• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RS, WoW, GW Anyone?

Years
  • Well, I have GW but I haven't played it in ages. I probably will get into it again quite soon, because it is REALLY fun. Definitely would recommend the trial at the very least to those who play MMOs.

RyanGT

Forum Elder
    Years
  • I've had Guild Wars since the first couple weeks of release. Don't play it much anymore because there's not much left to do. I'm waiting for Guild Wars 2 at this point, that should be a great game. I think there's supposed to be a beta for it coming sometime soon.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    I play Guild Wars now and then. I'm considering doing an LP sorta thing of Prophecies at some point, so... Yeah, I'll be playing it more if that occurs. I can't wait for Guild Wars 2 either.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I can't bring myself to uninstall WoW from my computer, even though I haven't seriously played it in nearly a year now and my friend hijacked my main and faction-changed her, lol.

Xetharo

The Illustrious Mew
    Years
  • so I live for MMOs and I've played quite a few...ones that i could never 100% get away from are WoW, Maplestory, and Grand Chase...and as always i'm trying to find more and more MMOs...now for my criticism of the few i mentioned:

World of Warcraft :
    Pros :
    - Great game, if you don't mind paying the money
    - excellent RP if you're on the right server
    - Tons of people, classes, races, basically you have a crazy amount of choices here
    - You can basically fight anything you see, city guards, enemies, it's a free for all which is awesome!
    Cons :
    - The money, it's honestly worth it if you play the game enough, but if you're only a light player then it's not worth it at all
    - The time commitment, the instance runs can literally last up to about 5 hours if not more, so if you don't have literally hours to devote to this game every time you play...then don't play it

Maplestory :
    Pros :
    - Tons of people
    - A lot of different classes to try out
    - Very helpful community....if you find the right people
    - Not very difficult to get the hang of
    - You can lightly play this game....you can play it for a couple minutes, or a couple hours, but if you're not gonna devote time don't expect to really get to any high lvls
    - Cash Shop
    - Going to be adding Pvp Soon
    Cons :
    - There can be a lot of people who are complete jerks, so watch out for that
    - Takes forever to get to the max lvl of 200, they've revamped the exp system now and with a little effort you can get to lvl 120 relatively easily, but after that it gets tough
    - It has become a somewhat P2P game...it's free to play, but to be one of the best people in the game you either have to give hours and hours of hard work finding materials to make stuff or merching the crap out of the game...or pay cash to buy the better items, it's really the biggest downfall about this game, and one of the things that i love about WoW is that there really is nothing you can buy with cash to make yourself better than anyone else

Grand Chase :
    Pros :
    - Simple
    - Sorta like a dungeon runner thing
    - A lot of different classes
    - Good community
    - PvP which is a major plus for me!
    - Cash Shop
    Cons :
    - Classes are hard to obtain, and are gender locked (one of my pet peeves)
    - You absolutely need a really good internet connection, otherwise don't bother playing

So there's my rant about a few online games, I'm always on the lookout for new games and I always have my comments about ones that I have played or tried, so let me know if you have any ideas on some good games out there!

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    I play RuneScape and a World of Warcraft private server, myself.
    I wish I weren't so poor on RS ;~;

DavidBarnes

Forever young.
    Years
  • Dude, you're preaching to the chorus.

Runescape I roll with my main man Vamp Rev.
    & with Wow, I am usually on my lady in command Serean, the Human Pally. c:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I just started a couple of days back, but so far I'm really enjoying Champions Online. I'm actually considering upgrading to a gold membership at some later time - I'd love to change the color of my powers. PINK DOES NOT SUIT THE BLACK HAWK.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • I used to play Runescape religiously but I stopped because I couldn't find a good clan to run with or anything fun to do after a while.

Now I play Rift and I couldn't be more happy. I've got a awesome guild and a plethora of things to do even though I've hit the level cap.

