• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Well, I tried my best not to make this RPA into a popularity contest. I have never RPed with Ichiro (hope I do though) yet I still voted for him her. :P To be honest, yeah, people STOP VOTING FOR VEGETA LOL

Idk, I feel there are a LOT of underrated RPers around. For example, anybody remember Xilfer123? He was a really good RPer but unfortunately no one voted for him (except Vegeta). Even Stingray, his RPs are original, his posts are good, but hardly anyone votes for him. In the end, it's about who is the most well known RPer around the Corner. lol

But at the same time, you're well known because you're active. Even if you have friends and all, if you just have a lotta friends and post once in a RP people won't vote for you. Activity around the Corner makes you well known, and that does contribute to the fact that you're a good RPer (to be a good RPer, you need to be active as well, which was noted a few pages back) but it's just not enough to make you win that prize and "Be the best".
I disagree. I am the moderator of this board and essentially the most active and should be the most well known here. Despite this, I'm not getting a outrageous amount of votes (I'm not complaining, I honestly don't care. I'd rather earn my vote as apposed to getting it just because I'm mod). It's a direct tie in to friendship, niceness, activity, actual skill and how many pies your fingers are stuck in. Supervegeta was well known as president for the PQ by those who knew what it was and was revered as a "great leader" or something. So he was well known and had the skill to back it up.

I voted for him out of pure honesty, but if you don't want my vote, I'm happy to take it somewhere else.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
OK, guys, it's just the RPA, let's not take it TOO seriously. I was kinda saying it in a joking matter. But seriously, we should have a bit more people vote. Come on everyone! Go to the RPAs and cast a vote!

@Skymin Nah, if you really believe I deserve it, go vote for me, (I'm touched, btw. :D) it should be your opinion, after all.

Last edited:

Wymsical

V.S. The Wymsical Champion
Years
OK, guys, it's just the RPA, let's not take it TOO seriously. I was kinda saying it in a joking matter. But seriously, we should have a bit more people vote. Come on everyone! Go to the RPAs and cast a vote!

LOL, I wasn't taking it that seriously :P And anyway, like you said, and I quote, "Don't pay it too much attention, I found out it's really just a popularity contest." lolol

But yeah, we should get more people to vote. Most of the people who have actually posted on it have TBC marked on everything. WTF Does that even stand for? The Bird Crap?? lolol jk

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
LOL, I wasn't taking it that seriously :P And anyway, like you said, and I quote, "Don't pay it too much attention, I found out it's really just a popularity contest." lolol

But yeah, we should get more people to vote. Most of the people who have actually posted on it have TBC marked on everything. WTF Does that even stand for? The Bird Crap?? lolol jk

No, if it was The Bird Crap, the crap would be aimed at you and it wouldn't be in our posts, it'd be on you. Lol . . .

Oh, I had an idea . . . uh, kinda? Since I don't think that Blue Dragon RP I was thinking of making would be very popular . . . how does a Spectrobes RP or something sound? Anybody interested, at all?

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
I disagree. I am the moderator of this board and essentially the most active and should be the most well known here. Despite this, I'm not getting a outrageous amount of votes (I'm not complaining, I honestly don't care. I'd rather earn my vote as apposed to getting it just because I'm mod). It's a direct tie in to friendship, niceness, activity, actual skill and how many pies your fingers are stuck in. Supervegeta was well known as president for the PQ by those who knew what it was and was revered as a "great leader" or something. So he was well known and had the skill to back it up.

That is a very valid point, but I don't read enough RP's to know who to vote for, that's why I don't. I feel like I shouldn't vote if I really don't see a little bit of how everybody RP's. But, while it being a popularity contest is true in a sense, it doesn't really matter. Because someone's popularity should generally say that there is a reason why they're popular... Btw. Are you new here, what is a SKYMIN?

Oh, I had an idea . . . uh, kinda? Since I don't think that Blue Dragon RP I was thinking of making would be very popular . . . how does a Spectrobes RP or something sound? Anybody interested, at all?

I probably wouldn't join because my time is extremely limited, and I can barely keep active in one RP. But Spectrobes is plenty flexible and could be turned into an RP pretty easily. As long as it had a plot that had direction, it would probably be able to work out well.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
TBC= To Be Confirmed.

Voting wise, To Be Counted?

Trollololololol

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oooon another note, my new RP *Foreigners is up.
It is (nobody is surprised) a journey RP set in Kanto ;) Not "chaptered", mind you. Come play.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
I honestly am not the biggest fan of the competitive nature of the RPAs. Alas, despite the fact that I am the opposite of a competitive roleplayer I must respect that the competitive mindset is not wrong.

Regardless, I mean, I'm just going to throw it out there. I'm perfectly willing to help people fit in at the Pokemon Trainer Academy on a personal level. I'll work with you and help you make it work for you. (I objectively work way too hard as a GM. For some reason it doesn't bother me.)

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I honestly am not the biggest fan of the competitive nature of the RPAs. Alas, despite the fact that I am the opposite of a competitive roleplayer I must respect that the competitive mindset is not wrong.

Regardless, I mean, I'm just going to throw it out there. I'm perfectly willing to help people fit in at the Pokemon Trainer Academy on a personal level. I'll work with you and help you make it work for you. (I objectively work way too hard as a GM. For some reason it doesn't bother me.)

Aww...that's so...HELPFUL. *changing vote*

I like how we started having a discussion about what TBC means. (Tartar Backdraft....Copter)

In honesty, though, when I first arrived her a little while back, I thought the RPAs were a good chance to acknowledge the work and skill of an RP, or RPer. I didn't think of it as much in competitive terms as much as in recognition terms. Unbiased votes casts on the personal work of others. Of course, that's not exactly how it is right now, but I hope we're trying...

(BTW, isn't my new sig and avatar awesome?!)

Wymsical

V.S. The Wymsical Champion
Years
The Beastly Crack. xD

(BTW, No, not really. :P)

It should be a recognizable kind of thing. I hope I win Rookie RPer though. I'M SO CLOSE! TWO DAYS! XD

And maybe even Signup writer. I got competition on that one, butcha never know. If I do win I'll probably be on a tie with good ol' Silver. :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Everyone give a congratulatory high five to miley810, who finished Legendary Rebels and is starting a sequel!

*HIGH FIVE!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back