• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Rotom!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Spr_4p_479.png

Spr_4p_479O.png
Spr_4p_479W.png
Spr_4p_479R.png
Spr_4p_479F.png
Spr_4p_479L.png

Rotom is an interesting Pokémon - it's an Electric/Ghost-type that you find in the old possesed TV in the Old Chateau in the Eterna Forest. Once caught, Rotom can take on the form of various household appliances in order to change it's typing and it's special move.

Did you ever venture into the depths of Eterna Forest to catch this special Pokémon? Have you ever tried using him? What is your favourite Forme for Rotom to adopt?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I'm not really that fond of Rotom in-game; I think it's more fun to play with on Showdown and whatever. :> I forget I can get it, too lmao

Years
Rotom was pretty meh in Pokémon Pearl Version, so I rarely used it, but Levitate and Electric Pokémon are pretty cool. Too bad the type changes weren't added until Platinum though...

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
In D/P, I felt you got it entirely too late for it to be useful. I did like the idea of allowing it to be caught earlier in Platinum. I never used it though, but with my upcoming Platinum run, it's a very likely possibility!

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
One of my favourite Pokemon, and possibly my favourite Gen 4 Pokemon. Rotom is adorable and has a really neat typing, along with its whole possession ability. As stated by Aquacorde previously, the thing's pretty useful in a competitive setting, where Wash is best and the others are also no slouches. Personally, my favourite form is Heat - just because I love the idea of an evil oven burning stuff. As for catching it, of course I did! In both Diamond and Platinum, I made the effort of capturing it.

Too bad I never got to change its form in game, though...

porygoing

Kreeeeeh
Years
Rotom! That was the reason I started to play Platinum!
By the way, don't you need to meet Rotom to fill the National Pokedex?

Back