Sul_Zala

Collector of tales
    Years
  • I tested a lot of MMOs, but in the end, I stuck with WoW.
    GW: Really nice graphics and several nice system WoW could learn a lot from, but it's kinda strange. I have a hard time talking to people there... :/
    Aion: Aion had beautiful graphics and a character customization system that is simply divine, but I got the impression that the areas are disconnected and it's simply not as vast as WoW.
    RoM: Nice character choices (Dual class system), but as in all ftp games, to get the really interesting items you have to pay.
    FlyFF: Funny game until lvl 25 or somesuch where it's reduced to level grinding, which I utterly hate. I love questing so much more... :/
    Rappelz: Never got the hang of the fighting system.
    Conquer Online: One of the first MMOs I played. It's mostly grinding, but at least you have a training ground where you can go afk while farming XP... I liked the armours and the way you jumped (Jumping was actually faster than running)
    Perfect world games: Those are beautiful, with nice character customization, but with all there is, I sorta need my parents playing the game too so I know a few people... :/

What else did I play? Dunno... :/ PtP games are kinda better for me because I have an overseeable amount of money I'm spending while I can achieve everything I want without having to pay more, whereas I'd go on a shopping spree in FtP games if I had the chance.

Lashh

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    I remember I tried playing WoW once or twice but I never really got the concept of it, nor did I even like the game all that much. Too many controls, lol. But I did play RuneScape for awhile, from the time I was in 6th grade till mid-sophomore year. That game used to be so much fun, but my interest in it greatly faded once it started getting more and more upgrades. The game actually became fair, lol.
    So, did any of you RS players ever run into Manman691, manman6912, or manman69123? :P

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Perfect world games: Those are beautiful, with nice character customization, but with all there is, I sorta need my parents playing the game too so I know a few people... :/

Omg this made me laugh, just because...my mom never cared about MMOs before, my sister and I got her to play PWI. Suddenly, drama! Do your parents usually play MMOs with you? I'm curious as to how other people deal with family playing the same game as them - different guilds/factions, or do they spend most of their time together, etc.

Sul_Zala

Collector of tales
    Years

• Omg this made me laugh, just because...my mom never cared about MMOs before, my sister and I got her to play PWI. Suddenly, drama! Do your parents usually play MMOs with you? I'm curious as to how other people deal with family playing the same game as them - different guilds/factions, or do they spend most of their time together, etc.

Well, we all play WoW on the same two servers (one Horde, one Alliance) and my mom is actually a more active player than me. It's pretty nice to be able to talk to them about WoW, and such things as "19 o'clock dinner and don't you dare not to come", "I'll cut the internet at 22/23 o'clock, you can continue playing tomorrow" and "Dear, I''m talking to you, so stop playing that stupid game now and put down those headphones, no I don't care if you're in the middle of a time run right now" are unheard of. We're all in the same guild and do some stuff together, although I'm rather an extremely private person and prefer playing alone and doing stuff alone, at my own pace and time, but if I ever need additional firepower in a quest I can count on my parents to be there within five minutes to give that mob a thorough thrashing :D

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
  • I used to spend a TON of time on wow, sometimes upwards of 18 hours a day >.<

But I soon got over my sickening addiction when Cataclysm came out, and my guild just exploded since the expansion was absolutely atrocious and my server wasn't progressing into hardmodes (except for one guild, literally everyone else was stuck at 1/13 HM).

I loved warcraft, honestly I really did. Community was awesome, met some great people. Blizzard just messed up really bad. They went too casual and I was semi-hardcore (spent a lot of time raiding, easily 4 days a week back in wrath but I wouldn't say I was progressing impressively on hard modes, partially due to guild drama).

I might return later in the expansion, but Blizz just doesn't know what to do right now and keeps making empty promises.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2011
    Meh, I played Rs for about 4 years and I'm glad I finally quit the damn game! At some times I was way too addicted to the game I think. The game has changed very much since the very beginning. I've played WOW too. At first I really liked it (~2months) but then I felt that it's not my game as I didn't get too attracted by it like RS! Mostly because you can't lose items on death there :D

Back