically after 30 uses of Fire Spin. I'll look into that.

This is an awesome concept, I am excited to try this game.

Awesome! I'm very excited for you to try it too!

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2020
    Progress: I think I've figured a solution for the Gyrados thing. Whenever a Pokemon levels up, the game checks if they should evolve. So I'm going to put a forced learn of Bite into that check.
    That way, anyone who has a Gyrados and levels it up will then learn bite, with no extra effort on their part.

I think only Gyrados and Kadabra learn evolution specific skills.
    I have no idea what's going on with Vulpix yet. It should learn Flamethrower automatically after 30 uses of Fire Spin.
    Thanks for your reply! And i am glad you will look at it! I will wait for the end of the story! :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2019
    i have a question we cant go to vermillion city after hearing about the invasion right that is as far as the game goes plz tell me sry got through rocket grunt was blocking but after going into item and coming back it vanished

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2022
    The plot seems very interesting!!I hope that the whole version will be completed soon!!

Yua

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2020
    I got all of the clues for the mission to find Redra, but I still can't get past the guard to go to route 12. Also, there's a house in Lavender Town that I can't get open with the lockpick. I was able to do the one in Celadon with no problem, but this one won't work at all.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Um can someone give me the password for the final door in the saffron pokemon center mission with Maxx. I'm not very good with math and this is driving me up the wall.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Ok, I am getting really frustrated right now. I'm trying to lockpick the locked door in Lavander Town and I can't do it as hard as I try.... I mean, it says I need to use Up, Left, Right and Enter but it just doesn't work. And I can't figure out the key mapping properly either because your buttons just say "button 1, button2" and so on..... I'm using a controller to play simply because it's less of a finger tangle and less of a bother trying to move around but those lockpicking things seem undoable on a controller. And even on the keyboard, I'm just losing my mind -_-

I'm liking the game but damn, some things are confusing/annoying

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2019
    Ok, I am getting really frustrated right now. I'm trying to lockpick the locked door in Lavander Town and I can't do it as hard as I try.... I mean, it says I need to use Up, Left, Right and Enter but it just doesn't work. And I can't figure out the key mapping properly either because your buttons just say "button 1, button2" and so on..... I'm using a controller to play simply because it's less of a finger tangle and less of a bother trying to move around but those lockpicking things seem undoable on a controller. And even on the keyboard, I'm just losing my mind -_-

if I remember right, they got to be hit at the same time and held

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    literally press enter on your keybored with the other arrows, I just did it, should work in 3 seconds

Not sure why it's not working for me :(

Anyways, I seem to have stumble upon an annoying bug c.c When I go to Vermillion after taking over Saffron, I get stuck in a loop the moment I enter the pokemon fan club. My character just keeps saying that she found a good spot for a base and I need to take over like I did in Saffron. Yet I can't move and the speech bubble repeats over and over....

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2019
    Not sure why it's not working for me :(

Anyways, I seem to have stumble upon an annoying bug c.c When I go to Vermillion after taking over Saffron, I get stuck in a loop the moment I enter the pokemon fan club. My character just keeps saying that she found a good spot for a base and I need to take over like I did in Saffron. Yet I can't move and the speech bubble repeats over and over....

yeah that place is a bug zone, I never go in there

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    yeah that place is a bug zone, I never go in there

Speaking of bugs, I have to avoid the battles on the cycling road as they freeze my game. And losing at the Dojo in Saffron to the Dojo Master, throws you back in battle with the master with your tea at 1 HP if you don't turn away from the door quickly enough or try to rush through the text. I think I found more minor ones but I forgot all about it. If I stumble upon them again, I'll make a list. That way, by the time it's done, this game becomes bug-free.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    Progress: Classes are hard, and I'm neck deep in science courses. Not a lot of free time right now, but summer should give me a chance to put time into this again.
    I have found music for all the boss fights now though I think.

Speaking of bugs, I have to avoid the battles on the cycling road as they freeze my game. And losing at the Dojo in Saffron to the Dojo Master, throws you back in battle with the master with your tea at 1 HP if you don't turn away from the door quickly enough or try to rush through the text. I think I found more minor ones but I forgot all about it. If I stumble upon them again, I'll make a list. That way, by the time it's done, this game becomes bug-free.

Hm, I didn't realize the Cycling Road or Dojo was causing bugs. Does the cycling road give an error or does it just freeze quietly?

I'm taking out the Lockpick parts by the next update, they're just not possible sometimes for people not using a PC/keyboard combo. Sorry about that.

Um can someone give me the password for the final door in the saffron pokemon center mission with Maxx. I'm not very good with math and this is driving me up the wall.

There's a partially complete walkthrough on the front page, it has all the answers and spoilers and guides for how to get through some of the trickier puzzles.

I got all of the clues for the mission to find Redra, but I still can't get past the guard to go to route 12. Also, there's a house in Lavender Town that I can't get open with the lockpick. I was able to do the one in Celadon with no problem, but this one won't work at all.

The left-most house in Lavender town is there for a future sidequest that I've never gotten around to finishing. So the lockpick won't work on it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Progress: Classes are hard, and I'm neck deep in science courses. Not a lot of free time right now, but summer should give me a chance to put time into this again.
    I have found music for all the boss fights now though I think.

Hm, I didn't realize the Cycling Road or Dojo was causing bugs. Does the cycling road give an error or does it just freeze quietly?

I'm taking out the Lockpick parts by the next update, they're just not possible sometimes for people not using a PC/keyboard combo. Sorry about that.

There's a partially complete walkthrough on the front page, it has all the answers and spoilers and guides for how to get through some of the trickier puzzles.

The left-most house in Lavender town is there for a future sidequest that I've never gotten around to finishing. So the lockpick won't work on it.

Regarding the cycling road bug... basically, as soon as you either get close to the first trainer or if the first trainer notices you, the game just silently freezes. No error or anything. I managed to get past that fight once then my game froze on the 2nd trainer in a similar manner. So I just resorted to avoiding the trainer battles entirely on that route. Sometimes, even just having the trainer show up on your screen freezes the game.

As for the lockpick... I like the idea of having to break into some houses but I would just make a "yes/no" prompt to the whole lockpicking business like "would you like to pick the lock? Yes/No" instead of the current method. Or if you're that keen on having a mini game for it or anything, make it into something less frustrating.

Back